Start by marking “Rotten Ralph's Rotten Christmas” as Want to Read:
Rotten Ralph's Rotten Christmas

Rotten Ralph's Rotten Christmas (Rotten Ralph)

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  65 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Rotten Ralph is not at all nice to the Christmas visitor.
Published September 21st 1987 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Rotten Ralph's Rotten Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rotten Ralph's Rotten Christmas

Mandy J. Hoffman
Jun 17, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
Why would I want to read a book called "Rotten Ralph" to my children? This book ended up in our home when I let the girls pick out their own library books. Abby and I actually read it and then had a good talk about how selfish and naughty Ralph was. She did conclude that he was nicer at the end...but why read a book that you have to have a debriefing over? We will not be reading any more of these.
Dolly
Aug 16, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
I didn't really enjoy this book all that much, but it has a decent message about jealousy and not being mean to guests. I can see the appeal to children, but both the narrative and illustrations seem too flat to me. Our youngest really liked it and asked to read it again, so I suppose I'll up my rating to three stars from two.
Patsi Trollinger
Sep 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
On a day when I was depressed regarding just about everything, I checked out this Rotten Ralph book and found myself laughing out loud. It made me feel better just to know that Ralph had the chance to tie an irritating goody two-shoes cat to the railroad track (not to worry; Percy always survives). Maybe it's the art, but something about this series totally lifts my spirit.
Jackie
Rotten Ralph gets quite jealous when Percy, the cat, comes to stay. Percy's a nice, docile cat, not like Ralph at all. Now...Ralph is acting up even more! What will Sarah do? Just when she's at her wit's end, Percy's owner returns to pick him up. WheW! Rotten Ralph isn't so Rotten after all.
Kirsten (lush.lit.life)
Dec 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
my kids didn't get this book - they're nice people and he's a rascally cat. they looked perplexed like "where is the moral lesson in this? what's the take away message about being kind to others?" but i love it - i guess i'm not as nice :) 5 words: percy on the train tracks. priceless.
Tricia
Dec 22, 2009 rated it liked it
Ralph the cat is up to no good when Percy comes to stay at his house. He sabotages, tricks and torments the visitor...thinking that he is there to stay. But is he?
Kaethe
Jul 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-aloud
Spoiler alert: Christmas isn't entirely rotten, just a little bit
Joe
Dec 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
Read this for our tradition Christmas advent calendar book. Did not care for this one. Have never read a Rotten Ralph book before, so maybe it's just my unfamiliarity with Ralph.
Mckinley
Apr 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: picture, christmas, cat
Maybe I read it in the wrong mood. I didn't like the story (themes are better handled in other books) or the illustrations.
JoDean
Dec 19, 2008 rated it liked it
Read this again this year.

Silly.

Ralph is rather a creepy cat but for Sarah, love is blind.

Every child I've read this to loves Ralph also.
Paula
Dec 15, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: pic
Rotten Ralph is just that-rotten! Percy is a good natured cat visiting, but Ralph was not informed. Still Ralph is rotten!
Georgiana
Feb 19, 2013
Sadie
Apr 11, 2010
Michele
rated it did not like it
Dec 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Jack Gantos is an American author of children's books renowned for his portrayal of fictional Joey Pigza, a boy with ADHD, and many other well known characters such as Rotten Ralph, Jack Henry, Jack Gantos (memoirs) and others. Gantos has won a number of awards, including the Newbery, the Newbery Honor, the Scott O'Dell Award, the Printz Honor, and the Sibert Honor from the American Library Associ ...more
More about Jack Gantos...

Rotten Ralph (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Rotten Ralph
  • The Nine Lives of Rotten Ralph
  • Back to School for Rotten Ralph
  • Worse Than Rotten, Ralph (Rotten Ralph (Paperback))
  • Rotten Ralph's Trick or Treat