Start by marking “Going Down (The Elevator Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Going Down (The Elevator Series #1)

Going Down

(Elevator #1)

The plan for Cici Carrington was to steadily climb UP the corporate ladder, and hopefully do so without her skirt tucked into the back of her underpants. Unfortunately, there was no contingency plan for the aftermath of spending a night trapped in an elevator with a suit-wearing Elevator Sex God named Cole Danvers. A one…or two-time dalliance wouldn’t normally throw off th ...more
Published June 20th 2016

*****4.5 FREAKING HYSTERICAL STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I never thought of myself as a swoony girly-girl, but I was swooning lately. Oh, I was swooning like no one had ever swooned before. Tales of my swooniness would be told for generations. I was probably counterbalancing the women's suffrage movement with how hard I was swooning.

photo 889fda3008d0988e1030f61e1d2f25b5_zpsxlxih8fz.jpg

Honestly, I had never heard of Katherine Stevens before I picked up this book, but now after having finished it, this woman is definitely going to
Evgeny
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Evgeny by: Patty Belongs To Kellan~Jesse~Lautner~Miller~Garrett~Dean~Rafe~Liam~Prince Nicholas~Gianluca & Archer
Shelves: romance
Mr. Bean
Move over Mr. Bean. There is a new girl in town and when it comes to disasters she is a professional. Cici Carrington creates them out of thin air without even trying. Each chapter of the book is titled Cici vs. something/somebody. She never fails to deliver.

Anyhow Cici is a mid-level manager of a small company. The book starts with a big corporation swallowing the said company whole and the resulting restructuring. Last day in the new office was over for Cici and she took the elevator down to
Jen
4 Elevator Lovin' Stars

Me through most of my time spent with this book.

And my judgy family as I made my way through Going Down

Cici and Cole were a stellar mix of hilarious and steamy but be warned, the instalove is strong between these two. Any man that can laugh off accidentally being set on fire in an oiled up Chewbacca costume while attempting to get down and dirty with his woman is aces in my book.

Folks looking for subtle humor may have to look elsewhere for their good time book, but this wa
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers looking for a good laugh
3,75 laughing stars

Do you need a funny read? One giving similar vibes as “The Heat” with Sandra Bullock or “Hangover”? Well you’ll love Going Down. This book was a gathering of blunders with the clumsy main character collecting all the faux pas you can imagine.

photo cbe4af8d-f0cf-4398-8b02-a11a0f963ba1_zpsodlrxsyh.jpg

Let me introduce you to the cast:

The main character: Cici.
 photo 88c966b7-4404-4d70-9f69-ac435fea8a37_zpsz2kpsrzm.jpg
Wild dark hair, single living with her beloved cat (see below) she has many funny quirks and among others she yells the name of one of the American presidents while coming. A real
Carol
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Funny and silly romantic comedy with some really great and witty banter.
Cici's dialogue was extremely funny (especially her inner dialogue) along with her best friend Maggie and not to mention Leroy the cat. I love that she gets into messes so often that she simply states "there was an incident "and you generally get the idea from what has already happened in the story so far.
The "incident" with the fire in her apartment (second time) had me laughing really hard. If you don't take this book too
Mila Rossi
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This made me laugh so hard at times, I peed myself a little. At first I thought there were too many funny parts (how is that a bad thing?), but then the writing style started to grow on me. Maybe I was just in a better mood reading it. The reason for minusing one star is because the sex scenes were more fleshed out than more important ones, making it feel as though the couple was more in lust than in love. Overall, a great, funny read though. I'll be looking out for more by this author.
Debra Anastasia
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Comedy is hard. It’s not easy. Doing it differently than everyone else is even harder. So hard.

Stevens is hilarious. I’m not even kidding. This story astounded me. Because she created new funny. She’s smart funny, too. But she dragged jokes out of her head and hands that no one has done before.

The plot is tight. The characters are on point. Cici is the main character that you will connect with on a sharing to much information on a late night drink kind of level. The laughing out loud is real. T
Alissa
Dec 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-ebooks
This story has its moments, at least, the protagonist could run for “best of bloopers” on YouTube, but while I love clever badinage (emphasis on clever) and hilarious, over-the-top romances, I'm not a fan of cringy insta-lust-insta-love-off-the-charts-libido stories.

When I pick a romance novel I want a quick read and a palate-cleanser, I’m not looking for the next literary masterpiece so as long as it's fun, grammatical, the sex scenes are decent and the heroine has a modicum of self-respect, I'
Malene
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I expected to laugh but I didn't expect it to be from start to finish. Going Down was a riot. I don't think, to my recollection, that I've actually laughed so hard that it resulted in tears but it happened while I read this. At one point I almost choked on my coffee!

