Start by marking “Mirror Image” as Want to Read:

Read Book

Mirror Image

Six months after Linda's sister Elizabeth killed herself, Linda has finally gotten her life back to some semblance of normalcy. Until a killer appears who is stalking men ... a killer who resembles Elizabeth ... a killer who seems somehow familiar to Linda.

And, to make matters worse, Steve, her old high school crush and now a detective, is assigned to this case. He's aski
Kindle Edition
Published May 28th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Mirror Image, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mirror Image

Linda Strong
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Young single men are being brutally murdered. They are found in their beds, hands lashed to the headboard, naked, and with cut throats. There is a look of terror on their faces.

Linda is not having a good life. Her sister, Elizabeth, committed suicide 6 months earlier, and even though her body has never been found, there were witnesses. Linda isn't exactly grieving ... she feels guilt and maybe some relief for the most part.

It's really taking a toll on her health. She's lost so much weight, she'
Jainish Patel
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Young single men are being tortured and murdered in bed and founded naked in their bed. Such a havoc and terror situation in the town.

Linda - the main character grew up in an abusive household along with her four brothers and little sister Elizabeth, who committed suicide six months ago, even though her body is never been found and there were witnesses. Linda was mentally disturbed as she feel guilt about Elizabeth's suicide in result she eats like a bird and she is having nightmares plague her
Meghan
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
(3 1/2 stars)

Linda grew up in an abusive household along with her four brothers and little sister, Elizabeth, who committed suicide six months ago. Everyone in the family has handled the death differently, and it (as well as behavior by her family) hit her hard. Lately, though, she's been having dreams about Elizabeth - and is even sure that she saw her one day while she was on her way home from work.

Maybe it's the fact that Steve, a guy she once knew, has come back into her life, investigating
Lynda Dickson
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ages 18+
Shelves: adult
Linda can't eat or sleep and is plagued by vivid nightmares in which she sees men getting killed before reading about them in the paper. Detective Steve Anderson - Linda's high school crush and her sister Elizabeth's ex-boyfriend - seeks Linda out with the possibility that Elizabeth might be committing these crimes. The only problem is that Elizabeth died six months ago. Then Linda starts having blackouts and losing time. Could she herself have something to do with the deaths?

Mirror Image is a c
Paula  Phillips
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever grown up in a family where you have felt like the odd one out , the black sheep ? For Linda, growing up in her family she was always the one to get into trouble as her sister Elizabeth was the golden child and the one who could do know wrong . If something went wrong, it had to be all Linda's fault. Six months ago, Linda's sister Elizabeth disappeared and was said to have committed suicide and at the funeral once again , it was Linda's fault that she had died and that Linda must ha ...more
LAWonder10
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THIS IS A VERY INTERESTING PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER ABOUT A HIGHLY DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY WITH A VERY UNUSUAL CHILD. THE WHOLE FAMILY SEEMS MESMERIZED BY ELIZABETH EXCEPT FOR LINDA...ELIZABETH ALWAYS GOT LINDA IN TROUBLE AND THEN SEEMED TO ENJOY SEEING HER ABUSIVELY DISCIPLINED. ELIZABETH DIED...OR DID SHE? SIX MONTHS LATER, LINDA IS SUFFERING WITH EXTREME NIGHTMARES, IS LOSING WEIGHT RAPIDLY AND IS NEEDING TO HIDE THE DARK CIRCLES AND PALE SKIN WITH MAKEUP. AFTER SOME BIZARRE SITUATIONS, LINDA FEEL ...more
Tami
May 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Thank you, Netgalley, for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Which would be worse, knowing that your dead sister has come back to life and is now a serial killer or that someone else is the killer….and that person is you?

I seem to be posting one of the first reviews for this book, so I don't want to give anything away.

First of all, I think that this author is very talented and I enjoyed her writing style. The characters seemed to be underdeveloped though, which sort of bothere
Linda
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!! This book took you on a roller coaster ride. I meant to start this book on takeoff of a plane trip to California. Put it down to watch the scenery and then pick it back up for the descent. That didn't happen. I ended up finishing it on the plane. The story of family history and how it can lead to enough psychological trauma to make a serial killer with a dose of the supernatural thrown in for affect makes for a bumpy ride that left you satisfied but wanting more.

