Start by marking “The Priory of the Orange Tree” as Want to Read:
The Priory of the Orange Tree

The Priory of the Orange Tree

A world divided.
A queendom without an heir.
An ancient enemy awakens.

The House of Berethnet has ruled Inys for a thousand years. Still unwed, Queen Sabran the Ninth must conceive a daughter to protect her realm from destruction—but assassins are getting closer to her door.

Ead Duryan is an outsider at court. Though she has risen to the position of lady-in-waiting, she is loy
Expected publication: February 26th 2019 by Bloomsbury Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Priory of the Orange Tree, please sign up.
Samantha Shannon PRIORY is a self-contained story and absolutely works on its own, but this world has more tales to tell . . . I'd love to return to it.

شيماء ✨
Nov 20, 2018 marked it as to-read
what I should be worrying about: how am I going to pay for college????

what I’m actually worrying about: how the hell am I going to pay for all these 2019 releases??????
Samantha Shannon
May 29, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Hiiiii, Goodreads.

This is my new book. I'm thrilled to finally be able to tell you more about it.

The Priory of the Orange Tree is an epic fantasy set in a world that is both like and unlike ours. I've been working on this book since 2015, and I've fallen in love with this setting and these characters. I can't wait for you to meet Ead, Tané, Sabran and the others – I hope you'll enjoy reading their story as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

I'm just popping in to let you know that there is a glos
Cait • A Page with a View
Oh my goodness, that was the definition of an epic fantasy. It was 800+ pages and I could barely lift the ARC to read properly, but none of that page time was ever wasted, SO much is packed into this story... the scope is seriously huge.

I have no clue where to even begin at explaining the plot, but maybe that's not really necessary here. I'll just say if you're looking for a diverse, feminist high fantasy story with some truly impressive worldbuilding, then definitely check this out.

It did tak
Kai
hit me with those 800 pages of high fantasy cause that's the only acceptable way to murder me fyi
Maxwell
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2019, i-own-it
WOW. Where do I even begin with this book? Firstly, thank you to Bloomsbury for sending me an early copy of this book to read. But also how could you do this to me? Now I have to wait another month for everyone to get their hands on this so we can talk about it!

Having been a fan of Samantha Shannon's series, The Bone Season, and in general being a fan of fantasy novels, I was eager to read her latest novel, The Priory of the Orange Tree. I have to confess, though, that some larger, high fantasy
Ben Alderson
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I’ve ever read. Rich in everything you could want and need in a fantasy. Please don’t sleep on this book. Just don’t.
Read it.
Melanie
May 30, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: dragons, fantasy, arc

ARC provided by Bloomsbury in exchange for an honest review.

🐉 Preorder Swag: Receive a exclusive signed poster! (This offer is only available to USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. And offer only available until February 26th, 2019!)

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch
Charlotte May
How did I not notice that this was written by Samantha Shannon? Aka the author of The Bone Season series!! I need this!!!!
Hamad
Jan 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
AN ADULT FANTASY STANDALONE THAT IS HUGE AND HAS DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can it get any better? I don't think so \_(ツ)_/
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
↠ 5 stars

I'm still not over this book, which is a testament to how good it is. It's truly a tour de force, a big orange tome about dragons and strong women and quality lgbtq+ romance. I've got a whole review typed up, so a review is imminent . . . sometime soon.

So this is apparently around 260k words and I am ready to EMBRACE IT! Also DRAGONS?! EASTERN AND WESTERN INFLUENCES?!

*screams continuously into eternity*

2019 is gonna be a good year for books

Okay I've realised I'm more likely to be k
Nina
Feb 06, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: physical-tbr
My copy just arrived and this book is so much bigger than I thought it would be 😱😍 I can't wait to start reading it!

instagram || my blog || twitter
Alexa
Jan 19, 2017 marked it as to-read
FINISH YOUR OTHER 7 BOOK SERIES BEFORE STARTING ANOTHER ONE!

Still psyched for this one, tho.
J.A. Ironside
ARC Provided by Bloomsbury via NetGalley. Thank you so much to the publisher for the chance to read this early.

Brilliant. Fabulous. All immersive. Devastating. Amazing

Everything I hoped and thought it would be and so much more.

Was what I said when I read this back in November 2018 and I stand by those comments. Since The Priory of the Orange Tree comes out next month, I think I'm now allowed to give a full review. So here goes.

Priory is not a perfect book but it was absolutely the perfect book f
Mariah
Feb 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
I just need it said that I've been calling this book "The Priority of the Orange Tree" for months, thanks for coming to my Ted Talk x
Ashleigh (a frolic through fiction)
description
Originally posted on A Frolic Through Fiction

Everyone stay calm! I’m only reviewing my most anticipated read of the year. Cool cool cool. Yep. That’s happening.

Set in a crumbling Queendom and world plagued with draconic threats, The Priory of the Orange Tree follows numerous perspectives in this epic fantasy world. Seriously folks – this book could be in league with the likes of Game of Thrones and The Name of the Wind. Get on it.

This world just blew my mind. It’s complicated, covering all corne
André Oliveira
Jan 23, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: coming
I'm actually hyped for this book and I have never read anything from Samantha Shannon!

