Start by marking “Absolute Trust (True Heroes, #3)” as Want to Read:
Absolute Trust (True Heroes, #3)

Absolute Trust

(True Heroes #3)

LOVE IS THE GREATEST RISK OF ALL
Mass Market Paperback, 286 pages
Published December 20th 2016 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Absolute Trust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Absolute Trust

Sabrina
3.5 Stars

Absolute Trust was a great addition to this series. We got to revisit past characters, but not in a way that they took away from the main characters story. Sophie and Forte really grabbed my attention and I loved getting to see them together. They were both well developed characters and I felt like we got to watch them grow as a couple. Their relationship was pretty slow, but it never lost my interest.

My 3.5 rating comes from the ending. I just never got that sense of completion once I
Robin Loves Reading
Brandon Forte has returned to his hometown and is running a training facility for military dogs, the Search and Protect Corporation. He is working alongside two other men previously in the military. Although he never makes it clear to her, the reason Brandon returned is to be close to Sophie Kim. They went to high school together and have remained good friends. Alienated since he joined the service, Brandon would like to become more than friends.

What Brandon doesn't know is that Sophie wants exa
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
Link to full review below! Book 3 in the series and while it is a stand alone, important events from book 1 and 2 are mentioned and play a role, so it is better to read in order. All the books are great though, so its not a hardship to read them all! See full review on The Book Disciple
Kate's Corner
She wasn’t just a childhood friend; she was his reason for breathing.

The third and last installment to the series and with a heavy heart I’m afraid to say my least favourite. This series without a doubt is fantastic and Ms. Drake has done a good job (not that she needs any validation on my part) in creating something so unique with each book. But this one just didn’t work for me.

Brandon & Sophie have been friends for years when they were teenagers they were more but that changed the day Bran
Elaine
Having loved the previous two books in this series I grabbed the chance to read this one and, not surprisingly, found it to be another enthralling page turner. I don't think you'd have to read the first two to appreciate and enjoy this one, though they do follow on from each other. The characters are well developed - and that includes the canine and feline as well as human ones.

Brandon Forte returned to his hometown after leaving the military. He has set up a training facility for military serv
Sunny
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-contemporary
ARC Review 3.5 stars

Originally posted at Scandalicious Book Reviews.

I wanted to love this story so badly. For the first time in my reading career, I’m delving into a contemporary romance featuring a Korean American heroine. For me, feels like a huge milestone. Unfortunately, although the author nails the heroine, the romance itself leaves me wanting more.

Sophie Kim is best friends with Brandon Forte and has been since childhood. For most of that time, she has been in love with him. However, aft
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
I ended up stopping at pg. 124 around 38% in.

This is the first time I've read Ms. Drake and a book in the True Heroes series. Their are previous characters around, ones that are couples now and friends to our leads, and so I'm missing out on the connections. I don't feel the camaraderie or friendships like I might if I read the books in order.

As for Absolute Trust everything feels slow. The plot is slow and the romance is nonexistent. Even with them both having torches for each other since high
Marlene
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

This was a case of the right book at the right time for me. I really needed a straightforward romance suspense, and with its terrific combination of hot romance and nail-biting tension, Absolute Trust completely filled that need.

With a tiny bit of quibble at the very end. We’ll get there.

The story is all about Sophie and Brandon (and Haydn and Tessa) and getting out of the “friend zone” and moving towards the future. If everyone survives, that is.

Brandon an
Angel
Apr 07, 2017 rated it liked it
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Dog lovers, this is the book for you. Suspense, romance and loyal dogs to the rescue! This is the third in the series and can be read as a standalone. It is easy to be drawn into this world of retired military men, trying to make the world a better place, one dog at a time.

From the start of the book, it is explosive, literally. Starting from the explosion, this book moves at a fast pace. The tie in with the Brandon's company and his ability to help a friend out is well done. It sucks a reader in
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews

True Rating is 3.5 stars.

A great friends to lovers romance with plenty of action, suspense, and ooh la la. For fans of the Ryder Creed Series by Alex Kava, if you wish that series had all that plus romance and sexy times then this is a book for you!

