Start by marking “Abe-vs-Adolf: The True Story of Holocaust Survivor Abe Peck” as Want to Read:
Abe-vs-Adolf: The True Story of Holocaust Survivor Abe Peck

Abe-vs-Adolf: The True Story of Holocaust Survivor Abe Peck

Abe Peck is the only living Holocaust survivor of an entire town in Poland. He is the only person left in this world who can provide a firsthand account of the atrocities committed by the Nazis against his family, friends and contemporaries.
Before Nazi Germany targeted European Jews for persecution and then ultimately annihilation in its insidious plan called the ‘Final S
Published April 5th 2016 by Maya Ross

To ask other readers questions about Abe-vs-Adolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abe-vs-Adolf

Start your review of Abe-vs-Adolf: The True Story of Holocaust Survivor Abe Peck
William
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I have read so many of these holocaust-survivor tales -- all in some way well worth it -- that they risk appearing similar. Yes, all are unique in some way. Abe's story is different in that the author recounts not only the holocaust episodes but also the post-war life of Abe, mixed with family interviews and photos.
Meredith Rinas
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Maya Ross has done a fantastic job of conveying the personal story of an amazing man and the horror of the holocaust. This book is so beautifully written...I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about the Holocaust. Maya Ross is wonderful....looking forward to her next publication.
Alana Rose
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book opened my eyes to the horrors of the holocaust in an educational, honest, factual and captivating story. I thoroughly enjoyed learning about Abe and found I had trouble putting down this page turner! Highly recommend for anyone looking for a unique Holocaust read
Randi
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I read this book because I knew Abe.
Bruce Fieggen
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Like a lot of self-published books, this one needs a good editing.
The author didn't make me care enough about the protagonist before he was plunged into the Nazi death machine. The only time she pulled an emotional response from me was near the end of the book when he finally got his High School diploma. Maybe she should have started with this scene. The author should read 'Night', or 'Diary of Anne Frank' or 'Unbroken' to see how the author got us to care about the character first. Without thi
Jeanette D Lucas
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good read

I really enjoyed this book and reading Abe story. The treatment he survived was beyond understanding. I have only given this book 4 stars because I was not entirely keen on the writing style although it did capture the essence of the survival and life of an amazing man.
Mary L Weaver