Start by marking “The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 4: I Kissed a Squirrel and I Liked It” as Want to Read:
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 4: I Kissed a Squirrel and I Liked It

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 4: I Kissed a Squirrel and I Liked It

(The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (Collected Editions) #4)

The hero who refuses to be beat celebrates 11 consecutive issues without a new #1! And she's letting you seize the chance to be the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl in a choose-your-own path encounter with Swarm, buzzkill made of bees! Then, Doreen takes charge of her life -her love life, that is - and starts dating. But just who will kiss a Squirrel and like it? Surely not...Mole ...more
Published December 6th 2016 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 4

Start your review of The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 4: I Kissed a Squirrel and I Liked It
Chris Lemmerman
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Quite possibly my favourite volume of this series yet. After a shaky volume 3 (mostly because that Doctor Doom story was too long), this one gets right back on its feet, eats nuts, and kicks butts.

We open with a done-in-one Choose Your Own Adventure issue as Koi Boi and Squirrel Girl battle Swarm. In a year of innovative comic designs, this one stands out near the top. Not only is it great fun, but you can re-read it at least three times and get slightly different endings. Plus, Galactus.

The bul
Paul E. Morph
Mar 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I want to like this book so much more than I actually do. On paper, it sounds tailor made for me: stupid characters getting up to surreal hijinks with an unhealthy dose of punning! In practice, I find that only about a third of the jokes actually make me laugh and I have a huge problem getting past the artwork, which, I'm sorry, isn't my cup of tea at all.

Still, this volume gets bonus points for making one issue a choose-your-own-adventure story. THAT was a stroke of genius.

Also, they gave me a
Chad
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
The writing has gotten a little better and some of the jokes actually land, but it's still hard to get past that awful art. Jacob Chabot does come in on the last issue and show Erica Henderson how to properly draw faces that aren't constantly suffering from gas pains.

I thought the Choose Your Own Adventure issue fell flat. The Mole Man arc was decent. I've also suffered from just showing someone some basic human decency and then they won't leave you alone syndrome as well. The last issue where S
Calista
Quirky, fun and enjoyable as ever. I enjoyed this volume. What other graphic novel/comic is going to have a whole issue devoted to computer programming and it's how she defeats the villain. Only Squirrel Girl is who. They even throw in a Choose your adventure at the beginning.

I had never heard of mole man. That was an interesting sequence. This is light, airy, clever, funny and the best thing ever.

They need to make a movie.

Squirrel!
Jessica
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Squirrel Girl comics are always enjoyable and this was no exception.

I liked how clever this volume was. The choose your own adventure comic was so much fun. Plus, Doreen’s foray into online dating was so relatable. I loved how the last comic gave us a (totally not boring) computer science lesson.

Overall, this was another great volume.
LynnDee (LynnDee's Library)
5 FUCKING STARS!!

Was this my favorite because it gave commentary on what it's like to be a woman on the dating scene?
Short answer: yes.
Long answer: FUCK YES.

Was it my favorite because it said things like "you think just because you're nice to me, I owe you something?" and "you don't get points just because you're not a tool?"

Was it my favorite because the notes at the bottom made LOL???

Was it my favorite because Squirrel Girl is queen?
Yes, Yes, and...FUCK YES.
Sesana
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, superhumans
Fantastic. This collection is bookended by one-off issues, a choose your own adventure style comic and a dream explanation of basic computer science concepts. The meat of the collection is Mole Man's turn as Nice Guy, and it's really great, almost painfully on point.
Diz
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
I laugh more when I'm reading Squirrel Girl than I do with any other comic, and volume 4 delivers the laughs in spades. Squirrel Girl fights Nightmare with computer science (which was quite educational in addition to being funny), and she teaches Mole Man the true meaning of love. There's also a choose-your-own-adventure issue that is a lot of fun. Be sure you read all versions of the story to get the most laughs out of it. North and Henderson deserve an award for their work!
Cale
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Squirrel Girl tackles dating, and things go hilariously wrong in multiple ways. This volume is even more fun than the previous time-travel with Dr. Doom (although reading the choose-your-own-adventure issue on a digital device is a little challenging, and it doesn't quite stand up to North's other choose-your-own-adventure issues/books [but he's set a high bar on them - See To Be or Not to Be]). Mole Man makes for an interesting match, and the final collected issue, against Nightmare, is a high- ...more
Cyndi
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm a fan of Squirrel Girl! Great art! The stories are funny and it's always a treat to see how Squirrel Girl will win and do it nicely. Absolutely adorable!
Stewart Tame
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
There's a quote on the front cover of this volume from Vulture--whatever that is--that sums up the appeal of Squirrel Girl so much better than I ever could: “Delightfully inventive.” Curse you, Vulture, for taking the words right out of my … oh. I see what you did there …

