Start by marking “The Ravished Rose” as Want to Read:
The Ravished Rose

The Ravished Rose

Attractive, capable, intelligent, Elizabeth Mannings returns to London after two years on the Continent, looking forward to experiencing her first Season and finding a man to love and marry. Instead, she is brutally attacked, forcing her to flee London and abandon her hopes for the future.

Allan Ridgefield, Earl of Ridgecrest, no longer has a need for love, having had his
Published April 4th 2016 by Soul Mate Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Ravished Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ravished Rose

Start your review of The Ravished Rose
HR-ML
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: moc, tstl-female
Amanda Richardson
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Ravished Rose by Suzanne Quill is a very emotional read. Allan lost his first love ten years ago and has never really recovered. He is devastated to learn that he has to marry by his 30th birthday and sire an heir within five years. Allan will enter into a marriage of convenience to save his estate and will father an heir, but he isn't happy about it. He takes off to London to find a bride and is intrigued when a respected doctor approaches him and offers his daughter's hand.
Elizabeth was
Kathy Golden
Jul 08, 2017 rated it liked it
description

I had high hopes for The Ravished Rose. Allan and Elizabeth are a wonderful match. Their relationship builds slowly; they come to care for one another in a realistic fashion, and they are both easy to care about. Sex comes late in the book and at pretty close to the right time. It's fairly explicit, but still handled well and at times, humorous. There is a mystery element to the book which I found interesting and a different twist, given the time period. The medical perspective was also
Petula
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Allan Ridgefield, the Earl of Ridgecrest has to marry within two weeks and beget an heir very soon or he will lose his title and estates . It doesn't matter to him who it is, his heart has been buried with his first love for the last ten years.
Miss Elizabeth Mannings has been pushed into marriage with a man she has never met. Her father arranged everything and she needs to go along with it. She hopes her father has been honest with the Earl, if not she could pay the price.
Our heroine is a very
AG Reads
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: hr
Not terrible, but not particularly good, either. It read like an author's first book, with limited vocabulary and sentence structure and stilted dialogue. There also was nothing new here, but I have read much worse. I did like the H and most of the time, liked the h.

One error in research was when the author referred to the sleeping h as being in the land of Nod. Unfortunately, the poem from which that reference comes was not published for another 50 years or so after the events of this book. The
Patricia
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding

I received this book free from one of the book sites. I do not remember which one! This is my honest review.
This author wrote on a subject that many people might have found disturbing, but she handled it with grace and compassion. One might well wonder how she managed this rare book.
Meet Elizabeth Mannings, a young woman who had much to look forward to in life. In just one night, her life was shattered. The next moment she found herself married to a stranger.
Lord Allan Ridgecrest
Shelley
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully captivating, sometimes spicy, tale of unexpected love.

"The Ravished Rose" is one of the best historical romance books I've read. I loved Suzanne Quill's portrayal of Elizabeth Mannings, a strong and gifted young woman devastated by personal tragedy and Allen Ridgefield, Earl of Ridgecrest, the man though dealing with his own tragedy, comes to love and cherish her as she does him. It's a wonderful storyline with terrific characters and I look forward to reading much more from this
Marie
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable

This book was fun to read, I limed the characters and the story line was very good. Real world situations made it believable. At times it felt a lift!e stiff to me. It I well worth a read if you like a little bit of mystery and crime and a lot of romance.
Marbea Logan
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written and riveting. A suspenseful and romantic drama with mystery and acts of violence and bravery. The storyline was thorough, and being the year timing it set the standard for renaissance romance piece.
Kathy
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He dragged her into a alley and took her vertue

It was a very well written story of how strong and resourceful a women can be. How true love can affect a person and how a person can be very understanding about something that was not her fault.
Evonne Hutton
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A historical romance of merit!
A serial killer is stalking London!
A marriage of convenience turns in real convenience when love meets trauma but is love enough to overcome all?
Well written story line with strong characters.
Kathleen Moss
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down.

When I read a good book, I can't put it down. I start to see the people like in the movie. I see them as real, this book touched me deeply it was amazing. Anyone that likes Regency romance will fall in love with this book.
Stacey Coughlin
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read. I love that the main character is strong willed and seeks justice. The author did a fantastic job writing this wonderful book. Will look forward in reading more of her books.
Laura Thomas
Jul 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Melodramatic

Topic of this story rape of a 21year-old who marries an unknown Earl within two weeks of the assault,quite unbelievable.
Amelia
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
The latest historical romance from Suzanne Quill is filled with conflicted emotions and much honesty. When two strangers must form a relationship founded on necessity, their futures could turn out to be blissfully happy or miserable from that day forward. I enjoyed how the author took her main characters on a journey where they learned not only lots about each other, but also discovered some new facts about themselves. THE RAVISHED ROSE is delightfully entertaining.

Though Allan Ridgefield has no
Debra Guyette
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Elizabeth Mannings returns to London after living on the continent for two years. She is looking forward to her first season and perhaps finding someone to love. She is beautiful and capable, but, unfortunately, no match for a man who brutally attacks her and ruins her chances at finding a loving match.
Allan Ridgefield, Earl of Ridgecrest, knows he will never find love again. He lost his childhood sweetheart when she fell from a horse and died just before they were to be wed. Now ten years
Vicki Dean
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Suzanne Quill has done it again!

If you love romance, intrigue, and historical society, this novel is for you! A well written story of two individuals who overcome devastating obstacles to find a life together. Brava, Suzanne!
Angela
Jul 05, 2018
Stephanie Fermazi
Nov 26, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Devil May Care (Rogues & Gentlemen #4)
  • Redeeming the Earl (PERFECT SERIES COMPANION Book 3)
  • The Reclusive Earl (Marriage by Fate #1)
  • Amelia and the Viscount (Bluestocking Brides, #1)
  • The Earl and His Lady (Branches of Love #4)
  • Bella's Band
  • Scandal's Splendor (Highland Heather Romancing a Scot #4)
  • Once Upon a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #1)
  • A Rogue's Flower (Smithfield Market Regency Romance #1)
  • Letter from a Rake (The Duke of Strathmore, #1)
  • At Last the Rogue Returns (Avenging Lords, #1)
  • To Tame a Savage Heart (Rogues & Gentlemen #7)
  • Lost to the Night (The Brotherhood Series, #1)
  • A Viscount to Remember (Brides of London)
  • When a Rogue Loves a Woman
  • Immortal Coil (Dragon Spirit, #1)
  • A Dangerous Deceit (The Thief-Takers, #3)
  • Red Havoc Rogue (Red Havoc Panthers, #1)
Suzanne Quill, the nom-de-plume for Susan Dudics Dean, has been pursuing a fiction career for over ten years. With prior experience writing articles for interior design trade magazines and local newspapers, she decided to find a more creative outlet for her vivid imagination. Inspired by romances from such icons as Amanda Quick, Diana Gabaldon, and Mary Balogh, she chose historicals as her first ...more