Start by marking “Artifacts, Dragons, and Other Lethal Magic (The Dowser #6)” as Want to Read:
Artifacts, Dragons, and Other Lethal Magic (The Dowser #6)

Artifacts, Dragons, and Other Lethal Magic

(The Dowser #6)

I wasn’t even remotely interested in collecting the third instrument of assassination. It was far better for everyone involved — and for Warner, specifically — if I just let it be. And since I was the only one who could retrieve the artifacts, I figured it was my call to make.
I was wrong.
And though that wasn’t unusual, I was just so … so … wrong … about everything.
I was
Published May 5th 2016 by Old Man in the CrossWalk Productions (first published May 2nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Artifacts, Dragons, and Other Lethal Magic, please sign up.
Meghan Doidge Dowser 7, 8 and 9, aka the third trilogy of the Dowser Series, are in the brainstorming/outlining stage. Dowser 7 is TBR in mid 2017. :) Thanks for…moreDowser 7, 8 and 9, aka the third trilogy of the Dowser Series, are in the brainstorming/outlining stage. Dowser 7 is TBR in mid 2017. :) Thanks for reading!(less)

Mary
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the 6th book in the series and it doesn't disappoint. Jade and the gang are still after Shailaja, although Jade wants to keep everybody safe and so doesn't go looking for awhile which slows the book down a bit but allows the reader to read about some good sex and even better food descriptions. Once Jade realizes she's going to have to take out the rabid koala the action moves fast until the end. I was worried that this was going to be the end of the series but from what I read it seems l ...more
Lou Fillari
May 05, 2016 rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable read. Exciting, violent and fun. And I'm pleased with where the story is going. No more dumb hidden instruments of assassination.
Kylie
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Alright- let's be real here. Jade was really whiny in this book. She was complaining a lot. And she's actually in a solid relationship - which I don't really like for her. At least - I don't like it for her with Warner. (Meghan - can you PLEASE let her fall in love with Kett? He's been in love with her for so long now - since the first book. And we all love him. And he's a good match for her. I just want them to be together!) So now that the negativity is out of the way - I still like Jade. I st ...more
Krystyna
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Betrayals and manipulations lead to "I quit "

Awesome. She has been used to find 2 instruments of assassination but she refuses to find the third. However that is not acceptable to the dragons and once again she finds herself on the path to find the third. Betrayals, manipulations, the killer kid and finally imprisonment are her rewards for helping the dragons find the instruments. Not even the fact that the killer kid was after their blood will sway them. A really good read but really felt that
Jessica
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so glad that there is another trilogy in the works, as I'm not ready to be done with these characters. This is a great series and a really interesting universe.
My only complaint is with regards to the audio narration -(view spoiler). It's a small complaint, but it grates on me a little every time he shows up. So while I'd be interested in seeing him reappear in future books, I also dread it a little.
Andrea
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it
There us waaaaay too much filler in this book

I have really enjoyed this series, but I feel like endless chapters that contained nothing but boring travel info was crammed into this book and sandwiched between the beginning and end of the actual story, simply for the purpose of extending the depth of the book from novella to novel. However, take out all that filler and we have short, but decent story here. I hope there is more to this series.
Renee Rearden
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dragons be deadly...

Jade is pulled into another deadly assignment. The Nine are pushing her toward one outcome. The rabid koala is pushing her toward another. Through tenacity, loyalty, and love Jade just wants to get to the other side with those she loves safe and those who are threats dead. Sometimes, a girl's gotta do what a badass girl's gotta do.
Janey Leaver
Always a winner!

This series of books never fails to keep me reading. All my favourite characters in one book...I'd missed Kandy. I am currently rereading them all with my purchase of the latest Dowser book. Seriously go get the first one...free on Amazon.
If I could live in a book world I think this would be the one!
Sam Sigelakis-Minski
A long-awaited installment to a fun series. Jade is slowly growing as a protagonist (I still find her kind of annoying and overly brand conscious) but she is accepting her general kick assness and powers. Love all of the side characters too. My favorites are still Kandy and Kett, but as far as character growth goes, this book was al Jade and Warner.
Brenda
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jade heroine, baker of cupcakes, maker of trinkets, half-witch, half-dragon, dowser, alchemist and loyal friend! I have really enjoyed this Dowser series, great characters that you care about, wonderfully written, full of twist and turns. Excellent fantasy series looking forward to the next one.
mary-kay richardson
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This Series

is so good I WAS COMPELLED to read them one after another. She has a great proof reader as there were no mistakes that I found. Now I am sitting here wishing there were more of this series!!!
Katie
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finally done with this series. Love the twists and not being able to anticipate what will come next, but there is a lot that I don’t care for. Writing off key characters, repeating villians with new name developed over 3 book arc...crutches
Joy
A guick break from serious reads. Good light entertainment for a lazy afternoon with hot dragon shapeshifters.
Ed Graves
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favorite

So far this one is my favorite in the series. More action, less internal monologue. Can't wait to see where this goes. Thanks.
Ms Joanne Alderson
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unputdownable

These books have me gripped. I can not wait to buy the next one. Hope the series keeps going on
Eileen
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved the ending!
Peggy Thomson
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
The product placement nonsense is getting really old. Name dropping a restaurant and its entire menu??
Not unlike BTVS- the ensemble cast is more enjoyable to read than the dowser.
Sandi Faulconbridge
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, ebook, paranormal
Seriously. Freaking. Awesome!!!
Worth staying up till after midnight to finish. The only downside??? I want more - I can't have finished it yet!!! Great series to binge read :)
Jana Intermill
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Satisfying

It was a satisfying addition to the series. It could stand as an ending if she should decide to let it be.
Amanda
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I Missed Jade

I put off reading the last 2 fully series books purely because, the waiting time between them, though short, leaves me begging for the next. Now, after catching up, I feel impatient. I need more Jade now. Meghan writes amazing stories that I tend to be forever not so forever waiting on.
Lindsey
Mar 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
I was very disappointed by this book. I did not love the first book in this series, but decided to read the second book because I liked the premise of the series and wanted to see if the writing improved. I was pleased that it did. However, I'm back to my initial feelings about the series.