Cici, the female lead character, was a funny woman with verbal diarrhea. I enjoyed her so much. She had her quirks such as yelling former presidential names when she climaxed, yes I'm not kidding and it was hilarious! Her roommate w
Josiane
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a very enjoyable cute comedy.

I pick these up when I need to break up my erotica, dom/alpha, romance reading preference.

It's exactly what I expected it to be. I laughed, I cried laughed and then I laughed some more. I like smart comedy and this book crosses over into silly and slapstick a little too often for my taste but as a whole I liked it a lot. Cole was perfect (sigh, swoon) but Cici the heroine was a bit too much of an airhead a lot of the times for me to rate this 5 stars.

It
Algernon (Darth Anyan)
[5/10]

Nice going, Cici. You just porked your new assistant right in the damn company elevator.

Well, this was fun! ... for about 20 pages or so, but then the jokes became repetitive and the vivacious Cici turned into a whimpering damsel without an ounce of self-esteem or self-reliance. I picked this novel up to read on a long trip and to enjoy some harmless fun with scandalous office romance. That's exactly what the novel delivers, with a lot of funny, if often cringeworthy one-liners:

I swear,
Juanita
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 "There was an incident" stars

I defintley liked Cole a lot!! This one is a cute funny office romance read.
[image error]
elevator kiss2 photo elevator kiss 2_zpsqdkdjneu.gif

Cole tapped on my open door as he walked in. "Mind if I come in?"
"Not at all, Mr. Danvers. Please come in for a completely professional meeting between two employees." I spoke entirely louder than necessary.
The door clicked behind him. "I'm certain that threw everyone off our scent."
Deniz
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: my Girls- you know who you are!
Recommended to Deniz by: Dhini
I had high hopes for this one, because it sounds really cute.
And to be honest it's quite well written, there is some quirky fun banter. I liked Cole a lot. I just don't get to super dizzy and over the top clumsy heroine parts, they for some reason never work for me. The chemistry is great, but the insta-lust was just too much for me. In fact the office tumbles- every other page- kinda started working on my nerves.
Some of the banter was just a tad to quirky for me. It felt a bit like it was try
Ally
Jan 12, 2017 marked it as dnf
Man flute? Lady garden? You were reaching for laughs, dear author. And that's where you lost me.
D.G.
Jul 23, 2017 marked it as dnf
DNFed at 55%

At the beginning this was fun but after a while, I couldn't take it. SO OVER THE TOP!!! The crazy euphemisms for their private parts didn't help.
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
3.5* OTT funny stars
This is essentially an office romance however you could not put this baby in a box. It is the over the top crazy life of a girl her wacky best friend and sexy male assistant. Not much I can say about this one without telling the whole story as there is not much substance but what there was, was very funny and entertaining.
Your vocabulary of the human genital area will grow if you read this as I think the author tried to cram in as many different names for the areas as she co
Dhini
5 I couldn't stop laughing out loud STARS
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This book was hilarious
I loved every single page of it
I loved all of the characters
It was refreshing and beautifully written
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
description

“Life is complicated. If you can find someone who wants to walk with you through all of this mess, then that’s the most uncomplicated thing there is. All the rest of it is just noise.”

You know when a book answers how you’re feeling by taking you where you desperately need to go? Well Going Down did just that. It picked us up and took us up, up and away. We needed to laugh, swoon, laugh and yeah laugh. This book delivered a story that was light, low on angst, high on humour and so easy to read
Red Cheeks Reads
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
“Damn you and damn the way you wear a suit!’

I love a romantic comedy and it is clear from the beginning that Katherine Stevens is a very funny lady. Going Down is deliciously sexy and wickedly fun. For a debut novel this story was well written and very entertaining, Cici and Cole have an instant attraction when stuck in a broken elevator together and that instant attraction turned into a instant hook up. all is well and good until Cici finds out that Cole is her new assistant making her his bo
Nomims
Jan 18, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5 stars

A friend talked to me about this one and what sold me out was that she described it as full of sarcasm and very funny stuff.

And it was very funny indeed !! I laughed a lot and i fell easily into the story because the writing was engaging. Cole was the perfect man : funny, smart and of course sexy ^^ I really liked Cici too she was a bit crazy but still endearing.

