Start by marking “Under The Peaches (Teaching Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Under The Peaches (Teaching Love, #1)

Under The Peaches

(Teaching Love #1)

Unwanted. A word eighteen-year-old Kaelyn Jefferies knows better than most. Given up at birth, she knows nothing of love. Now she navigates this world blind, worrying only about her present to survive. And sometimes when you’re the only guide you have, you don’t always do what’s best for yourself.

After another confrontation with her bully, Kaelyn flees to her hiding spot t
Kindle Edition, Kindle
Published February 28th 2017 by Shana Vanterpool

To ask other readers questions about Under The Peaches, please sign up.
O'Colemain It can be read as a standalone, but there is a sequel involving the same characters upcoming.

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance

Under the Peaches by Shana Vanterpool is a teacher/student romance, but it is unlike any I have read before. Usually I find these type of romances to be heavy on the lust and sex and light on the emotion. That isn’t the case here. While there is definitely plenty of steam, the emotion in this story is what, days later, I remember most about it.

photo pagebreak_zpscaredzya.png

Kaelyn Jeffries is an eighteen year old senior in high school that is bullied relentlessly. She looks forward to her lunch break where she ca
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is a forbidden taboo love story between an eighteen year old student and a twenty-four year old teacher.

As your reading it you can pick up on the undercurrent of you know it’s going to happen feeling, sometimes they border on what’s right and what’s oh so wrong.

They know it’s wrong, we know it’s wrong but when it feels so right how can it be so wrong??

These two have a deep seated friendship that was formed when they were both at their lowest, he was going through a difficult time in
Paige
3.5 "Taught" Stars

Under the Peaches is a story about the choices we make, the reality of abuse and that sometimes conventional relationship norms can be broken in the face of something more meaningful. Julian and Kaelyn have a bond that defies what is expected and flourishes  because what they have is more important than what others think. This book was hard to read in parts but was well worth the journey.

Kaelyn is suffering from a traumatic childhood and current reality when she meets her teac
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
This felt like a long 300 pages. Not because the storyline was slow but because the woe is me, bullying and ungrateful ex stuff went on for so long. I always find with books like this - with characters that feel sorry for themselves- that the pace feels slower and drags more. I wanted them to get to the point of saying 'fuck the past' sooner and move forwards instead of wallowing. It was all a bit depressing focusing on the negative above the positive (much like my review).

As for the student tea
bookish_affair
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Julian (aka Mr.Ean) is my FOREVER
**Arc provided for an honest review**
I couldn't be more honest then this

This book is the BOMB!!!
YOU HAVE TO READ IT!!

My only Question was -- Are you trying to kill me Shana??
She was filling me with all the Julian's Sweetness...
I was drunken in the sweet love with that man !!
He's made me crazy and giddy...

"How did I last this long without someone like him in my life?
The answer is clear and painful. I didn't.
I wasn’t aware that my right now was my yesterday and
KristaReadsRomance
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*I received an ARC copy of this book from the author for review.*

Title: Under The Peaches
(Teaching Love #1)
Author: Shana Vanterpool
Genre: New Adult/Contemporary/Romance
Release Date: 2.28.17
My Rating: 5 Mr. Ean gives me all the feels Stars!

I swallow my emotions. "Still want to get to know me?"
"I would love to."
"Why?"
"It's who I am. And I'm wondering if anyone has ever gotten to know you. I want to. You're...different."

(Oh. My. Word. I just finished Under The Peaches and I'm pretty emotional

Melanie (mells_view)
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
 photo B2223476-6449-4281-8298-692573BE34EE_zpsyzqbspw0.jpg
3.5 I fell for his shit because I wanted to fall stars

So Under the Peaches stared off strong for me. I really enjoyed the way this taboo teacher student romance started out! It was unexpected, and honestly made the relationship feel less taboo and more like inevitability. It felt like these two people were MEANT to find each other because they needed each other at the same time. I liked that this story covered bullying and that the heroine wasn't really perfect, and she made bad decisions at ti
m • professional fangirl
2 STARS

The first 40%-45% of Under the Peaches were actually quite good. They were fast-paced, intruguing and literally had me flipping through the book as fast as I could. However, at around 45% or so, it went completely downhill from there.