This is a third installment in the True Heroes series and what’s lovely is that there are scenes that include previous characters from the other books. That is nice if you are a fan of the series because who does not like to see what happened with the
Hannah
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW

Jumping into the True Heroes series in book three, never read the first two and now I want to. It's fine as a stand-alone but if feel like I missed out on some good sexual tension between Brandon and Sophie.
This was a great story, it started with a bang, really a car exploded. Not only is the sexual tension great but the action and suspense build it's own tension that holds it's own. It was an exciting story that captured my attention and kept it.

Brandon and Sophie have known each oth
Susan
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good second chance/friends to lovers story with some excellent suspense to go along with it. Brandon and Sophie had known each other since they were in school, becoming more than friends when they were in high school. But after graduation, Brandon left for the military without a word to Sophie, not even a goodbye, breaking her heart. When he left the military, he came back to Hope's Crossing to open a training facility for military dogs. And right back to Sophie, who has been his anchor, even if ...more
Darcy
It was hard not to get sucked into this one right away. From previous books you knew that Brandon and Sophia had a past, but we didn't know exactly what. Yes we did learn it, but it seemed to take too long and ended up being a bit anti-climatic. I did like how both of them created a new relationship amid the chaos, loved that Brandon didn't make the same mistake, but this time let Sophia make a choice.

When the team got to the bottom of the trouble that surrounded Sophia it was so mundane, just
Sandy S
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date December 20, 2016

LOVE IS THE GREATEST RISK OF ALL

After multiple tours of duty, Brandon Forte returns to his hometown on a personal mission: to open a facility for military service dogs like Haydn, a German shepherd who's seen his share of combat and loss. It also brings him back to Sophie Kim, a beacon of light in his life . . . and the one woman he can't have. But Forte's success means he's made enemies in high places. Enemies who are now after Sophie . . .

W
Heather andrews
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I have to say I liked the willpower Brandon seemed to possess, “Sophie.” His voice had gone husky. “I promise I’ll cuddle with you after you have a chance to eat, but if you keep doing that I’m going to forget I wanted to make sure you got breakfast.” I loved Brandon, he was sexy, sweet, and caring.
Ann Lorz
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've been really enjoying this series. Before I started this series I wasn't very much into romantic suspense any more but when Extreme Honor was picked for my Book Club Thursday book review post I kinda had no choice but to try her.

I'm so glad that I did. Since the first book I've been hooked! I found that Drake writes wonderful stories that suck you in and keep you there until you finish. I also love her hero's. There is something about them. You just know they will always be there for you.

P
Kathrynn
Enjoyed the beginning of this book and it moved along nicely until just after the middle where I felt the momentum just stopped. It became boring for me and I had a hard time staying interested. For me, it turned to "bleh" when the H/h went to the cabin.

Enjoyed the dog and cat interaction in the book. I felt that the H/h connection was off a bit. There was one intimate scene and it was just tossed into the story. No build up. It was crazy because while the couple was inside the cabin having sex
Renee Entress
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, secrets, pain, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Extreme Honor (True Heroes #1)
Ultimate Courage (True Heroes #2)

This is Sophie and Brandon’s story. Sophie and Brandon have a past where they were together. But when he came back from his tours he was only offering friendship. Now they have settled in that relationship even if it’s not what they both want. Having that is better
Kelly
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sophie and Forte are finally forced to confront the thing everyone around them has seen since book 1. They might try to dance around it and say they're just friends, but...nope. They have some chemistry and a brush with danger puts it all out in the open.

And by "brush" I mean an explosion that endangers Sophie. Which, as you can imagine, puts Forte and the rest of the Hope's Crossing team on edge.

But nothing's easy when your heart is on the line and Sophie and Forte have a past. A PAST. The type
Kristen
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In Piper Drake's Absolute Trust, the third installment in the True Heroes romantic suspense series, hold onto your hats for an action-packed novel. Brandon Forte and Sophie Kim had been friends and former sweethearts in high school, before he left for the military. Now since he's retired and works for Hope's Crossing Kennels, an animal clinic outfitted to train dogs who fought in the war with their handlers. And Haydn, a beloved German Shepherd with a prosthetic leg, had been trained in the kenn ...more
 Reading In Pajamas
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
✦Release Blitz, Review & Giveaway: Absolute Trust (True Heroes) by Piper J. Drake http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-7q7
Publication Date: December 20, 2016
Genre: Romantic Suspense/ Contemporary Romance
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated 4.5 Stars

REVIEW:
What a fun wild ride with Brandon and Sophie. The story was fast paced and exciting, while still leaving plenty of time for them to rekindle their old relationship. I liked them both even though they each did or felt something hairbrained. Brandon he
Nina
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: diversity-asian
I knew I had to read Absolute Trust because 1. I love romantic suspense 2. dogs!! and 3. diverse characters!

