Start by marking “Fresh India: 130 Quick, Easy and Delicious Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day” as Want to Read:
Fresh India: 130 Quick, Easy and Delicious Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day

Fresh India: 130 Quick, Easy and Delicious Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day

'An unbridled joy' Nigel Slater

WINNER OF THE OBSERVER FOOD MONTHLY'S BEST NEW COOKBOOK AWARD 2017
FROM THE FORTNUM & MASON COOKERY WRITER OF THE YEAR 2018

Meera Sodha reveals a whole new side of Indian food that is fresh, delicious and quick to make at home. These vegetable-based recipes offer up a treasure trove of flavours, making the perfect gift for both vegetarians
Published July 7th 2016 by Fig Tree

To ask other readers questions about Fresh India, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fresh India

Larissa
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I bought this cookbook because the upcoming half year I have to cook alone instead of with my boyfriend because he’s doing a full time internship and I’m chilling at home, writing my thesis, so I wanted some good new inspirations. What better way than a vegetarian, Indian cookbook! The recipes all sound so good and at the right level for me, the design is so pretty and the stories in between recipes are really nice.
Matt Hunt
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 6-stars, 2017
This is the best cookbook I've ever used. Recipes are all excellent, easy to follow and adapt to available ingredients. Has introduced me to loads of new ideas.

I *heart* Meera Sodha
Aza
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really good vegeterian recipes! Helps so much for thinking about meat and chicken free foods! Remarkable. I also like the back story to her recipes.
Olivia
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have attempted to recommend this to everyone I know but I'm not sure if anyone has taken me up on it, so here I am. If you like Indian food at all buy this book . Meera Sodha makes everything so simple and even when I'm missing some obscure ingredient the dishes still taste fab. There's a lot of variety and she recommends dishes to pair with others in the book. Though I could do without an aubergine/eggplant section (my least favorite vegetable), this cookbook is my Bible. Also, to other So ...more
Martha
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
can't wait to try some recipes from this collection
Li Sian
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely stunning - creative, thoughtful recipes bursting with flavour and freshness. I've already made a handful of recipes out of this book and plan to make more. Never has leafing through a cookbook filled me with such unbridled joy.
Dr Parvathy
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent.

Written in a fluent, easy to assimilate style. Essentially an Indian cookery book for us in the U.K., as the ingredients used feature in our daily lives. She has taken many traditional Indian recipes and put her own western twist to them. The food photography adds to the appeal of the book. Looking forward to trying many recipes that intrigue me. If they turn out well, I shall present the book to my children.
Philippa
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
Absolutely stunning. The first cookbook to make me feel hungry again after having the worst flu of my life over Christmas (sob!). I made the temple tomato rasam as a gentle reintroduction to solid food and it was exquisite. The smell of the garlic, ginger, chilli, cumin and curry leaves frying together was so restorative I almost wept. Can’t wait to cook more from this wonderful book.
Zdenka Mladina Dadas
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Čista petica iako još nisam ništa skuhala po receptima iz knjige.
Obavezna literatura za vegetarijance i dobrodošla inspiracija za sve koje žele dodati malo boje na svoje tanjure. Većina sastojaka koji su potrebni za pripremu su lako dostupni, a količina začina se lako može prilagoditi da jelo ne bude suviše egzotično.
Akshatha Bhat
Jan 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
I am a mangalorean , made the plantain curry , as I was making it - I felt apprehensive , in all my years I have never come across such a dish ..I continued .. thought the end result will be great but the end result was horrible , I returned the book the next day and saved 35 dollars , bought the forks over knives cookbook and made Channa saag instead - it was finger licking good..
Beka
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Though I didn't love this as much as her previous book, I'll still read any other cookbooks she comes out with. This one just used a lot of ingredients that I would not really be able to easily get my hands on.
Helen Langston
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great cookbook. I bought it based on a friend posting pictures of his results, they looked amazing, I made the chana saag today it was so good. Recipe was easy to follow. I can’t wait to try more.
Ned Frederick
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
best ever vegetarian recipes from Indian cuisine
Cartwheels
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great follow up to Made In India. I love Meera's recipes - easy to follow and make. Everything I've tried has worked well. I now have a great repertoire of dahls I can make.
Corwin
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author manages to reach new heights of vegetarian cooking while still including plenty of week night meals and side dishes. Amazing book, photos, design, everything was on point.
Viriam
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A well done indian cookbook focusing mainly on southern style foods. I found many useful recipes.
Raegen Rasnic
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing cookbook. And I am a harsh judge of cookbooks. I have actually purchased it.
James Shrimpton
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Only tried the Cauliflower Korma so far but it was easy and tasty. Read the rest of the book and I've got a long list to try next...
Paul Hudson
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love cooking from Meera's books. I've probably had a go at 20 recipes from her last 2 books which is a high strike rate. Highly recommended.
Helaina Thompson
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful CSA cook book!
Jab
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Fantastic ... !!!!
Alli
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food
Already added to my Amazon cart, along with a bunch of new spices.
miss V J Swann
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful inspiring recipes.

