Start by marking “The Fixer (Games People Play #1)” as Want to Read:
The Fixer (Games People Play #1)

The Fixer

(Games People Play #1)

He’s known only as Wren. A wealthy, dangerously secretive man, he specializes in making problems disappear. A professional fixer, Wren hides a dark past, but his privacy is shattered when Emery Finn seeks him out—and what she wants from him is very personal.

Published December 27th 2016 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Fixer, please sign up.
Kaitlyn Haskell I read her book The Protector recently, and it is the fourth "Games People Play" book. I absolutely fell in love with the book, and the authors…moreI read her book The Protector recently, and it is the fourth "Games People Play" book. I absolutely fell in love with the book, and the authors writing style. These books all interconnect with each other, but I'd 100% recommend her books to anybody. They're always a good page turner.(less)

Natalie The Biblioholic
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, dual-pov, suspense
This book was a bit different from anything I can remember reading lately and I liked it. I'm new to this author but you better believe I'll be reading more of her work after this. This book was an interesting mix of contemporary and suspenseful romance, with a dash of mystery and intrigue thrown in. The blurb actually gives a pretty good idea of what the story is about, which I greatly appreciated.

Alyssa

Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: December 27, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from Edelweiss

***Warning: this is an adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

Meags
4.5 Stars

Smart, gripping, amusing and sexy, The Fixer is the first book in a fresh and engaging romantic suspense series by HelenKay Dimon.

This is one of those rare occurrences when a book managed to catch my full attention from page one. Usually it takes me a few chapters to get going, but here I was already certain of my future rating and ultimate enjoyment right off the bat.

The story follows Emery Finn, a young woman whose job it is to bring lost souls home and to provide closure for the fami
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker
“We need to talk about her. We need to have answers.” She did. Down to her soul. The guilt. The not knowing. Waking up every day thinking Tiffany could be one of those poor women chained to a bed somewhere in some sick bastard’s basement, unable to get out.

This had a bit of a different feel and texture than the usual romantic suspense/mystery, slower because this was about solving a decades old case but I enjoyed it for the most part because of the something new feel.

Our hero is quite differe
Kate's Corner
Maybe you guys can remember the TV series Cold Case with detective Lilly Rush? I loved that series and still watch reruns when I can. But getting back to the review.
Here cold cases are solved but its better. Cause there are alpha males and kickarse plots.

Characters & Chemistry.

Emery Finn has based her life around solving what happened to her cousin, her best friend Tiffany. She thinks she has finally found a link that will break the case open. She has been searching for Wren. She is convinc
Xan West
I do not recommend this book to autistic readers. I would advise trauma survivors to tread cautiously, & check out the trigger warnings before reading.

I read this book looking for a strong heroine, a story about a fixer, and heat. (That's how it was recommended to me.)

The heroine is definitely my favorite character in the book, and is strong in many ways. Some of the moments where she pushes back against controlling men in her life are the best parts of this book. (With a notable exception
Gretchen  (About That Story)
When I read the synopsis for this book I totally fell in love and was super excited to read it. Not only did I love it, it surpassed my expectations! It had an excellent storyline with a great feel to it, I was hooked!

Seriously, right from the beginning I was hanging on every word. Since this was romantic suspense, in my head I was expecting intensity but what I got surprised me and I loved it. It had this light, fun vibe happening that had me smiling. Wren and Emery where great characters. They
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alpha-males
3.75 FIXER STARS

This was refreshingly different and a nice surprise. I enjoyed the alpha male in Wren and I liked how Emery was a strong minded woman. Those two combinations together is a recipe for exciting banter and constant power struggles between each other.
Christina
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars - 3 Flames

Wowza!

I've never heard of this author and I'm now trying to find anything that was written by her. Side note - HOLY COW, there are so many books that look good!!!!! Looks like I'm gonna be fighting my fellow reviewers to get my hands on more of Ms. Dimon.

