Start by marking “Four Weddings and a Sixpence: An Anthology” as Want to Read:
Four Weddings and a Sixpence: An Anthology

Four Weddings and a Sixpence: An Anthology

Beloved authors Julia Quinn, Elizabeth Boyle, Laura Lee Guhrke, and Stefanie Sloane deliver the stories of four friends from Madame Rochambeaux’s Gentle School for Girls who find an old sixpence in their bedchamber and decide that it will be the lucky coin for each of their weddings…

“Something Old”
Julia Quinn’s prologue introduces her heroine Beatrice Heywood and the prem
ebook, 1st edition, 384 pages
Published December 27th 2016 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Four Weddings and a Sixpence, please sign up.
Dana Weiczman The father was certainly not innocent, the evidence was there and Ellie knew too when she spoke to him. By the tie they got engaged at the end, the…moreThe father was certainly not innocent, the evidence was there and Ellie knew too when she spoke to him. By the tie they got engaged at the end, the investigation was out of Lawrence's hands. Justice was about to proceed, that is why Ellie's father took off.

Even Bluestone's uncle, Wilchelsey, wasn't going to be of any help to Ellie's father.(less)

Becca
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Warning: my review is biased because I LOVE ANTHOLOGIES. I love them. I know most readers love a full-length novel, but I must say that when there is an anthology that comes out with a clever concept and good writing...well, I just get tingly.

I had the pleasure of reading this with Andrea and Lacey, which made the reading experience even more enjoyable so take my following review with a grain of salt.

This anthology is four stories told in chronological order about 4 friends that find a sixpence
Joanna Loves Reading
This was such a fun and cute anthology. The stories were sweet, and the narration from Mary Jane Wells was superb. I truly enjoyed listening to this.
Caz
I've given this an A- for narration and the following grades for content: Sloane - C-; Boyle - C; Guhrke - B+; Quinn - B at AudioGals.

I’m not a big fan of anthologies or novellas in general, because I find there are few authors who really understand how to use the shorter form to greatest effect, and I most often come away from them feeling a bit disappointed. And anthologies tend to be uneven; there will usually be one really good story and the others will be of lesser, variable quality. So why
Holly
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
*4.5 stars

I enjoyed the overall book but some stories I liked better. So this is how I would break them down:

Something New by Stephanie Sloane.....2 stars

Something Borrowed by Elizabeth Boyle.....5 stars

Something Blue by Laura Lee Guhrke......4.5 stars

And.....A Sixpence in Her Shoe by Julia Quinn.....4 stars
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at Smexybooks-http://smexybooks.com/2017/01/review-...

Four well know historical romance authors have come together in a spirited anthology about four young women who meet as girls at Madame Rochambeaux’s Gentle School for Girls and become fast friends despite their differences in social, class, and economic status. When they find a mysterious sixpence hidden in a mattress, the girls decide it will be their lucky charm towards making the perfect marriage. Now years later, these
Andrea
Buddy read with Becca and Lacey! As always, it was great fun - thanks you guys!

I loved the premise of this book: Four girls find an old coin and decide it will be their lucky charm based on an old and familiar rhyme that all the stories were built around:

Something Old
Something New
Something Borrowed
Something Blue
And a Sixpence in her Shoe

Something old, the prologue by Julia Quinn was a nice set-up for the series. It introduced the characters and their backgrounds before the girls' individual sto
Megzy
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
2 stars for the first three stories. (view spoiler)
4 star for the last one by Julia Quinn.
Jess
Jan 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm back for another year of nitpicking criticisms in romance novels! So the premise of this anthology is that four friends find a sixpence which has magical romance powers, and each of their romances follows the 'something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue... and a sixpence in her shoe' rhyme, ish. Overall this was not great, but Julia Quinn's story (which is last, so you ought to read the ones before as well) is so good that it's worth suffering through the first three.

So
Paige  Bookdragon

Full review to come.
SmartBitches
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Full review at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

Four Weddings and a Sixpence is super comforting. It’s a collection of four novellas, all Regency romances, all remarkably angst-free. Five minutes after reading each story I had already forgotten all about it, but I remembered my enjoyment while reading it.

The novellas are held together by a framing story written by Julia Quinn. In 1817, four girls who are attending Madame Rochambeaux’s Gentle School for Girls find a sixpence in the mattress. The girls
Chitra *CJ*
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: v-card, safety-first
Ellie, Bea, and Cordelia and Anne meet at Madame Rochambeaux’s finishing school in their early youth.
Each from different family, different class and different circumstances.
When they find a sixpence stuck at the bottom of their bed, they decide to try out the superstition that it helps you find your perfect husband.

Each of their stories is by the authors in the anthology.

After a prologue by Julia Quinn, we start the book.

Something New by Stefanie Sloane; Anne and Rhys

“I promise I won’t kill m
Michele
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
In the Regency anthology Four Weddings and a Sixpence, readers have the distinct pleasure of perusing stories written by four different but equally talented authors. Julia Quinn, Elizabeth Boyle, Stefanie Sloane and Laura Lee Guhrke did a great job putting their own spin on a tale of four best friends who discover a sixpence while at boarding school. A sixpence that the girls hope will have the magical ability to help them find true love, based on the well known rhyme that also serves as titles ...more
Becky Lower
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought the premise of this series of novellas was as charming as Julia Quinn is in person. It reminded me of Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants--Regency style. And parts of it hit the mark, especially the stories penned by Quinn and by a new-to-me author, Laura Lee Guhrke. But the whole book needed another read-through by a sharp-eyed editor to clear up the age discrepancies and the repetitiveness, where the same words appeared within two lines of each other. It could have been excellent inste ...more
Lacey
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've enjoyed this book, especially since I was reading it with Andrea and Becca :) so, whenever you're two are planning a buddy read, count me in!

