Start by marking “Vampire Girl (Vampire Girl, #1)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Girl (Vampire Girl, #1)

Vampire Girl

(Vampire Girl #1)

You think it's safe to walk alone at night. It's not.

You think the only threat is other humans. It's not.

Monsters are real. Demons are real. Vampires are real.

And I'm about to become one of them.

My name is Arianna Spero. I was an ordinary girl, living an ordinary life, until my mother lapsed into a coma. Now, I am her only hope. She made a deal with the devil, and on m
Published April 2nd 2016 by Daring Books

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Girl, please sign up.
Karpov Kinrade It's the Vampire Girl series, and book 3, Silver Flame, launches October 31, 2016, Halloween.
Karpov Kinrade So glad you enjoyed it! Book 2, Midnight Star, will be out in just a few weeks. By the end of April. So it won't be long now! :) If you sign up for…moreSo glad you enjoyed it! Book 2, Midnight Star, will be out in just a few weeks. By the end of April. So it won't be long now! :) If you sign up for our newsletter at http://KarpovKinrade.com you'll get an email the moment it goes live.

EDITED to update: Book 3, Silver Flame, launches October 31, 2016. (less)
YA Novels of 2016
1,292 books — 9,626 voters
City of Bones by Cassandra ClareMoon Called by Patricia BriggsHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingVampire Academy by Richelle MeadMagic Bites by Ilona Andrews
The Best Urban Fantasy
3,747 books — 11,339 voters

More lists with this book...

Sh3llraiser (grumpybookgrrrl)

This one is just not doing it for me. DNF at 39%. First of all, I thought I was getting vampires. With a title like Vampire Girl , I thought, you know, it would be about vampires. Silly me.

They're demons.

But they drink blood and have fangs, so they're kind of vampires???

I don't know, it sort of ruined it for me. They are cursed and live in another world that doesn't have technology and I guess some fae are there too who wield magic and the guys are supposed to be hot and alluring?

Plus, the se
Montzalee Wittmann
I did something I rarely do and that is re-read a book. That book is Vampire Girl (Vampire Girl #1) by Karpov Kinrade, a young adult fantasy/romance novel. It was different and fresh in that it had demons/vamps drinking blood. The first time I read it I gave it 3 stars but this time I found it better for some reason and it clicked for me. I really enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't like was that it was a cliff hanger. I had to immediately start reading the next book. I ended up reading all four ...more
I step back and frown. "Right. Of course. That makes perfect sense. Mark of Cain. Hell dimension. Demons. What happens next?" I hold up a hand before he can speak. "No wait, let me guess. You tell me I'm some kind of chosen one and in exchange for my soul or some such nonsense you will save my mom. There's probably a prophecy involved, and some danger, and you think your sexy charms will overcome all that and sway me to your way of thinking, yes? Sorry, dude. I've seen that movie."

Don't you j
Penny
Jan 16, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF 60% in.

It felt like a rough sketch, an outline, not a finished book; too fast, too superficial.
It didn't grip my interest.
JAIME
This felt like every single vampire book that has come out since Twilight. But is this book about Vampires? Or demons? Demons that drink blood?? I don't know, in my mind, vampires and demons are different beings. But, okay.

TBH tho, I'll probably continue with this series, because, cliffhanger. Ugh.

Warning: Annoying heroine. But, wolf boy, Fen, is a babe.
Kriss
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’ll admit, I walked into Vampire Girl thinking “this is going to be horrible; at best, it’ll not be The Worst.” Also, I don’t quite get how this is comparable to Outlander or Twilight except in the most vague of ways (like there’s no time traveling or history, which is the basis of Outlander and the series, and the set-up is vastly different from Twilight, which has no fantasy aspect, just paranormal). But to be honest, by the end of this book, I was nodding my head in satisfaction. Granted, th ...more
Renee
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Quick! What's the 3 words- when combined- that promise unbridled joy and the deepest desires of my heart?!? If you guess anything other than "twilight meets outlander" you clearly don't know me and I'm questioning the future of our book-friendship.

So let's just say when I stumbled upon this story and after reading the description I wiped my social calendar (feed and bath my toddlers) so that I could invest my time where it really matters...reading this book.

Mere hours later and I'm basking in
Kaecee Topolinski
Karpov Kinrade's Vampire girl is a heart wrenching, heart warming thriller great for any reader in love with vampires, wolves, and mysterious characters. I honestly fell in love with the main character and her friends, I could relate with her thoughts and feelings through out the book. I really thought that the characters, and places were very well developed and I recommend it to any one who likes a fast passed thriller with a side of love story and mystery. The authors really put you in the min ...more
Angela Dossett
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Arianna, Future Queen of Hell vs Princes of Hell known as "Seven Deadly Sins"...Whom do you choose?

I've read many books by this author duo, and each time, they have not disappointed me. I have to say, I was literally "Blown Away" when I finished this story, the first of a new series by these "Fabulous" authors.