The story was waaaaaaay too long for the actual substance it had to offer (a 360-something pages book that really should've been around 150 pages or so), it dragged on and on for far too long without anything really happening.

There was A LOT of back and for
Ash.loveofbooks
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love a good teacher/student romance but this was something else. It was an emotional and touching story of two people who needed each other.

As a reader I empathized with Kaelyn. I hurt for her. I feel like many people can relate to Kaelyn. We all have moments in our lives of uncertainty and self-doubt. We all experience hardships and it's wonderful to see characters overcome these hardships. I loved reading about Kaelyn and Julian, and loved how they were there for one another, both physically
Paperback Princess
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
When a forbidden student/teacher romance breaks my heart in the most beautiful way...sigh!!! I couldn't put this book down to save my life!!!

Kaelyn Jeffries has had a difficult 18 yrs of life..given up for adoption from birth..bounced around to different foster homes..Bad foster parents and on top of all that she being bullied. She keeps to herself and is always alone so when she goes to her favorite spot in the school to hide out she's a little annoyed that someone is there.

Julian Ean is gorg
Butthisbook
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been a while since I've read a Student/Teacher romance, and Under the Peaches made me miss these type of reads. This one was a winner for me.
It was sweet, sexy and heartbreaking.
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Eighteen year old Kaelyn has lived her whole life feeling like she is unloved and unwanted. Her own parents didn't want her and she has been passed around different foster homes since she was old enough to remember. Now that she is past the age where her foster parents can collect a cheque for her she now has to balance studying for her last year in high school, so she can achieve her dream of getting out of their home, and working nights at a local restaurant to pay her way.

While lots of teena
Dani
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shana never fails to disappoint with the beautiful words and incredible story telling. She's taken these characters and woven their path so beautifully, I found myself rooting for them all the way.

Kaelyn's journey has been and is difficult, and a lot of what she faces is relatable, every girl who's been in high school would have gone through one or the other, or possibly all that she has, which makes her a 'friend'. You get lost in her mind when you're reading her pov, as if you're right there
Booknerdingout
I had major love hate vibes with UTP. My heart ached for Kaelyn and her self love struggle. And Julian ...gosh was he sexy but the 2 together ? I don't know how I felt them as a couple. It wasn't the taboo student/teacher storyline that I had an issue with. I love taboo. I think for me ..they just felt unhealthy. I don't know. I am quite fond of this author and her writing but I just didn't make a connection with this particular book.
Samantha Larkin
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm probably totally reading this wrong here peeps but did the H in this seem a little teenage girl angsty?

Every time the h did something he didn't agree with he had a strop and sulked until she changed her mind!

It was all a bit fast and resembled a rebound more than something that would last forever!

I'm assuming there will be more to these two which will unfortunately just be giving them drama for drama's sake!

I'm not 100% if I'll continue to follow this series, I guess if it's on Kindle Unl
Tongan Book Lover
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Utterly consuming and soul changing

I went into this book blind and I absolutely loved it. My heart has never hurt so good before. This is a beautifully sad and wonderfully written story about two people, who feel unworthy and have insecurities that run deep. They meet, they crash and they love so hard, my heart ached with every word. It's an amazing book that gave me so many feels, I couldn't breathe. Absolutely amazing book. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Missy Johnson
Feb 24, 2017 marked it as to-read
I'm looking forward to this releasing!!
Dita
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Don’t be afraid to be happy, Kael. Don’t let your fears get in the way of us."

Oh My Julian. I love him. He's sweet, possessive and hot. He's a perfect boyfriend. He never give up, so persistent to show how much he loves someone. He always trying to do everything and trying to figure all out and he won't let his love worrying about everything. He's the man who's always there for you. Yup I love this man. Although I wanted to slap him for those things with Deborah and Brady, I understand him, but
Vanessa (nessreads)
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
*ARC provided for an honest review*

4.5 "Skittles" Stars

"That was the first time I learned I was unwanted."

