Start by marking “Let The Game Begin” as Want to Read:

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  142 Ratings  ·  106 Reviews
Published April 22nd 2016 by Inspire India Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Let The Game Begin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let The Game Begin

Archit Ojha

Let The Game Begin - A story of Revenge, Betrayal and Chess!

Many years ago - 4000 to be precise, a prince is killed because a ruler from the enemy world's deadly conspiracies.

His father is out and about and seeking vengeance. And This revenge, he will get for sure!

Is that going to be easy?

I don't think so! No!

Like a Dan Brown's novel, that you can't help turning pages after pages, its suspense gets hold of you. Firmly!

The author never stops to amaze you with surprising twists in story line.

Expe
Pooja
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Exhilarating!

After reading Let The Game Begin, I looked for the chess board I used to have.
I had it cleaned and I'm ready to play for a while.

A series of murders, seeming to be not related, are occurring daily.
A historian is called because an ancient story wants itself to be heard and acted.
Police, private investigators - everyone is trying their best to prevent these tragedies.

But will they able to solve the case correctly?
Will they not encounter tragedies happening with their own people?

Su
Anuradha
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: make someone read it, and then tell you the story
Recommended to Anuradha by: Sandeep Sharma
Turns out I had a slew of ARCs to finish. So, here goes nothing.

Interesting premise, horrible execution. This was a tiny book, but the grammar is so appalling, I cried myself to sleep. Author has zero knowledge of past perfect tense, and my delicate grammar Nazi brain cannot handle it. ARCs have become a platform for me to make PSAs, apparently, so prospective authors, listen, if you have an idea for a book and you think it's a good one, let me write it for you - I'll get the tenses right, the v
Riju Ganguly
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Disclaimer: I had received a copy of this book courtesy the author, for an honest review. So, that’s what I’m going to write.

Four thousand years ago, a terrible crime had been committed. The crown prince of the kingdom of ‘Chaturanga’ had been treacherously killed during the war against the arch enemy: the kingdom of ‘Sarprakt’. To avenge him, his father, i.e. King Viratha does something even more heinous. But what was the role of the omniscient seer Vyaapi in all these? Can he stop the king? Ca
Murali Ryan
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An apt cover, a chess piece, an old paper burning and the blood in letters actually it interlinked you'll realize once you completed the novel.

Author Sandeep Sharma has chosen Historical thriller, The story revolves in two timelines past and present, from the serial killings to mysterious curse behind murders.
The chess piece and strange message is a clue to find that Chess killer when the P.M received it too, the case handover to CLAW security personnel's of prime minister.
They find that all
Dr Rashmit Mishra
banner

A paperback edition of this book was sent to me via Amazon by the author for Review, I'd like to thank him for giving me an opportunity to read his work, I wish him all the success in his future endeavors. Now then about that review ...

What I liked :

rating

Let the game begin is a historical thriller with a hint of fantasy and supernatural elements is set in India and depicts the tale in two timelines , one of the timelines being the present day the other 4000 years ago .

The premise of the book is v
Pankaj Goyal
Brilliant plot comes together with brilliant story-telling in Let the Game Begin to create one of the memorable thrillers I have read by an Indian author. Written by Sandeep Sharma, the book takes you on a thrilling ride filled with a number of twists and turns. The plot is captivating and the way the game of chess has been used in the story-line is certainly fascinating. The plot is masterfully created with a beautiful fusion of imaginative symbolism and technical knowledge. The story is a comb ...more
Ipshita
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Let me start by admitting how close this book was to receiving five stars from me. I was given the opportunity to review the author’s debut work, and so, my sole reason for wanting to give away all the stars is the range of improvement I witnessed in Let the Game Begin.

It has a compact story-line which is both unique and fascinating. A series of murders connected somehow to the ancient past. A difficult concept to swallow for those who expect a good mystery based on realism. However, I’d request
Ravi Gurunani
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mysterious, Enthralling and Interesting. Three words for this wonderful piece of art. The book holds your attention from the very first page till the last page and you crave for its sequel. Story runs from past to present in a very fashionable manner that it forces the reader to complete it in one go.

Book Cover and Title- Book Title is attractive, creats curiosity to read the story it holds. Book cover is okay.
Blurb was interesting and catches the attention of the reader.

Language- Language is si
Pallavi Sareen
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A story that began 4000 years ago is responsible for murders happening right now. The book had me intrigued from the start. A person trying to climb up the Lambasa Parvat to reach the cave of Mrityunjay, and when he reaches, he sees an older verion of himself. And that was it, that was the point where I decided I would finish this book in one sitting. And I did. And it was incredible. Who thought that the boring game of Chess could have such a violent past and bloody consequences?
Two kingdoms se
Rajan
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Rajan by: Sandeep
Thanks Mr Sandeep Sharma for providing me a review copy. A solid 3.5 stars.