I've been an avid reader for many years and the one thing I hate is predictability. I want a story that makes me think of endless possibilities of how the story ends or progresses. This s
Torin
May 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNFd. This is a book that is just too simple. It's probably marketed to the thirteen year olds, but I imagine even they would drop this book like a hot potato.

The biggest problem I had was with the writing. I'm not looking for lyrical prose here, but the internal monologue got tedious from the first page. I knew what was exactly going to happen because it's the standard girl-meets-guy routine that's been beaten to death in every YA book ever.

Well, not every YA book, but a fair bit.

I didn't care
Lady
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Welcome To The Darkside

•••Not for the transphobic, homophobic, or closedminded •••

This series must be read in order. This is the first book. I can't wait to read the next one!

Arianna just turned 18 and has made a few decisions for her life. She has put college on hold and decided to work full time at The Roxy so she can pay off their debts and better take care of her mother. It won't set her back that far since she graduated a year early and already has 3 completed semesters of classes... Or so
Ari.Reads
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's 2 AM in the morning and I've consumed this book. It took 14 hours (give or take) and let me tell you I enjoyed the hell out of it. I cannot write a full review right now but I will say this....if you ignore the cover, the title and even the synopsis (it doesn't do it justice) this book isn't a smut book. Yes there's flirting and that look of wanting BUT no hanky panky (not yet at least) the slowest burn to the very end will leave you wanting more. Demons, Fae, Vampires HELLO?!?! And the big ...more
Nathalie*
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Honestly what an awesome book! The whole thing was great! I don't even think I have one negative thing to say about it

Onto book 2 :)
Gal
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
הגעתי לספר הזה בעקבות המלצה חמה של מיטל ומאחר ואני עדיין על אדי ה“צריכה להירגע מכס הזכוכית“, החלטתי לתת לו צ‘אנס. הסינופסיס נשמע מעניין למדי ומסתבר שהספר אכן מצדיק את ההמלצה. מדובר בסדרה של שלושה ספרים, שנכתבה על ידי שני סופרים, בעל ואשה.

אריאנה (ארי) ספארו היא נערה רגילה למדי, שבדיוק הפכה להיות בת 18. עד אותו היום, היא חיה את חייה עם אמה, למדה ועבדה במשרה חלקית כברמנית, על מנת לעזור בכלכלת הבית ובילתה זמן עם חברים. אלא שהכל משתנה עם הגיעה לגיל 18. מישהו עוקב אחריה ושני בחורים צעירים, שהיא לא מכ
Myndi Topolinski
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I saw a post promoting this book on Facebook I had to check it out...upon viewing the trailer, I was hooked and I needed to know more. I was lucky enough to be home to watch TWO live feeds from the author(s) and I knew I had to buy the book. So I did. I was already reading two other books but I just had to put them aside (no offense at all to the other books which are shaping up to be quite good themselves,) because I was just TOO intrigued at the premise of this book. I was NOT disappointe ...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This book Gets a MILLION stars from me! I absolutely loved this book. I thought I was getting a regular Vampire story but what I got was so much more. I mean I don't even know where to start. I started reading it and as I was reading I just could not put it down. When I had to because of family things like cooking and laundry as soon as I was done I started reading again because I just needed no I wanted to know what was happening next.

In this story we meet Arianna who is living a normal life. T
Christina Bauer
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sassy, smart-mouthed heroine gets dragged to Hell (not a shitty spot, in this story) and is pursued (with varying levels of yum and ick) by no less than seven hot demonic princes... Where has this book been all my life?
Carol Suraci
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun read! I read this book in two days. The new spin on vampires and demons will not disappoint.
Jeanny
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cliffhanger ending
D.M.
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I normally hate books with a to be continued ending, but I was so hooked on this story! I can't wait for the next instalment which is another Kindle Unlimited book. Yippee!

7 deadly sins in the form of vampire royalty. Arianna's mum made a deal with the devil, Lucian himself. On Arianna's 18th birthday her mum slips into a coma. Now she must make her own promise. Choose one of Lucian's sons. Arianna has to leave her life behind and start fresh in a new world, the underworld.
Arianna is kind and wa
angela
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You want a GREAT book? Here it is.

