Start by marking “Superman/Wonder Woman, Volume 4: Dark Truth” as Want to Read:
Superman/Wonder Woman, Volume 4: Dark Truth

Superman/Wonder Woman, Volume 4: Dark Truth

(Superman/Wonder Woman #4)

Spinning out of National Book Award Finalist Gene Luen Yang's SUPERMAN VOL. 1: BEFORE TRUTH comes the second storyline from the all-star creative team of Peter J. Tomasi (BATMAN & ROBIN) and Doug Mahnke (JUSTICE LEAGUE)!
The truth has come out and now the entire world now knows Superman's secret identity as Clark Kent. After losing his powers--and now this revelation--
Published December 27th 2016 by DC Comics (first published June 16th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Superman/Wonder Woman, Volume 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superman/Wonder Woman, Volume 4

Anne
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Warning: May Contain Spoilers!
However, this review has been certified:

Young love... sigh

description

But, as most of you well know, all good things must come to an end.

description

Hang on. Give me a second. Is it just me, or does anyone else feel a bit flushed? Cuz, I'm definitely a bit flushed. I gotta go turn down the air, get a glass of iced tea, take a cold shower...something!
Whoo!

Alright. *fans self*
And, yes, I realize I'm being ridiculous over a cartoon.
So how did we get from I'll love you forever to I'm just g
Sam Quixote
Jan 26, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Is it possible to sleep through a book with your eyes open? I think that’s what I did with this one! I read it so passively, I feel like I ghosted through the whole thing. The reason why is how utterly crappy the stories are in this one.

So thanks to Lois Lane, everyone now knows Clark Kent is Superman. Which of course means the US government is rounding up Clark’s nearest and dearest to ask them such pressing questions as: how they felt about the reveal, what he was like in school, and whether t
Chad
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why can't Peter Tomasi write all of the comics in the DC universe? Tomasi really excels at writing relationships, and that's where he succeeds here too. Superman and Wonder Woman feel like partners as well as a couple. The story isn't that compelling. It's about dealing with the dumb story where Lois Lane outs Superman and its aftereffects. The repercussions of this sends all the Superman titles into a downward spiral that could only end with replacing Superman so they could reset the books.
James DeSantis
So this wasn't bad. Better than the last two that's for sure. Dark Truth is all about Supes being depowered and still working out his relationship with his girlfriend wonder woman. What happens here is Supes isn't really that Super anymore and WW thinks she needs to help him at every turn, which the way he throws himself in danger, she has the right to be worried.

What I liked: The art was solid once again, and unlike Batman/Superman stays the same. The moments with Diana and Clark is touching a
Robert
Moody, weak, and morally duplicitous Superman is far from entertaining, sneaky Wonder Woman less so, and a 'cameo' by an unnamed, jug eared, dark skinned president was virtue signaling of the worst sort.
Jesse A
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Good story with good art. Well worth your time.
Angie
Aug 08, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
David
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-books
Was a pretty good read. Better than I expected, I think. Tomasi! Why do I always forget how good he is? He's always one of DC's best writers. Hope he's getting paid the big bucks cuz he's worth it.
Brandon
After a slight detour in the previous volume of this series this book brings the focus back were it belongs; the romance between the Man of Steel and the Amazon Queen. There are no Doomsday virus taking them into left field, no behind the scenes power plays by the Batman and no unnecessary diversions brought on by the Justice League. They all feature in this book but they are not the main drive of the narrative, they are secondary stories to the main narrative which centers on the Super-romance ...more
Jerry
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The same as the previous volumes...in both good and bad ways.
Vikas
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was so much better than the "What the hell was that" 3rd volume of this series, this picks up almost from where the volume 2 ends so this way the entire 5 issues of the series or volume 3 of the series was an aberration and almost had nothing to do with the end of the story in volume 2, well this one picks it from there (more or less) also the illustrations are so much better as compared to the last volume is it's astounding to think that this was the same team that worked on that then what ...more
Cale
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
AKA the many women in Superman's life. This is where the 'relationship' between Superman and Wonder Woman ends, with what amounts to a whimper. Wonder Woman 'betrays' Superman (in a totally contrived manner), and they have it out (in a sequence that has an 'alternate' version that goes a long way for a Pink Floyd reference). Oh and there's some story about energy creatures that are in service to an underwhelming villain that basically is there so Supes and Wondy can mistreat another Superman vil ...more
Scott
Aug 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was just . . . okay. (More of a 2.5 star rating.) The angle of Supes losing his secret identity, etc. was apparently covered in earlier book - but not Vol. 3 of this series, because that would make too much sense - so that led to a muddled start. Suicide Squad's early appearance also seemed a little forced, and was possibly related to their movie debuting last summer like this volume. However, it improved somewhat as the story moved along.
Cookie
Yo that was soo good! A great step up from the French Tome 2!

This issue deals primarily with a post-revelation-of-Supes'-identity and a weak Superman.

In the continuing tradition of uber confusing story telling of these collected (French) editions, I hd no idea whatsoever how we reached that point and what in the world was going on. But I loved it to pieces.