I lost hope on Indian writers because apart from Ashwin Sanghi everybody is writing either romance or Myth. So this book is very refreshing. This covers a very long time span, 4000 years to be excat (now that is something). The basic outline is given in blurb and saying more will give away the plot. I hate to give spoilers of a mystery thriller.

It starts with two kingdoms Chaturang and Sarprakt and comes to present day In
Tushti Bhatia
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let the game begin- a story which will not let you sleep until you finish the book. A book which is full of twists and turn and which will leave you thinking about the next page itself. Amazing storylines, a good plots with lots of unexpected turns. A book which should be in your reading list. Am waiting for it's sequel
Nishtha
Started this book this morning with high hopes and attentive mind.

To be honest, I thought this book was about the origin of Chess or something related to chess. The excerpt was helpful in attracting audience but the book cannot be explained with those 200 or so words.

The book had more; more drama, more action, more suspense, more love, more revenge, more everything.

I was inside the book and with Surya the instant he made his appearance. I knew, without doubt, this book is going to keep me awa
Banaja Prakashini
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
The book seems a bit confusing midplot but sticking to the end pays off with most of the confusion resolved.
The author has woven an interesting plot and has managed to create anticipation in the reader.
The book ends with unanswered questions, promising another book from the author's pen.

Ratings- 3.8 out of 5 stars.

It was a bit difficult ,providing the current rating to the book as it is the first part of a probable series and it leaves many questions unanswered.
There were some questions which sh
Darshan DT
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
nice book... I just started .. It just took me till end. ... very interesting n amazing ...
Poesy In Chrysalis Reviews (Sohinee)
Book Title: Let The Game Begin
Publishing Date: 1st June 2016
Printed Price: INR 165
ISBN: 978-9385783463

Review by Sohinee Dey

‘Let The Game Begin’ is a historical thriller penned by Sandeep Sharma and can be considered as a “steam boat” with a diverse range of ingredients ranging from mystery, suspense, to crime immersed into the soup of history; served piping hot! The book begins with a voice-over (
J. Alchem
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Though I do not love reading mythological or historical books, but I somehow picked this one as an author must try reading all genres. I am glad it was a good pick as it grew my interest in such books. No doubt, author has done remarkable job in choosing characters, plotting the sequence, and exploring his creative mind.
I loved the characters of Vyapi and Surya the most . I loved the twists throughout the book. There is a lot to write in review, but readers have already mentioned all the things
Cheshta Arora
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Cheshta by: Tushti Bhatia
On the start, the cover of the novel is very appealing with mustard color with chess piece at the front!

4000 years was quite a while however not for somebody who was agonizing in vengeance.

It can be a revenge novel that was carried forward from last 4000 years.

Two kingdoms, Chaturanga and Sarprakt, isolated by a spiritualist mountain reach are at war with each other since ages. Chaturanga, ruled by King Viratha, is soon gave with a dynamic beneficiary, and the entire kingdom is suffocated in cu
Aditi Srivastava
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Let The Game Begin, a story which dwells into history of Chataranga, the kingdom ; the place from where the chess originated , a curse and hatched plot which became sole reason for the pages which are added in the books of history we read and the destruction of the other kingdom . Story of a lovable father(a king)who losses his only son and reason for his existence , but he returned . He returned to take the revenge . A story which tells us our previous birth sanskar follows us in our following ...more
Sonal
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
About Author:

Sandeep Sharma civil engineer by profession is writer by passion. His previous work ‘Hey Dad! Meet my mom’ has already made him famous in reader community. Currently he is also working on his start-up venture named ‘Author Paradise’.

Writing Style: 5/5

“Let the Game Begin’ by Sandeep Sharma is a historical thriller based on fictional mythology. Writing historical thriller based on mythology is really a tougher task. One has to do a lot of research work and focus on very petite facts w
Bhaumik Shah
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it

Book Title: Let The Game Begin
Author Name: Sandeep Sharma
Publisher: Inspire India Publishers
No. of Pages:170
Price:165(Paperback)
Amazon Price: 30

Let The Game Begin is one of the enthralling historical thriller written by Sandeep Sharma. Every chapters are very well documented with full of twists that once you start reading the book, it leaves you with many questions entailing you with What-Next? The story is based on the concept line "If some things left unfulfilled, the histo
Kalpana Mishra
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
LET THE GAME BEGIN

BLURB:

Two kingdoms, Chaturanga and Sarprakt, separated by a mystic mountain range are at war with each other since ages. Chaturanga, ruled by King Viratha, is soon bestowed with a dynamic heir, and the whole kingdom is drowned in rituals and festivity. On the other side, Sarprakt is executing a cruel conspiracy. King Viratha, crippled by the conspiracy, urges the mysterious man of the mountain to devise a method to recreate the conspiracy and that gave birth to 'The Game of Che
Anindya Chowdhury
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most complex story I ever read. To be honest, when I started reading this book , I did not think that the story will end such way. Really well written and organized though first half was a bit sluggish .

