Start by marking “Queen of Ashes (Blood of Gods and Royals, #0.6)” as Want to Read:
Queen of Ashes (Blood of Gods and Royals, #0.6)

Queen of Ashes

(Blood of Gods and Royals #0.6)

Power, betrayal and desire… It's a dangerous gambit in Queen of Ashes, an ebook companion to the Blood of Gods and Royals series by New York Times bestselling author Eleanor Herman!

If you look away from her face, you will die.

This is the warning given to the suitors of Queen Laila of Sharuna, who must compete against one another to win the royal Egyptian's affections. One
Kindle Edition
Published August 1st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Queen of Ashes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen of Ashes

Start your review of Queen of Ashes (Blood of Gods and Royals, #0.6)
Giselle
Good writing, great back-story.. No need for the lust at first sight attraction but I ignored that bit again.. I like the magic and how Eleanor weaves in mythology into the story. Good addition to the series that I can't wait to devour next.
Mija
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
3.25

Better than the last one. I felt that the plot was probably stronger, or maybe I was just more interested in the world/characters. The ending was cool and interesting at least.

Again, though, the writing style is so simplistic - especially the dialogue between the characters of villains and heroes. I just had to (metaphorically) roll my eyes at how everyone says what they mean and everyone takes everyone's word that they're saying what they mean. And allowing verbal arguments between romanti
Rachel Wagner
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Queen of Ashes was an alright book that kept me engaged but it had its flaws. The evolution of Laila is interesting and somewhat relatable. The whole aspect of Brehan and Riel is important in the series and the way it is introduced is good. The characters however have little depth and treat Laila like something to be won. While there are some bad relationships Laila's relationship with her maids Sarina and Sada is what grounds her and reminds her of what she has been through.

The rich imagery us
Vidhi
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
An incredibly fascinating read, not quite as enthralling as it’s predecessor Voice of Gods. We see a new perspective and explore a different civilization and religion in the ancient world, with some of the same constants from the previous novella. The writing definitely is more mature stylistically in this piece, as opposed to the previous, which creates a more vivid reading experience despite its less complex and semi-lackluster plot line.
Taylor
Nov 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this book more than I actually did. The main character is so dense and the love triangle is so YAWN. The end curse was pretty cool though. But I didn't like the characters enough to continue this series unfortunately.
Brianne
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2016
I don't know how I feel about this.
but I did like the last chapter and epilogue. the curse.. that was pretty interesting.
Patrick
Aug 22, 2016 rated it liked it
For some reason, the title sounds so Sarah J. Maas to me because of 'Queen of Shadows'. Then I see book 2 with the title of 'Empire of Dust' which is to Sarah's 'Empire of Storms' haha lol! :)

Anyways, this book is good and I liked it. It's dark and gritty. I guess that's all I can say about it. I don't often read in-between stories because I often times feel that some are unnecessary but this was good.
Shelley Lawrence
I didn't really relish this story because it was quite gory, dark and depressing. It did, however, tell the tale mentioned, but not detailed, in Empire of Dust. So it was interesting to more completely understand the background that was alluded to in the main second novel of this series. It's pretty bizarre thiugh, but in keeping with Egyptian culture and lore.
Brie
Janine Wolfe
May 24, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Upside of Falling
  • The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • The Kingdom of Back
  • Corrag
  • Morrighan (The Remnant Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Not That Kind of Guy
  • When the Future Comes Too Soon (Malayan #2)
  • বরণীয় মানুষ স্মরণীয় বিচার
  • The Great Pursuit (Eurona Duology, #2)
  • The Princess Curse
  • The Chronicles of Riddick
  • Path of a Novice (The Silvan, #1)
  • Corvus (The Macht, #2)
  • Kings of Morning (The Macht, #3)
  • Siren
  • Lady Killers: Deadly Women Throughout History
  • Nightblade (Nightblade #1)
New York Times best-seller Eleanor Herman's new non-fiction book, The Royal Art of Poison: Filthy Palaces, Fatal Cosmetics, Deadly Medicine, and Murder Most Foul, is set to come out in June 2018. Think royal palaces were beautiful places to live? Think again!

Herman offers a rare combination of skills for a historian – her research is intensely scholarly, yet she writes the story in a colorful, wit

Blood of Gods and Royals (4 books)
  • Legacy of Kings (Blood of Gods and Royals, #1)
  • Empire of Dust (Blood of Gods and Royals, #2)
  • Reign of Serpents (Blood of Gods and Royals, #3)
  • Dawn of Legends (Blood of Gods and Royals #4)

News & Interviews