Start by marking “Bet On Me” as Want to Read:
Bet On Me

Bet On Me

It's all a game until they're betting with their lives.

Alaya Matthews is in search of freedom. Tired of her mundane life, she packs everything she owns into two bags and heads for Europe. Her plan is simple: see the world and be adventurous, don't get tied down, don't settle for less than her heart's desires, and never fall in love.

However, Alaya didn't plan for Cole Ashf
Published May 23rd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Bet On Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bet On Me

Lydia H
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Mia Hoddell and I can honestly say it won't be my last. Bet On Me was action-packed with a lingering suspense that had me fully intrigued, wanting to read more about Cole and Alaya. One thing I really liked about Mia's writing was how she developed the chemistry between the two main characters. I felt that I was getting to know each of them just as the other character...if that makes any sense at all. I loved their wittiness, sarcasm, and banter! I found myself giggling ...more
Mignon Mykel
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a cute read with just enough suspense to keep it all interesting! I have come to enjoy Mia Hoddell's writing style and while this one didn't grab hold of my attention completely as some of her other works have, it was still a great read. When Alaya chooses to go overseas to back-pack Europe, she only has one goal in mind -- freedom. Making ties to a guy certainly doesn't fall in that goal.

Cole wasn't looking for Alaya, either. After some pretty negative life events, Cole is pretty black
Theresa Alberts
May 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Bet On Me by Mia Hoddell is a story about chasing your dreams, being open to new experiences, and following your heart regardless of how others feel about your choices.

If you are a reader that looks for a book that has adventure, a little love story, drama and intrigue then this is the book for you. The chemistry and banter between Cole and Alaya will keep you entertained and yearning to find out what happens with this unlikely couple.

3 stars

Diz Reads 4TLOReading
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bet on Me kicks starts with Alaya boarding a train to France to start a journey of self discovery and freedom, working her way across Europe, with a little help from a friend back home.

The last thing she expects are wants is a connection with a tall dark brooding stranger that makes her laugh and theres that instant chemistry - she doesn't want , the whole reason for her trip was freedom, no ties, no strings, just her and the world. so why does she find it easy to talk and open up to Hazel.

Col
Elizabeth Horbaczek
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was given to me for an honest review.

4 stars.

I have to say I truly liked this book. There was a lot going on and it made you want to keep on reading. The characters were different to say the least. Alaya was fun, witty, and she had this over the top personality that you love when you get to know her. She never lets things bring her down and she is always looking for a challenge. How Alayla started out in this book was sorta bad a@@. She wanted to be free to make her own choices and she
Cristina
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
¬ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review¬

If it were possible I'd be giving this book no less than 10 stars !

Mia's writing style is amazing, her books - please note that, for me this was my second book written by her that I've read so far, but I intend to read everything she's written - are very fast paced, highly addictive, action packed and well written. Bet On Me promises to keep you on the edge of your seat. Her talent really pays off and you can see that in her
Jane Hunt

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+
Connect on...:
Twitter

This story captures the essence of what it is to be young and vibrant.
Alaya has her future mapped out, but unfortunately, she’s not the one doing the planning. Her view of her future is very different from her parents. Strong willed and independent; she knows exactly what she wants to do with her life, and is courageous enough to put her plans into act
Ashley Tomlinson
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hoddell has done it again! I swear I love all of the books that I have read by her. She has a way making you want to read more to see how the characters stories are going to go. This book is no exception to that. I needed to know what was going to happen with Cole and Alaya.

The story starts off with Alaya getting on a train to leave her life behind to have an adventure. She planned on traveling the world to live her life to the fullest. Cole, the hot mysterious man with a bad boy persona sits b
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

Alaya Matthews is tired of her life. She needs a break from the path that her parents are trying to set for her. Packing her bags, she sets off to Europe to see the world. She has no need for a man in her life. She doesn't want to find love or anyone to share her adventure with.
Cole Ashford is a man on the run. His life has been dead for seven years and he finds himself drawn to Alaya's bright attitude. He can't afford for her to find out his secret, but he can't stay away either.
I absolutely lo
Anne Dawson (Bookaholics Reading Haven)
This is my first book by Mia and I was drawn to it by the synopsis and I have to say that it met all my expectations.

