Start by marking “Odufa, A Lover's Tale” as Want to Read:
Odufa, A Lover's Tale

Odufa, A Lover's Tale

When Anthony Mukoro discovers he cannot father a child, his whole world comes crashing.

In the arms of a new crush, Odufa, a beautiful girl with a past, he finds the strength to face his fears and live again despite the whirlwind that threatens to devour the union.

But nothing is as it seems as they plunge into the bowels of this serpentine romance which alters their lives f
Published May 1st 2015 by TND PRESS LTD.

To ask other readers questions about Odufa, A Lover's Tale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Odufa, A Lover's Tale

Start your review of Odufa, A Lover's Tale
Uchenna (favourite_igbo_boy)
Odufa is a lovers romance tale divided in three parts, cutting across the themes of family, love, friendship, toxic relationship, domestic abuse, inter-ethnic marriage, cardiology disorder, male infertility, Nigeria system, Ethnicity, patriarchy, ignorance and various human emotions.

First of all I must commend the author of this book been this is his debut novel. And my first time reading his work, I would say he is fantastic with words and a good story teller.

The detailed description of the geo
Coded Reader
Aug 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For a debut this is remarkably good, Odufa is the debut novel of the author.

It provides an insight into the love life of the titular character alongside their significant other. It sheds light on the ups and downs of their relationship. As the story develops,we get to know the characters more- Anthony who is a known hypternsive who has being told he can’t father a child but a miracle happens via the spotlight character of the book-Odufa,their love tales as it is called / love life,endured a lot
Kay
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: african
Twas an interesting read for me. Odufa indeed is a lover's tale. Its amazing how strangers become friends and friends become an amorous pair and quite sad how lovers soon become alienated to each other. The Author tells the story of a young Nigerian bloke who fell in love with a lady from a different tribe against his family wishes. Would they pull through these challenges that shook their relationship to the core and threatens to rip it apart? that's for you to find out. The book is also punctu ...more
Ernestine
Nov 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oreoluwa
3.5 stars.

I read Odufa; a lover's tale last weekend and it was such an enjoyable read. Odufa is the kind of book that will grab your attention from the beginning to the end. From the characters to the storyline, it was almost like I was watching a Nollywood movie. From the synopsis of the book, it was called an intense love story and honestly, that is not a lie at alllll.⁣

The characters, Tony and Odufa found themselves in a relationship that quickly spiraled into one full of toxicity. Both of
Franklyne Ikediasor
Sep 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
I was very wary before reading the book Odufa; mostly the book had a massive PR machine driven mostly by social media. There was a lot of talk about the book including a hashtag but nothing actually on its content; I viewed it the way I view food that is excellently decorated, because I often think the beautiful layering and arrangement of those kinds of food was a ruse to distract from the fact that it just wasn’t tasty. So I approached Odufa and its massive PR machine with such caution.
First o
Bibliophile nemo
3.5⭐️
Oyinda
Wow! This was such an amazing book! I loved every second of it! Many thanks to Masobe Books for providing me with a free copy in exchange for my impartial review.

TW: Domestic violence and physical/emotional abuse!

Odufa follows Anthony and Odufa(the titular character) as they navigate their love and relationship in a world, it seems, that is destined to make them fail at loving each other. It certainly doesn't help that both of them are extremely crazy and toxic. Their relationship is one that ha
Timi Waters
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classic-reads
There are books you read, and you find yourself rolling your eyes all through the pages, and counting down to when you’ll finally finish it so you’d bury it deep in your locker.

While there are those, you read that gets you sitting spine straight and alert. Books that make you pause on a chapter to reflect on the deep things in life. Tints your face with a wistful smile, and gets you flaunting it on your bookshelf.

Odufua is one of such books.

The compelling style of writing got me hooked from the
C.M. Okonkwo
Apr 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Odufa is a lovely book, and indeed a lover's tale, although a sweet and bitter kind of love. When I picked up the book, I wanted to read only the prologue and get back to work, but found myself reading over 100 pages.

The book tells the love tale between a young recent graduate, Anthony, the narrator, and Odufa a young beautiful girl, who is slightly older than he is. Anthony meets Odufa through her younger sister, Ulusi, who also likes him. At the beginning it's tough for Anthony to make a choic
Adaobi Onyeakagbu
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
FULL REVIEW ORIGINALLY POSTED ON BUFFPUFFPUFF.COM
...All in all, i will say that the book tenders to the least common denominator, because it isn't a concept that is too complex or filled with a lot of big and incomprehensible grammar. It's very relatable and different and this makes it a very good book. This is his debut novel which makes it even better. Also, if you love poems, you'll definitely love this book and the anthology attached to the back.
Brenda Kodawa
Jun 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Well, that is what I would call an impossible love story. I liked the simple style of writing. The story is very captivating. I was so frustrated by these two love birds and yet couldn't let them go. I patiently walked the journey with them. I thought the poems were also a nice touch. Its not a masterpiece but its worth reading if only to see how maddening love is. ...more
Obafemi Adegoke
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book (with patience though, cos my colleague read halfway and stopped. He thought Odufa's boyfriend is dumb. It's a book Nonso, finish it). In love with the author's sense of description. Odufa is not your typical lady, her tears is part of the plan, don't get manipulated. Because of Odufa, I had to go get the author's 2nd book, A Conspiracy of Ravens- Niger-Delta themed. ...more
Ejemen
Sep 19, 2020
Liz Usen
Jan 16, 2021
Frank
rated it did not like it
Jan 25, 2017

• The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
  • The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
  • Butter Honey Pig Bread
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
Born and raised in Southern Nigeria, Othuke is a writer, poet and dramatist. A graduate of Computer Science from the University of Benin, Nigeria, he writes, dredging from experiences and influences from the land of his birth.

To his name is Odufa, a play that got him shortlisted for the Wole Soyinka prize for Literature. Odufa: A Lover’s Tale, his first novel, also got shortlisted for the Associat

News & Interviews