Start by marking “One (Love by Numbers, #5)” as Want to Read:
One (Love by Numbers, #5)

One (Love by Numbers #5)

One click.
One perfect frame.
That's all it takes to capture an eternal moment; although most people let them pass by without acknowledgement.
I don't waste any.
Not a single one.
If I see something of beauty, I want to experience it, feel it and immortalise it.
If I see someone of beauty, I want to taste them, worship them and memorise them.
I don't have a type, if I like
Published 2016 by E.S. Carter

To ask other readers questions about One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One

warhawke
Nov 27, 2016 warhawke rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of stories with emotional struggles
Genre: M/M Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone Book 5 of Love by Numbers series
POV: First Person – Dual (Male)
Rating:

Isaac Fox was a world renowned photographer. With his good looks and openly bisexual preference, he had no problem getting any man or woman into his bed. But his busy work schedule and a wounded heart kept him lonely until he was brought face to face with a past he could never forget.

Flynn Phillips was the hottest fitness celebrity to grace TV and magazines. Even with his fame,
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Dec 20, 2016 Jenny - TotallybookedBlog rated it really liked it
description

‘Why did I ever fight this? Why did I ever think I could win against the power this man has over me? He owns me.’

Flynn and Isaac do not have the best memory of each other for many reasons, yet is this truly so? Meeting up again brings back pain and confusion yet through personal realisations and healing comes self-assurance and an open heart and mind. Sometimes the best comes to those who wait, and who opens their soul to true love.

‘His thoughts, his dreams, his wants, and his desires. This man
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Dec 20, 2016 Gitte TotallyBookedBlog rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
description

‘Love hurts. It gives, and it takes away. It’s brutal with its beauty.’

We absolutely love this series, so were excited to read Isaac’s story – which is book five – as it’s the one we’ve been dying for. Whilst this can be read as a standalone we highly recommend reading this series in its entirety, as it’s fabulous. So much romance, passion, drama and angst. So much emotion and love.

‘His thoughts, his dreams, his wants, and his desires. This man is dangerous to me.’

We weren’t sure where Isaac’s s
E.S. Carter
Sep 12, 2016 E.S. Carter rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
ONE IS LIVE EVERYWHERE!!
I'm so excited for you to finally read Isaac's story!
You don't need to have read ANY of the other books in the series to enjoy this story. You can 1-click and enjoy!

#Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2fI2q6Y
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2gBLKv2
#iBooks #Nook #Kobo: https://www.books2read.com/u/3LrGoM

Early reviewers are saying:
"No one can walk away from this book without feeling it in their soul."
"Without a doubt one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read."
"I have read several
Beth Cranford
Dec 13, 2016 Beth Cranford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“We’re like fire and gasoline. He will burn me alive, and I will only fuel the flames.”

For someone who spends a lot of time (passionately) telling people what books they should read and why, I'm surprisingly stubborn when it comes to accepting book recommendations. It's not that I don't trust my friends to know what I'll love, it's that I don't want to disappoint them if I don't feel about it the same way they do.

I read One based on a recommendation.
I read One because I was told I would love i
GeekInPink
Nov 21, 2016 GeekInPink rated it it was amazing
Slayed, ruined 10 millions stars

E.S. Carter has once again made my soul weep. I knew she would wreck me with this story. The emotions, the characters’ flaws, every devastating words slayed me viscerally.

One is the story that will smash every perception you have about love. Love isn’t a person, it’s a soul, its two hearts beating as one. And One reiterates that point until it’s crystal clear in our hearts and minds.

From the first page until the last, I have felt every blow, every fear, every pa
ItaPixie
Nov 26, 2016 ItaPixie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

This one was a good read,packed with a lot of emotions.

We finaly get to know better the mysterious Isaac Fox and his fleeting lover.
Their relationship is not an easy one,after a stormy beginning they have the courage to believe into a brighter future for themselves.

