Start by marking “Together is Better: A Little Book of Inspiration” as Want to Read:
Together is Better: A Little Book of Inspiration

Together is Better: A Little Book of Inspiration

Simon Sinek's recent video on 'The Millennial Question' went viral with over 150 million views and his TED Talk on the global bestseller Start with Why is the third most watched of all time.

Sinek's latest work, Together is Better, is a little book of inspiration for the modern world.

Most of us live our lives by accident - we live as it happens. Fulfilment comes when we l
Published September 13th 2016 by Portfolio Penguin (first published April 12th 2016)

Start your review of Together is Better: A Little Book of Inspiration
Lucas Carlson
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Maybe you're like me. You've read dozens (or even hundreds) of business books. You think you've heard it all. And you have. You've heard every platitude before. A bunch. So much so that you start to roll your eyes when you see a another tired old platitude. Then you see this book, and you think... oh boy: A whole book of tired business platitudes. And it is. Except... except... this time, this one time, for reasons you can't quite explain (maybe it's the scratch-and-sniff scented page)... for so ...more
Kristin
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was truly a delightful little book. It's the perfect mix of heartwarming illustrations and inspiration quotes sure to make us ponder where it is that fulfillment comes from and how we can obtain it. The lines that I found the most powerful and absolutely true were: "Excitement comes from the achievement. Fulfillment comes from the journey that got you there." I encourage anyone to give this awesome little book a few minutes of your time! ...more
Holly's Little Book Reviews
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was gifted to me by my management team in celebration of my promotion, and it was the perfect little story of inspiration. Filled with excellent advice on what it means to be a leader and how to find your passion and keep it, I highly recommend gifting this to those who need a bit of inspiration when taking on a new venture.
Amy Lee
Jul 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simply written but lots of impactful statements. Inspiring for all leaders
Paula
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
Quick easy read that highlights key points of leadership.
Dunori
Nov 17, 2020 rated it liked it
To me this was mostly a simplified version of his other book - “Leaders Eat Last...” - a bit too simplified for me actually although it’s very possible that I may have a different opinion if I had read this one first. My favourite part of the book was the very very uniqueness of page 3, which alone may make it worthy of recommending to anyone in search of a little inspiration.
Gemma
Mar 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book stinks! No, literally - one of the pages is scratch and sniff and it permeates the entire reading experience, and not in a good way. The tone of the book is bizarrely patronising, "this story is a metaphor", considering it is just a whole whack of well-worn quotes brought together to create a very tenous "story" (which, in case you missed it, is a metaphor.)

I'm sure this book is well intentioned, and if you need something quick and easy to digest with lots of quotable sound bites then
Barb
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful little book on vision, leadership and courage. Anyone who inspires to live fully with a vision and a purpose while encouraging those around them to do the same, will greatly appreciate this book. I plan to buy a few copies and give away as gifts
Nancy
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
A short, wise, and charming little book about leadership in organizations but it easily applies to life in general. The illustrations are playful and touching and one page even invites the reader to lean in and smell. . . A quick, inspirational, and fun approach to work and life.
James Tostevin
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is excellent! It’s highly unique, simplistic approach and stunning illustrations make this story particularly powerful! An inspirational read!
Jelena Jonis
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is like a hot chocolate on a snowy winter day - you consume it and your world instantly becomes lighter. A warm shot of positivity and motivation.
Alexis Simmons
Feb 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
I received this book as a gift from my current boss - we've been discussing my transition to a new job, my worries and fears, my confusion about what I want to do with my life/in my career... and this book was a TREAT. It was exactly the motivation and inspiration I needed. I'll revisit it multiple times. It's the kind of book you'll want to seek out when you're looking for a push.

"Most of us live our lives by accident - we live as it happens. Fulfillment comes when we live our lives on purpose
Mason Frierson
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it
I’ll be honest...I didn’t love this book. This book isn’t a masterpiece nor is it one of the best books on leadership I’ve read in a while. This book is sort of an inspirational book filled with quotes from Sinek with colorful illustrations that you can move your finger across the page and smell, as Sinek likes to call it, the scent of optimism (I wasn’t able to smell any scent from the book probably because the book is over a year old or my nose wasn’t able to smell it). This book is an easy re ...more
Richard Simmonds
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is more than a little book of inspiration, this book is an insight into how we understand people, what motivates and ultimately moves them. Allow Simon Sinek to change your perceptions of what leadership is ... As he says in the book 'some people still think they are leaders simply because they got a promotion.' ...more
Lynn
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simple, inspirational words of wisdom written in a quick picture book. Solid ideas of what it means to be a leader for today, looking to the future. A must for anyone's shelf, who wants to make a difference! ...more
Aude Odeh
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short. Sweet. Easy to digest. But highly nutritional.