Emery has been searching for her missing cousin for over a decade. Ok, searching seems like a bad choice of words. More like obsessed with trying to find out what happened to her so many years ago. In fact, one would say that
Cecilia
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very entertaining, somewhat suspenseful romance. The hero is a bit of an odd duck for this type of set up, and the heroine is quite independent but not TSTL. They make a good pair.
Ekaterin
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1ère lecture pour le prochain Festival du Roman Féminin. Je ne connaissais pas l'auteur, c'est une bonne pioche. Du romantic suspens qui tient la route, malgré quelques longueurs.
La romance est plutôt en second plan finalement, mais les personnages sont attachants qu'ils soient principaux ou secondaires. Je lirai avec plaisir la suite
Melanie A.
Oct 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: library
3.5 STARS
Jaime Arkin
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Emery’s job is to find the missing… whether that means reuniting a family or bringing closure, she’s determined and her cousin’s mystery is the case she’s focused on again. A random clue in her uncle’s files leads her to the name “Wren.” So she starts asking around, trying to find this person who could be involved in the disappearance of her cousin and gets more than she bargained for.

No one really knows who Wren is… he’s wealthy, and secretive and he makes problems go away… hence the name “the
Aislinn
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emery is looking for the man she thinks abducted or killed her cousin many years ago. She finds Wren's name in her uncle's files on the case and thinks he's connected. Turns out, he was just someone that the man thought might help.

Wren becomes quickly intrigued with Emery and the case, and agrees to help her. Despite their differences, they realise they make a good team.

I enjoyed this. I love awkward heroes and while I didn't quite buy that such a successful manipulator of people could be so clu
Paula  Phillips
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When Emery Finn was twelve/thirteen years old, her cousin and best friend Tiffany was abducted and went missing. Emery could have easily been in that same position had she been their earlier or snuck out with Tiffany, she thought. Now years later, Emery works for an organization that is all about giving family closures and finding out what happened to the Jane and John Doe's and giving them an identity. She has also never given up on finding out the truth about her cousin, especially since there ...more
Crystal
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
LOVED this book! Wren is so awkward, sexy, and wonderful. Emery is tough, and doesn't take any crap from him. Together, they are AMAZING! A great start to this new series!
Virtuellement Votre

Nouveau venu dans la collection #LoveAddiction, L’homme de l’ombre fait la part belle au mystère et raconte son histoire avec un bon équilibre entre romance et suspens.

Je suis une adepte de ce genre de roman et c’est sans surprise que je me suis lancée dans cette nouvelle saga avec à sa tête une auteure totalement inconnue, mais qu’il me tarde déjà de retrouver dans d’autres ouvrages. Helenkay Dimon a une plume assurée, sincère et minutieuse. Elle arrive à
Cynthia
A contemporary romance and a bit of mystery with trying to solve the disappearance of Emery's cousin and best friend, Tiffany.

The story was repetitive and slow. It didn't pick up until the last 50 pages. Emery had one too many eye roll moments for me.
nick
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, contemporary

3.5/5
Amelia Autin
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
THE FIXER won the Romance Writers of America RITA award for romantic suspense this week and I do see why, even though I can't give it top marks for personal reasons.

Overall story? Great, no question. Wonderful blending of diverse characters and a plot that kept me reading until I was finished.

Hero? Wren was wonderful in many aspects, and I ached for him. Overbearing? Yes. Controlling? Yes. Stalkerish? Umm...yes. But if you like alpha heroes (and I do), you can get past those issues, especially s
Marid
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I've never read a romantic suspense novel before. I think this was mostly romantic with a sprinkle of suspense. It was engaging and I enjoyed it enough that I'll check out more of Ms. Dimon's books. Woo.
Christi Barth
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
OMG, this was fast-paced, crazy-full of sexual tension, and there couldn't have been two characters more opposite...and yet more completely right for each other than Wren and Emery. On top of all that, it also has a great cold-case mystery that gets solved.
Maria Rose
Intense story! Really enjoyed the characters, the banter, the relationship between Emery and Wren and the mystery. The subject matter isn't my usual cup of tea but I had read the second in the series and wanted to catch up with the first.
Sandy S
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date December 27, 2016

