Start by marking “Together is Better: A Little Book of Inspiration” as Want to Read:
Together is Better: A Little Book of Inspiration

Together is Better: A Little Book of Inspiration

Simon Sinek's recent video on 'The Millennial Question' went viral with over 150 million views and his TED Talk on the global bestseller Start with Why is the third most watched of all time.

Sinek's latest work, Together is Better, is a little book of inspiration for the modern world.

Most of us live our lives by accident - we live as it happens. Fulfilment comes when we l
Published September 13th 2016 by Portfolio Penguin (first published April 12th 2016)

Lucas Carlson
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Maybe you're like me. You've read dozens (or even hundreds) of business books. You think you've heard it all. And you have. You've heard every platitude before. A bunch. So much so that you start to roll your eyes when you see a another tired old platitude. Then you see this book, and you think... oh boy: A whole book of tired business platitudes. And it is. Except... except... this time, this one time, for reasons you can't quite explain (maybe it's the scratch-and-sniff scented page)... for so ...more
Kristin
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was truly a delightful little book. It's the perfect mix of heartwarming illustrations and inspiration quotes sure to make us ponder where it is that fulfillment comes from and how we can obtain it. The lines that I found the most powerful and absolutely true were: "Excitement comes from the achievement. Fulfillment comes from the journey that got you there." I encourage anyone to give this awesome little book a few minutes of your time!
Paula
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
Quick easy read that highlights key points of leadership.
Aubrey
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a more bite sized version of the words of wisdom Sinek has to offer on the topic of leadership, written akin to a children's book and filled with tweetable phrases throughout. While there wasn't a sentence I didn't agree with, find value in, or inspiration from, in it's entirety it made me feel a bit lacking at the end, which is not something I get from Sinek. I think the mission he set out with this book, he did however achieve.

Also, upon opening the first page, I smelt a very musky ty
Jelena Jonis
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is like a hot chocolate on a snowy winter day - you consume it and your world instantly becomes lighter. A warm shot of positivity and motivation.
Holly's Little Book Reviews
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was gifted to me by my management team in celebration of my promotion, and it was the perfect little story of inspiration. Filled with excellent advice on what it means to be a leader and how to find your passion and keep it, I highly recommend gifting this to those who need a bit of inspiration when taking on a new venture.
James Tostevin
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is excellent! It’s highly unique, simplistic approach and stunning illustrations make this story particularly powerful! An inspirational read!
Barb
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful little book on vision, leadership and courage. Anyone who inspires to live fully with a vision and a purpose while encouraging those around them to do the same, will greatly appreciate this book. I plan to buy a few copies and give away as gifts
Mason Frierson
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it
I’ll be honest...I didn’t love this book. This book isn’t a masterpiece nor is it one of the best books on leadership I’ve read in a while. This book is sort of an inspirational book filled with quotes from Sinek with colorful illustrations that you can move your finger across the page and smell, as Sinek likes to call it, the scent of optimism (I wasn’t able to smell any scent from the book probably because the book is over a year old or my nose wasn’t able to smell it). This book is an easy re ...more
Gemma
Mar 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book stinks! No, literally - one of the pages is scratch and sniff and it permeates the entire reading experience, and not in a good way. The tone of the book is bizarrely patronising, "this story is a metaphor", considering it is just a whole whack of well-worn quotes brought together to create a very tenous "story" (which, in case you missed it, is a metaphor.)

I'm sure this book is well intentioned, and if you need something quick and easy to digest with lots of quotable sound bites then
Richard Simmonds
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is more than a little book of inspiration, this book is an insight into how we understand people, what motivates and ultimately moves them. Allow Simon Sinek to change your perceptions of what leadership is ... As he says in the book 'some people still think they are leaders simply because they got a promotion.'
Aude Odeh
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short. Sweet. Easy to digest. But highly nutritional.

For anyone who has a leader. Or wants to be a leader. Or wants to be a better leader.
Andrea Head
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So I have a new fascination with Simon Sinek after someone shared a video with me in which he discusses the millennials and the impacts of social media. He discussed this little book at the end of that video, and I ordered it immediately. With a page scented like optimism, Sinek uses a fable format to lead the reader through their own careers, their workplaces, and the ‘leaders’ they encounter. This short book carries a big punch, and was just what I needed to start the new year.
Karolina Šilingienė
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
As the title says, it’s a little book of inspiration. Read it while drinking my morning coffee:) quotes by Simon Sinek are genious and illustrations of Ethan Aldridge simply heart warming. I will definitely pass this book to someone else to get inspired.
Krista Dolan
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
This was provided through our school district to coincide with our yearly theme. It is definitely a cute book with fun graphics to compliment the text! I was hoping the aphorisms would be a bit more unique though.
JC
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a very simple but not simplistic book. It talks about the soul of leadership, teamwork and enterprises. For me it was a strong reminder of why I founded a professional services company. I will pass this book to several admired and cherished persons. The first one will be a leader in her starting years and an avid reader.
Joshua
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lovely little book about leadership and living life in today's business and creative world. So simple, yet so powerful.
Jeannot se livre
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
simple and short, but quite effective.
Aina
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Together is better ~ a little book of inspiration ~ has inspired me to become a leader who is selfless and adventurous.
Throughout this book, it has taught me to become the true leader. A true leader who gets inspired and inspires people. This book has a unique way of illustrating the message, many people could think that this is only a quotes book, but it is not. It is a little book of inspiration.
This book with only 140 pages will lead you, inspire you, and encourage you to become a leader wh
Bernadette Geuy
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This lovely book was a gift and therefore very meaningful. I loved the story and messages. It really is "a little book of inspiration."

