Start by marking “The Alchemists of Loom (Loom Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Alchemists of Loom (Loom Saga, #1)

The Alchemists of Loom

(Loom Saga #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  4,475 ratings  ·  805 reviews
Her vengeance. His vision.

Ari lost everything she once loved when the Five Guilds’ resistance fell to the Dragon King. Now, she uses her unparalleled gift for clockwork machinery in tandem with notoriously unscrupulous morals to contribute to a thriving underground organ market. There isn’t a place on Loom that is secure from the engineer turned thief, and her magical ta
Published January 10th 2017 by Keymaster Press

To ask other readers questions about The Alchemists of Loom, please sign up.
Elise Kova At the beginning of THE ALCHEMISTS OF LOOM:

At the beginning of THE ALCHEMISTS OF LOOM:

Florence - 16
Arianna - 22
Cvareh - 43
Leona - 45 (she turns 46 during the book)

NOTE: The average life span for a Dragon is 121 years. For a Fenthri it's 44.

(less)
Elise Kova There is definitely romance in the Loom Saga, but it is much less the focus than Air Awakens. Furthermore, in this series, I play a bit with the…moreThere is definitely romance in the Loom Saga, but it is much less the focus than Air Awakens. Furthermore, in this series, I play a bit with the notions of family, monogamy, "marriage", and relationships in general with one culture (Fenthri on Loom) having no concepts of these things - or very lose ones at best, and another culture (Dragons on Nova) having very strict opinions on these.

If you're picking up this book looking for romance-heavy focus, I'd venture to say you may risk being disappointed. However... I welcome anyone else to weigh in! :D (less)

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Alchemists of Loom (Loom Saga, #1)
Chaima ✨ شيماء
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chaima ✨ شيماء by: Scrill

I have an agenda today but thanks to this book, I now need to think about the future potential of surgery to give humans dragon wings for like, an hour first.

This was so fun to read. I was teetering on the edge of a slump and this book was kind of like the safety ropes holding me back from slipping into that hellscape of a void!!

It's a steampunk novel about dragons, chimera, a heist, a pansexual MC, A WHOLE PANSEXUAL SOCIETY, wholesome female friendships, enemies to friends to (potential lovers?) and
Melanie
ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

“Adulthood just meant finding the variety of crazy that resonated the most with you and doing it until you died or it killed you—whichever came first.”

This book really surprised me! The Alchemists of Loom ended up being a wonderful steam punk set story, filled with mystery and twists, and had a beautiful message: You can be anything you want to be, you do not have to be the expectations that other people have for you.

The worl/>
Elise Kova
Jan 10, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The Loom Saga is now in Kindle Unlimited! Grab it here: https://www.amazon.com/Alchemists-Loo...
REMINDER: If you do not own a kindle and want any of my KU books. Simply forward Amazon proof of purchase to Elise.Kova.Author[at]Gmail[dot]com for a personalized read anywhere link!

Want to save nearly 50% on the complete series?
Consider investing in the digital boxed set, containing all three books and over 1,200 pages of epic, dark fantasy: http://viewbook.at/LoomSagaBox

If you want to know more about the World of Loom, check out this page on my website: http://elisekova.com/the-world-of-loom/
There are characseries?

Want/>REMINDER:
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I got some really cool swag with this book! I covered my address with the signed bookplate. I didn't show the back of the envelope because I didn't feel like putting the front and back on one picture. Let me tell you, that envelope it so freaking cool. You can see the front but the back is really awesome too! ♥ I love bookish stuff!

I fell in love with this book right out of the gate! Ari is just bad to the bone. It's starts out with a lot of action. Ari is different as are some people in the wo
Ben Alderson
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NOT TO SELF, ALREADY ONE OF MY FAVOURITE BOOKS OF 2017!

This book is incredible, like seriously incredible. A unique fantasy world with steam punk elements. Different people, magic, weapons and AMAZINGINESSSSSS. I am in love with these characters so so much!

CHECK THIS BOOK OUT ITS OUT SO SOOOON
Rachel E. Carter
UPDATE 1/10/17: IT'S RELEASE DAY, AHHHH!!! HAPPY RELEASE DAY, ELISE <<<3

The Alchemists of Loom is bloody, epic, and brimming with violence.

description + description

Fantasy fans, I give you: Arianna = older, clockwork version of Arya Stark from Game of Thrones PLUS a female, kickass version of Sherlock (BBC version) with Florence as her Watson.

In AoL, Elise Kova gives fantasy, and steampunk fans, two w<<<3
The
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
I actually struggled a bit with this one.

But let me start off with this- I loved Elise Kova's other series (Air Awakens) and I think she's a fun author with a brilliant mind. I was really expecting to love this one and I was excited to see how her writing grew. And grew it did- the writing was much improved in comparison. But I just connected to her other series more- perhaps because the genre resonated with me more.

This one was a bit confusing. I kept trying to connect b
⚔ Silvia ⚓
I was sent this book as an advance copy by the publisher via NetGalley for reviewing purposes, but all opinions are my own.

