Start by marking “Fruits Basket Collector's Edition, Vol. 8” as Want to Read:
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition, Vol. 8

Fruits Basket Collector's Edition, Vol. 8

(Fruits Basket Collector's Edition #8)

Yuki's childhood was a long period of solitary darkness. Years later, he met Tohru, but what does he want from her? Yuki reveals to Kakeru what he can tell no one else. Meanwhile, Tohru's class is going to put on a play for the school festival, but miscasting makes it rough going for rehearsal. Will there be chaos on stage when the curtain finally rises?!

Later, Kyo recalls
Published December 20th 2016 by Yen Press

To ask other readers questions about Fruits Basket Collector's Edition, Vol. 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fruits Basket Collector's Edition, Vol. 8

Start your review of Fruits Basket Collector's Edition, Vol. 8
Lauren
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dakota★Magic in Every Book
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Cinderella-ish play is one of the best parts of this series and I cackle hysterically every time I read it, haha
Beth
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
The series' ongoing quasi-love triangle is dispatched with fairly quickly in this volume, during one of this series' (imo) mildly obnoxious comedy sequences. Even though it worked out in favor of the guy I prefer, it was somewhat dissatisfying on a psychological level. (view spoiler) didn't seem to fit in with other scenes featuring the two together.

I also didn't see much need for an extensive run-through of Tohru's
Teetee
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-shojo
Huh. So, I only noticed with this volume how much editing has been done on the series since the original Tokyopop manga was released. This installment contains one of my favorite story arcs originally titled 'Sorta Cinderella'. Instead they changed it to 'Cinderellaish' which i dont like...at all. This version also had more cursing than the original and some of the sideline comments which were humorous have been changed here and are not as funny (things like the audience reactions).

Still a
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sometimes I forget how much is still left to happen at this point in the story. I love everyones side stories so much but I think my favorite part during all this is how Yuki has grown from the beginning of the series. We get to see how everything has effected him and how he really just wants to change. Now I just have to prepare my heart for the rest of the story.
Jamie
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, owned-books
Gah I can't wait until 9 comes!! I NEED to know what happens next!!
Victoria
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow okay that was overly emotional but I kind of loved it one of my favorite volumes so far ...more
Helena R-D
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This volume confirmed the suspicions that I had earlier about the plot changing completely and the author going back to caulk over the seam when the change occurred. I always suspected that Yuki and Tohru were supposed to end up together, but that changed around volume 5-6, when the episode with Kyo happened and making some earlier chapters between Tohru and Yuki creepy in retrospect.

Most of this volume (other than the story of Tohru's mum and another layer of complexity between Kyo and Tohru
Kelsey
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading kyoko and katsuya's life together and heartbroken when kyoko lost katsuya. Such a good series. Favorite quote "We humans are strange creatures. Chance meetings can lead to a variety of outcomes. Some good and some bad."
Christina (Christina's Book Corner)
May 20-23

Later, Kyo recalls meeting Tohru's mother as a child and talking to her about her experiences. Persevering through a rough
Maria Drago
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
- Loved the Kyoko background story. It was super funny and super cute.
But also super heart-breaking and super soul-wrenching.

- Kyo knows so much about Tohru's mom, and it doesn't seem to be such a big deal. So why won't he talk to Tohru about it? It would be abeautiful bonding moment.

- I ship Yuki and Machi. This better happen.

- I was totally waiting for Yuki to finally snap at Akito and put him in his place right after he got hit. Sadly, it seems to be too early still. Someday, Eugenia.
Billie Flaming
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This manga is on a whole new level. I almost can’t believe it.
We open with Kyo and Yuki’s childhood, which is heartbreaking the way everything about the destructive childhoods of the Sohmas. They are so jealous of one another, they really need to sit down and talk about it.
But then we go to the class play? Which was super cute and meaningful and full of heart eye from everyone?
BUT THEN we get KYOKO’S backstory from KYO, because APPARENTLY THEY KNEW EACH OTHER. I WOULD BE MAD BUT I’M TOO
Brittany
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Trigger Warning for Child Abuse, Past Mentions of Abuse, Verbal Abuse and Death of a Parent.

When I first picked up this manga series, I thought it was going to be a fun manga but it has turned into so much more and I love that. This manga is about more than people who turn into the Zodiac animals. It's about love and friendship and finding yourself and I love reading it even as it gets difficult. It shows the backstories of the characters so well and I actually cried in this manga. I felt for
Julia
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
This was probably the weakest volume so far. I've given others 4-5 stars so this is a 3.5.
I liked learning about Yuki more. He has grown on me.
I didn't like reading about the play. It seemed pointless.
I didn't like reading about Toruh's parents. The mom could have only been 15 when she got married and she didn't even graduate high school. I know not everyone cares about this stuff, but for me it left a dark cloud over everything. He didn't even seem that great. I don't understand the mother's
Mary
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We take a deep dive into Yuki's life in this volume, getting to see his childhood and his early encounter with Tohru & the story behind that baseball cap she's held on to all this time. There's an interlude with the Cinderella-ish class play, then we get a equally deep dive into what's been haunting Kyo. He also met Tohru's mom when he was little, and we get insight into Tohru's family through his memories of talking with Kyoko.