It made me think more deeply about the power of teams, not trying to go it alone, and a lovely quote "Leadership is not a rank or position to be attained. Leadership is a service to be given." Also, "Under poor leaders we feel like we work for the company. With good leaders we feel like we work for each other."

A provocative little book that will have you examinin
Carmen
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is a real challenge to convey much is few words, Simon Sinek succeeds in spades with this one.
Ben Shee
Jun 14, 2018 rated it liked it
A mystery. This book arrived in my mailbox one day, unordered by me, with my name spelt incorrectly on the order. I did not know who ordered it or why they did - but I read it. The book was delightful, full of little gems of inspiration in the form of pithy sayings. I reached the end of the book - which said "if this book inspired you, pass it on to someone else." - perhaps this was the cause of someone sending the book to me. I think I'll never know - but it's wonderful to think that someone be ...more
Venitta Nohra
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
I've heard the author talk about the millennials in one interview and i was fascinated by what he had to say and then he started talking about his new book together is better and at that moment there was no doubt in my mind that i had to buy this book. I Waited for two weeks to get it and when i finally got it it took me 20 minutes to read it. I must admit the scratch and smell option that this book has is really nice but i got to say i was really disappointed i mean i paid 20$ for a book that h ...more
Jocelin
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A really wonderfully inspiring book. It makes you really focus on how you can take a positive approach to your work and life. I liked the illustrations in the book. It gave the book an easy "story book" quality. A really great book, that is really inspiring!
Nadine Sarmiento
Sep 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Short and sweet yet powerful and well-intended.
This book comes with a page that smells of optimism that will set the tone when reading through it.

Here are some passages that tug my soul:

Discontent can easily drive us to walk away. But only with a clear vision, no matter from where or from whom it comes, can we find the inspiration to set ourselves on a journey to go towards something greater.

Success is when reality looks like what's in our imagination.

Life is beautiful not because of the things
Jared Pangier
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been reading many books these days, which are unique--completely different from anything I have read before. Simon Sinek's Together is Better is no exception. This lovely little book of inspiration is like a children's picture book for adults. A book for people in need of purpose and meaning, a book for those who have been living their life unintentionally.

The book is packed with great ideas, quotes, and Simon's own maxims for living--beginning with an important idea about intentionality:
Glenn Elliott
Aug 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: someone just promoted or managing people for the first time.
Simon Sinek's Start With Why was an incredible important book and still one that I refer to often. This one isn't important, but I don't really think that was the intention. It's OK - its basically a small book of illustrations and loosely connected platitudes. Most of them are difficult to argue with, but that doesn't make them particularly inspirational. Still, I've learned that common sense is rarely common practice and a reminder often helps.

There are occasionally things that make you think
Emi
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it

Together is better, Written by Simon Sinek, is a little book of inspiration for everyone. He talks about the importance of helping each other and to work towards a goal of success. He mentions multiple times the importance of leadership and the right way to do it.

Simon Sinek is a inspirational TED talk speaker. He believes in the greater good of humanity and wishes to convey his thoughts
Jason Kelly
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this book. I really enjoyed Sinek's TED Talk and opinion on us Millennials in this day and age, so I thought of picking up this small, yet full of advise book.

This book is short and sweet, in that along with asking "Why" people should follow us and organizations or "Why" we want to lead, he shows us how organizations are doing it all wrong by using the king of the playground story. He explains this more in his book "Start with Why", which I am currently reading, but this book has more of a
Melinda Christensen
Aside from a quote by Aristotle, this book is a compilation of quotes by the author, Simon Sinek, "an optimist who believes in a brighter future for humanity." It is full of awesome pictures and ingenious, edifying quotes. Here are are few of them:
"When we are closed to ideas, what we hear is criticism. When we are open to criticism, what we get is advice."
"A good leader doesn't only inspire us to have

• Die Freiheit, frei zu sein
  • The Responsibility of Intellectuals
  • We Can Work It Out: Resolving Conflicts Peacefully and Powerfully
  • Time Management Success Made Simple
  • Humanity
  • Wer wir waren
  • The Thinking Life: How to Thrive in the Age of Distraction
  • Succeeding When You're Supposed to Fail: The 6 Enduring Principles of High Achievement
  • Still Procrastinating: The No-Regrets Guide to Getting It Done
  • Love in Action: Writings on Nonviolent Social Change
  • What I Learned When I Almost Died: How a Maniac TV Producer Put Down His Blackberry and Started to Live His Life
  • Alive at Work: The Neuroscience of Helping Your People Love What They Do
  • Adam's Return: The Five Promises of Male Initiation
  • The Truth Matters: A Citizen's Guide to Separating Facts from Lies and Stopping Fake News in Its Tracks
  • Speaking of Faith
  • Rowing the Atlantic: Lessons Learned on the Open Ocean
  • City of Angels or, The Overcoat of Dr. Freud
  • How Did You End Up Here?: The Surprising Ways Our Questions Connect Us
Simon Sinek is an optimist. He believes in a bright future and our ability to build it together.

Described as “a visionary thinker with a rare intellect,” Sinek teaches leaders and organizations how to inspire people. With a bold goal to help build a world in which the vast majority of people go home everyday feeling fulfilled by their work, Sinek is leading a movement to inspire people to do the
“Most of us live our lives by accident—we live as it happens. Fullfillment comes when we live our lives on purpose.” 7 likes
“Innovators are the ones whose dreams are clearer than the reality that tells them they're crazy.” 3 likes