Alaya is a young lady who embarks on a trip to Europe to find adventure and truly live her life to the fullest despite what her family may think. She did not expect to meet the mysterious stranger on the train who not only intrigues her but whom she feels an instant connection to.

Cole is on the run from his past. In an attempt to start again he boards a train to Europe, no destina
Keren Hughes
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bet On Me is one of the best stories I've read this year. It's intriguing from the first word to the last. I rarely get chance to sit and read a book from start to finish, but this is one of those that you just *have* to make time for.
The characters draw you in so easily and you feel a real connection to them. As the story builds, your love for them grows and you find yourself embroiled in an emotional roller coaster.
There are plenty of laughs along the way, but if you're an emotional so-and-s
Melissa King
Shelves: arc
I have became a huge fan of Mia Hoddell's. Her books are amazingly well written and she writes such believable characters. That it is so easy to get swept away into her stories. That I lose track of time.

Alaya Matthews is twenty-three, who is on her way to Europe to follow her heart. She wants a life free of drama, where she can live as simply as possible and move on whenever she desires without worry. She doesn’t want or need a man in her life and the last thing she wants is to fall in love.

Co
Jen
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by Enticing Journey Book Promos in exchange for an honest review.

This book has the romance and the suspense, but its the adventure that Alaya and Cole embark upon that makes it a good read. They're both on the run from life as they know it but for different reasons. Alaya and Cole are an interesting couple and contrasting and comparing the two highlights that they're exactly what the other one needs. What was suppos
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
This is not my first book by Mia and it won't be the last. I love the books that Mia writes. The storylines and characters are ones that have me hooked on her books and wanting more. Mia has quickly jumped onto my list of must read authors. I jump at the chance to get my hands on one of her books. This book did not disappoint at all. I LOVED the storyline and the characters had me falling in love.

Poor Alaya has set off on a journey to backpack in Europe to finally get the one thing that she has
Amy Neighbors Senethavilay
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For those of you that follow Pages Abound, you know that Mia has quickly become a favorite writer. Her ability to create such real characters who are flawed, hurting, and searching for a way to overcome and rise above the struggles life gives us makes her one of the top authors I follow.

"The past doesn't have to affect your future. You can choose to let go of it."

When was the last time you simply let go and lived for the moment, chased after your heart's desires, pushed yourself to grab ahol
Sassy Southern
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Alaya Matthews is headed to France to begin to live the life that she wants to lead and no longer the one her parents want for her. On the train ride from the UK to France she ends up sitting with Cole Ashford, a man who is trying to overcome something in his past and wants to learn how to live life and enjoy it.

As Cole and Alaya begin to get closer he learns to laugh again and do the unexpected but when his past starts to get closer he knows he has to do everything he can to keep Alaya safe, ev
Vickie
It’s all a game until they’re betting with their lives.

Bet on Me was an action packed suspense filled edge of your seat read that I thoroughly enjoyed!

Romantic suspense is my favourite genre and Mia Hoddell did not disappoint! I’ve previously been lucky enough to read arc’s for her books in the Chequered Flag Series and enjoyed them but think Alaya and Cole’s story may just be my favourite of hers to date.

The plot just had the right amount of suspense to keep me intrigued throughout while mix
Kathryn Linke
This was my first time reading anything written by Mia Hoddell. This book is well written and flows well.
Alaya is the heroine, and she is trying to find herself. She doesn't want to settle down and have a family or live a predictable, staid life, she craves to experience life and to go on an adventure, so she embarks on a trip working her way around Europe.
Cole is the hero and he is trying to escape his past. He boards the train in London, to go to Europe with no particular destination in mind
Annamaria
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Five Fascinating Stars! Alaya is tired of her life and the path her parents have set up for her. She decides to pack her bags and go to Europe, in search of having a good time that doesn't involve men. On the train ride to France she meets Cole. Cole is a man running from his past, when he meets Alaya on the train he feels an instant attraction towards her. He is worried that he will put Alaya in danger but he can't stay away from her. What will happen when Cole's secrets are reveal and will Ala ...more
Sharon Stevenson
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
'Bet on Me' is the story of Alaya, a young woman setting off on a journey to Europe to seek out adventure. What she doesn't expect to find is an intriguing guy on the run from his past. Sparks fly as they begin to take a gamble on each other.

