Start by marking “Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3)” as Want to Read:
Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3)

Succubus Dreams

(Georgina Kincaid #3)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  25,772 ratings  ·  1,121 reviews
Some days, a girl just can't catch a break...

First, Georgina Kincaid, a shape-shifting succubus who gets her energy from seducing men, can't have sex with her gorgeous bestselling author boyfriend Seth Mortensen--in case she inadvertently kills him. Second, Georgina's under demonic orders to mentor the new (and surprisingly inept) succubus on the block. Third, someone's m
Published October 1st 2008 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

·  25,772 ratings  ·  1,121 reviews

Start your review of Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3)
~Poppy~
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"And that was it. All the anger and sorrow vanished. There was nothing in me. Nothing at all. I was empty."
Why Seth? Why? :'(
Kim
Sep 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Tatiana
Apr 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: have your fave headache medicine ready for this one
I must be getting old, 'cause I really have no patience with these immature characters this time around. It is very hard to care about a couple who treat each other in such a deplorable, disrespectful, vile way. Oh, the things they do to each other in the name of so called love!

And don't even get me started on Georgina! She definitely needs to stop her reluctant succubus act and embrace her slutty personality. I mean, she can repeat as much as she wants that she does not like being a succubus, s
Penny
Jan 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loooove this series.

This is one of my favorite UF series, ever. Admittedly, the first book is the weakest of them all, while book 4 is my favorite. The plot, characters and romance get better and better with each installment.
The love story has an incredible arc and it is absolutely beautiful. You'll need to go all the way to book 6 to find out how it ends, and it is utterly worth it.

Georgina Kincaid is a great strong female character with all her faults. Her insecurities and weaknesses make
Ash Wednesday
02.01.14 BUDDY READ WITH ROBIN, BAILEY and TANDIE
"What hope is there?" I asked. "If even angels fall, what hope is there for the rest of us?"

Second time around I'm looking at everyone less kindly. Someone needs to be punched on the 'nads and someone needs to be punched on the face.

With a fish.

My heart refuses to stop breaking over this book. That moment when (view spoiler)… knowing the bigger picture…

JUST FREAKING STAHP BREAKING ALR
Pamela
Oct 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: urban fantasy fans, people disgruntled with LKH's writing
If I loved this series before, this book proves that I am completely and utterly addicted. I wasted a good hour this morning finishing up this book. I say waste because, er... I should have been writing an essay for my film theory class. But frankly? This book is worth it.

Wow. I... just, wow. The novel's plot itself is engaging, the mystery is interesting (if a bit easy to solve, once a few pieces fall together), and Richelle Mead's writing is (as always) funny and engrossing.

But what really got
Emily May
Apr 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal-uf, 2011
I think this third book in the series is my favourite so far and I have high hopes for number 4 (which I just started reading). This book changed my view of Georgina and Seth's relationship and, for the first time since the series started, I really wanted the two to make it work out. It's weird how I thought Seth was plain and boring as a love interest until their relationship was truly threatened (I guess it was because he stood up to her instead of being such a pushover - did you ever hear of ...more
Lindsey Rey
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, romance, 2015
[4.5 Stars]
Kat Kennedy
Apr 18, 2010 rated it liked it
Okay, I'm in two minds about this book.

First of all, I enjoyed it, and that's what you're supposed to get out of a book. It was a good read. Heartbreaking in parts, funny and hilarious in others.

There's a problem with this series though that majorly bothers me. I always figure out the mystery LONG before it's revealed and this book was even worse than the others in this one regard. I had figured out every major reveal by halfway through the book. That isn't good writing.

The actual characters, se
AH
Feb 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
Georgina Kinkaid is experiencing some very vivid dreams. Each dream is followed by a drain of her energy. Georgina must find out why this is happening.

This was a fun book to read. I enjoyed the combination of the immortal world – the angels, nephilim, assorted demons and imps, and deities combined with the mortal world.