Some people disappear against their will. Emery’s job is to find them and bring closure. Wren is the only person who can help solve Emery’s own personal mystery: the long-ago disappearanc
Dísir
This is far from a bad book and the rating hardly reflects this, but I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time trying to clear the fuzzy feeling from my head when it comes to ‘The Fixer’, because so much of it feels blurry and shadowy where pasts and context don’t quite exist beyond the pages of what’s been given to us. At the very start, there’s already an established relationship with a Senator, a network of bodyguards and spies in place and suddenly, meetings that simply felt…off, leaving me un ...more
Danielle
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emery Finn’s cousin mysteriously disappeared when they were kids and Emery has been looking for her ever since and following any leads she comes across. She comes across a name Wren in the files her uncle kept and starts trying to track him down to see if he can help give her the answers she has been looking for or to find out if he was the one behind her disappearance.

When a man approaches her and tells her to stop looking for Wren it only makes her want to find him more. Wren approaches Emery
Sharrice
The Fixer was the BOMB!!! Oh, my goodness so much love for this book. I was surprised by just how awesome this book was because DANG! AWESOMESAUCE!!!

Emery needs help. After so many years of searching for her best-friend and cousin she’s beginning to think she’ll never find her cousins killer. When the name Wren pops up in her uncles’ old files she knows she must find him. Wren isn’t known to a lot of people. Barely anyone knows his name except for a few people and Emery is tracking all of them d
Rashika (is tired)
***This mini-review has also been posted on Xpresso Reads

Actual Rating 3.5
The Fixer was another rom-sus that hit a home-run. Its been a while since I’ve read rom-sus but I am so glad I found Hard Rules & The Fixer because they made me miss the genre. If you’re into Scandal (or were at one point but then stopped watching b/c the characters got too annoying like I did), this might be worth checking out. I was a little sad that we had a male fixer instead of a badass lady but the female lead
Christine
Jan 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-books
I got this book based on a review I'd read...

Emery's never forgotten that her beloved cousin disappeared without a trace, and when she discovers a clue to her cousin's case in some old papers, she sets out to find the one person she believes can help her: Wren. He stays out of view, pulling strings from behind the curtain, but as Emery's search gets uncomfortably close, he's forced to reveal himself to her...with unsettling results. As Wren and Emery close in on what happened to her cousin, they
Heather andrews
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wren is one cocky man, “if my clothes are coming off we’re going to make it worthwhile.” He winked at her. " There are some requests from his woman that Wren is eager to fulfilll, “for anything.” His hands slipped her underwear down. “You want sex against a wall, you got it.” I really liked this book, I loved Wren.

• Off the Edge (The Associates, #2)
  • Hunt for Evil (ICE #1)
  • Skin Deep (Station Seventeen #1)
  • By Her Touch (Blank Canvas, #2)
  • Spiced (Misfit Brides, #6)
  • How to Train Your Baron
  • Wild Hearted
  • Predator's Claim  (Gemini Island Shifters, #4)
  • Christmas in Destiny (Destiny, #7)
  • Zero Hour (Wired & Dangerous, #1)
  • Starting from Scratch
  • The Dog Walker's Diary
  • Resurrection (Redemption Harbor #1)
  • The Gathering Dusk (Killer Instinct, #0.5)
  • Snow Day: Heart of the Storm\Seeing Red\Land's End
  • Dark and Dangerous
  • One for the Rogue (Studies in Scandal, #4)
  • Heartbeat Braves (Crooked Rock, #1)
HelenKay Dimon is a divorce lawyer-turned-romance author. After dedicating years to helping people terminate relationships she now writes romance novels full time. Her books have earned praise, appeared on bestseller lists, won numerous awards and twice been named Red-Hot Reads and excerpted in Cosmo. She sometimes writes erotic romance, sometimes writes romantic suspense and sometimes writes cont ...more

Games People Play (4 books)
  • The Enforcer (Games People Play #2)
  • The Pretender (Games People Play #3)
  • The Protector (Games People Play #4)
“You get scared a lot, do you?” She’d made it clear more than once that she thought he was a robot or something worse. That sort of thing usually didn’t bother him, but hearing it from her had his back teeth grinding together. “It’s a normal reaction.” “You’re familiar with normal?” He” 0 likes