Start by marking “Giant-Size Little Marvel: AvX” as Want to Read:
Giant-Size Little Marvel: AvX

Giant-Size Little Marvel: AvX

(Marvel Babies)

Skottie Young brings out the big guns...and the little Marvels...in the series fans have been waiting for! In the Battleworld zone known as Marville, playtime is serious business - and Marville's pint-sized heroes are working overtime to prove to their new neighbors which crew is toughest! With super-powered dodgeball, high-tech hideouts and eye-puns aplenty, Marvel's most ...more
Published January 3rd 2017 by Marvel (first published October 20th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Giant-Size Little Marvel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Giant-Size Little Marvel

Start your review of Giant-Size Little Marvel: AvX
Anne
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anne by: Sam Quixote
Buddy read with the Peanut!

description

It's fun to share the books you love with your kids (or nieces, nephews, close friend's etc..), but sometimes it can be hard to find quality stuff for the younger set. I'm at the point in my illustrious mothering career that allows me to freely hand out stuff to my older ones, yet I still find it difficult to track down good comics for the 8 year old. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of non-superhero graphic novels in her reading level!
But...she's not always
Sam Quixote
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Avengers and the X-Men are kiddie-fied in Giant-Size Little Marvel: AvX, adorably “battling” one another over nothing (like their adult selves more often than not)! Then a pair of twins arrive in the neighbourhood and the Avengers and X-Men have a new thing to fight about: convincing the new kids to join their side over the other!

Like the best Secret Wars tie-ins, Giant-Size Little Marvel: AvX has nothing to do with the main event; it’s really a sequel to Skottie Young’s brilliant
Paul E. Morph
Y'know, no review's required for this one except to say that Skottie Young is the best cartoonist in the game since Bill Watterson hung up his brushes.

This book was absolutely hilarious and totally adorable! Buy it already! Get Skottie Young on an ongoing Little Marvels book, like, NOW!
Trish
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This volume collects four issues of wonderfully cute and funny battles between the baby X-Men and the baby Avengers.
Ever since I saw Skottie Young's baby superheroes for the first time, I've been IN LOVE! I mean, no matter which Marvel character is portrayed, they are all so adorable! *happy squeal*
And the writers managed to include some pretty funny 4th-wall-breaking as well as self-ironic jokes:

What is this about? Well, we are introduced to Marville, a small town where the baby superheroes
Sesana
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: superhumans, comics
Yes, it's lighter than air fluff, but it's still a lot of fun to read. It's pretty much exactly what I'd expected when I saw it, really. All of Skottie Young's baby variant covers? This is the world those characters inhabit. And it's adorable and deeply silly and wonderfully mindless fun.
Chad
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best thing to come out of Secret Wars. Like the best comics from Secret Wars, it has nothing to do with Secret Wars. This book is so much fun. I love Young's little flourishes like giving Captain America a lower case "a" on his forehead and having Hawkeye shoot suction cup arrows. Young's art is gorgeous.
Jim
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I NEED MORE OF THIS!!!

Giant-Size Little Marvel: AvX is one great funny and feelgood garphic novel. Even if you are not an expert and only have some knowledge about the Marvel universe, you can check this out. Of course if you are a fan, you going to love it. There are a lot great inside jokes that will give you a big laugh. Also the art is just adorable.

5 giant size stars
Mike
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fun, batshit
This might actually be my first dose of Skottie Young. I've heard about this dude for hears (years even!), and admired his covers ever since the first one I saw. He is Shallow Comics Readers approved - his stuff looks fun, no one has exposed him as a pedophile, rapist or abuser. Those are pretty much the SCR qualifiers. (Anne, Jeff , Gavin - what am I missing here?)

The jokes, they are fast and loose - sometimes groan-worthy:

Sometimes hilarious:

[Why have I never heard that nickname before? THIS
Peter Derk
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ha! A hoot. And a half, maybe. I mean, it's not like there's any big, great shakes, but Skottie Young's illustrations of kid heroes is awesome, plus he's not afraid to throw in a blind Daredevil gag.

It took me back to the days of What The--?!

Yes, the Marvel Mag Of Mirth And Mayhem. The series that saw Marvel skewer its own characters in Mad Magazine style. Y'know, shit like Thanos using the Infinity Gauntlet as a barbecue mitt. Which you totally could do. Or a lady Wolverine, which...totally
Martin
May 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humour, reviewed
Kids will get the most out of this all-ages book featuring kid & baby versions of many popular Marvel characters, from the Avengers to the X-Men, even including (but why?) the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Inhumans. Yes, it's cute & fun, and there are some good gags, but it's good it stopped when it did. Cyclops' 'Eye Puns' were getting tedious and, yes, made me roll my eyes.

As a side note: I was looking forward to Batman: Li'l Gotham Deluxe Edition (coming out in November 2016), but
Jordan Lahn
Love it. The story is a little simple, but really, it's all just an excuse to build up to that great splash page with all the little heroes punching each other. If you like Skottie Young's style, its gold. If not, this book isn't for you.
Sam
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has to be the most adorable thing I've ever seen! To see all the marvel characters as little kids was the cutest!!