There are so many things I liked about this book. The dialogue was very clever, full of great lines. Georgina’s friends and associates crack me up. They seem normal and do norma
Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile)
I don't know how I feel about this book. It definitely was another gripping tail of succubuses, demons, angels etc... But, I'm upset now.

I've also decided I no longer love Seth.

I've now decided I possibly am in love with Carter.

Also...Jerome sucks! Oh, and...my hot Georgina had better get some sweet lovin' in the next book or I may throw a fit. Okay, maybe I won't, but still.

This third book in the series was such a chaos of emotions and I don't know whether to throw the book or caress it. I me
Marga

OH, TO HAVE YOUR HEART DESTROYED TO SMITHEREENS.

Seriously, how does Mead do this? I read to be entertained not to have my heart ripped apart. :(

(view spoiler)
7/1 - As I've been reading this, the third instalment in Richelle Mead's Georgina Kincaid series, I've been thinking about what I thought it meant to lose (or sell) your soul. I assumed that it would mean you would lose all your humanity, any sense of a conscience, anything that you would look for in a human friend. Georgina doesn't seem to have lost any of these human traits and hasn't gained any of the evil 'demon' traits that I would have expected of a soulless being (especially one who has b ...more
Bailey
description
I have so much rage right now. So much that I just can't be trusted to review. You'll have to deal with my anger. Sorry.

(view spoiler)
Cherise
Oct 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Georgina, Succubus extraordinaire, juggles a new protégée, some new angels and a few more immortals all while working hard to maintain her ever complicated romantic life. Bits of her past come back to haunt her and just when everything seems to be perfect more complications arise.

Georgina is a complex character. What she is, a succubus, is often a direct contrast to what she wants and how she feels, making her a demon with a heart and a conscience. It creates some interesting problems and makes
~Tina~
Jul 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I feel like crying:(:(

While I wasn't prepared for this heart fail, this book was still my favorite so far.
I liked the dreams in this book, it gives me hope right along with G's contract.
I can't even blame Seth for what he did, but it doesn't hurt any less.
Gawd I love these books!
Leah
Jan 30, 2010 rated it it was ok
FlibBityFLooB
An estrogen fest. That's what I felt like about this chapter of Georgina Kincaid's story.

I could see a million miles in advance what would happen with Maddie. That was not a surprise to me, but it didn't stop my crying. I didn't use to cry when I was younger, but as my hormones approach middle-age I tend to get weepy at more in life. And, this story really got to me. I guess you have faith in love, and this was quite a sad turning point in the story.

I have faith that things will be uplifting aga
Regina
If you haven't read book #3 or if you plan to read book #3, warning the below review contains minor spoilers.

Broke my heart -- that is what this book did. Mead captures perfectly how sad and gut wrenching a break up can be. Rarely does an audio book inspire me to cry, but that is what I was doing as I listened to this book and driving on the highway.

I don't hate Seth, not yet. I don't hate Georgina. I think the two of them were caught up in an impossible situation. I actually do not blame eith
Sharon
May 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I'm so pissed at this book, and totally loved it. It ruins the typical HEA of most stories and I can't believe the ending! It's a good book and made me cry, which means I'm totally in the moment. But damn I so wanted it to end differently. I won't make any spoiler comments, because I didn't know what was going to happen. I am also forming my favorite characters and my lesser faves, which makes it a fun read.

Definitely DEFINITELY read this series from the beginning...it's the slow build of
Anna
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A new succubus is in town and Georgina is responsible to train her. Her relationship with Seth is not at its best... in general there is a lot of tension in her life... and her dreams... oh.... what are those dreams and what do they mean?
Robin (Bridge Four)
Bumped up to 4.5 stars
Re-read/BR with Ash Wednesday, Bailey and Tandie

♪♫♪♪♪ Feelings…whoa.. whoa…whoa feelings ♪♫♪♪♫ (It should probably be Sweet home Alabama but the lyrics just don’t convey the same, well, feelings)

I’m pretty sure I was even more emotionally invested this time around. Everything meant more to me and even though I knew everything that was going to happen I was still so affected by it all. This book in the series could totally push me to drinking or chocolate or both, wait mayb
Christy LoveOfBooks

Oh, man. I think Richelle Mead is trying to break me.