I was really intrigued by the premise of the story and it didn't disappoint. This book is full of suspense and the chemistry between Alaya and Cole is scorching. The characters are well developed and believable, as well as very likeable. I got emotionally in
Bobbie Wood
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Alaya finally builds the courage up, against her parents wishes, to leave her boring and tame life to lead the life SHE has dreamt of. She wants to take life by the horns and explore the world. She wants to fly and be free. With no commitments like marriage and children to hold her back. She wants to do it on her own. Until she meets Cole on the train. It doesn't take long before she decides to take him under her wing and teach him how to live again. But Cole has secrets of his own. And he's not ...more
Laura Smith
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC given by the author for an honest review.

I absolutely fluffing loved this book from start to finish and so glad I had the pleasure of reading it.

Alaya Matthews left everything behind to go travelling around Europe. Alaya is a free spirit and wants to find herself. She doesn't want the stereotypical life of work, marriage, family etc (or at least not yet) and refuses to let her heart rule.
That is until she meets Cole Ashford!

Alaya is instantly drawn to Cole but keeps her walls up as she d
Jennifer Zamora
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Cole an Alaya and what a lovely story.
Alaya is a very easy to love character. And the way she sees the world is a breath of fresh air. Cole is hiding from something, and after 7 years it wont be easy to stop looking over his should. Which is good as it could kill them both. I love the back and forth banter and the playful bets. This story has everything from suspense, to love and warmth. The characters are well planned out yet not overly done. As the story progresses you can
Tonya Farmer
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Arc provided for an honest review through 2 Girls Who Loves books.

Bet On Me was such a cute fun story. The characters were interesting and easily liked. The story kept me intrigued through out with hardly a dull moment.

"I’m working/staying at The Beckett. Come and find me when you’re ready to live again and lose our bet. Ask for Alaya at reception. I’ll see you soon, Hazel.  X

Oh yeah, I was in trouble … big trouble."

I enjoyed this book so much. Learning to live and not just exist is such an ex
Amy
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

First of all, anything by Mia Hoddell makes it to my TBR list. She writes about people I want to know and places I want to see.

Great characters! Cole and Alaya are an amazing couple you will root for all the way through the book. I love the way the author keeps you guessing about Cole’s secret. Alaya is a sassy, fun protagonist, who still manages to pull at your heartstrings.

The setting is so much fun and I want to visit! Kudos to Hoddell for writing so well about exotic (at least to me)
Honestly Honest Bookworm
Favorite Quotes:
- "I told you. You should have bet on me."
- I rolled my eyes. "Don't turn into a dork now. Your bad boy image was the only thing you had going for you."
- "I like you, Alaya. You make me want to be better... to actually live. I didn't know what I was missing out on until you entered my life in your bubble of determination and happiness. I can't go back to the life I had before even if it means facing what I did to protect you. I need you."
- "I need you to be on me to know what
Rebecca Austin
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-sassy
This is such a great book on living in the moment and seizing the opportunities that come to us. Alaya has such an incredible and mature grasp on life with wanting to live the life she wants and enjoy everything before settling down.

Cole is such a mystery as you know something bad happened in his life but have no clue what happened. I love that he realizes he wants to be happy and live a life that he enjoys instead of always looking behind him.

I loved how Cole began to open up to Alaya knowing
Kirsty Bicknell
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bet On Me is probably my favourite book by Mia Hoddell. Alaya is a wonderful protagonist and the fact that she is so full of life and living her dreams is inspiring. Cole is an unexpected obstacle for Alaya, but their flirting and banter is such fun! I love the way their romance develops, but Mia Hoddell cleverly adds the element of danger, which makes the story so compelling. Bet On Me is a great idea, brilliantly executed by Mia Hoddell and much sexier than any of her previous books!
Mia Hoddell
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
A new standalone coming May 23rd!
Carey Fletcher
I just didn't connect with the characters in this book. It was ok, just not great.
International bestselling author, Mia Hoddell, lives in the UK with her family and two cats. She spends most of her time writing or reading, loves anything romantic, and has an overactive imagination that keeps her up until the early hours of the morning.

Mia has written over ten titles including her Seasons of Change series, the Chequered Flag series, the Elemental Killers series, and her standal