Start by marking “Full Share (Shore House, #1)” as Want to Read:
Full Share (Shore House, #1)

Full Share

(Shore House #1)

Nora Hargrove’s post-grad life includes a horrific entry-level job, a cave of an apartment, and a strict avoidance of all interpersonal relationships. She knows only one thing about herself—she wants to be left alone.

Avoiding her mother’s forced family time, she seeks solitude on her own terms. In a poorly ventilated, overcrowded Dewey Beach rental, she discovers there’s n
Published June 21st 2016 by Brunswick House

To ask other readers questions about Full Share, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full Share

Jennifer Kyle
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4 ~ 4.5 STARS

description

Nora Hargrove is a young woman who buys a full share in a beach house in Dewey, Delaware for the summer. The story takes place from Memorial Day weekend till the end of the summer and I found it to be enjoyable, deep and a very poignant read.

There are sixteen people that are a part of this beach house. It equates to eight full shares and eight half shares leaving this small beach house cramped but for Nora it’s the perfect excuse not to spend it with her parents during her summer
|2.5 stars|

I can’t say I didn’t see any of this coming.
It got cute but I still wasn’t a big fan of it.
{Review to come}

Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
'Life is deep - dive in.'

Nora Hargrove was named after a romance novelist. She lives in a horrible apartment, hates her job handling calls about insurance claims, helps abused dogs adjust to human kindness and doesn't do close relationships, or even real friendships. She has been estranged from her mother since a traumatic incident that occurred when she was a teenager, but has never shared the reason why with her father.

Eager to avoid summer weekends with her family, she accepts an invitation
Eliza Freed
May 14, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This book is such a beautiful story about more than just finding yourself and falling in love. It celebrates the idea that no one we meet in this world is random. Every interaction touches us somehow. FULL SHARE also reminds us that no matter what our story is, we're all just fighting for "normal."

This was an ambitious undertaking. I've never had this many characters to work with. I hope you love them as much as I do.

☆.。.:*・°☆Love2Read♡HEAs☆.。.:*・°☆ {Anne}
Rated 3.5 Stars

I liked the story for the most part. A buncha college kids relaxing (some of them were anyway) over the summer in a beach house that came relatively cheap because they all bought shares to make it affordable. The thing is not everyone knew one another so it seemed like a nice way to meet other people, or instead, a nerve racking way to go crazy from everybody's differences. It was a crowded and rather loud house for sure. Still, for the most part everyone tolerated each other and
Miranda
I received a copy via netgalley for an honest review.

This is a story about coming out of yourself and growing out of ones shell. We often have secrets in our lives that cause us to hunker down and forget living, forget feelings, or cause us to want to give up hope. I will forever feel connected to Nora because I felt she and I went through the same things but handled them differently.
The characters were vivid and real, I was mildly concerned with the feeling that I was going to be slammed with
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews

4.5 Worth the upheaval Stars!

Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Author and Xpresso Book Tours

It has been quite awhile since a book gave me a visceral reaction but Full Share did just that.  It left me sad, devastated, yet hopeful and happy.

"You're different, Nora."
"Does that mean fucked up?"
"We're all fucked up. That wouldn't make you different."

Nora Hargrove is lost.  After walking upon a moment that changes her life.  She chooses to just survive and not truly live.  Each
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Full Share by Eliza Freed
4 stars!!

“Life is deep, Nora. Dive in.”

I have to say, I loved the title of this book. Not being privy to way things work in America I was surprised at how the title and the story fitted together. Nora Hargrove is a woman that works a job as a means to an end on the telephones for an insurance company. Usually spending the summers with her parents she decides that for a change she wants something more independent and so she buys a full share in a beach house for the s
Michelle
Jun 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Full Share is the first in the new adult romances series called Shore House by Eliza Freed. I love the idea of Shore House. It reminds me of Real World and Jersey Shore. Maybe not as crazy, but it certainly has its' own share of drama and slice of reality feeling. The house is packed with Full Shares and Half Shares. The full shares are the people that paid to be there the entire summer, the half shares can only come
Shane
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it

I wasn't expecting Full Share to leave a deep impact on me. I mean, initially I found the story to be humorous and interesting, but never anticipated it taking the tone it did, and in a way that made me like it more.

Nora wasn't the most lovable character, in my opinion. She was closed-off and for the majority of the story never said what was on her mind. Many might have a problem with her but I thought her personality made her more interesting. She wasn't perfect or came from a perfect family, a
Roxanne Kade
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I first became a fan of Freed after reading The Devil’s Playground. She has an amazing way with words, drawing you in and holding you captive till the very end.

