Start by marking “Rival Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #5)” as Want to Read:
Rival Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #5)

Rival Demons

(The Shadow Demons Saga #5)

This is an alternate cover edition for B006ZT0IIE

After narrowly escaping death at the hand of the Order of Shadows, Harper finds herself thrust into the strange and beautiful world of the shadow demons. But crossing through the portal doesn't mean she is safe. The Order of Shadows is determined to bring her home and transfer the Prima line to the Harris family. They send
Published April 2016 by Dead River Books (first published January 19th 2012)

Marsha
Dec 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are three words to describe "Rival Demons": "Non stop action!" This story picks right up where book 4 ends. Harper escapes death by the hands of the witch coven by entering the demon realm thanks to Mary Anne, Lea and Jackson. As she and her friends try to close the portal the twin tigers manage to follow them to the other side. This of course is the start of the first battle. Harper manages to do something no one believes she could do, she kills one of the twins leaving the other in total ...more
Marie
This is my favourite so far!
Harper has gone her whole life not knowing the meaning to have a true family. And wham the ending was brilliant because.. She does. She just didn't know!
And what's best is who her family actually is!
Jackson and Harpers relationship breaks down because Jackson will do anything to protect her, but they survive everything and their relationship/bond just gets stronger as it builds back up!
Harper manages to contain and control her power more, and she's not all that she s
Nicole
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-favs
So this book was jam packed with action. Harper is really starting to learn how much power she has and how to control that power. Jackson is kinda annoying in this book if you ask me. I think Harper did a lot of growing up she is no longer that 17 year old girl who can be pushed around and have things hid from her. She is really growing up. Again we are left with a huge cliffhanger and turn of events at the end….oh boy.
Chris B
Feb 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book played out like a movie within my mind's eye. You can't but help fall in love with the protagonist, a strong and independent lead, who voices doubts within herself that we can all relate to at some point in life. It's only when she embraces her strength, that we see the strength she is capable of, that surprises us all and has us asking "how was that even possible?"

I did enjoy the first few books, but I only began to feel it pick up from the fourth. In the earlier books it felt as if t
Jan 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
how can I put into words all that I love about not only this book but the series as a whole? I would sound something like this "wow, just wow. I mean really wow. amazing" Definitely not one of my finer moments but what can I say this series has grabbed hold of me. I anxiously awaited the release of this book and have loved every minute that I spent with Jackson and Harper.
I have always felt that good writers weave stories that a reader gets wrapped up in. Sarra is one of those writers for me. Sh
Karla
Some of my questions are answered however I got hit with a few curve balls. I have to find out the answers it's getting late but the final book calls.
Kim
Feb 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been a unabashed fan girl of Sarra's since the very first book in the series, Beautiful Demons. Starring Harper, a teenage girl for who life has changed in every way, and Jackson, a boy unlike any other she has known, the Peachville High Demons series is full of twists and turns, intrigue and surprises. Harper and Jackson are, on the surface, complete opposites and this makes them fabulous characters. This new book changes their relationship, filling it full of doubt and mistrust. While I ...more
Megan
Adding a review for this as I've rated it without a review.

I remember reading this as one of the first fantasy YA novels. If I reread this I am not convinced I'd be as in love with it as I was when I read this in 2014. A lot of things have happened since. 2014 Was a very hard year for myself so all the reviews are showing up on the same date. I can't explain why they are, if the ratings are justice or accurate I can also not say when I truly read these. I'm just going to say 2014 on the same day
Magan Vernon
Feb 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sarra,

I didn't think you could top the previous four books, but WOW.

Now we are fighting. Incase you didn't know, we are in a fight until I get to read the next book.

No pressure.
Cassie
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yup...I couldn't put this shit down. By far my favorite of the series so far. Unexpected and lots of action!
Mercy Amare
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't expecting the story to take this turn, but I like it :)
Tara
Jan 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I agree with a previous review, nonstop action and by far the best of the series! Did not at all expect the twist at the end! Awesome job Sarra!
Faye
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic! Just like the others in this series. Action packed, fab storyline & great characters
Ann
Jan 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Will Jackson's drawings happen or can Harper change the future?
Read more at my blog:

Jessica Ibarra
The ending was absolutely stunning and breathtaking. I'm in love with this series.
Jena Gregoire
Ok, I feel a little better now but not really. A little better because my OCD has been satisfied and I have read the series as far as it extends. Not really because now I have to wait for the 6th (and final) book!!! That’s right, folks. We have Literary Limbo….again! However, I am not freaking out because I am patiently waiting for an e-mail back from the author with an estimated release date that I can jot down. Then I will let the countdown commence.