I loved the plot. The idea of a lucky coin was very sweet.

I loved all of the novellas except for the third one which is Something Blue. I didn't like the hero and thought that he was rather cold and ill suited for the heroine.
My very favorite is the last one: A sixpence In Her Shoe by Julia Quinn. I'm just sad that it was too short.
Carolyn
This was a very cute read. While I have read the other ladies' work before and have always enjoyed them (and this anthology was no exception), this was my first time reading anything by Stefanie Sloane. I was glad I was given the opportunity to sample her work because Ms. Sloane's story was very good. The entire anthology was most enjoyable.
Mojca
Four young girls, roommates at a boarding school, find an old sixpence in a mattress and decide it would be their lucky charm in finding suitable husbands when the time came...

Something New by Stephanie Sloane (❀❀❀)
Miss Anne Brabourne needs to find a husband and quickly, before she’s banished into the country. She also has a list of requirements and that list doesn’t include either love or passion thanks to the destruction, caused by heightened emotions, she’d witnessed as a child. Anne also gai
Sheila Melo
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue and a sixpence in your shoe."

This is an anthology of four stories about four friends from Madame Rochambeaux's Gentle School for Girls and the sixpence coin which brings each of them a husband.

SOMETHING OLD by Julia Quinn:  This is the prologue to the stories and introduces the four heroines: Miss Beatrice Heywood, Miss Cordelia Padley, Lady Elinor Daventry and Miss Anne Barbourne.  The four find a old coin which they agree to use
Under the Covers Book Blog

I always get so excited when a Julia Quinn book is coming out, I’ve yet to read a book by her which I haven’t at least liked a great deal. I was also excited about this anthology, with each author some I had read before, some of which were brand new to me all collaborating to bring us separate stories, all connected by two common threads: friendship and a lucky sixpence.

Like with most anthologies there are highs and lows, some authors style that suit me and some that I found it harder to get th

AmyNor
Jan 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Something New: Stefanie Sloane
Something Borrowed: Elizabeth Boyle
Something Blue: Laura Lee Guhrke
Sixpence ... : Julia Quinn

I'm not a huge fan of collections like this, but I'll read anything with Julia Quinn's name on it. Boyle's story was decent, I didn't like Guhrke's heroine's decision making process in the end (though her writing was good too). All the characters were decent.

Funny trivia - all these authors live in Seattle :)

And I couldn't get past the first story mostly because I think so
Molly
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
The first and the last novella from Stefanie Sloane and Julia Quinn were my favorites from this anthology - it's not Christmas teamed, despite the December release date, but revolves around 4 girls and their life long friendship, due to growing up together in a second rate school. It was a fun escape in between cooking, cleaning and generally handling the holidays. Recommend!
Giselle Bradley
Completely fixed my bad mood! 😊
The Bookshelf Wars
Lovely

A wonderful little anthology that makes you want to read more of each author. My only regret is that each story was not longer.
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
'Something New' by Stefanie Sloane - 3.5 Stars
I enjoyed this story very much. Ann and Reese meet by chance at a party, and Ann explains that she needs to marry by the time she is 21 (only 6 weeks away) or she will be shipped off to the country. Reese offers to assist her find a match and the two become fast friends. I adored the initial meeting between Ann and Reese; and Ann conversing with the dog before Reese made his presence known.

I did feel that the love scene was very much out of place at
AnnMarie
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Four Weddings and a Sixpence is a great anthology from the authors Julia Quinn, Elizabeth Boyle, Laura Lee Guhrke, and Stefanie Sloane.

The stories all revolve around four friends from Madame Rochambeaux’s Gentle School for Girls. They find an old sixpence one of their mattresses and decide that it's a lucky coin. The one that will help each of them find love and marriage.

The introductory story, 'Something Old' about the girls and finding the sixpence is told by Julia Quinn. It's short and sweet,
Caitlin
Mar 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, anthology
Haven't read any romances in awhile so I decided to pick up this anthology when I saw it at the library the other day (I'm a big fan of Julia Quinn so that was the main draw for me). The anthology is built around the premise that four women found a lucky sixpence as schoolgirls and decided that the sixpence would bring them luck in love a la the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and as the sixpence goes to each woman in turn, romance ensues.

Something New - ☆☆ 1/2
In Stefanie Sloane’s story, Anne
Kimberly
Nov 22, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, romance
11/22/17 - $1.99 on Kindle
Louise
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was a disappointment. I usually enjoy the novels of Julia Quinn and Elizabeth Boyle, but this anthology of stories by 4 authors just didn’t work for me. The third story in particular, “Something Blue” was neither romantic nor fun. The Julia Quinn story was the best by far.
Historical Romanc...: BR - Four Weddings and a Sixpence 33 17 Jan 27, 2017 01:40PM
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and in 2001 she did so in grand style, competing on the the game show The Weakest Link and walking away with the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British an ...more
“a wise man understands that his comfort is dependent on living in accord with the women in his life and not attempting to command them.” His” 0 likes
“What if you were to get lost,” he pointed out.

Oh, that was the final straw. She whirled around. “However could that happen, my lord?” She notched her chin up a bit. “We’re standing on an island. Eventually I would come to an edge.”
0 likes