18 year old Kaelyn has never known love. Since her biological parents put her up for adoption and then being bounced from different foster homes, she has never had stability. She feels unworthy and unwanted. My heart hurt for Kaelyn, I wanted to hug her and tell her that she was strong and she was wanted and she IS important no matter how much she'd deny it. Because dammit, she deserves all
Michelle Krystel
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hands down one of the best books I've read this year. A forbidden relationship is always filled with hotness and so much more!
Nikki
sl.reads
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this taboo romance. Kaelyn's character was relatable. I think we all at one point in our lives felt insecure about ourselves just like Kaelyn does. I loved witnessing Kaelyn's journey on finding her own self worth. It was a great story.
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 STARS.
Priscilla Garcia
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I was waiting for this to release since I read the description and one clicked (pre-order) a few weeks ago. Why because I love age gap books. I am always looking around for books that have this genre. but I am kind of picky of how much the age gap is between the leads. One or two years for me is just normal. A guy who is thirty with a girl who is less than 20 is just gross. For me is more college guy with high school girl (junior or senior).
One of the things I like about this book was the age g
Nikita Parikh
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book sucked me into it right from the start! I mean Kaelyn has been a difficult child because of bouncing from one bad foster home to another. She has always experienced the feeling of being unwanted. And then we have Ean. The sexilicious teacher who just wanted to show Kaelyn that not everyone is the same. But here's the twist. He is the Teacher!!! But he is an incredible person.
All in all I thoroughly enjoyed the book and I look forward to see what happens next. I would whole heartily r
A Bibliophile's World
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teacher-student
* 5 juicy peachy stars *

This book has easily been my favorite for this year. Shana has a way of bringing out the tears from me but also putting smiles and feeling happy for the characters.

This story was about a girl's journey through survival, learning how to love herself, and most of all being able to accept help and love.

Kaelyn Jefferies broke my heart many times. Everything that she went through made me mad that she had to. Every emotion that she felt I felt. I felt her self-doubt, her unwor
Tamara Harrington
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and could not put it down! This was my first book by Shana and she did not disappoint. This story is very intense and has your emotions all over the place, and the worse part is that I loved every second of it! This is more than just a smutty romance and is in fact very intense, the story between Julian and Kaelyn is an age old one but told in a whole new way, putting a fresh spin on it. I look forward to more in this series.
Flo Grugel
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Student /Teacher romances can be a bit hit and miss but I'm pleased to say that this book worked really well, the characters were very likable. Cute romance with a hea.
MillsyLovesBooks
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
*** 5 Well Deserving Stars ***

This Book, this book!! Is there anything Shana Vanterpool can't write?? Every book i've read of hers has left me with so many emotional feelings. Under The Peaches is a heartbreakingly beautiful read about a girl's journey through survival, learning how to love herself, and most of all being able to accept help and love.

The life that Kaelyn has endured so far could be soul destroying but she doesn't let it totally consume and destroy her. She may not have realised
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

Kaelyn flees to her hiding spot to be alone every break time to avoid the bullies at her school, and avoid getting beaten up. When she gets to her hiding place her safe place, she finds someone else hiding too.

Julian Ean is the twenty four year old calculus teacher who is hiding away from his own issues. So imagine his surprise when Kaelyn shows up in his hiding place with a busted lip. He tries to find out what happened but Kaelyn is not use to anyone c
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• I Am Lioness (The Bloodshed Duet, Book 1)
  • From the Ashes - A Forbidden Series Novella
  • Imperfectly Real (A Series of Imperfections, #2)
  • Latte Girl
  • Breaking Giants
  • Famed (Imperfect Love; Friendship, Texas #3.5)
  • Commander in Briefs (Commander in Briefs, #1)
  • Of Winged Creatures & Nesting Grounds
  • Savage Savior (Savage People, #3)
  • Marked by Hades (Bound by Hades, #2)
  • Persistence of Vision (Interchron #1)
  • House Rules (Dossier, #2)
  • Airman to the Rescue (Heroes of Fortune Valley #2)
  • One More Night (Sex, Vows & Babies)
  • Scoring the Quarterback (The San Diegan, #2)
  • An Unwilling Husband
  • Unplugged (Unplugged, #1)
When I walk into a book store I feel at home. When I smell the pages of a brand new book things make sense. When I read I am who I always wanted to be. I read to escape and I write so others can as well. My family, my actress dog Bella, coffee, and a steamy love story are a few of my most precious things. Keep up to date with future releases: https://shanavanterpool.com

Teaching Love (2 books)
  • Above The Stars (Teaching Love, #2)