For Casual Readers - Yes, This is the book you should read. Easy to understand language. Well built cover. Easy to understand character developments. Best part of its that the moment you think you are finally understanding whats happening there. The whole idea changes in the ne
Omair Tarique
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Here is my copy of Let The Game Begin by Sandeep Sharma.

Review: Let The Game Begin by Sandeep Sharma is a History thriller written over the course of 18 months. And the quote: “History repeats itself”, has been proved in this book.
The book is filled with lots of twists and timelines. Each chapter takes you back to the past, and later puts you back in the present; but most importantly, it makes you wonder about the killer and what is going to happen next.
This is what I believe: if you are askin
Himanshika Sharma
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
About the story-
The story revolves around two kingdoms Chaturanga and Sarprakt. It tells how the king of one kingdom plans the conspiracy to ruin the king of the other kingdom. After many twists and turns history repeat itself in this era, after 4000 years. The evolution of the game of the chess and its connection with the murders happening around is the thing that every reader has to read.
Writing and narration-
The author and the editor have done something marvelous together. The ease with which
Aniruddha Pathak
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The book starts with a prologue giving a glimpse of the past related with the story.

As the book starts, it quickly jumps into a series of murders that accompany a message in an ancient (read extinct) language and a chess board’s piece. The murders then no longer stay associated with the Police force itself, but is undertaken by CLAW, an agency appointed to safeguard the Prime Minister of the nation – as a piece of Chess is found in her car’s back.

That’s where Dinesh, Surya come into the picture.
Shinde
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-crime
Seamless fusion of History with Mystery. Sandeep Sharma (author) weaves an intriguing revenge saga spanning over 4000 years.

Storyline - a spate of seemingly unrelated murders start unraveling once they coalesce into a common link. This kickstarts a tale of bitter betrayal and rousing rivalry between 2 warring kings of yore.

The author touches on myth (immortal Shamans), science (DNA replication, electromagnetic radiations) and philosophy (immortality, rebirth) to create an enthralling page tur
Shweta Kesari
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
‘Let the Game Begin’; the game the murderer plays or the game of the Chess? What actually author has in mind while picking this intriguing title and the interesting subject to write on. The subject is something which definitely catches many eyes. But, that’s the power of the external elements; let’s have a look how the inner factors worked in my case.

The combination of lined-up events happening in 2016 and the stretched-out history episodes brings a nice flavor to the story. What act as the back
Vaidehi Sharma
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Its a story in different timelines. Its like a bridge which is built till present day from the era of Chaturanga and Sarprakt. Author has successfully created a world of imagination in which these two kingdoms exist and the reader keeps wandering in them.
'Let the game begin' is more than just a book its like a motion picture printed out for people who like libraries more than theatres.
I shall try to give a brief without disclosing the core of story. People are murdered in different parts of
Anmol Singh
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Let The Game Begin from its blurb , concept, starting intrigues a reader to go on. Every page will leave you curious with; 'But ...Why?!'. The book holds an after effect of what happened 4000 years ago; there is history, scientific explanations, serial killer who leaves a trail of chess pieces at his crime scenes, immortals , a curse, black force and what not!?

The research behind the book is to be appreciated ; Google baba indeed helped the author well ;) Most of the concepts are scientifically
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Bloggers/Book Lov...: Needed Book Review! 6 28 Sep 27, 2016 03:25AM

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Lord Peter Views the Body (Lord Peter Wimsey, #4)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
  • The Marriage Pact
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Death in the Devil's Acre (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #7)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The 19th Wife
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Mission Flats
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Pigeon English
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • The Given Day
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Cold Vengeance (Pendergast, #11)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • The Stockholm Octavo
  • Fractured
  • The Winter Over
  • American by Day
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Shifting Tide (William Monk, #14)
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Birdman
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)
    $10.99 $1.99
“Friendship is like a stubborn child who is playing hide and seek with your life. You have to find him at the darkest places of your heart in difficult times. And when you find the child; his smile will light up the darkness of your life.” 6 likes
“A kind heart is like a slow poison for a warrior.” 6 likes