Found reading book like listening to a good friend sharing secrets. Beautiful mix of colour and taste. Loved this woman.
Forgottendreamr
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook
Great vegetarian cooking with reasonable time input. Perfect for week night meatless meals.
Jennie
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks, cooking, food
I adore Meera Sodha's recipes and her casual, friendly writing style. This book is a great follow on to Made in India, and a must for anyone looking to eat more vegetables.
UB
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A collection of incredibly interesting, exciting recipes that I think might get me out of my desi cooking funk. Loved reading this, now ready to use it.
Cook These Books
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Meera Sodha’s new book, Fresh India, is all about vibrant, vegetable-based Indian food. All the food is far away from the image some may have of Indian vegetable dishes: nothing in the book is remotely brown, beige or taupe.

The recipes cover both vegetarian versions of familiar Indian classics (panner standing in for chicken in a butter masala, for instance) as well as dishes that will feel new and fresh to even more experienced fans of Indian food.

Read our full review here: http://cookthesebook
Rebecca Young
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We have only made a few dishes from this book so far, but pretty much want to make everything in the book. The recipes only require the sort of ingredients you already have in your house which is good. What we have made so far as been easy and absolutely delicious. All the recipes are vegetarian, but not in an attempt to make you into a vegetarian, but to give you a tasty alternative to having meat every day.
I would definitely recommend this to other people.
Kate W
Apr 29, 2019
David
Feb 10, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Simple: Effortless Food, Big Flavours
  • Sirocco
  • A Modern Way to Cook: Over 150 quick, smart and flavour-packed recipes for every day
  • All Under Heaven: Recipes from the 35 Cuisines of China
  • Herbivoracious: A Flavor Revolution with 150 Vibrant and Original Vegetarian Recipes
  • My Two Souths: Blending the Flavors of India into a Southern Kitchen
  • Silk Road Cooking: A Vegetarian Journey
  • Mediterranean Harvest: Vegetarian Recipes from the World's Healthiest Cuisine
  • Zahav: A World of Israeli Cooking
  • Vedge: 100 Plates Large and Small That Redefine Vegetable Cooking
  • Eat Your Vegetables: Bold Recipes for the Single Cook
  • River Cottage Veg Every Day!
  • Bowl: Vegetarian Recipes for Ramen, Pho, Bibimbap, Dumplings, and Other One-Dish Meals
  • The Part-Time Vegetarian: Flexible Recipes to Go (Nearly) Meat-Free
  • Feast: Food of the Islamic World
  • The Happy Pear
  • The Roasting Tin: Simple One Dish Dinners
  • Taste & Technique: Recipes to Elevate Your Home Cooking
MEERA SODHA is a voracious home cook and an occasional chef at the Michelin-rated Indian restaurant Gymkhana in London. When Made in India was published in the UK, it became an instant top-ten bestseller and was named one of the year's best books by many newspapers and periodicals.