The story starts with a bang—quite literally—as Sophie Kim’s world is plunged into chaos when her car explodes in the middle of a parking lot. Someone has their crosshair on her and she soon finds herself on the run with her long-time friend, Brandon Forte.

Forte has loved Sophie since high school but didn’t feel like he deserved her, so he left without a word and joined the military. Yea
Becky Burciaga
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
From the onset of the story, I felt an instant connection to the characters. The author did a remarkable job of creating them with the depth necessary for the connection to be made so quickly. The interaction between the characters was smooth and flawless, as was the flow of the story.

The story built slowly, as was necessary with so much background to cover, but once the action started it was fast paced and intense. Having the animals interact in the story brought moments of levity that were ne
Molly Smith
Initial Thoughts: I've waited for Brandon and Sophie's story since their chemistry was hinted at in the first book. I wan't disappointed in the passion and commitment between them. Their strong friendship and Sophie's giving nature was a great compliment to Brandon's devotion and protectiveness. I loved Hadyn, the GSD (German Sheppard Dog). The theme of second chances was strong in this one and I really liked it. Though I felt there was an odd section that I'm still mulling over. Overall I liked ...more
Lisa Richards
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Though I'd not read the earlier books in this series (and I will go back and indulge in them), I had no problem following this story. Loved Drake's characters, one of the main things that made this such a fun read. The other- the pacing-OMG, I felt like I was driving on black ice and had to keep stopping and flexing my fingers as I was clutching my Kindle so tight, my fingers would not let loose. I just love a story that has me clinging on for dear life. I've just started listening to audiobooks ...more
Scandal (Scandalicious Book Reviews)
Sunny is reviewing this one on the blog. 3.5 stars - excellent portrayal of a Korean American heroine, lackluster romance...go read her full thoughts here on Scandalicious Book Reviews:

Kaetrin
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
reviewed for Dear Author.

Mojca
Brandon Forte broke Sophie Kim’s heart when he enlisted right after high-school and left without saying goodbye. But since he’s come back to civilian life and opened Hope’s Crossing Kennels in their home town, she’s been there for him as a friend, never hoping for something more out of fear of ruining their friendship, never asking the question she needed answered above all: Why he left.

The reason behind him leaving and him coming back was the same for Brandon: Sophie. He’d do anything for her,
Deni
Oct 28, 2016 rated it liked it
While I love the True Heroes Series Absolute Trust fell a little flat for me. Forte, the owner of Hope’s Crossing Kennel, and Sophie were childhood friends… but also more??? That’s where I was initially thrown off with this story and a little confused. At times the story made me feel as a reader that our hero and heroine were simply best friends but as the story went on things were mentioned such as sex between the two that made the relationship more. This for me was probably the biggest dislike ...more
  • Rival Forces (K-9 Rescue #4)
  • Cover of Night (Alpha Crew, #3)
  • On the Chase (Rocky Mountain K9 Unit, #2)
  • Her Fierce Warrior (X-Ops, #4)
  • Call to Honor (Team Poseidon #1)
  • Target Engaged (Delta Force, #1)
  • Holding Fire (Alpha Security #2)
  • The Maverick Cowboy (Morgan Ranch, #2)
  • Going Deep (Alpha Ops, #5)
  • Kid Chaos (SEAL Team Alpha #2)
  • Flare Up (Boston Fire, #6)
  • Wild on My Mind (Where the Wild Hearts Are #1)
  • Edge of Danger (Deadly Ops, #4)
  • Close Pursuit
  • I Need a Hero (Men in Uniform, #0.5)
  • Into the Night (Killer Instinct #3)
Piper J. Drake is a bestselling author of romantic suspense and edgy contemporary romance, a frequent flyer, and day job road warrior. She is often distracted by dogs, cupcakes, and random shenanigans.

True Heroes (5 books)
  • Extreme Honor (True Heroes, #1)
  • Ultimate Courage (True Heroes, #2)
  • Total Bravery (True Heroes, #4)
  • Fierce Justice (True Heroes, #5)