If you're looking for an amazing book to read, look no further. This book will hold your attention, with it's twists, turns, never knowing what's going to happen next. It's full of lies, a bit of torture, fighting. There's a princess, 7 princess each with one of the 7 deadly sins.
These Characters are magnificent, all have unique perspectives, and personalities, they're full of depth, most are likeable and all make this story soar off the pages.
This book is s
Jessica (BookRockGoddess) Bolton
This book is fantastic! I enjoyed it so much. I wasn't sure that this was going to be that great but the characters are amazing. The world and the elements in this book make you keep reading. This book draws you in and will not let you stop reading. I am not even sure what to say except if you like books that keep your heart racing and make you want to devour the book in one setting than this is the book for you.
Chloe
May 03, 2016 rated it liked it
You can find my full review on blog here : chloe reads blog
While I liked the idea behind the seven princes of hell, the dialogues, etc... I found that the plot was a bit lacking.
Hopefully the next book will make up for it. I have hope for this series, as I find the idea behind the book interesting.
One thing I did like was that Arianna defended herself and did not take kindly being treated as an inferior because she was a woman, and she would not give into the the princes demands.
Carina
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, fantasy
It was much better than what I expected from "just another vampire story"! So good and not predictable :) 4 stars
Kira
This book needed to decide what the hell it was trying to do with the world building. There were demons whose backstory vaguely resembled fallen angels that were technically vampires that barely ever needed blood. Yet they didn't truly seem like any of them. There was also fae. They could reproduce with vampires so there were blended races. None of these groups had distinctive traits. The fae could use magic but they almost never did so it didn't matter.

Arianna was irritating sometimes. She was
Brittney
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 / 5 stars

A fun, super cheesy, easy, predictable read. I did enjoy this one, and I will probably continue on with the series, but I can't give it any more than 2.5 stars or that would not be an accurate review. I would recommend this as a guilty pleasure read for a reader who is solely reading it for that purpose.

Dalene
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

Arianna Spero was living a normal life (as normal as living paycheck to paycheck can be) when out of nowhere her mom ended up in a coma. No one can explain what happened to her, other than the fact that her mom is taking pain medication for an accident that killed her husband and left Ari terrified of being in cars. Now Ari is unsure what to do with her life, as well as her mom’s life. That is when Asher comes into the picture. Asher is a goo
Theresa
The concept of this book was enticing; an 18 year old "ordinary" girl, Arianna, discovers that she is contractually bound to enter Hell and wed one of the seven princes in order to save her mother's soul...Arianna is a spirited girl with a generous heart who has an innate ability at reading people's personalities and understanding their needs....she becomes taken with the Prince of War, Fenris Vane, who also seems drawn to her and the need to protect her from their enemies...Arianna immerses her ...more
Derek Adams
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Karpov Kinrade is at it again with yet another epic series beginning with Vampire Girl!! Once again choosing a heroine who is more than she seems. Even after finishing the fist book you will know that you've only scratched the surface of who 18 year old Arianna Spero really is, and what makes her so important to the Princes of Hell. This is an amazing fantasy series beginning in now a days Portland, Oregon and spanning into the realms of Hell as Ari ( as Arianna is often called ) tries to fulfil ...more
Anita Foster
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about Arianna Spero, an ordinary girl, who finds out on her 18th Birthday that her mom made a deal with demons from hell and now is in a coma because of it.
The only thing Arianna can do to help her is to promise to marry one of them to save her life, if not she will lose her mom forever.

I was actually really looking forward to reading this as the premise sounded great & just what I love to read, fantasy, vampires & Demons.
The authors did say that it was a cross between "T
Vampire Girl by Karpov Kinrade 2 38 Apr 10, 2016 11:47PM
  • Brokenly Found (Faith, #2)
  • Gargoyle (Woodland Creek)
  • Darkness Descends: A Skye Faden Novel
  • Watercolour Smile (Seraph Black, #2)
  • Reaping Angels
  • Warden (Elemental Paladins, #1)
  • Queen of Blood
  • Playing with Monsters (Playing with Monsters, #1)
  • The Dark Ones (The Dark Ones Saga, #1)
  • Just Her Luck
  • Strictly off Limits (Jade's Diaries, Strictly, #0.5)
  • Walk of Shame (G-Man, Next Generation, #1)
  • Spearwood (Spearwood, #1)
  • Baby's Got Bite (Take It Like a Vamp, #2)
  • The King's Treasure (Totems, #1)
  • The Book of Shade
  • Land of the Beautiful Dead
Karpov Kinrade is the pen name for the husband and wife entertainment duo Lux and Dmytry Karpov-Kinrade, aka The KK Duo.

Together, they write award-winning, internationally and USAT bestselling books, make music, create art, write screenplays and direct -- all the things.

Look for more from Karpov Kinrade in the Vampire Girl series, The Nightfall Chronicles and The Forbidden Trilogy. If you’re looki

Vampire Girl (9 books)
  • Vampire Girl: Copper Snare
  • Midnight Star (Vampire Girl, #2)
  • Silver Flame (Vampire Girl, #3)
  • Moonlight Prince (Vampire Girl #4)
  • First Hunter (Vampire Girl #5)
  • Unseen Lord (Iris and Elias Book 2)
  • Vampire Girl: Crimson Cocktail (Vampire Librarian Book 1)
  • Fallen Star (Vampire Girl #7)
“Dum spiro spero." "'While I breathe, I hope,” 5 likes