Start by marking “Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, Vol. 4” as Want to Read:
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, Vol. 4

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, Vol. 4

(月刊少女野崎くん [Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun] #4)

Nozaki-kun is a pro, but he doesn't always act like one...

Nozaki's daily life as a professional manga-ka may revolve around drawing and deadlines, but random weirdness is never far behind! When Chiyo tells Nozaki she wants to see more drama in his manga, he rises to the task...by trying to pull bizarre pranks on her for inspiration?! Then, Nozaki gets his hands on a girls'
Published November 22nd 2016 by Yen Press World (first published January 22nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, Vol. 4

Mehsi
Another great volume in this series. Boxes, boxes everywhere!
Beckiezra
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-manga
I was a bit annoyed with some choices made in the formatting of this volume. Since there generally have not been translation notes in the back (they were first randomly in the middle of the volume and later just small notes on the comics themselves which was actually helpful and fit with four panels in a way that wouldn't work in most manga) I didn't think to look for a page of notes and was a bit put off by the lack of explanation for some words. There were also extras in the middle and again a ...more
Sara Mul
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
The kids are still Stupid and I still love them.

This volume introduces Nozaki's family, which is great!! Sometimes in shoujo manga, it doesn't give a good glimpse into the family life of characters, and it was pleasant to see Nozaki's relationships outside of his friends. His brother is also a Big Mood (doesn't want to exert too much energy and calculates how much energy a task will take. Same, buddy).
Alory Shannon
I love. This series. SO HECKIN' MUCH.

I really can't get over how much I love it. It made me genuinely laugh out loud multiple times--it's so ridiculous and wonderful! The characters are quirky, and yet some of them are still very easy to relate to...whether it's annoyance at a particularly irritating coworker, or (sometimes unintentionally) trolling a friend, or watching someone just keep on completely missing the point about something that should be simple or obvious.

5/5 stars, for all the legi
Noseinabook
This manga is truly witty and adorable 😊
Haylee Huddleston
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fall-2018
Everyone is so oblivious. All of them. Every last one. Except Ken.
Beth
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Absurd, silly fun. After just a few weeks' break between this volume and v. 3, I couldn't tell two of the male characters apart. I can't be too hard on myself for that. They don't have even the single personality quirk one expects from a comedy character, and their hairstyles and faces are identical.
Yue
Enters Mayu, Nozaki's little brother.

Favorite chapters: everything that has Kashima and Hori on it (like the festival) and Wakamatsu and Seo (like the festival); Ken-san and Nozaki's first meeting... But the best of the best, the pajama party, with all the boys (Nozaki, Wakamatsu, Mikoshiba, Hori). I was laughing the whole chapter.

I want more yonkoma (4-koma - 4 panels) manga. Seems like this kind of manga is the funniest.
Erin
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious! Especially the otome game chapter, which was probably one of the most glorious chapters I've ever read in comedy manga.
Audrey Lei Lacambra
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seo and Waka is <3 <3
Ruthsic
This volume is until where the anime ends, so a couple of storylines from this are sure to be recognizable - the whole horse head scene, and the festival (both of which are extended in the anime, and that made it better). But the major theme is Nozaki trying to make his manga 'Let's Love' more interesting and dynamic, and he does some weird things again to test out real-life scenarios to include in the manga, much to Chiyo's disappointment (because she is the only one blushing and thinking deepl ...more
Ralitsa
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This manga is of those exceptionally rare stories in which I like all characters. However, Waka has a special place in my heart, so I really liked seeing more of him. I couldn't believe Nozaki's brother was even more oblivious than Nozaki - I loved him so much! I'm a sucker for stories set during festivals so that part was my favourite. Overall, I enjoyed this volume a lot more than the previous two.
Monrucha▪♡▪
THE COVER ART.
Goddamn it.These two are so cute they need to stop.

Mayu is so so cute.I want this boy.He's exactly what Nozaki's sibling should be like in my head.Mikorin continues to be an embarssment to himself.I love it.How relatable.