Release date: January 10th

I’ve been following Elise Kova’s work since this summer, when I found the Air Awakens series, and I loved those books to pieces. When I found out she was coming out with a new high fantasy series I couldn’t wait to put my hands on it, and my curiosity has been fed throughout these past few months because of all the interactive stuff Kova does for her follower
Minni Mouse
2.5 stars because here's the thing - this book has no sympathy for lazy readers, but I am one of those aforementioned lazy readers. Bad book chemistry right off the bat.

This book treats itself like the middle of a story or the middle of a sequel...meaning that that there's little exposition. There's no basic, introductory 30-second-elevator-speech for who our characters are, no helpful inner narrative giving us a cleverly-disguised run-down of what's going on, and there's certainly no info dumping.

We/>This
Lindsay Cummings
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
fantastic. cannot wait for yall to read this one!!!
Laura Thalassa
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dragons, chimera, and a world equally divided and joined between the magical and the mechanical ... you've never read a book like this.

When I received the chance to read a copy of TAoL, I all but pounced on it. After reading Elise Kova's Air Awakens series, I knew I'd pretty much love anything Elise published.

Crap, was I right.

There's magic, vendettas that might rip worlds apart, a mechanism that could bring about the ruin of an entire race, and--my favorite--
Emma
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
4.5 Enjoyed this! Original world building, steampunk vibe. Interesting main characters, dragons (of a kind), chimera and magic. Yes please!
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
People only ever saw what they expected, rarely what was actually there.

So funny thing is that I recommended this book to my cousin a while back, before I even read it, because someone told me it was great for Throne of Glass fans, and she definitely is one. Whereas I have yet to read that series.

Well, as expected she loved it and told me it was great because the heroine is awesome, and basically a total bad-ass. Now everyone knows I love a strong-willed, kick-ass heroine, so naturally, I de
Jackie
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
EDIT: THE MC IS PANSEXUAL EVERYONE. IT WAS CONFIRMED BY THE AUTHOR.

I LOVED IT SO MUCH. This is one of my favourite reads of the year!

can I just say that this series is so underrated??? The author published the entire trilogy in a YEAR and she deserves a lot more recognition for that!!! I can't believe she created this clever and unique world in such a short period of time. UGH, HER MIND!

Also, it has dragons, alchemy, LOTS of action, HATE TO LOVE (my fav) and the MC is pan/>Also,
Lindsay
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An intriguing fantasy world with steampunk-aesthetic technology, magic and unusual non-human races is the background for a terrific story of brutal oppression, betrayal, revenge and rebellion with an interesting multi-cornered romance.

The world of Loom is peopled by the Fenthri, short-lived monochrome humanoids with a strong inventive streak and organized into regional specialized Guilds. Loom is oppressed by the world of Nova, the origin of the fierce and violent Dragons, another hu
Danielle Jensen
I was lucky to be given the opportunity to blurb this novel, which meant I got to read it before pretty much anyone else! This is what I had to say:

"A heart-stopping adventure! Elise Kova reaches new heights with this fast-paced triumph of steampunk, fantasy, and a touch of romance. The Alchemists of Loom is a must-read!"
Lonna | FLYLēF
FLYLēF Reviews

Original Post: The Alchemists of Loom at FLYLēF (www.flylef.com) with 3.5 of 5

ELISE KOVA HAS been on my must-read radar for as long as I can remember. When the opportunity came to read her newest release, The Alchemists of Loom, well, you needn’t ask twice. This first installment in the Loom Saga series was an obsessive, mind-opening wonder of violence and beauty—a nearly constant propulsion for which I could not stop reading.

The Alchemists of Loom is a unique and imaginative high fantasy that illureading.
The
Chelsies Crazy4Books
We only get the essential world building information which I really appreciated because reading the obvious can get tedious. I dont need it all spelled out. Im an intelligent reader who can connect the information given to me. I didnt feel like any important information was missing and I usually complain when a book has too many unnecessary details so this type of world building was refreshing. I like being able to use my imagination and the information that we are given painted a wonderfully cr ...more
✨Brithanie Faith✨
4/5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

description

Favorite Quotes:

"People only ever saw what they expected, rarely what was actually there."

"Adulthood just meant finding the variety of crazy that resonated the most with you and doing it until you died or it killed you — whichever came first."

"Arrogance and confidence are not the same, but both will get you killed."

"Dont let the shadows of the past smother the possibility for a bright future."

Pros:

-Multiple p.o.v'sfuture."
first."
"Arrogancethere."
"AdulthoodQuotes:
"People
Romie
What a freaking disappointment.
I’ve read rave reviews about this books - 5 stars reviews! - and I don’t understand why . . . ?

This is a painfully basic and typical YA - though I heard it’s actually adult, like how? - Fantasy book. We have two species, the Dragons and the Fenthri, the latter being enslaved by the former.Of course, you have a girl - Arianna - from the enslaved specie sold to you as the best fighter there is, killing Dragon after Dragon, speaking revenge . . . and
Petra Cross
Unique, brutal. That's all I'm gonna say.
V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards
******GIVEAWAY ALERT ************

ATTENTION AUSTRALIAN FRIENDS, Elise Kova include Australia and every country in the world in her giveaway.