As if that weren't enough, we also get a little Tohru meddling
Denise
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tohru meets another new member of the zodiac who is called Ritsu (the monkey) and apparently she discovers that Ritsu is a lot like his crazy mother at the hot springs! Ritsu is a funny character with a very frenetic energy. Out of the all the zodiac members, Tohru & Ritsu seemed to hit it off really quickly. They both also freak out about the same kinds of things which is kind of funny! Ritsu usually takes it to another level.
Maeve
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Finally, the turbulant childhoods of some of zodiac members is revealed. More revelations consist of Yuki's true feelings for Tohru while Tohru and Kyo still struggle to realize what their relationship is. At the Sohma New Year's celebration, Yuki defies Akito and is injured. The bond these two share seems to be unraveling.
Elizabeth Moore
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I have always had a soft spot for this series. I read it before Goodreads was a thing and it is still amazing! I love how emotional this portion of the story gets. It humanizes the characters even more and really drives home feelings that everyone can relate to and this is why this series is so dear to me. Can’t wait to start the next one!
Julie
this is definitely one of my favorite volumes. I've reread this one more than the others mainly for the play they do for the school festival lol. You also get to find out more about Tohru's parents which is nice. I'm almost done with my reread. Only four more collector's editions to collect and read.
Katie Thompson
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was another super volume I adored because of the back stories and everything. It starts with Yuki explaining how he loves Tohru as a mother figure desire trying to see her as a girl his own age. I love the performance of Cinderella in this volume! It is hysterical! And I love the background story for Kyoko and how she met Katsuya. So sweet and another good volume.
Francesca
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a heart-wrenching backstory in this one! I love how each of the characters is given their own healing arc and are as valuable in this story as the main characters. The play also made this book entirely worth it hehe!
Forestofglory
Feeling a bit torn on this volume. The school play was great! On the other hand the story about how Tohru's parents met is gross. Its not cool for teachers to date students especially middle school students.
Jasmine
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think this one may be my favorite so far. I absolutely loved getting the backstory of Tohru's parents and just seeing how the theme of loneliness is so present in all of the characters without them realizing.
Mary
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Soleil
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ugh. Just no. And also, why.
Kathryn Ryder
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
More depressing back stories, with a dash of comedy in between. I can't wait for the end.
Kaiti Laughlin
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this so much, I want to read them all!
Angel
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
finally learned more about Tohru's parents, but eek with how young she was and how old he was at the time.
Kassandra
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading about Tohru’s parents even though it was so sad!
Perla Villa
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-challenge
Yay, you go Yuki!!! Referring to the last pages in the last chapter.

• フルーツバスケットanother 1 (Fruits Basket Another, #1)
  • 暁のヨナ 19 [Akatsuki no Yona 19] (Yona of the Dawn, #19)
  • 暁のヨナ 20 [Akatsuki no Yona 20] (Yona of the Dawn, #20)
  • Takane et Hana T09
  • Love in Focus Vol. 1 (Love in Focus, #1)
  • 暁のヨナ 18 [Akatsuki no Yona 18] (Yona of the Dawn, #18)
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 3
  • 水神の生贄 10 [Suijin no Hanayome 10] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #10)
  • 水神の生贄 9 [Suijin no Hanayome 9] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #9)
  • La Corda d'Oro, Volume 2
  • Takane et Hana T10
  • 高嶺と花 3 (Takane to Hana #3)
  • 高嶺と花 11 (Takane to Hana #11)
  • 暁のヨナ 17 [Akatsuki no Yona 17] (Yona of the Dawn, #17)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 12 (Vampire Knight, #12)
  • 神様はじめました 17 [Kamisama Hajimemashita 17]
  • 暁のヨナ 15 [Akatsuki no Yona 15] (Yona of the Dawn, #15)
  • 暁のヨナ 16 [Akatsuki no Yona 16] (Yona of the Dawn, #16)
Natsuki Takaya (高屋 奈月 Takaya Natsuki, real name Naka Hatake) is the penname of a Japanese manga artist best-known for creating the series Fruits Basket. She was born on July 7, 1973; (Tanabata). Takaya is left-handed and once revealed that she wanted to be a mangaka since first grade, when her sister started drawing.

She was born in Shizuoka, Japan, but was raised in Tokyo, where she made her

Fruits Basket Collector's Edition (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Fruits Basket Collector's Edition, Vol. 1