Succubus Dreams is yet another fantastic installment in the Georgina Kincaid series, but it definitely got a bit more emotional than the previous books. My heart kind of hurts.

Despite the pain, there is still plenty of humor and wit to go around, especially with the inclusion of some new characters. And of course, the original characters are just as crazy good.

I really love how there’s a well done plot for each book, while still pushing the ov
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
Jun 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of adult urban-fantasy
Oh,Richelle you did not just go there! I can't believe this! But I did see it coming. You need a good twist to keep the readers on the edge of their seats. I liked Succubus Dreams,more than the first two. Well,I'm off to see what will happen next with Georgie and the gang.

P.S. I don't blame 'perfect' Seth for what he did. Finally he shows he has balls and he is not spineless. Hope they never get back together. Just kidding,they have to get back together.
Nicole
Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Wow, I just can't believe it. I don't so spoilers in my review but oh do I want too. The last one Georgina made me so upset with her screw-up this one made me cry. If you aren't reading this series pick it up immediately. It never fails to surprise me and go through a million emotions. I had this one from the library and immediately bought the next one on my nook even though I had 4 books scheduled to read before the next one in this series.

One of my all time favorite series.
P.A. Lupton
Apr 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Noooooooooooo!!!!! I am so upset right now and I can't say why because it will give away too many spoilers. Although I'm mad, I still have to give the book 5 stars because it was even better than the last two. Not to mention I am sitting here with puffy eyes from crying. I figure if a book evokes this level of emotion from me it deserves nothing less than 5 stars. We'll wait until the series is over though to see if I'm happy that I read it, right now I'm not so sure.
Robyn
Sep 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
I think I'm just going to alternate between 3 & 4 stars if these books keep chugging along in the same vein. In some ways, I find Georgina maddening, and the plot lines a tad too obvious. But on the other hand, they are serious page turners, I am intrigued, and I enjoy watching the leads mess up over and over again. Plus, where is it all going? WHERE IS IT ALL GOING!?! 3.5 stars again. ...more
Deborah Obida
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, paranormal, romance
This is way better than the second book, its not as good as the first one but okay. I love the character development a lot,I love the characters more. The writing is so easy to breeze through,written from the POV of the main character.

The plot is amazing, Angels, Demons,Nephilims, and other supernatural creature made their usual appearance. Richelle Mead is still my favourite Paranormal author.
F.R.
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Even though I’ll easily go a year without reading books in this series, I really enjoy Richelle Mead’s Succubus novels. Heading back to Seattle to hang out with Georgina Kincaid, succubus supreme, is something I look forward to and which – if I’m honest – I feel like I’ve delayed far too long.

In some ways, the third of this series, SUCCUBUS DREAMS is more of the same. But there’s nothing wrong with that. These are great hang out novels, books to just drop into, with fun other-worldly characters
Eve (Functioning Insanity Reviews)
I'm heart broken..........

****full review***

Rating: 5 Stars (even though it made me cry at work)

So Georgina and Seth are making the most of their relationship and the limits it holds. But things are never that simple and the area gets a new succubus, a newbie that seems to struggle with seducing men, and Georgina is meant to mentor. All of this while someone/thing is giving her weird vivid dreams and sucking her energy out. This means she has to work twic
Wow I'm so upset! :-( 22 192 Jun 16, 2013 07:58AM

• Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth, #2.5; Georgina Kincaid, #2.5)
  • Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4)
  • One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6)
  • Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)
  • Shadow of Angels (Halfway Between #1)
  • This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5)
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
  • Curse the Dawn (Cassandra Palmer, #4)
  • Up from the Grave (Night Huntress, #7)
  • Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1)
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • Pride (Shifters, #3)
  • Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires, #9)
  • Once Burned (Night Prince, #1)
  • Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f

Georgina Kincaid (6 books)
  • Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1)
  • Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2)
  • Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, #4)
  • Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5)
  • Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid, #6)