This book was everything I have come to expect from her, and so much more. With intriguing, complex characters, plenty of emotion and a beautiful story that left me in awe, at the same time making me feel complete in a way I haven’t before.

Nora was a sweet girl, but it was obvious that her introvert ways were courtesy of mother dearest.
Amy
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Life is deep, Nora. Dive in.”

“You fit perfectly with me. You’re so tiny.” “Don’t break me.” “I won’t, Nora Hargrove.”

Full Share is my first book by Eliza Freed and definitely won’t be my last. This story is well written and captivating. It sucks you in from the very first page and has you dying to know what will happen next. Full Share follows Nora on her quest of life. Traumatized by her mother at a young age, Nora has avoided men and all types of relationships. She has a terrible job that’s g
Lindsey
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
So much going on in this book. It definitely held my attention. I loved Tank! What a killer. So much crying.
With so many characters there's possibilities for many more books. Can't wait for Rob's next year. I'm hoping for Stone next. Really I'll just he happy with any story involving the shore house gang!
Christina
In an attempt to avoid her family and to get a much needed respite from an entry-level job she hates, Nora buys a “full share” at the beach house of her college roommate, Heather. A full share is a bed to sleep on in a house crowded full of twenty-somethings on the weekends over the summer. The alcohol flows freely and drugs are easily accessible, and her housemate’s backgrounds run the gamut of socio-economic circumstances, but for the most part, they’ve all known each other since elementary sc ...more
Wit & Wonder Books
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
***Arc provided by the author for an honest review***

‘Full Share’ is the first book in the Shore House Series by Eliza Freed and it’s the start of a great series. Eliza has out done herself. In Full Share she was able to give you a great in-depth of characters. And an amazing story line. It’s not as face pace as other books. It has a built up aspect towards it. But once you start reading you will not be able to put it down.

Full Share, isn’t just about Nora, though we have a great look into her l
Lustful Literature
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it

Jodie's Review 4.5 STARS

“Just Friends Forever.”

This was a surprising read for me. One of those books you go in expecting one thing and by the end you are completely captivated with characters and left with your own memories remembering summers when you were just finding yourself. The moments when you were learning what you truly wanted and how life moments truly change who you are. Learning to share yourself …

“So please join me and raise your glass to the summer, to my summer as a full share.”
The Suburban Eclectic
Nora, a twenty-something insurance processor Monday thru Friday and a full share on the weekends. But she’s not your typical party girl. Sure she goes through the binge drinking motions, but she has a layer of disquiet just beneath the surface that would bubble over if she didn’t have a quip at the ready to deflect anyone that gets too close. But it’s summer, at the shore and there’s plenty to distract her with a gaggle of full and half shares clamoring for attention and space. In the mix is her ...more
Frances
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
5 + stars because tears!
I have to admit I wondered if I'd like this book a whole lot. whew. Once I started I really struggled to stop.
It's a lot different from her others as in there isn't a lot of craziness, but it's still so good.
This book isn't really about one person. It does revolve around Nora's life, but it's more about her life finally starting after giving up years before. She was kind of just existing until she got to that shared beach house. These people all change her in some way.
Kathy Osborn
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Full Share was love, finding oneself and tragic rolled up in one good book.
The cover drew me in to read this book, but I didn't expect the drama within the beach house.
The story is surrounded around Nora Hargrove, who is in a mundane insurance job and decides to do a full share of a beach house for the summer. Nora has cut herself off of love and relationships, after she witnessed her mother cheating on her father.

Nora, has always had a crush on one of the guys (Rob) staying at the beach hous
Nadwa
[I was generously provided a digital ARC from the publisher via NetGalley]
This one was such a light/intense read, depending on how it affects you and how you look at it.
I personally related a lot to Nora. I feel like we, fangirls and readers, tend to replace actual people and relationships with fictional ones. Nora's story was about her journey to self-discovery. Her character's transformation throughout the book was tremendous. Everything she felt and thought about was so genuine and real.
I a
Megalion
Oh the indignity of having to write a review over again because a slip of the keyboard erases what you wrote and there was no recall function.

Once more.... this was an interesting book to me. I didn't quite read the synopsis correctly so I thought Nora longed to escape to an isolated place for healing solitude.

I was half right. Her choice proved to be very interesting... she participates in a beach house rental share. She knows of it through an acquaintance. This is where the title comes in. F
Sara Strand
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm going be upfront and tell you that at best, I can only give this book 2/5 stars and it's saved only by Jack. I really, really did not like Nora. I thought she was an idiot who needs extensive counseling. The book begins with readers finding out that Nora's mom is a bit of a hussy and is having sex on Nora's bed with Nora's French teacher.