Anywho….

Ohmagoodness I don’t even know wher
Selaya Morton
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's rare that I get the chance or inclination to finish two books in 24 hours but once I started to read this I simply couldn't put it down. The series - now known as "Shadow Demons" - improves with every installment. This one actually started off quite excitingly and picked up the pace as it went along. It finished just as action packed, if not quite as surprisingly, as Harper finally encounters and begins to experience her true destiny. To be straight, I actually guessed the ending about a th ...more
Hannah Dixon
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.....Wwwwwwhhhhaaaatttt! That totally surprised me. I did not see that coming....I really dont know what ever to say bc I dont want to give anything away. My mine is still processing it all in. This series is freaking awesome. If you're not reading it you really should be. If you love fantasy you will really like this series and some more of Sarra Cannon's other books. Sarra's books get me wanting more. Now I can't wait to read book 6...
Myla Aguilar
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full of intriguing twists

This series gets better and better. I could not put this book down. I am so into the characters in this story. You feel what they feel and you root for them during their journey. I highly recommend this series and not giving away the story that you will need to read for yourself. Totally love this!!
Adriane
Demon politics

In this book we get to see more about the Shadow realm that Jackson is from, more of Harper's powers, and more about the human and demon politics and was going on between them. I'm really excited too because we get to see the southern realm which is kinda a spoiler but not really a spoiler because there's so much that happens in this book.
 Bella Marie
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I thought at first that it will be boring but instead it was interesting after all. Not as interesting like the other books but still it worths the time and effort to read it. And the money.I will definitely continue reading this series. By the way the end was unexpected.
Mandy Menasco
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Read, lots of ups and downs, but a prefect ending. Ms. Cannon sure knows how to keep her readers on their toes. I own every book in this series and this is my third time reading them, and I still find new things that I missed during my last reading.
David J
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Now in the shadow world. Multiple challenges and surprises . The series continues in good form. Harper continues to learn about her power and to be a rebel, not always being smart about Harper and Jackson figure out their relationship.
Beautiful

Anywho….

Ohmagoodness I don’t even know wher
Pippa
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The books just get better. More actions and excitement in book 5......book 6 already downloaded and ready to start.
Leida
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazon-downloads
Still really good. Loving growth of character and the fighting of demons, outer & inner.
amanda flanagan
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesomeness

The story line is enthralling and the characters are a pure work of art i can not put it down
Tamara
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shadows

Another amazing read this is and has been an amazing series. I hope that everyone reads and enjoys this dark demon series
Christina
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Harper's journey keeps getting better and better. Just when I least expect it, she finds her way over and over again. It's exciting to watch her grow into a powerful witch.
Buddy Read Zone: Rival Demons 64 20 Jan 04, 2013 06:31AM
  • A Darker Past (The Darker Agency, #2)
  • Storm (Blood Haze, #2)
  • Soul Bound (Moonstone Saga, #2)
  • Mortal Defiance (Dark Betrayal Trilogy, #2)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Expel (Celestra, #6)
  • Compel (Rae Wilder, #2)
  • A Scent Of Blood (The Marked One, #2)
  • Foretold (Daughters Of Saraqael, #3)
  • The Dragon's Mate (Dragon Shifters, #2)
  • Fire (Elemental, #4)
  • Indulge (Warm Delicacy, #2)
  • Torn (Demon Kissed, #3)
  • Audrey's Guide to Black Magic (Audrey's Guides, #2)
  • Shift (The Protector, #2)
  • Forever Changed (Mystic Wolves, #4)

The Shadow Demons Saga (10 books)
  • Beautiful Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #1)
  • Inner Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #2)
  • Bitter Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #3)
  • Shadow Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #4)
  • Demons Forever (The Shadow Demons Saga #6)
  • Emerald Darkness (The Shadow Demons Saga #7)
  • Forgotten Darkness (The Shadow Demons Saga #8)
  • Beyond The Darkness (The Shadow Demons Saga, #9)
  • Deceiving Darkness (The Shadow Demons Saga, #10)
“I Am The Thing That Ends You” 2 likes