Don't miss your chance to enter.

THANK YOU THANK YOU.
Zoe Stewart (yerabooknerdzoe)
I'm leaning more towards a 3.5/5 right now I think, just because I liked the ending. It wasn't as good as I hoped it would be but I didn't not enjoy it. I hated most of the Dragon characters. Actually, the only character I really liked was Florence. I didn't really care either way about Cvareh or Arianna until near the end, so I'm hoping the next book picks up right from there. The worldbuilding wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, but again, I'm hoping the next book makes up for it. I was mos ...more
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The worlds of Loom and Nova may be within touching distance but they couldn't be more different. The fenthri, who make their home on Loom, are a society of workers who are always striving to learn and create new technology. Their people are split into five different guilds, each with a different speciality, but the guilds always used to work together and people were free to choose their own paths, that is until the dragons from Nova came down from the skies and took control. Now the guild struct ...more
Scrill
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"This Dragon and she had embarked on an odd journey with each other. It was a winding path that had taken them across Loom, and what she thought was to be their final destination had turned out to be a resting point before the next, greater trek."

TAOL was fantastic! Kova gave us a rich new world full of history, a unique culture and races, and complex characters. Initially I was just stoked for another Elise Kova book, then I saw dragon, then I saw the cover art by Nick Grey). It was one of my 2017 most a
Hailee (haibooklovers)
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

Truthfully, I was nervous to start this new series. I adored Kova’s Air Awakens series and there’s always fear that a new series won’t live up to the old. Well, I am pleased to report that The Alchemists of Loom is an excellent step into a brand new world!

World-building is always something Kova has been great at, and she doesn’t disappoint here! The world she’s built, with the three different races and prejudices and secret societies, is a fascinating one! I
Dia

This book is freaking AMAZING.It's EPIC.

And I was this close to screaming my head off when it ended.

When I was starting Alchemists of Loom,I had no idea what I was getting myself into.I read the blurb and the words "notoriously unscrupulous morals to contribute to a thriving underground organ market" caught my eye.Those words screamed that this was my kind of book.I knew I just had to start my year with this book.And now I can honestly say that 2017 started with a bang.

What ibang.
What
Katrin D
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
2.09.2016: Yes! I got an ARC :) Will be reading it right after I finish "Passanger"! Fingers crossed it is as awesome as it sounds!

28.08.2016: Oh my, I saw this book is finally available on NetGalley and I'm so excited - lets just hope they approve me! The synopsis is so good, I really can't wait to read it!
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
NOTE: This is not a YA book. Yes, Kova's other series is YA, but she has said over and over that it is Adult and not YA. Y'all can stop writing "this doesn't read like a YA" in your reviews because it's not meant to be. X'D

Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Rating: 4.5 stars

My review in one sentence: My love for Elise Kova continues.

No, seriously. I loved the Air Awakens series so much, for both its own merit and what it brought into my life (amazing friends li/>Rating:/>Disclaimer:
Maggie ☘ (Wonderland-Reader)

While Elisa Kova's writing style definitely got better since her Air Awakens series, I didn't love this one quite as much.

There's brash, kick ass, admirable heroine - Also, yay! for the fact that for once she's not 17, but 22. I also really liked the fact that, while there were hints at f/m romance in this book, the MC identifies herself as bisexual.
As for the romance, I wasn't really connected to it, what little there

• Thorne (The Chronicles of Kaya, #2)
  • Chains of Water and Stone (The Griever's Mark #2)
  • Immortal Fire (Red Winter Trilogy, #3)
  • Aligned (Immortal Essence, #0.5)
  • The Exiled Blade (The Assassini, #3)
  • Cold Copper (Age of Steam, #3)
  • Rebel Spirits
  • Color Bleach+: The Bleach Official Bootleg
  • Kekkaishi, Vol. 09 (Kekkaishi, #9)
  • Neverwas  (Amber House, #2)
  • Magic of Blood and Sea (The Assassin's Curse, #1-2)
  • Crossroads of Canopy (Titan's Forest, #1)
  • The Diamond Conspiracy (Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences, #4)
  • The Stillness of the Sky (Flipped Fairy Tale #2)
  • Arabella of Mars (Adventures of Arabella Ashby, #1)
  • Gunpowder Alchemy (The Gunpowder Chronicles #1)
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
  • The Devious Dr. Jekyll (Electric Empire, #2)
Elise Kova is the USA Today bestselling author of fantasy stories filled with magic and romance.

In her past lives, she has graduated from an MBA program, lived in Japan for a bit, and worked for a Fortune 500 technology company. However, she finds herself much happier in her current reincarnation as full-time author. When not writing, she can usually be found playing video games, drawing, watching anime, or

Loom Saga (3 books)
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
  • The Rebels of Gold (Loom Saga #3)
“Don’t let the shadows of the past smother the possibility for a bright future.” It” 4 likes
“Adulthood just meant finding the variety of crazy that resonated the most with you and doing it until you died or it killed you—whichever came first. “Where” 2 likes