Start by marking “A Taste of Death and Honey (The December People, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Taste of Death and Honey (The December People, #3)

A Taste of Death and Honey

(The December People #3)

When Samantha’s parents died, she lost everything. Her home. Her friends. Her hope. Then a life-loving spring witch at the children’s shelter fills her life with light and joy once again.

But like the springtime, Samantha’s happiness doesn’t last forever. Her friend dies violently in front of her, the victim of a mysterious killing spell. Furious and grief-stricken, Samanth
Published June 9th 2016 by Curiosity Quills Press

To ask other readers questions about A Taste of Death and Honey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Taste of Death and Honey

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
The December People has an intriguing premise that hooked me into the first two of series. There are witches in the world, born into different seasons that separate them more than they unite them. The series evolves around one troubled winter witch family. The darkness and non-conventional differences with this series previously made it stand out strong.

I hate to say it, but this one didn't hook me like the others. The forced feel with some of the writing caused the flow to suffer.

The author's b
Amy Bearce
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In A Taste of Death and Honey, we see a family who is flawed but doing their best with what they’ve been given. David and Amanda Vandergraff are winter wizards, as are three of their four children. Their magic is the magic of destruction and death. This family has already undergone tremendous testing, but now they face their deepest fears. These are not shiny perfect people. This family has secrets. Distrust. It has deceit woven into its very foundations. But despite all of that—or because of it ...more
Marjolein
3.5 Stars

Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

A Taste of Death and Honey is the third book following the Vandergraffs in the December people series, which I've been following from the start. I've also seen its transformation of a rather mundane story in the first book, Destruction, to much more action in the last two books. One thing remains the same, it still feels rather slow, even with everything that is happening. For me, this is not a problem at all and I like the cha
Katie Hamstead
Note: I was the acquiring editor for this novel.

A Taste of Death and Honey continues following the story of the Vandergraffs. Samantha returns as well, and starts the story as she witnesses the horrific death of her girlfriend. All of this comes back to haunt Patrick and Evangeline, as it's their fault, although an accident, that the girl died.
We meet spring witches and wizards, as this is a spring based story, and old foes return when the son of Evangeline and Xavier's molester and abuser appea
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Could not get into this one as much as the other two

Somehow this book felt more forced , it does not flow as smoothly , I just never felt like I was in the scene . I would still read other books in the series and continue to read this author this one just wasn't as enjoyable as the others.
booknerd_dork
The series is amazing. This book is the best! I love all the books in the series but this topped them all or it's just I've read them a year ago and have mostly forgotten how I felt about them. I do remember thinking they were awesome, because they are.
This book was a roller coaster. The new charcters added were amzing and I love Zander, he has become my bbf.
The books are different and I've not read anything like them. The writing is amazing. The characters are flawed which make you like and som
Anne Monteith
This is a review for the complete series. I really expected to like this series more than I did, but I didn’t; even though I picked it up several times hoping that I’d discover that it was just timing, but that didn’t happen. It’s not that the writing is not good, it is, the story is engaging and the story-building is good I just didn’t care for it.
In the first book, we are introduced to David who is married to a woman he loves very much with three children who find his perfect life come crashin
Kat
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This series has been great so far. Just like Destruction (#1) and Watch Me Burn (#2), A Taste of Death and Honey captures you through the dark writing that just pulls you into the story.

The characters continue to keep you on the edge of your seat with suspense. There are so many moments that are so crazy that you don’t even believe what you’re reading. This book will take you for a thrill ride that ends with an resolution you are never ready for.

The plot continues with one of the minor character
Paranormal Tendencies
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Vandergraff family is finding their new normal. The children David had with another woman have been taken in and are adjusting to their new family life. Amanda is recovering from her bout of magically induced cancer. And David is adjusting to being a winter wizard. Everything seems to be coming together. That is until a family friend Samantha witnesses a death caused by a killing curse. And then David is left an inheritance. Those two things set a chain of events in motion that could spell d ...more
Marion
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sharon Bayliss has done it again. This third book in her December People series is the continuation of the story of a family of wizards. It's not all Harry Potter, though. Like the previous books, magic takes a back seat to real life struggles, actions and consequences, love and anger, and ultimately sacrifice and redemption. The author creates relatable characters and an engaging story. The ending surprised me, but then again it didn't. I can't wait to see what happens in the fourth (and final) ...more
Ann
Jul 13, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked this book but I think I would have loved it if I had read the first two stories in the series (The December People). I loved how the book started with Samantha and Imogene enjoying a beautiful spring day but that ended quickly. This tale of wizardry and magic was a well written tale that looks like it will continue into several more books. I may have to go back to get the story of the Vandergraff family and their history.
Cheryl
Jan 12, 2017
Gina
Jul 23, 2017
Sharon Bayliss
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Helen M Mendoza
Aug 03, 2017
Steven
Jan 01, 2019
Kamini Ghai
rated it did not like it
May 24, 2016
Mar 25, 2017
Apr 01, 2017
Libby
May 10, 2017
Sharon Bayliss is the author of The December People Series and The Charge. When she’s not writing, she enjoys living happily-ever-after with her husband and two young sons. She can be found eating Tex-Mex on patios, wearing flip-flops, and playing in the mud (which she calls gardening). She only practices magic in emergencies.

The December People (3 books)
  • Destruction (The December People, #1)
  • Watch Me Burn (The December People, #2)