“Delight” is a descriptor that comes readily to mind. It's a pure pleasure to read Squirrel Girl. It brings the fun as few other titles can. Yes, it can be silly or even goofy at times, but that's a large part if its charm. It r
Crowinator
This might be the best one yet. All the stars for the dating storyline alone.
Katie
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very fun as usual! I did get rather tired of Mole Man ngl.
Ashley Marie
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
A lot of people have said it, but I love how relatable Doreen is.

Also, beating her own nightmares was fantastic. And Count Nefaria had me ROLLING.
Shannon Appelcline
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-marvel, comics
Quite simply, Squirrel Girl continues to be one of the funniest comics I've ever read. Multiple laugh-out-loud bits in every issue? That's gold.

Choose-your-own adventure with Doreen? Very innovative and amusing.

Doreen goes on dates? Absolutely hilarious, the height of the whole comic, though the Stalker-Mole-Man plot that follows drags a little. (Despite that, it's totally woke on dating roles and gender expectations.)

Doreen has some dreams? Hilarious, and touching at the end. And binary handsig
Renee
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic
This is the best TPB in the history of TPB's, or comics for that matter, and it's not cos I'M IN IT!!! (That's right, in Letters from Nuts at the end of issue 9, that's me like a year ago, with a SGesque hair cut! Just another Friendly Neighborhood Librarian doing my bit.....OK, so maybe that IS why I love it the best. Sue me.)
But it's also just funny and I definitely appreciate SG's dating angst.
Anyway. READ IT!
(Goldilocks Reads) Jenna Vahue
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Find a girl who can talk her way through a nightmare using logic and quick squirrel reflexes. That includes beating Venom and Doc Octopus! The dream battle was my favorite issue and incurred the extra star in my rating.

Grace
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
So... this wasn't as bad as the last volume. It was creatively done

but

My ship sank.

That kind of made me really upset because the team played a big part in volume 2 and I LOVED that volume. I was hoping they would bring that back in this one, but that didn't happen.

I really like Squirrel girl, I really do. But for some odd reason these last two volumes have been disappointing. I'm hoping that volume 5 improves and I'm also hoping my ship hasn't completely died.
Norman
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-comics
Still my favorite marvel title! What a great team of creators. I was wary of seeing a new artist in the final issue for the dream sequences, but I'm glad Erica Henderson's still on top. Mole man is stupid but written so well. Also the choose-your-adventure was hilarious.
Caitlin
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think this was my favorite volume of Squirrel Girl to date. The whole arc around dating and online dating was eminently relatable and the crafty shut-down of a "nice guy" with powers was fabulous. Kudos to Ryan, Erica, and team.
Leann
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up for full-on computer science nerdery.
Tsana Dolichva
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol 4: I Kissed a Squirrel and I Liked It written by Ryan North and (mostly) illustrated by Erica Henderson is the forth volume in the current/modern run of Squirrel Girl comics. This volume contains a three-issue arc nestled between a couple of stand-alone issues.

As always, Squirrel Girl makes for a fun read. The first issue was a "choose your own adventure" comic, which was amusing but slightly annoying to follow. Funny, but not a gimmick I'm keen to see too often.
Mike
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Ok, so for one: that choose-your-own-squirrelventure was a lot of fun - ridiculous defeats surrounding the One True Doreen Way, plus an acceptable amount of science learning to boot.