First of all, it was confusing. Much of the story line did not make sense and characters regularly contradicted themselves. The most memorable example is Chi Wen saying that he "saw Drake the same way" and then
Anla Gisclair-Etheridge
Oh my... I have no words. So beautifully written. I teared up a little at the end. Such a lovely read. This book has it all. The highs, the lows, and lots of Jade. Who knew I would actually come to like warner? You need to start at the beginning. Don't start here. Read in order. ❤❤
Thomas Tymstone
I'm very happy that a new book showed up for this series. It's one of my favorites. That being said in the beginning I thought it was kind of ridiculous and silly but then I was hooked. The combination of a cupcake baker and magical dosing warrior is admittedly kind of crazy. But the components that are added make all the difference. I enjoyed 85% of every book. I wish that cupcake shop was near me, I would be a regular.
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
View on Blog

Jade is determined not to go looking for the final instrument of assassination. That is, until everything starts to fall apart. Faced with no choice Jade sets out to find the final instrument and hopefully defeat the rogue dragon once and for all.

This book was just as good as the previous five. And similar to the previous five it is difficult to talk about without giving anything away.

The characters continue to be great and well developed. The plot is intriguing, always wondering wha
Deena
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, paranormal
So years ago, I started this series. I enjoyed it, despite the minor annoyances of the MC. Then the author began a spin-off series. That annoyed me, as it often does. I bought the first spin-off by accident, and was so annoyed with myself that I didn't read it for months - and then surprised myself when I loved it. In the meantime, Jade, the MC of the dowser series, has gotten increasingly annoying. The books have increasingly included filler that irritates me, such as brand-name dropping of bag ...more
Jennifer McLean
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I'd have to say that this series just keeps getting better and better. When I started the sixth Dowser book I was trepidatious because I couldn't imagine where Meghan Doidge would take the series after the third instrument of assassination was found and made impotent against Dragons. Well, I certainly shouldn't have worried. This book went not at all where I thought it would, I knew Jade would have to get the third IOA and she'd have to try to kill the rabid koala but I had NO idea we'd end up w ...more
Brandy
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: creatures
spoilers

Here we go. the final tool of assassination is still hidden, but not for long. Jade has been tasked with finding it, the rabid koala wants it and the dragons want it brought safely back to the nexis for safe keeping. The race is on but really we all know that team Jade is the strongest. Multiple talents and the will to do it all. But first Jade must get her "A" team collected. Drake...Check! Candy....Check! Ket...Check! and finally Warner....Check!!! ShaSha doesn't stand a chance.
So it
Christy
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I got the first book of the Dowser series through BookBub, the description was too intriguing to pass up, but didn't read it until about a month ago. A few chapters from the end of the first book and I had already looked up the author, tracked down the rest of the four written books, and preordered this sixth book. I finished book five right as book six was released and finished the whole series in about a month. This is the first review on the books I've written as I didn't pause long enough be ...more
Heather
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another AMAZING book by Meghan. This book has twists and turns, mixed in with highs and lows. I laughed out loud, I gasped, I was brought near to tears, I was angry... everything a great story should have! Meghan is an *amazing* author. I have read all but one of her books! I would (and have) *highly* recommend the Dowser and Oracle seeies' to anyone who is a fan of "urban fantasy" or someone who's just looking for a good book! Megan writes the best characters, they're believeable, they each hav ...more
Jeri L
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I just finished the 6th book in the Dowser Series (plus the 2 other additional books in the series). The characters were well written and fully believable. A scary thought, right. To be able to vicariously travel the world was a dream come true for me. From the beach to the snow capped mountains, from the great Northwest to Mississippi, they all were real to me. I loved reading about all of the real retail stores and areas mentioned in the books. Yes, I looked up each and every one. The devel
  • Save the Last Vamp for Me (Discord Jones #3)
  • Blightmare (The Marnie Baranuik Files #5)
  • Bite Me (Blood Chord #2)
  • Strange Trouble (Rune Alexander #3)
  • The Alpha's Return
  • Sweet Chaos (Kali Sweet, #2)
  • How to Dance an Undead Waltz (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #4)
  • Corrigan Lust (Corrigan, #5)
  • Tempt (The Kresova Vampire Harems: Aurora #2)
  • Burn with Me (Fireborne, #1)
  • Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen, #4)
Meghan Ciana Doidge is an award-winning writer based out of Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada. She has a penchant for bloody love stories, superheroes, and the supernatural. She also has a thing for chocolate, potatoes, and cashmere yarn.

Novels (in order of release): After The Virus, Spirit Binder, Time Walker, Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Dowser 1), Trinkets, Treasures,

The Dowser (9 books)
  • Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (The Dowser #1)
  • Trinkets, Treasures, and Other Bloody Magic (The Dowser #2)
  • Treasures, Demons, and Other Black Magic (The Dowser #3)
  • Shadows, Maps, and Other Ancient Magic (The Dowser #4)
  • Maps, Artifacts, and other Arcane Magic (The Dowser #5)
  • Champagne, Misfits, and Other Shady Magic (The Dowser, #7)
  • Misfits, Gemstones, and Other Shattered Magic (The Dowser, #8)
  • Gemstones, Elves, and Other Insidious Magic (Dowser Book 9)