Most of the content in this volume is already in the anime but I really enjoyed it nonetheless.The boys' sleepover and the 'date' between Nozaki,Sakura and Mikorin was amazing.
Another volume that met my expectation.
Kim
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another sweet look at high school life and the personalities we hide behind! Really enjoyed the introduction of Mayu (he seems so simple, strong and straightforward, yet even he has something to hide), and more playing with societal expectations in the form of high school guys learning about romance through playing a dating sim. Plus a sweet summer festival interlude.
Tresa
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everyone is so a teenager!! Trying to look cool but getting distracted by simple things like food or chocolate. I like that they are getting closer with each other even though they are idiots about their real feelings.
brightredglow
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
That was fun! It had some of the festival but the big surprise fun was Mikoshiba and Mayu with Miyako. There is content in this volume (just as with Vol 3) that didn't make it into the anime so it is one of the volumes that make the case for reading the manga as well as watching the anime.
Bryn (Plus Others)
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shoujo-manga
Funny and delightful and there might even be a tiny bit of character/plot stuff happening? But that would really be beside the point; it's a four-panel manga and it's really, really funny.
Tami
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The more I read the more I wonder what this would be like if they were adults
Nicole
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything’s just too dang cute
Bianca (The Ultimate Fangirl)
I live for every character in this series. Everyone is just too darn funny.
Erin
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This author has made these oblivious characters hilarious not frustrating.
kerrycat
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, favorites
this is so ridiculously hilarious, and I absolutely adore it.
Colleen
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Series is so funny! Gets better every volume!
Danielle Dawson
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is just such a funny, feel good series. If you want to laugh, please read this.
J.D. Holman
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This volume has a nice character guide at the end, complete with their personality and stylistic quirks.
Faith Lackey
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, ya-manga
Reading these out of order because I've seen the anime. Pleasantly surprised to see new material not covered in the anime (i.e. Nozaki's brother, the otome game the other guys play & etc). As usual, the series is hilarious! I find myself laughing out loud while reading it - not a common occurrence for me. Seriously, every character cracks me up. : )
LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
Nozaki and his male friends play an otome game (and get pretty into it) because Ken, Nozaki's favorite editor, offers it to him and Nozaki desperately wants to be friends with him. Readers get to meet Nozaki's good-looking but lazy younger brother, see how his parents reacted when he decided to move out for his own convenience, etc. The joke about Wakamatsu loving Lorelei (who he's never met) and being aggravated by Seo (who he doesn't realize is Lorelei) continues. Nozaki uses Mikoshiba and Sak ...more
Terrence
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Started this one up today. It starts with a pretty familiar story for anime fans, Nozaki trying to think of ways to make some fun surprises in his story by trying to surprise Chiyo in reality. After that, you get a follow up to the Visual Novel dating sim arc; this time, the guys get an Otome from Nozaki's editor Ken-San. Hilarity ensues.

A tentative 5 star for now just for one of the punchlines in that Otome section that had me rolling on the floor laughing.
Shanna Hurd
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny, teen, manga
More great humor with Nozaki and friends... If you haven't started this series yet, hurry up and do so! In this volume we meet Nozaki's younger brother, watch an awkward date at the train station (in which the friends are not supposed to use cell phones to find one another), and get to see Nozaki and friends go to a festival together. Highly recommended for a funny read.
Kuroi
Random thoughts:

Nozaki's parents are awesome.

I want to bite Mayu-kun, he looks delicious. Shirtless scenes? Rawr.

I see what you did there. Mayu-kun is a subversion of the strong, silent type - so dead it's annoying.

Is this gonna go somewhere? Even if it is a 4 panel...

Lol, that pyjama party...

• Barakamon 2
  • My Neighbor Seki, Vol. 2
  • 山田くんと7人の魔女 6 [Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo 6] (Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, #6)
  • My Love Story!!, Vol. 6