Start by marking “Aaron's Hair” as Want to Read:
Aaron's Hair

Aaron's Hair

Aaron's hair gives him problems: it always does exactly the opposite of what he wants it to do. One day, Aaron gets so mad he yells, Hair! I hate you! Proving that even bad hair can have hurt feelings, Aarons hair jumps off his head and out the door. A hilarious chase follows, as Aarons hair runs all over town. It leaves chaos in its wake, attaching itself to different par ...more
Published September 1st 2000 by Scholastic Inc. (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Aaron's Hair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aaron's Hair

Matt
Aaron has a problem with his hair when it will not follow his simple direction while combing it each day. However, things get much worse after Aaron admits to not liking his hair... it leaps off his head and runs away. Aaron must chase it down, watching this mop of hair get into more mischief at every turn. It will take some real coaxing to get Aaron's hair back, especially with the mess that's been caused with its absence from his head. Neo and I agree that this did not have the same 'oomph' of ...more
Lisa
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
backcover==Best-selling author Robert Munsch and illustrators Alan & Lea Daniel have created another adventure--starring Aaron whose hair takes on a mind of its own, much to the dismay of his neighbors.

Aaron grows his hair long to look like his father. But the hair is unruly, and one day while combing it, Aaron says "Hair, I hate you!" Suddenly the hair jumps off Aaron's head and runs away! With Aaron in frantic pursuit, it attaches itself to people and things all over the neighborhood, resu
Emily
Jun 28, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Halirious! Or should I say...Harilirious
Jenna | Bookmark Your Thoughts
I've always been a big fan of Robert Munsch, so I'm glad I decided to give this a re-read.

Pros
↠ The illustrations are absolutely stunning and are bound to grab the attention of readers of any age.
↠ The story is pretty funny and silly ... especially for adults. Honestly, how many of us can say we haven't been flustered about our hair at one point or another.
↠ There's a lesson to be learned, both for adults and children --- love what you have. Aaron learns that his hair is apart of what makes him
paige turner ♡
I didn't know what I was getting into when I started reading this book.

It kind of reminded me of that Halloween episode of The Simpsons where Snake's hair went around trying to murder everyone.

This hair didn't do that. Aaron just hurt its feelings so it ran away and tried to find someone who would appreciate it.

No one appreciated it, and it wasn't until it was lost that Aaron realized he loved his hair all along, and now they're friends.
Tessa Duncan
Aaron has a wild set of hair that he grows to hate. When Aaron gets frustrated, he tells his hair that he hates it. In response, his hair jumps off and finds a new home. Throughout the story, Aaron learns to love his wild hair and embrace it. Great to use to talk about body confidence and loving yourself.
Milton Public
When you read books to your kids, you don't want those books to say things that you don't want your kids saying. So when the every-page refrain of the book is "I HATE YOU!", even if it is only to your hair, you stop and start and modulate until you come up with "I DON'T LIKE IT", by which time the book is over and you reflect that there wasn't much worth reading in there at all.
Nikki
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aaron wants hair like his father so he grows it long but when his hair won't cooperate and he states he hates his hair, his hair runs away.

Funny audio book I listened to on YouTube trying to find new books for my children. I plan on checking it out at my local library.

Kayla
The language was a bit strong, however I liked the repetition in this book.
Keri Keehn
A good book that shows the importance of following directions.
Anna Marie
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
A really bad hair day. Aaron wants to look like his dad, such a simple thing.
Kelly
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Aaron has a bad hair day and states that he hates his hair. So his hair runs away leaving Aaron bald. I didn't like it much, but I had to give it four stars just for the appeal to kids.
Christina Warren
Aaron’s hair runs away from him. Aaron goes through adventures trying to get his hair back. Good book for 2nd-4th. Mrs. Thomsonbook owns it. Genre: children’s literature
Sheri
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a zany and silly story of Aaron's hair leaving him and running away when it is told Aaron hates it because it won't behave. He wants it long to look like his dad. But Aaron runs chasing it and everyone it attaches itself to has to say they hate it to get it off them. With a twist at the end Aaron gets his hair back.
Carol
In this Munsch book, we have a different illustrator(s) - Alan and Lea Daniel. The craziness of Martchenko is still in this one, but the drawings have a slightly different feel. The cause of all the upset - Aaron yelling at his hair and saying "Hair! I hate you!" is something most everyone can relate to on all those bad hair hairs we've all had. And obviously, you are never to young to have a bad hair day. Aaron looks about 6-8 years old and he's fascinated by his dad's do (crazy blond beard and ...more
Tam
Aug 06, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Connie
Apr 07, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Robert Munsch, for the uninitiated, writes a number of cheerfully absurd books. This one is about a boy who hates his hair, and finds that saying that hurts his hair's feelings so much that it runs away. Sentient hair!