For anyone who has a leader. Or wants to be a leader. Or wants to be a better leader.
Chad
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had no clue what this book was when I bought it and even when I started reading it. This is a very easy read. Pages of inspirational leadership quotes, principles, and anecdotes. I loved it. It took me about 25 minutes to read the entire book, but this is one I will refer back to from time to time. Lots of good advice.

This really reminded me of a book I loved in my younger years called Life's Little Book of Instructions..... or something close to that. That book was a book written by a father
Andrea Head
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So I have a new fascination with Simon Sinek after someone shared a video with me in which he discusses the millennials and the impacts of social media. He discussed this little book at the end of that video, and I ordered it immediately. With a page scented like optimism, Sinek uses a fable format to lead the reader through their own careers, their workplaces, and the ‘leaders’ they encounter. This short book carries a big punch, and was just what I needed to start the new year.
Krista Dolan
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
This was provided through our school district to coincide with our yearly theme. It is definitely a cute book with fun graphics to compliment the text! I was hoping the aphorisms would be a bit more unique though.
Karolina Šilingienė
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
As the title says, it’s a little book of inspiration. Read it while drinking my morning coffee:) quotes by Simon Sinek are genious and illustrations of Ethan Aldridge simply heart warming. I will definitely pass this book to someone else to get inspired.
Bilgen Yıldız
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It is just as it says in the sub-title “ a little book of inspiration”... Loved it! Quality over, quantity.. A book to keep near you and read a sentence when in need of an energy boost! Loved the Chinese farmer story: “Good luck or bad luck? Who knows?” and Simon’s takeaway...
Maia Waterson
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Although this book has many illustrations and little text, it is actually surprisingly meaningful. While what it teaches us are values we should already know, they are so simple that we can sometimes just forget them. This book reaffirms the value of teamwork and friendship and that “as individuals, we’re useless. We can’t lift heavy weight and we can’t solve complex problems. But together? Together we are remarkable.” Together is Better not only teaches us to lend a helping hand to others, but ...more
Jeannot
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
simple and short, but quite effective.
JC calderon
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a very simple but not simplistic book. It talks about the soul of leadership, teamwork and enterprises. For me it was a strong reminder of why I founded a professional services company. I will pass this book to several admired and cherished persons. The first one will be a leader in her starting years and an avid reader.
Joshua
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lovely little book about leadership and living life in today's business and creative world. So simple, yet so powerful. ...more
Aina
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Together is better ~ a little book of inspiration ~ has inspired me to become a leader who is selfless and adventurous.
Throughout this book, it has taught me to become the true leader. A true leader who gets inspired and inspires people. This book has a unique way of illustrating the message, many people could think that this is only a quotes book, but it is not. It is a little book of inspiration.
This book with only 140 pages will lead you, inspire you, and encourage you to become a leader wh
Maria
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
4/5

This is unique as you can smell the pages. It is written as if like a children's storybook and It's a book you can give to a ten-year-old or an adult.
Sue
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love inspirational quotes.. and this book has some I can use in a new role I'm taking on in January. ...more
Bernadette Geuy
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This lovely book was a gift and therefore very meaningful. I loved the story and messages. It really is "a little book of inspiration."

It made me think more deeply about the power of teams, not trying to go it alone, and a lovely quote "Leadership is not a rank or position to be attained. Leadership is a service to be given." Also, "Under poor leaders we feel like we work for the company. With good leaders we feel like we work for each other."

A provocative little book that will have you examinin
Carmen
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is a real challenge to convey much is few words, Simon Sinek succeeds in spades with this one.

• Tolkien's Ordinary Virtues: Exploring the Spiritual Themes of the Lord of the Rings
  • The Bhagavad Gita: A Walkthrough for Westerners
  • ‫علاءُ الدِّين‬
  • الحياة البيتية للنبي
  • المد الهائل
  • Mentoring 101: What Every Leader Needs to Know
  • Un escándalo en Bohemia  (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, #1)
  • Whole Brain Teaching for Challenging Kids
  • A Short Account of the Destruction of the Indies
  • Jesus CEO: Using Ancient Wisdom for Visionary Leadership
  • The Four Doors
  • Change the Culture, Change the Game: The Breakthrough Strategy for Energizing Your Organization and Creating Accountability for Results
  • Up From the Sea
Simon Sinek is an optimist. He believes in a bright future and our ability to build it together.

Described as “a visionary thinker with a rare intellect,” Sinek teaches leaders and organizations how to inspire people. With a bold goal to help build a world in which the vast majority of people go home everyday feeling fulfilled by their work, Sinek is leading a movement to inspire people to do the