Start by marking “Release (Hold, #2)” as Want to Read:
Release (Hold, #2)

Release

(Hold #2)

Kyla was born the younger daughter of the royal family of a planet known throughout Coalition space for its indulgence and debauchery. Travelers come from all over to give into their deepest desires in the decadent royal court, but Kyla has been surrounded by sex and physical indulgence since childhood. Now she wants nothing to do with such empty pleasures--at least, until ...more
Published May 4th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Release, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Release

Start your review of Release (Hold, #2)
Roksana
Emma
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
The story was sweeter than what you would expect from the setting. It is about a virgin princess who choose to stay that way after being surrounded by physical indulgence since childhood. Then she met Hall who made her see that there's a life to live out of her luxurious prison.
Cheesecake
Kyla and Hall.
I loved the first book, Hold. It was written under Claire Kent's other name, Zannie Adams. I guess that's why I didn't hear of this sequel til recently. This book is a great sequel and you even meet Cain and Raina for a brief cameo near the end. Not as good as the first book, it is much less intense, but I loved the MCs. Supposedly Hall knows Cain from the prison, Genus 6, but I went back to look and couldn't find him in the story. I don't even know Hall's first name, or is that h
Mariela Rmfl
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
If I say this book was ok, I think I may be in a good mood and perhaps I alredy forgot how much it got me rolling my eyes around the 30% of the book and so on till the end.
I was really dissapointed at this because I was really looking forward to read the follow up and even though the blurb was promising the execution was the problem. It got boring, repetitive (for a really short boook) and so, so cheesy at the end that I was really wondering if I was reading a book by the same author that wrote
Lena
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica
Oh dear did this author just pull a 180 on her sequel. If the last book was a doughnut this book was a tick tack. The MC female didn't even lose her virginity until 90%. I don't think that counts as an erotica. Boooo! Crossing my fingers there's another 180 in book three.
Maria Rose
Release is the second novella in Claire Kent’s Hold series. The first book in the series, titled Hold, was a gritty erotic prison planet sci-fi story that had me hooked from the first page with its intensity. Release follows up that story by taking one of the characters who escapes from the prison planet, Hall, and giving him a chance at his own happy ending. The story takes place on another planet, also in Coalition space, one known for its debauched excesses. Hall is there to help smuggle some ...more
Shadi ***save your ratings use disclaimers**
I really like this authors world building. She does a fantastic job at it. This title lost points with me mostly because the content and storyline wasn't what I enjoy to read about.

(view spoiler)
Cecilia
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
I usually quite like this author (under this name, and Noelle Adams), but I found this book really slow going. Nothing really wrong with either of the protagonists, but the set up was not that engaging, and the chemistry between them was fairly weak. Pleasant enough, but kind of dull.
namericanwordcat
I was very excited when I realized Kent was going to put out more books in the world she set Hold.

This book isn't a prison planet one but it does feature a character we met there. He has cool powers and time in the prison changed him into a better person. Kind of... lol

The heroine is a bookworm living in a public sex/orgy society who does care for that sort of thing.

This is an odd book for me. I read it easily and happily. I like the characters and the writing as always with Kent/Noelle Adams i
Jessa
Not remotely on the level of Hold.
Rebecca Wheeler
Dec 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Book 1 "Hold" was brilliant, but I didn't love this one anywhere near as much. It's a departure from the first book in style, this was more of a 90's era Startreck Voyager episode where the team visits a dark ages-like planet, a "pleasure planet", where there is a role reversal of a harem.

Could have been interesting, but I found it slow and struggled to commit. But, I found by about half way, I was involved and rooting for the characters.

I did love catching up with previous characters towards
Kim
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Seeing some hand wringing in other comments about the introductory paragraph from Hall, but I think this is probably the most chaste story taking place on a “pleasure planet” I’ve ever read. It’s not really indicative of the rest of the story.