I was also glad to read more about my favorite Fox brother...Jake <3

I really hope everyone will accept and enjoy Iz story as much as I did.

E.S. Carter writing is addicting and I already need her next book in the series.I really wi

Loyda
Nov 25, 2016 Loyda rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Genre: M/M Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone Book 5 of Love by Numbers series
POV: First Person – Dual (Male)

description
"If it's worth the risk, then gamble because happiness can be fucking fleeting and forgiveness can be given and accepted easily without the burden of grudges."

Isaac Fox; living life without any love commitments or attachments was a successful and well known photographer. He knew exactly where he stood when it involved his sexual desires he was open minded and liked both female
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading ™
4.5 stars http://amzn.to/2lOGNC8
Before I even start I need to thank Karen for pushing me to read this book, I had tried a book by this author prior and didn’t love it. Karen said I could try again and man and I glad I did as I loved One; Isaac and Flynn pulled me in from the opening scene and kept me glued to my kindle as I was so engrossed on their story!

The range of emotions this author elicits is masterful; I went from hating Flynn (and you will to for a bit) to having my heart break for him
Lorraine
Nov 30, 2016 Lorraine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-read
5 Cherry-Poppin Stars!!!

This is the fifth book in the Love by Numbers series and it's because of that, I found myself reading an M/M story FOR THE THE FIRST TIME!!! That's right. E.S. Carter has popped my M/M cherry!

When it came to Isaac's story, I was a little apprehensive. Not having read any M/M before (but meaning to), I wasn't sure if it would be my cup of tea. I wanted to take a chance on this book because I am so invested in this series and the Fox family. I couldn't possibly miss any par
Angie McGuire
Nov 20, 2016 Angie McGuire rated it it was amazing
I love love this book!! I flove this series, and I cannot wait to see if there is more coming... So I'll be anxiously awaiting with hands shaking

I've never read a book with a plot like this.. Ever... but it was magical and beautiful and so Isaac that I just couldn't get enough. Time is captured a few times in this book, and made it very easy to allow the plot to flow so effortlessly. Flynn was an anomaly that came full force in the eyes of Isaac, but no one knew the ramifications of falling in
Darlene Avery
Nov 18, 2016 Darlene Avery rated it it was amazing
One by E.S. Carter

One, by E.S. Carter, is one of those rare treasures you find that breaks all the barriers you've ever formed in your mind about the meaning of love, and the depths true unadulterated love can take you.

Carter immerses you into every word, every emotion, every feel, every heartache, and every triumph this story has to offer. And offer it does.

I've never read a book where I was so wrapped up in the emotions, and the flaws, and the strengths of each of these characters, that I've
Nicola
Dec 01, 2016 Nicola rated it it was amazing
I have been Isaac'd. It's the Isaac Effect.

It takes an amazing book to stay with you like One does, and Eli nails it. I've loved everything she has written, but this blows it all out of the water.
This is my first rodeo with m/m and it has set the bar very high for me.
Eli has written this book in her usual style, she drags you in from the off and makes you want to give up sleep. She deals with sensitive subjects in such a way that you feel you are living it, it's so real. And you know people d
Amo's Book Corner (amo) Blogger
It was fabulous to see the Fox family back in business, I have missed this family ever since Jake sailed into our lives they've never been the same, so it was great to hear from the gang,

Bring at One with yourself seems like an easy thing, right ?

Being at One with who you are or what you do in your career, or some of the decisions we make in life should be a natural process A B C.. yes ?

Decisions,
Yes or no
Live or die
Boy or girl
Friend it foe
Family or not,

For some people these are some of th
Janett The Pleasure of Reading Today
One is a work of art, it is poetry in motion, and is without a doubt one of the most beautiful stories I've ever read.

Every situation the author put us through in this story is meaningful, every word will take you into a high you won't be able to come down from, even after you've stopped reading. Deeply crafted characters will have you enthralled with their expressions of vulnerability and strength.

