Start by marking “The Potpourrific Great Big Grab Bag of Get Fuzzy” as Want to Read:
The Potpourrific Great Big Grab Bag of Get Fuzzy

The Potpourrific Great Big Grab Bag of Get Fuzzy (Get Fuzzy #7-8)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  253 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
On the Media lauds Darby Conley as "the most successful cartoonist of the new generation." --National Public Radio

As Darby Conley's fourth treasury, this title presents strips from I'm Ready for My Movie Contract and Take Our Cat, Please!

Named Best Comic Strip of the Year in 2002 by the National Cartoonists Society, Darby Conley's Get Fuzzy takes a keen and witty look at t

Published September 23rd 2008 by Andrews McMeel Publishing (first published September 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Potpourrific Great Big Grab Bag of Get Fuzzy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Potpourrific Great Big Grab Bag of Get Fuzzy

Christine
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this is a go to book when a few chuckles are needed.
Brian
Feb 01, 2016 rated it liked it
This "Get Fuzzy" anthology is a fun, light book. It is ideal reading for the bathroom, or just some relaxing ease into sleep reading at the end of a long day.
I rate it 3.5 stars simply because the collection, as well as the strip as a whole, is not consistently funny. In fact, there are a few times in this collection when it is oddly not funny at all. Thankfully those moments are few and far between, and the anthology shines when Bucky the cat is railing against Wilco's perceived liberal (and th
Berry Muhl
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't know if it's physically impossible to rate a Get Fuzzy book at fewer than five stars. Even when the jokes fall flat, the goofy art carries you over the finish line.

Bad cartoons (Drabble, Garfield) have no punch lines to speak of...just retreads of what may once, in the author's mind at least, been an amusing finish.

Good cartoons (Get Fuzzy, One Big Happy, Sally Forth) have comic lines in most, if not all, panels.

Darb may be a pink vegetarian pacifist with negative machismo, but he gets t
Autumn
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Potpourrific Great Big Bag of Get Fuzzy is Conley's fourth Get Fuzzy treasury, and includes strips from 'I'm Ready For My Movie Contract' and 'Take Our Cat, Please!'

This treasury has some hilarious strips, such as Bucky writing screenplays for Hollywood, and Satchel keeping a diary and writing letters.
Cherise
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, comics
Never has Darby Conley steered me wrong :)
Another great graphic novel treasury !
You meet Robert Wilco's brother , Roger Wilco
There is a great section on cat and dog facts
And hilarity ensues while continually wrenches his back and is out of commission !!!
Beth Cato
Apr 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor
This is the newest Get Fuzzy Treasury. It's overall very good, but doesn't have as many favorites as the past treasuries. As always, Bucky Katt is horrible and yet oh so wonderful. If you love Get Fuzzy, this is 247-pages of mirth. I bought one for me and one to give my mom for Christmas.
Jess
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Get Fuzzy is the new generation of Garfield. Attitude and no class he's always beating on the dog. I can't get enough of Bucky Katt and his love of fish and hatred of all things ferret!
Susan
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, cartoons
A cat, a dog, and a human share an apartment. It sounds basic enough, but the talking animals and a lot of imagination make it funny.
Christina
Dec 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2008, own
I swear sometimes I think Darby is looking inside our house!
Katie Weinfurter
Jun 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I didn't laugh out loud as much with this volume, but it does contain one of my favorite Bucky Katt quotes of all time: "Correction, I was up to fabulous."
Alison Mazrin
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So Kawaii!
angrykitty
Sep 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, 2008
god i love bucky katt. satchel is just too lame for me to really love with the same love i have for bucky, and rob just makes me laugh.
Lexxi Kitty

Jul 17, 2016
Jen
Jun 18, 2010
  • The Crass Menagerie: A Pearls Before Swine Treasury
  • Read Responsibly (Unshelved, #5)
  • Wrapped-Up FoxTrot: A Treasury with the Final Daily Strips
  • Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue
  • Penny Arcade, Vol. 8: Magical Kids in Danger
Darby Conley is an American cartoonist best known for the popular comic strip Get Fuzzy.

Conley was born in Concord, Massachusetts in 1970, and grew up in Knoxville, Tennessee.

While in high school in 1986, he won a student cartooning competition. During his Senior Year at Doyle High School (now South-Doyle High School) in Knoxville, Conley was voted 'Most Talented' by his graduating class. He atten
More about Darby Conley...

Get Fuzzy (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Dog Is Not a Toy: House Rule #4