Frankly, I find Aaron running around telling people to tell his hair that they hate it so it'll stop growing on them to be a bit tasteless, but my nieces *adore* this book and ask for it often, so I can overlook that part.

If you're concerned about use of the phrase "I hate you" you
Slayermel
This is a very silly book about a little boy named Aaron who is having a bad hair day. When he gets mad at his hair, his hair decides to run away and Aaron is left chasing after it.

My one complaint about the book is that every time he catches up to the hair and it's stuck to someone, Aaron suggests the person tell the hair that they don't like it. Then that person says "Hair! I hate you". I just find Hate to be such a strong word especially when it would have sufficed for the person to say "Hair
Amber Lynch
Oct 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Aaron decided to grow his hair out to look more like his dad. He then started having trouble with his hair and he declared that he hated it. This offended his hair and so his hair decided to run away from Aaron. The hair takes Aaron on a wild adventure as it decides to be anywhere but Aaron's head. How will Aaron get his hair back? Read and find out!

This book may be used as text to text connection with the Gingerbread Man. I thought of this as soon as I started reading so the teacher may read bo
Katie Nanney
I thought "Aaron's Hair" was okay. I didn't seem to have much of a point to it, except to tell kids not to take things for granted, or the things will leave you. It's a good lesson, but I'm not sure if younger kids will pick up on that. It's not really for older kids who would pick up on that lesson. It was pretty funny and the illustrations were very colorful. I would recommend it as a fun book for younger kids.
Betsy
This one was pretty funny. It uses the word "hate" when talking about Aaron's hair...so might have to address that word before reading it aloud in class. But, I still think it's a fun book. You can hear the author read it aloud here http://robertmunsch.com/books. Great for visualizing activity.
Morgan Hollen (Marengo, IN)
“Aaron’s Hair” written by Robert Munsch and illustrated by Alan and Lea Daniel was an interesting book. I know that it would intrigue young Reader’s minds a be something they can each probably relate to. We read this in one of my college classes. I recommend it.
Ashley Enlow
I liked the illustrations and the story was humorous but not much came to mind while reading this book. I could see a short lesson on not taking things for granted for higher grade levels but main points end there.
Roger Smitter
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great book for showing all of us (regardless of age) that some things that we don't like about ourselves are the things that we miss the most when they are gone. When we want that thing back, it will be good for us.
Katherine
Oct 24, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Katherine by: Samuel
Samuel was laughing so loud as he read this to himself that I ran upstairs to find out what he was up to. After seeing what he was laughing so hard over, I obviously had to read it, too. Yup. It's a laugh-out-loud hilarious book!
Breana Fitzgerald
This book took me by surprised when the boy's hair jumped off his head and went to find different places to grow. I thought it was very interesting book. It is a perfect relief to read aloud on a stressful school day. It is very silly and entertaining.
Christie Tulloch
Aaron's Hair is self explanatory, and the cover is worth a thousand words. Aaron has very uncontrollable hair. No matter what he does, his hair is always crazy. I loved this book and it made me laugh.
Lanie Flint
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The illustrations are very fun and appealing. I like that this story brings an inanimate object to life; by doing that, kids are opened up to the idea of imagination and creativity. This story also teaches kids not to be mean because if you are, the thing or person won't want to be around anymore.
Teri
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Really disappointing from the author of Love You Forever, and recommended on some good teaching blogs. Blah--
Tara
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny book about what happens when you tell your hair you hate it. Aarons' hair jumped off his head looking for a new home because he had hurt its' feelings.
Fake unless... 1 1 May 04, 2014 03:18PM

• The Story of Jumping Mouse
  • Sadie and the Snowman
  • The Bicycle Man
  • These Hands
Robert Munsch was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Fordham University in 1969 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in history and from Boston University in 1971 with a Master of Arts degree in anthropology.

He studied to become a Jesuit priest, but decided he would rather work with children after jobs at orphanages and daycare centers. In 1973, he received a Master of Education in Chil
“Fake things can't really happen.” 1 likes