This is a story of forgiveness, of love, but most of all, acceptance. Acceptance of the paths that
Marieke (Marieke's Books & Books and Tequila)
One is the fifth book in the ‘Love by Number series’ by E.S. Carter. Throughout the previous books in the series we’ve met Isaac, one the handsome Fox brothers. It’s no secret Isaac is bisexual; he’s attracted to both men and women, a fact he’s absolutely not ashamed of. One finally tells us his story.
“Heat. Lips. Tongue. Ache. Throb. I am lost because he found me.”

Isaac is a photographer and living the life; traveling, meeting beautiful people and spending time with his beloved family. Isaac
Dora Ruiz Davalos Books and Tequila Blog
I love British authors! I love U.K. English euphemisms and slang words, and this book has plenty of them. I’m one of those strange readers that can hear the dialogue in my head, as I’m reading, and usually the H’s voice is Hugh Grant (‘cause, duh! Hugh Grant!) and the h is someone who sounds just like Keira Knightley. I have quite a few favorite Brit authors and I can say that Ms. Carter has moved to the top of the list. One can be read as a standalone. It really should be read as book five, in ...more
Alexandra
 photo 14793940_10210081795748770_1530044446_n.jpg

Although I adored all the books previously published by ES Carter, I was a bit skeptical about her skills at writing MM romance. And boy, was I wrong! Not only did she give Isaac one of the best books in the series, but her writing has become even better than it had been before *if that's even possible* and she's fast becoming one of my all-time favorite romance authors.

"He's everything I've never wanted. He makes me need to hate him. He makes me hate to need him."

One is book 5 in ES Carter
Diane
Dec 01, 2016 Diane rated it it was amazing
All the stars for this One ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

One by E.S. Carter is book five in the Love by the Numbers series but can be read as a standalone. It is an emotional story and I mean EVERY emotion! It went from steamy heat to hot around the collar anger. It took me from heartache and almost overwhelming heartbreak to "Acceptance is Serenity" to lust and love and everywhere in between!

"With him, I’ve laughed, and I’ve cried. I’ve experienced all-consuming need and mind-blowing pleasure. I’ve shared my scarred
Kali McQuillen
Nov 28, 2016 Kali McQuillen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 2016-read
This author is now a one-click author for me! I don't even have to read the blurb, she writes it and I'll read it. This author draws out all the emotions from me. I laughed, I giggled, I blushed, I cried (Even at the birthday cake with the anchors around the border). You name it and she makes me feel it.

"Acceptance is Serenity. It's happiness, it's understanding, it's faith in yourself and others. It's knowing that you can't change the past, but you can choose your future. Acceptance is love."

Th
Susan Schuttee
Nov 25, 2016 Susan Schuttee rated it it was amazing
Love and loss are probably the strongest of human emotions. Love can take a person to the highest of highs or the ultimate lows. Loss of a loved one can be so devastating that it can affect someone for the rest of their life. One brings both of these powerful emotions into a beautifully written emotional story of Isaac and Flynn. E.S. Carter's Love by Numbers series epitomizes love, One shares with readers an epic love, an all consuming, powerful, first love! One deals with acceptance and findin ...more
Melanie Moreland
Dec 01, 2016 Melanie Moreland rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written. At times heartbreaking in it’s honesty.
A story of love, pain, acceptance and life.
The two main characters, Isaac and Flynn, are strong, stubborn, and both carrying secrets that weigh on them. Each of them struggle with their issues in different ways, coping the best way they can, and fighting the inevitable.
The inevitable being them.
One is an amazing read. Emotional, gripping, and hard to put down.
Highly recommend this book. Highly recommend this author. Love her work.
Janet
Dec 01, 2016 Janet rated it it was amazing
One is book five in the Love by Numbers series. One can be read as a stand alone. Yes, there are some characters from the earlier books in this one but the author does a great job with her writing that you can fully understand what history you need to know.
As with each book in the series, the number in the title plays a major part in the story. The author really has you thinking about how important one really is. Isaac Fox is a photographer so he knows how one click, one perfect frame can captu
Laura Nelson
Nov 27, 2016 Laura Nelson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Aim high, dream high.”