I was given a free copy of
Andrea
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first psychological suspense thriller I have read and kept reading page after page. This is well written with interesting characters. I thought I had it figured out but I was very surprised at the end.
Coreen Arioto
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mirror image

Great storyline and all the crazy characters, this was a real well written mystery. I enjoying how the flow of the writing kept your interest page after page. Thank you for a wonderful read.
Emma (EnglishBlonde)
This review is also posted on my main blog, English Blonde.

Mirror Image follows our main character Linda, who is not exactly having the good life she hoped for. She came from an abusive home, and her sister, Elizabeth committed suicide earlier this year, leaving no body behind. Due to her sister’s death, part of her feels guilt for never noticing anything wrong, and also relief due to the trials and tribulations that she put her through as both a child and an adult. Due to all of this Linda’s he
Stephanie M
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a psychological thriller and suspense novel where men who frequent bars are no longer safe and could end up the next murder victim, bound and in their beds and butchered to death with a knife.

Linda was born into a dark family of 8, which included herself, her parents, and her brothers, Peter, Mark, Mike, and Chad, as well as her younger sister Elizabeth. Linda and Chad were outsiders and
seen as weak beings, bearing the brunt of physical attacks from their father, as well as their 3 othe
Shelly
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Losing a sibling takes a hard hit on a person. Linda is bearing the brunt of her sister Elizabeth's suicide - she's lost a ton of weight and begins having nightmares about the men who have started showing up brutally murdered. Linda feels guilty about her sister turning to suicide but she's also feeling a sense of relief which causes her even more troubles - especially with sleeping! Her sister's body was never found and even with witnesses, it's hard not to wonder if she's still alive when witn ...more
Nicki Conroy
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Michele Pariza Wacek has a winner on her hands with Mirror Image. This novel is a psychological thriller that is set in small town Wisconsin. Linda has lost her sister to suicide and has spent six months trying to deal with her grief. When murders begin happening, a high school crush turned cop comes to visit. He doesn't believe Linda committed the murders but her dead sister has been sighted at the bars with the victims prior to their deaths.

Wacek penned a suspenseful novel that had me hanging
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
WOW! This book starts out with a bang and just keeps going!

This story is edge-of-your-seat suspenseful, a little creepy, and even sad in spots. A definite page turner, I didn't want to put it down.

Oh I tried so hard to figure this one out. I thought I had it once but I was way off. This was a story that was expertly woven right up to the perfect wrap-up at the end. The author never misses a beat.

Excellent character development. I loved Linda and Steve (the cop) and Elizabeth (who was supposed to
Kayla Larimore
Thank you to Netgalley for an advanced copy to review!

That first line of the description immediately grabbed my attention and made me want to read this one! The storyline unique and unlike anything I've read before. For the most part, I felt like there was great suspense and intrigue. The ending was completely unexpected which is always a
Vicki Gooding
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the publisher and now choose to give an honest and fair review. This book grabs you at the very beginning and refuses to lessen its grip through the very last page. The story begins with a female, silver eyes, named Elizabeth who is murdering young single men. The book is filled with psychological suspense. It shows us a family of violence, bitterness, and post traumatic stress of the victims. The story revolves around one daughter/sister in the family who is as beautif ...more
Marbea E. Logan
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok so I was not ready for this awesome suspense thriller mystery. Totally blew me away with all the craziness and clues. I would give so many spoilers if I tried to explain everything I thought was actually going on from beginning to end. All I know is Linda almost had me convinced she was guilty subconsciously, but it was too easy for that! I figured after Chad's incident he wasn't the one to look at, but one of the clues being about brother's who might be a suspect. I really am so happy Elizab ...more
Fancy Book
I received this book from the publishers for exchange of giving a honest review.

I would recommend this book to people who enjoy reading uncanny books because the author Michelele Pariza Wacek, does an excellent job writing a sinister and mysterious story. The story honestly made my nights a little terrifying after reading a few chapters before bed or a night out. I do not want to give any bits of the story away, so if you do see this book in the library or store it definitely is something you s
Donna
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well to start with I really liked this story line, I thought it was different and I've never read anything similar to it.

Its a psychological thriller set in Wisconsin. Linda's sister comitted suicide 6 months ago and she's struggling to deal with her grief and come to terms with it.