This didn’t meet the expectations built up after reading “Hold”, but I still enjoyed it and wish the author would continue writing as Claire Kent as I haven’t enjoyed her more recent Noelle Adams books as much (feels like she’s phoning it in a little).
Lit Reader
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: alien-sci-fi
Good love story in a false sci-fi utopian planet. Hall and Kyla are an unlikely couple that must fight certain rules and expectations to finally be together. Not as intense or well structured as books 1 and 3 in this series (both of which I loved), but still a strong story on its own.
I would recommend and will be waiting for book 4 to be released in the future !
Rasa Ievkalne
Sep 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Easy,light sexual story with very shallow plot. Nice to read and quick to forget.
Gabriela
Feb 23, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
The first book should have been a standalone.
Sara
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
After enjoying Hold so much I had high expectations for Hall's story. Sadly it didn't live up to its predecessor, lacking the depth of emotion and character development the first book had so much of. Though it wasn't exactly bad, this story felt like a cardboard cutout comparatively.
Stacie Marquart
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book.
Cristina
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
Short and not much of a plot.
Jennifer Turner
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
So disappointing :(

So this author got me hook line and sinker Cain and Riana's story was so good I had no problem paying for Hall's story but this one was no where as good as the first! Kayla is a princess and she suffers from migraines why I have no clue it was never said Hall is part of the potentials in her Sister the almost empress of their planet, and he's there on a job trying to traffic goods from their planet to another. But while he was infiltrating the palace he discovers Kayla and he
Dragana
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica
Since I (mysteriously) somehow liked Hold, I decided to read the sequel. The summary of this book actually sounded like something I would like, so I though it would be even better. WRONG! It was soooo boring.

Obviously I should stick to books by Claire Kent that make me exclaim 'Hell No Way!' when I read the summary.
Ornella
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Man sometimes it's so annoying not having half stars.
This was an okay read. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.
I wasn't into the couple as much as the first one, the plot and the progression of the story not that interesting and my overall connection to the characters next to non existent.
maybe i'm being harsh..but hey
Carla
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
“... too many people here were desperately grappling for something, anything that might give their lives meaning.”
- Hall

This, in comparison to the first book, is less smut more romance.

Throughly enjoyable, with a simple plot; it was definitely nice to get a glimpse of the mind of this enigma of a character we were introduced to in Hold.
Jen
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was not nearly as good as the first in the series, Hold which I loved. I did not care for the world and the situation that Hall put himself in. I am still giving it 4 stars because I enjoyed the romance.
Boundless Book Reviews
The original version of Hold is my favorite book, and I have read it ten times if not more.  It’s my go-to book when I’m just not in the mood for something new.  I didn’t care for the changes Kent made when she re-wrote it and introduced Hall, but I understood because Kent wanted to expand on the universe and it made a great jumping off point.  Now that I’ve finished book 2 I am starting to see the bigger picture.

Hall story was good, but when I compare it to Hold, it just wasn’t as gritty and ra
Anna Richland
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-challenge
Books 1 and 3 of this series are among my favorites - I regularly reread them if I can't find something else on my kindle - so I decided to complete the series and bought #2. It's fine, but didn't grab me as much as 1 and 3. Start with them.
Navyda
I don't see why people think this is problematic. I didn't find anything problematic. It was a decent story; I enjoyed it. It's enjoyable.

C.J.
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet story, not as sexually driven as Hold. Lena was such an amicable character and I liked that Hall's character had a mischievous element. Nice to see Riana and Cain again too.
Bibliophile
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-f
Disappointing sequel to Hold. No real character development. Ista-love plot line. This makes me sad. :(
abbra_kadabra
Aug 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
a bisexual male lead, a dystopian empire, foreign planets and yet this still managed to disappoint :( I will not read more from this author.
Sofia
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Good. The first and the third book are still my favorite though.

• Berrr's Vow (Zorn Warriors, #4)
  • Tempting Rever (Zorn Warriors, #3)
  • Kissing Steel (Cyborg Seduction, #2)
  • Ruth's Bonded (Ruth & Gron, #1)
  • Prison Planet Barbarian
  • When She's Ready
  • Burning Up Flint (Cyborg Seduction, #1)
  • Taunting Krell (Cyborg Seduction, #7)
  • Touching Ice (Cyborg Seduction, #4)
  • Redeeming Zorus (Cyborg Seduction, #6)
  • Stealing Coal (Cyborg Seduction, #5)
  • Kidnapping Casey (Zorn Warriors, #2)
  • Melting Iron (Cyborg Seduction, #3)
  • Barbarian's Treasure (Ice Planet Barbarians #18)
  • Pretty Bride (Rags to Riches #3; The Dead Lands #3)
  • Trapped (The Condemned Series, #1)
  • The Commander's Captive (House Of Kaimar, #1)
  • Hunter (Prison Planet, #2)
Writer of sexy, contemporary romances and women's fiction.

Hold (4 books)