My big pet peeve though is the name calling of genital parts during sexy scenes, that just was weird lol. After a while it bec
Squallogal
Jun 22, 2016 rated it liked it
This author is lovely but unfortunately the story wasn't great. I didn't warm to the characters. They felt forced and one-liner-ish. The constant rehash joke of naming his cock was awful. It felt like a first time fanfic. The plot seemed rushed, especially at the end. Had no emotional depth due to its formulaic structure and plastic characters.

What could be done better. I'll definitely give this author another go. Just this story was not what I had hoped for. The characters need to be developed
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
Going Down is so awesome!! It’s hilarious, romantic and sexy as hell!! Katherine Stevens has won a special spot in my collection of Rom-Com authors, her writing style is clever and funny, she created awesome characters, Cece and Cole were perfect for each other, and Leroy the cat is the best—I wonder if Leroy would be friends with Steve The Cat from the Ginazule Series by Debra Anastasia *chuckles*—and the storyline in this book was so fascinating and one ending I didn’t see coming at all. Well ...more
HeatherP
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This book was exactly what I needed after a few heavy hitters with cliff hangers. It's light and funny and the humor was on point the entire time.

Cici is a great leading lady. She fun, smart, laid back and her internal dialog makes me feel like I'm not crazy. Her best friend Maggie is someone we all want for a friend. She was so love-able and full of sass. These two are definitely ones you want to hang out with.

Cole, man I wish we could have more of him. I would of loved to have gotten his POV
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
5 Stars: Kindle Unlimited Read
My absolute favorite and will read again and again. I strongly recommend! It has outstanding qualities. The characters are wonderful and surprising and multi-dimensional. The writing is luring, engaging, and well-crafted enough to keep me interested from cover to cover and beyond. The plot is astonishing with twists and turns weaved into a well thought and planned story. There’s no pretense and romance was well balanced and done entirely correctly with properly di
Paula Radell
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Run...do not walk...do not stop on your way....just RUN to your local Amazon (or other) account and order Going Down. Now. I laughed until I cried, then cried until I laughed. This book has it all. It's sooo sexy, sooo funny, but also a little bit angsty, and altogether unexpected. I loved every word of every scene. The characters will go straight to your heart. You don't want to miss this sexy, hilarious, totally satisfying story. Katherine has secured her place as a one-click author for me. Th ...more
Wenny (Wendy A)
Jun 20, 2016 rated it liked it
At times the book was rather funny...and I loved that about it. But there was just too many 'incidents' with the lead character Cici...And it was just too cheesy for me. Cute if you like this sort of thing
Susan (susayq ~)
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars

This was laugh out loud funny! Cici was a hoot and Cole was precious. My only complaint is that Cici had tons of names for their private parts and it got a little old. Other than that, this was perfect :)

Camille Adams
DNF at 39%

Too much hijinks, too much WASP-y yuppieness, too little story.

The constant, nearly slapstick shtick became fatiguing.
Lauren R.
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing

And as soon as I started reading, I was hooked!

Katherine Stevens delivers straight up comedy with extra side of sexy!

Cici & Cole are my new favorite couple.

Their story was a headboard banging fun ride that I did not want to end.

I enjoyed the tons of hilarious and ridiculous comedic dialogue between Cici & her best friend Maggie.

The things they did and discussed easily had my cherries bursting from tons of laughter.

And I will
Pelusa Rivera
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had read this months ago, and while browsing thru books I found that their was more to this series, soooo I had to read again to refresh my memory and unfortunately for me I had forgotten how I truly enjoyed this book, it is hilarious. Cici and Cole were awesome together, I loved them..It would have been a tragedy had they stayed separated. They belonged together and their chemistry was great. Cici's friend Maggie was crazy in the best sense..Please read you will be happy you did. Enjoy!!
Goodreads Librari...: Adding a book to my profile 3 14 Jul 15, 2016 11:56AM
  • New York to Tijuana
  • Downtown Devil (Sins in the City, #2)
  • #1 Crush (#1 Series, #1)
  • The Education of Sebastian & The Education of Caroline (The Education of..., #1-2)
  • Beautiful Dangerous
  • Sinful Abandon (Abandon Collection 4)
  • Walk of Shame (G-Man, Next Generation, #1)
  • Return to Grace Street (Chapter 8, #2)
  • Under the Bleachers
  • Operation Foreplay
  • Jumping the Fence (OC Pride, #1)
  • Him or Me (A Bite-Sized Romance #2)
  • The Catching Kind (Brew Ha Ha #3)
  • How Not To Fall (Belhaven, #1)
  • Wicked in His Arms (Wedded by Scandal, #2)
  • Junkyard Dog (White Horse #1)
  • Ray of Hope (Ray #2)
  • The Other C-Word (In Other Words, #1)

Elevator (2 books)