1- It is huge!
2- It is a fantasy!
3- It is standalone!!!!
4- Love the cover!

Please, don't disappoint me.
kath | novelandfolk
Oct 22, 2018 is currently reading it
Shelves: arcs, fantasy
An ARC just showed up on my doorstep. It’s absolutely enormous and beautiful. I cannot WAIT.
idiomatic
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this gets 5* not because it is perfect but because i love it. which is the point of this godforsaken website, but it is paramount you know this is not perfect—it's a 4.5 or to be really exact, an 89%. "that is the most frustrating grade" YES.

the fact that this is one book sounds impressive but is a totally arbitrary accomplishment because this SHOULD have been a duology or trilogy. as it is, this somehow manages pirates of the caribbean trilogy pacing in one book, i.e. "careful note-perfect deta
J. Taylor
Nov 22, 2018 marked it as colour-me-intrigued  ·  review of another edition
so this book is also gay as fuck and the heterosexual's are the background couples for once? bring on 2019. because this already sounded epic before I found that out. can't wait.
Lauren Elizabeth

A WORLD DIVIDED. A QUEENDOM WITHOUT AN HEIR. AN ANCIENT ENEMY AWAKENS.

This book completely destroyed me.

I would first off like to mention that I have not read author Samantha Shannon’s international-bestselling series The Bone Season but if those books are just as well written as The Priory of the Orange Tree, then I will most definitely check those out as soon as I can. I knew going into The Priory of the Orange Tree that it was a highly anticipated read for many epic fantasy fans but I had lit
Jemima
Jan 02, 2019 is currently reading it
I got the ARC for this ya'll!!!!

LRM_EXPORT_62218961894285_20190202_173229356.jpeg
☽ TheBibliotheque
People: You can't manage to keep up with your TBR and read the +800 pages of this ARC before Feb 26th
Me:
description

#BLESS
BookishBotanist
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t even know where to begin... I loved it. Thank you Bloomsbury Publishing for an ARC of this book! And Samantha Shannon.... just thank you. This book was everything.
🍊🌳🐉
When this book gets released in February, you should all read it. Seriously. Just do it. You won't regret it! I know a lot of people will be hesitant due to how large it is but don't be intimidated by it's size- it is so worth it! In some massive books that I've read, there are a bunch of filler chapters and I find myself
Chloe
Jan 31, 2019 marked it as to-read
I have preordered the signed edition of this book and bought a ticket to Samantha's talk at Waterstone's about it! I am hyped! My expectations are very very high.
Andrew (BritBookBoy)
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-2018
This was spectacular from start to finish.
Dannii Elle
Jan 18, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
That cover? That synopsis? Over 800 pages? Our queen has blessed us!

Pre-ordered and ready for February 26th to come hit me with them feels.
Syd (deertales)
holy world building batman.

the priory of the orange tree was an amazingly epic read - both in storytelling and page count. it was an awesome adventure of a story and i seriously cannot wait to grab myself the physical copy (and the map) when it comes out so i can revisit some scenes and characters over and over again.

the characters! there is such an amazing and diverse cast of characters here, in age, gender, sexual orientation and backgrounds. some i loved, some not so much. but they all served
Alexandra Elend Wolf
Wait a second, is this a fantasy standalone and it has dragons? Uhm, well, damn. Count me in!

Also that cover? Gorgeous.

I can't wait for this to come out. Just a little bit longer. Thank goodness.
Anna
Jan 23, 2019 marked it as unreleased  ·  review of another edition
Talking dragons? LGBT+ romance?

Can I please read this book now?
Hollis
Nov 01, 2018 marked it as to-read
I'm sure I wasn't the only one who downloaded that however many page excerpt from NG. This is my wee review and or rambling thoughts of it.

All the hype has me so excited to read this book and with the preorder going live today I decided to dip my toe into the teaser. I wasn't blown away, that's for sure, but this was also only a tiny (though surprisingly long) bite of a much bigger pie. It was definitely picking up some steam (so many mixed metaphors..) by the end of the file but it didn't suck
  • Fall Like Thieves
  • Middlegame
  • The Women's War (Women's War, #1)
  • Gods of Jade and Shadow
  • The Raven Tower
  • The Merciful Crow (The Merciful Crow, #1)
  • The City We Became
  • Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1)
  • We Hunt the Flame (Sands of Arawiya, #1)
  • The Bird King
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Ninth House #1)
  • The Harp of Kings
  • Lady Hotspur
  • The Invisible Life of Addie La Rue
  • Empire of the Vampire (Empire of the Vampire, #1)
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • Hierophant (Founders, #2)
  • The Dragon Republic (The Poppy War, #2)
Samantha Shannon studied English Language and Literature at St. Anne’s College, Oxford. The Bone Season, the first in a seven-book series, was a New York Times bestseller and the inaugural Today Book Club selection. Film and TV rights were acquired by the Imaginarium Studios. The Mime Order followed in 2015 and The Song Rising in 2017.

Her next novel, The Priory of the Orange Tree, will be publish
“That is the problem with stories, child. The truth in them cannot be weighed.” 0 likes
“Sea sisters, Susa had called them once. Two pearls formed in the same oyster.” 0 likes