Start by marking “Josiah Trenchard and the Might of Fortitude (Space Navy #1)” as Want to Read:
Josiah Trenchard and the Might of Fortitude (Space Navy #1)

Josiah Trenchard and the Might of Fortitude

(Space Navy #1)

This is an alternate cover edition for B009PK84WW

Four years ago Josiah Trenchard was almost killed during the Insurgent uprising of Belatu-Cadros on Mars; his throat slashed by a mysterious, masked and black clad assassin. His only clue to the assassin's hidden identity was a whispered goodbye in a feminine Japanese accent. But for some reason, she let him live…

Now Comman
Published April 2016 by Amazon Digital Services (first published October 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Josiah Trenchard and the Might of Fortitude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Josiah Trenchard and the Might of Fortitude

R.P. Rochford
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome sci-fi action book! Definitely worth a read!

This epic page turner begins with commander Josiah Trenchard's battle against insurgents on Mars, where he loses his squad and encounters a mysterious black clad assassin. Four years later, now a veteran commander, Trenchard is assigned to a prototype hunter vessel: The Might of Fortitude. From then, everything gets steadily worse, as a deadly plot, filled with treachery and danger, throws him into combat with a crew of savage space pirates.

Thi
William Stuart
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s funny how things work in this world. I became acquainted with author Jonathon Fletcher on Twitter when I saw a post of his referring to a space ship modeled on a submarine. As a former submarine sailor, my interest was immediately piqued and we exchanged tweets. Our conversation led me to provide some submarine knowledge to Jonathon (for authenticity in his books), but did not tell him I was going to read his book and write a review.

I generally am not a huge fan of hard-core sci-fi. I tend
B.R. Crichton
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was easy to give this book a five star rating since Fletcher does not put a foot wrong. The story is short, but holds enough plot to grip the attention without getting bogged down in complex twists. The main character, Josiah Trenchard, is a tough and uncompromising soldier; a lovable rogue, and the author gives him a wit that makes him stand out from other similar characters in the genre.
One of the stars of this book for me was the technology. This is not the polished, beige walls and slickl
Sharon Stevenson
'Josiah Trenchard Part One The Might of Fortitude' is the story of Commander Trenchard, a foul mouthed space navy commander who smokes, drinks, ogles women and chews new cadets out mercilessly.

The plot involves space pirates and that alone made me want to pick up this book. It doesn't disappoint, either. There's plenty of action, there's a good few laugh out loud moments and the main character is absolutely brilliant! The dialogue sparkles and some of Trenchard's lines are just hilarious. There'
Michael Cairns
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun, irreverent and delightfully rude.
I enjoyed this book. I liked that it laid its cards out on the table and played them well, without ever trying to be anything else. I enjoyed the very British language and style of writing also, there are far too many books written that have little to no character to them. This book had plenty.
My only complaints would be that some of the dialogue felt a little stilted, something I hope will improve in the others in the series. My other would be an overuse
GrilledCheeseSamurai
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Short and sweet. I don't read a lot in the novella format, so the novelty of doing so is kind of fresh and inspiring to me.

Josiah, is a grizzled, rough, son of a bitch; I like him. He has that devil may care attitude that attracts people to him. A scoundrel, but a likeable one... in his own way.

I'm excited to read more of his stories - author, Jonathon Fletcher, has introduced a fun little world for us to play around in with him, I look forward to see what he has in store for us.
Janet Arroyo
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New Wolverines Class Ships

I enjoyed this book. There were strong characters and a great story line. I liked Joe Trenchard. He was strong, rough and gruff. He has earned the respect of the soldiers. He has morals. He stopped a pirate takeover of the Might of Fortitude. He also mourned the loss of his friends. I can wait to read the next sequel to this series. It's an easy read but also a Great Read.
Sean Randall
Very pulp, pretty British, full of fowl language! What more could you want?
Sarfush
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Although I LOVE sci-fi tv and film, I was yet to pick up a sci-fi book. I’m usually in to magical realism and horror. So on recommendation from my partner, I had a go.

This is instant immersion into a quickly likeable (and unlikeable) cast. Very visual writing, which manages to keep descriptions short but rich, so your imagination really can go wild.
Then all of a sudden all hell breaks loose and oh no! It’s finished! Thank goodness I started reading when there were several books. Like the best bi
Stanley Marshall
An ok book

Needed to check his physics a little better, in space there are no wave fronts except from particles or photons so the line about his grenade blowing him into a rock and breaking his arm is a no go. Smoking in space come on when all your air is recycled that is also a nonstarter.
Alvin Smith
Aug 02, 2014
Andrea
Jul 30, 2018
Nick Richards
rated it did not like it
Feb 28, 2015
Jan 19, 2014
Goodreads Librari...: Please update my book covers 2 20 Mar 05, 2018 07:20AM
Goodreads Librari...: Book series info 3 18 Apr 05, 2016 01:03PM
Royal Navy submariners. 1 4 Apr 10, 2013 12:51AM

Jonathon Fletcher is the author of the Space Navy military science fiction series. He is also a professional model maker and prop builder with ten years of experience in the animation industry. He designs his own book covers using photographs of the models that he builds.

He was born and brought up near Stockport, England. After studying Art & Design at s

Space Navy (8 books)
  • Josiah Trenchard and the Morgenstern (Space Navy #2)
  • Josiah Trenchard and the Berserkergang (Space Navy #3)
  • Josiah Trenchard Part Four Onamuji
  • Josiah Trenchard - Belatu-Cadros (Space Navy #5)
  • Unity: Warrior of the Space Navy (Space Navy #6)
  • Josiah Trenchard - Arkhangelsk (Space Navy #7)
  • Josiah Trenchard and the Ghosts of Christmas Future (Space Navy #8)