(Is this series sponsored by Scholastic? Do they sell this in those school book boxes that used to come every year? Wait, that wasn’t a thing where you lived? Man I feel sorry for you - having a catalogue of bland, corporate-profits-approved paperbacks to choose from - in a captive market where the buyers (kids) don
Adam Graham
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book collects Issues Issues 7-11 of Squirrel Girl (Vol. 2).

Issue 7 is a "Choose Your Own Adventure" style comic where Squirrel Girl battles the Swarm. It's a fun little story that just takes enough space for its concept.

Issues 8-10 is the heart of the book. Doreen/Squirrel Girl decide to date as the one cute guy she was attracted to is dating someone else. However, the most normal she has is with a giant sentinel robot. Her worst date is with a "Superhero truther" who insists that all the
lily
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
first read of 2018 bay BEE! it taught me how to count in binary on my hands AND confirmed one of the main characters as trans, so hell yeah 2018's off to a good start
Kristen
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Feminism AND a lesson in computer science? How do you top that? You can't. You literally can't.
Alex Sarll
It's bookended by a choose-your-own-adventure takedown of Swarm (who, as a Nazi made of radioactive bees, has one of the best villain concepts ever) and an issue which introduces basic computing concepts through the medium of a very strange dream. But, as the title's pun sort of suggests, the main story here sees Doreen face her greatest challenge yet: dating. Put it this way: the Sentinel is probably the best of them. Both superhero truther Brad, and the Mole Man's new turn as a self-proclaimed ...more
Clint
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The first issue in this collected edition is in a "choose your own adventure" format and it worked so well -- I was impressed by how well it was pulled off. I expected the rest of the book to be enjoyable, as all of the preceding issues have been, but my expectations were far exceeded!

It's well-known among my friends how passionately I loathe dream sequences in narratives. However, the last issue in this trade handled the construct well. The dream-world and dream-logic didn't irk me; in fact, it
Olivia
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This might be the best SG yet. Most of it centers on a scenario where Mole Man thinks that SG is in love with him (because she was nice and showed empathy to him) so he furiously pursues her even though she says no over and over and in many different ways. Oh my lord how relevant is this. The best part is the issue with the cover of Mole Man in a fedora saying "m'lady." I don't think I have to explain this further. It's great. Everyone read it.
Miss Susan
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
this volume taught me how to COUNT IN BINARY and also displayed that as entertaining dating may be in fiction it is to be avoided at all costs in real life which is what i have been saying forever!

also it had a choose your own adventure chapter: a+++

4 stars

• Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!, Volume 3: Careless Whiskers
  • Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Vol. 4: Girl-Moon
  • Marvel Rising
  • Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Vol. 3: The Smartest There Is
  • Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!, Volume 2: Don't Stop Me-Ow
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 6: Civil War II
  • Squirrel Meets World (The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, #1)
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 7: Damage Per Second
  • Doctor Strange, Vol. 4: Mr. Misery
  • Gwenpool, the Unbelievable, Vol. 2: Head of M.O.D.O.K
  • Magnificent Ms. Marvel, Vol. 2: Stormranger
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 4: Last Days
Hi, I'm Ryan! I was born in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada in 1980 and since then have written several books. You can read my Wikipedia page for more, or check out my author site at RyanNorth.ca!

I'm the author of the webcomic Dinosaur Comics (that's the comic where the pictures don't change but the words do, it's better than it sounds and I've also done crazy things like turn Shakespeare into a choose-yo

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (Collected Editions) (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 1: Squirrel Power
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 2: Squirrel You Know It's True
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 3: Squirrel, You Really Got Me Now
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 5: Like I'm the Only Squirrel in the World
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats Up the Marvel Universe
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 6: Who Run The World? Squirrels
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 7: I've Been Waiting for a Squirrel Like You
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 8: My Best Friend's Squirrel