We all have that one character in a series who is special to us and for me, Iz is my ‘One’. So, I feel like I’ve been waiting a lifetime for his story to be revealed.

For some reason, Isaac has always brought out that protective instinct in me. This is man that feels to the very depths of his soul and sees beauty in all things. His love for his family is unparalleled – there is nothing he wouldn’t sacrifice for their happiness, and vice versa. I think we all secretly wis
Ellen
Jan 11, 2017 Ellen rated it it was ok
This was... not very good. The author's style is not for me: lots of heavy-handed symbolism and overly cliche expressions made this laughable in places. It's been a week and I can't really remember the characters, just the annoyances.
Kelly Anne  O'Connor
Feb 18, 2017 Kelly Anne O'Connor rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-books
There's a couple of reasons I decided to read this book, the author is attending a couple of signings that I'm attending and I'm on a bit of a M/M binge so this book combined both !
I thought I was getting the normal gay guy turns straight guy- gay but this story was so much more than that and actually that description does it a huge disservice, this a book about loss, losing the one you love, moving forward, trying to live a life without loved ones in it and finding out what that life now looks
M.R. Field
Dec 27, 2016 M.R. Field rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One is a beautifully written novel about the enormity that grief, acceptance and love can affect an individual. The first encounter between Flynn and Isaac, did not go as planned. In fact, despite the visible tension, Flynn chose to sever any possible future between the two. Flynn’s loss of control (derived from his grief) compelled him to lash out when he is confronted with strange and new feelings. Isaac became the target of the brutal verbal lashings that left a lasting impression. He wanted ...more
Debbie Hanson
Nov 27, 2016 Debbie Hanson rated it really liked it
One
Love By Numbers # 5
ES Carter
4 Stars

I was lucky enough to win this arc in a competition , and as a reader who has never read anything from Eli Carter I was not sure what to expect, but with the hype I certainly loomed forward to it. So jumping in head 1st I was enthralled from the 1st page and wanted to keep reading.

I’ve never read a story like this, so I was intrigued but as the story continued I found all new emotions towards each main character and their underlying issues. Isaac Fox, is a
Jenn
Dec 02, 2016 Jenn rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Isaac and Flynn – oh boy these two really got to me! Theirs is a story about honesty and being true to who you really are, and E.S. Carter has done a great job with this story! It’s passionate, emotional and raw! I really felt for these characters and their journey and it wasn’t always easy, man did my heart hurt at times, but it was definitely worth it!

Isaac is a renowned photographer, open and fun and bisexual. He doesn’t hide behind labels, love is love to him, it doesn’t matter man
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
3.75 stars!!

If I thought I was lost before, then it was nothing compared to the way he makes me feel at this moment with his mouth claiming mine.

One had a great concept and it started out really strong in my opinion. But that wasn't the case after the second half and I have to say, I was a bit let down. I just really feel like I would have liked it more had I connected to the characters because that really sucked and had the story been a bit longer, I'm pretty sure this could have been 5
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

ES Carter lives in Cardiff, South Wales. The home of castles, dragons and folklore.
Her family joke that she was born with a book in her hand, and the urge to write stories soon followed.
At eleven, she won her school's literary prize. At ages fourteen to sixteen - her poetry phase after falling in love with Dylan Thomas and e.e. cummings - she had a few poems published, but life, love and family o
More about E.S. Carter...

Love by Numbers (5 books)
  • Nineteen (Love by Numbers, #1)
  • Twenty One (Love by Numbers, #2)
  • Three (Love by Numbers, #3)
  • Thirteen (Love by Numbers, #4)