This particular issue depicts a very different Superman. One that is not the usual perfect Mr Boy scout. And it was so refreshing. He felt s
SSShafiq
Oct 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics
Katie
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
Scott Lee
DC is trying hard to do something different with Superman, but it only half works. Honestly it feels like all the New 52 titles started to struggle a bit as they moved toward the inevitable return of the status quo that followed Rebirth.

This continues one of a number of titles that deal with how a weakened, depleted Superman reacts to the world around him, to the situations he once handled without thinking, and to the people who up till now almost unquestioningly followed his lead. This one focu
Victor Orozco
Jun 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
I hated this.

I hate Lois Lane, I hate the draining superblast or whatever its called, I hate prissy Clark Kent, I hate his secret exposed and most of all I hate DC Comics for ruining Superman and Wonder Woman's relationship.

Never again am I reading this. F
Nicolas
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
You know what? 5 stars. It's not perfect, but I really like seeing a different side of Superman. (And I don't mean the dark side, so thanks but no thanks Zack Snyder.) This all just really worked for me. The story was engaging and I felt all characters were well used.
Jess
Jul 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This has probably been my least favorite volume of this series so far. Superman was an edgy asshole in this one which really soured the volume for me. I was still entertained which is why I'm giving this 3 stars but definitely my least favorite. Better art in this one than the previous one though
Heather Herron
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I really liked this one. Even though I still have to cope with the overwhelming sense that I'm missing something. Beautifully drawn. My heart got a little broken though...
Will Cooper
Hey, not bad! Explores the titular characters' relationship and a fun Parasite story.
Josh McInnis
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not a ww or superman fan at all and found this story incredibly interesting.
Danielle Booey
This series is going out with a wimper and not the bang it started with. Really rather unfortunate. Lots of inconsistent art, story telling, and even volume creation. Just a lot of odd choices.
Jonathan Roberts
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This book was alright. I like these two characters but this arc with Superman being somewhat powered down is hard to "get". His powers are so in a state of fluctuation that at one point he is invincible and in the next he is bleeding from back and needs medical care?!?!? Huh? Then he can fly and other times not? So clearly not defined (at least in this trade). Also I love Doug Mahnke, his work for Dark Horse is some of my favorite all time. But there were just pages were the main characters look ...more
Stephanie
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic
OK, was I the only one pissed off about what happened to Parasite at the end?

Also, I was completely lost. I feel like Volume 3 had nothing to do with Volume 4 but that could just be my memory; it's not as great as it once was.
Luke
Originally reviewed at http://wp.me/p4Wvzn-1Hn

Some Spoilers follow.

After a brief hiatus to read other novels, I returned to the wonderful world of comics to discover the latest collected edition of Superman/Wonder Woman was out.

For the most part, this book deals with the fallout of Clark's secret identity being exposed to the world and with his unexplained depowering. The loss of Superman's powers lends a new dynamic to the Man of Steel and really serves to ground his character.

Ever since the M
Will Robinson Jr.
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Pretty Good. Peter Tomasi does a great job setting this series up for the coming story arc. "Savage Dawn", which will put Superman against long DC Universe villain Vandal Savage. Vandal Savage is currently the main villain on the CW Dc comics show "Legends of Tomorrow." In this volume of the Superman/Wonder Woman series we find the couple's relationship at a crossroads. Clark aka Superman has gone through the pressure cooker greatly with his close friend Lois Lane outing his secret identity to t ...more
Kaleigh Norkum-Mathieu
I was not a fan of the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship but I gave this a chance because I love Wonder Woman. Honestly, I read this through the solo issues so maybe it is different reading through a whole graphic novel. I would have found the stories more interesting if they just continued on through one medium, instead of jumping from this series to the solo Superman series. It made the whole thing more complicated then it needed to be. I also don't completely agree on how the characters were ...more
Adam Fisher
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A strong upturn for this title! Starts off with a battle against the Suicide Squad, follows with drama about Clark and Diana breaking up, and then moves into an elaborate plot against Smallville seemingly controlled by the government, but actually being orchestrated by Vandal Savage and his son! Which leads right into the upcoming "Savage Dawn"...
I appreciated the change in pace here. More of a "end on a high note" than "fizzle out into obscurity". Together in a relationship or not, Superman and

• Superman/Wonder Woman, Volume 2: War and Peace
  • The Flash, Vol. 8: Zoom
  • Harley Quinn, Vol. 5: The Joker's Last Laugh
  • Coloring DC: Harley Quinn & the Suicide Squad
  • Catwoman, Vol. 5: Race of Thieves
  • Aquaman, Volume 4: Death of a King
  • Superman: Earth One, Volume 3
  • Batman: Arkham Unhinged, Vol. 3
  • Avengers: Mythos (Avengers (Marvel Unnumbered))
  • The Superior Spider-Man, Volume 1
  • Superman: Action Comics, Volume 4: Hybrid
  • Ignorance, Thy Name Is Bucky: A Get Fuzzy Collection
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 6: Warkiller
  • Superman, Volume 4: Psi War
  • Superwoman, Volume 1: Who Killed Superwoman?
  • জলপদ্ম
  • Wonderland, Volume 1 (Grimm Fairy Tales Presents)
  • Suicide Squad #14
Peter J. Tomasi is an American comic book writer, best known for his work for DC Comics.

Superman/Wonder Woman (5 books)
  • Superman/Wonder Woman, Volume 1: Power Couple