There's not much to the story and it took me about 15 minutes to read, but that doesn't stop it from being awesome. I haven't ever read any Marvel comics before but I got the gist of most of the jokes from watching the movies.

The baby story at the end was even cuter!! You may have to check my pulse because I think I've died from a cuteness overload.
Pinkerton
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Funny but less than I expected.

Skottie Young isn't good at writing how good he's to draw (something he does really, really, well).
I preferred AvX-Babies instead of the main story :D
miri -caffeinatedwords
This is the cutest thing I've ever read (and I secretly want more).
Jenan
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
LOVED THE ART! The story wasn't bad, either. It was nice! ...more
Melissa
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
super cute. wish they made it into long term series.
High Plains Library District
Because who doesn't love seeing a Spider-Man with a super-bulbous head?

Skottie Young is getting famous for drawing super young versions of superheroes, and finally we've got a book written, illustrated, and...probably endorsed by Skottie Young. I don't know if he approves of his own work, but you gotta believe, right?

Rather than telling the Avengers V X-Men story as it was in the regular comics, what with the angst and Phoenix powers and lah-dee-dah, we get a much lighter, more fun version where
Kris
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
All the stars!!! Hilarious and adorable, and i can't believe this has been my favorite Secret Wars tie-in so far. Has absolutely nothing to do with the original AvX event, and very little to do with Secret Wars. But it's so cute! And so funny! Skottie Young's renditions of so many X-men, Avengers, Inhumans, and Guardians of the Galaxy - all as little kids. The follow-up story is more of the same, only with Gurihiru drawing the heroes as babies. Baby Beast is adorable! There's even a Baby Beta ...more
Murphy
This is another Secret Wars tie-in that isn't really an important part of the larger Marvel Universe, but exists simply because it's fun.

Most of the humor is reliant on a basic understanding of each character, and silly without being unbearably so. The story isn't complex and can be read by all ages and the bright and unique art is enjoyable to peruse over.
Nessa Luna [October Tune]
I love this. I love this so much. Whoever came up with this is a genius and oh my god. I am a little sad that it ended just as Quicksilver appeared, who is my favourite of all time. But OH MY GOD THIS IS MY FAVOURITE MARVEL COMIC FOR SURE.
Amanda Balding
Do you like superheroes? Do you like preschool versions of superheroes? Do you like fun!?!

If you said yes to any of the above questions, then you should highly consider reading Giant-Size Marvel: AvX!
Erin
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Skottie Young's art style because it's adorable and this issue was super cute and super fun. Definitely needed when you think about how dire the 616 universe has been lately.
Julie
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
So cute!

Read as individual issues.
Rebecca
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alex and I have been reading this at bedtime. It's very silly and the illustration is first-rate.
Sophia says other kids would enjoy this book because it's funny. Alex says he would not recommend the book to other kids...I think he thinks it's a library book and if he recommends it to other kids he'll have to give it up.
Sean
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone with a sense of humor!
OMG! So much fun! I can honestly say I laughed out loud. This was so adorably fun. In-jokes, puns, one-liners, etc. Skottie Young impressed me so much with this book that is all him. Great artwork, fantastic dialogue, and even a fun plot. Overall, a home run!
Bekka
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my GOD this was adorable! And so funny! Filled with Skottie Young humour and packed with references and hidden characters, it was perfect! Almost as fun as Marvel 1602 and less painful for House Of M! I want more desperately!
Patrick
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do you want a few cute stories with baby version of Marvel characters and no stressful continuity issues?

This is the book for you. I laughed audibly a few times. And the art is pretty much the quality you expect from Skottie Young.
Jakob
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it's great. very great. i cheered for the x-me- oops, i mean kids. the twins make a good story. the avengers and the x-men have a big romp of fun. i'd say read it! plus, an A-babies vs. X-babies bonus story. talk about a deal... :)
aybüke
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel
CUTE!
Rachael
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will admit that I don't know a whole crazy bunch about marvel, but I know enough to get quite a tickle reading this. Plus it just looks cute, can't help myself.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Thors
  • Spider-Verse
  • Planet Hulk: Warzones!
  • Siege: Battleworld
  • Infinity Gauntlet: Warzones!
  • 1872
  • Inhumans: Attilan Rising
  • A-Force: Warzones!
  • Runaways: Battleworld
  • 1602: Witch Hunter Angela
  • A Quick & Easy Guide to Queer & Trans Identities
  • Master of Kung Fu: Battleworld
Skottie Young has been an illustrator and cartoonist for over ten years working for entertainment and publishing companies such Marvel, Warner Bros., Image, Upper Deck, Mattel, and many more.

He is currently illustrating the New York Times Best Selling and Eisner Award Nominated adaptions of L. Frank Baum's OZ novels with writer Eric Shanower. The series has gained acclaim from both fans and

Marvel Babies (4 books)