Single men are been hunted and murdered, and Linda is having blackouts where hours disappear and she has no idea where she's been or what she's done.

Is kinda the murderer? Twists and turns galore in this book, really
Douglas Brown
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Solid hit in the psycho-thriller line

This book fully deserves its rating, with no allowances for being a new writer or for the mass of stuff published on Kindle. The book is well written, the characters interesting and realistic, the dialog is believable and the story is compelling. Michelle PW has arrived! I have to admit I didn't get the final plot twist by which the story reaches its conclusion, but the outcome makes sense so it's not a jarring ending. In another edition (thank goodness for t
Terry Pearson
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won a copy of this book in a giveaway on goodreads. Leaving a review was option.

Everyone has already described this book so I see no need to be repetitive .

After my last several reads, this one was welcomed. It's a rather easy book to get wrapped up in and on the first day of reading , I read past lunch and dinner without realizing it. I've no responsibilities at home other then a cat so it wasn't an issue lol.

I'd certainly recommend this book to my friends.
Ren nerdychampagne
I recieved a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

OKAY
First things first, this had that creepy myterious vibe up until the last pages. I'm crying. This is how psychological thriller-mystery should be.
Second, when you're writing a psychological thriller-mystery, make sure you put a lot of action and drag the climax in an action-packed way. It all happened ssooo fast I didn't know what to do after I read that "The End"
LIKE AMSDNVBGRUHE

**full review to come**
A.B. Shepherd
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Linda is from a violently abusive family, yet her younger sister Elizabeth was worshipped as a princess by their father and brothers. After Elizabeth commits suicide a serial killer resembling her begins haunting Linda's life.

As this story plays out you, along with Linda, try to figure out what's really going on. Is she having a breakdown? Is Elizabeth somehow still alive? Is something supernatural happening?

You'll have to read it to find out.
Denise S
This book was absolutely exceptional. It had just the right amount of suspense to keep me wondering and to keep me trying to solve the mystery. Another thing that I really enjoy about this author is the dynamic between her characters and all of the layers they go through in discovering who they are to themselves and to each other .
Sandy
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mirror Image

Borderline supernatural murder mystery. Lots of suspense and suspicious characters make it impossible to determine who the real killer is and the motive until the very end.
Kim Bamber
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you NetGalley and Love-Based Publishing for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

At first I wasn't sure what this book was about. It seemed like some supernatural factors going on... it definitely kept me guessing until the end, Great suspense novel.
Melissa Hinton
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book right up until the end. It just kind of touched on the super natural aspect and I wanted a little bit more of an explanation.
Tiffany Copple
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is not the type of book I normally read , however I am glad I did. It kept me guessing the entire time. I read it in one sitting , I just couldn't put it down .
Julie
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I received this books from Goodreads Giveways.

I really enjoyed the book and it pulled me in. I don't usually read paranormal thrillers but it got me hooked right away.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Flambé in Armagnac
  • Murder in the Arboretum (Cold Creek #2)
  • The Owlmen: If They See You They Will Come For You
  • Mrs. Kaplan and the Matzoh Ball of Death (A Mrs. Kaplan Mystery #1)
  • Yeager's Law
  • Hunters Moon
  • Double Duplicity (Shandra Higheagle Mystery, #1)
  • Suspendered Sentence (An Amish Mystery, #4)
  • Shadow Of Doubt (The Carol Childs Mysteries, #1)
  • Criminal Confections (A Chocolate Whisperer Mystery, #1)
  • MacDeath (An Ivy Meadows Mystery, #1)
  • Love Least Expected
  • Bible For Kids: A Collection of Bible Stories for Children Complete (Over 60 Illustrated) (With Over 100 Fun-Filled Follow-Up Activities)
  • Pizza on the Grill: 100+ Feisty Fire-Roasted Recipes for Pizza & More
  • Her Sister's Murderer
  • Correlation
  • Twisted (Deathwind Trilogy, #1)
  • Splintered Souls (Flames of Time, #1)
When Michele was 3 years old, she taught herself to read because she wanted to write stories so badly.

As you can imagine, writing has been a driving passion throughout her life. She became a professional copywriter (which is writing promotional materials for businesses), which led to her founding a copywriting and marketing company that serves clients all over the world.

Along with being a copywri