Awful? Yes. Traumatizing to the extent this book brings it? No.

That act alone paralyzes Nora so not only is she apparently incapable of forming meaningful
Julie
Jul 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Full Share by Eliza Freed is a contemporary new adult novel; the overall tone of the book is alluded to in the author’s dedication “to those who know more darkness than light”. From the start of the book, there is a feeling of melancholy, regret and loneliness.

The startling prologue sets up the main character ‘s reason to be somewhat of a loner, however, it didn’t feel realistic that a high school girl would turn away from friends and boyfriend after catching her mother in a compromising positi
June Luu
Full review here at Sunshine Reviews

Beautiful. This story was absolutely, utterly and heart-breakingly beautiful.

I haven't heard of Eliza Freed before I saw this book floating around on Goodreads, but when I read that blurb, I was immediately intrigued. So when I saw it on Netgalley, I immediately requested it for a chance to read and review it. And I did not regret picking it up at all.

I finished this book in 3 hours. Can you believe that? I picked it up at 3PM and finished it at 6PM. I ate th
Caron
I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Full Share focuses on life, love and how easily it is to lose track of the people surrounds you, whether you mean to or not. I feel like this book will mean something different to every person that reads it and I know for sure that it’ll definitely stay with me for a long time.

Nora Hargrove has avoided people, personal relationships and life in general since she was still in school. I would say she has some deep rooted issu
Jessica
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Since you've already decided not to fully participate in life, you should at least enjoy the parts that you do."

Thanks to Xpresso Book Tours for a free copy of this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Umm... I'm just going to start with what Eliza Freed wrote as the dedication to this book;

To those who know more darkness than light. May you find peace on earth.

I knew I had just stumbled upon a great read as soon as I read that. And I'm left wanting to crawl into a ball and contemplate the univ
Liz Gavin
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tous
Perfect

** I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review**

After finishing reading Full Share, I was tempted to do something I had never done before: write a one-word review. I thought better of it but decided to use the word as the review title because that’s what the book is. Just perfect.
This wasn’t my first time under Eliza Freed’s spell so I knew I was in for a treat. She smashed all my expectations in the best way possible. I’ll use her own words to summarize the story, “I l
The Smutbrarians
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Full Share by Eliza Freed
Panty Scorching – 3.0
Storyline – 5.0
Angst – 3.0
Tissues – 1.0
Value – 5.0
Overall – 4.5
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Robin

Nora has decided to share a beach house for the summer with a ton of recent college grads. Drifting through the past 5 years of her life, she hasn’t really allowed herself to get close to anyone or feel anything. A job she detests…check. A college roommate she tolerates…check. No steady boyfriend…check. A room in a beach house that’s actually
Aimee
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*copy received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

I read a lot of New Adult books and based on just reading the blurb about this story, I thought it would be a lot like the other ones I've read. Girl goes away for the summer just looking to relax, party, and disconnect from her day to day life. She's not looking for love, is actually trying to avoid it, but ends up finding it anyway. All of those things do happen in this story, but it is so, so much more. It teaches us that every sin
Brianne
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for something different, something that will make you think a little more than when you read a typical romance novel and a something that is a breath of fresh air, then "Full Share" is the book for you. Not knowing what I was getting myself into, this was a great read by Eliza Freed. I found myself captivated by Nora Hargrove's personality and character, as she was a character who was easy to identify with.

How often do we find ourselves saying, "we are fine" when someone asks
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Sweet Spot
  • Addy And The Smart Guy (Big Girl Panties #3)
  • Smash Into You (Sorority Row #1)
  • Blind Side
  • Chasing Bristol (The Finding Trilogy #2)
  • Missed Connections (Summer Love, #1)
  • The Holdout
  • Stranded with the Navy SEAL (Team Twelve #1)
  • The Secret to Letting Go
  • All It Takes
  • Rikki (Hart University, #1)
  • The 48-Hour Hookup (Chase Brothers, #4)
  • Against the Wall
  • The Silent Swan
  • Cursed be the Wicked
  • A Missing Peace
  • Come Dancing (Jack and Julia #1)
  • Vacationista
To keep in touch, sign up at:

Eliza Freed graduated from Rutgers University and returned to her hometown in rural South Jersey. Her mother encouraged her to take some time and find herself. After three months of searching, she began to bounce checks, her neighbors began to talk, and her mother told her to find a job.

She settled into corporate America, learn