Start by marking “First and First (Five Boroughs, #3)” as Want to Read:
First and First (Five Boroughs, #3)

First and First

(Five Boroughs #3)

Caleb Stone was raised on the Upper East Side, where wealth and lineage reigns, and “alternative lifestyles” are hidden. It took him years to come out to his family, but he’s still stuck in the stranglehold of their expectations. Caleb knows he has to build his confidence and shake things up, but he doesn’t know how… until Oliver Buckley enters the picture.

Oli is everythin
Published April 18th 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about First and First, please sign up.
Gina http://elliereadsfiction.blogspot.cz/... This interview gives a feeling there might be more than 5 books in the end, actually. Though idk, maybe it's…morehttp://elliereadsfiction.blogspot.cz/... This interview gives a feeling there might be more than 5 books in the end, actually. Though idk, maybe it's just my wishful thinking ;)(less)

Santino Hassell
Jan 16, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: written-by-me

FIRST AND FIRST comes out in a couple of weeks, and I guess you can say I'm nervous. Why? Because it's different from the first two 5B books. It moves away from blue collar characters of Queens and Brooklyn, and to wealthy guys living pretty privileged lives in Manhattan.

It's about two men who were raised in, and damaged by, the world of NYC's wealthy 1%. Two guys who should have everything at their fingertips because of their status, but who each have baggage preventing them from finding love.
~Mindy Lynn~
HOLY HOTTNESS!

This book took the sexy times to the next level from the previous books.

Oliver....

I mean damn! That boy was all kinds of dirty. The good kind.

All that dirty talk....

LOL

OK, seriously. THIS BOOK! I was so set on not loving it. Caleb came off as such a big douche in the last book that I just couldn't fathom liking him let alone end up loving the guy. But I did. Then there was Oliver who came off as a bad friend and a bit of a slut. But he was my favorite of the two! I know! Santo's
Megan Erickson
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Is there where I evil laugh and tell everyone I read this book already? Because I did. And it's fucking awesome.

Caleb is that character who doesn't have fucks to give anymore, really. He doesn't put on airs. He's tired of it all and he's not afraid to admit it. And Oli. Oh, mysterious, sexy Oli. He's really the only one who can make Caleb happy. Make him stand up for himself. And together, the sex is fucking fireworks. I loved this story so much, everything about it. This whole series is so god
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Not even 3 months and I had to reread this book. Such a wonderful book, I'll never be over this couple 12/1/17

5 stars!

“There's not one way to to live or to love, and whoever tries to tell you any different will probably be dead in a decade or two anyway, so screw them!”

Santino Hassell has easily become one of my favorite authors in the last year, and it's because he delivers amazing books like this one! First and First is everything I never knew I wanted.

First and First is about Caleb, a t
Nazanin
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, 2016
4 Stars

Caleb is in his late thirties, unemployed, single and without close friends. On New Year’s Eve, he was so devastated and depressed, especially after seeing his ex with his new boyfriend. When the countdown started, completely out of the blue, his prince kissed him but too bad Caleb was drunk to properly remember the next morning!

It was a good read and I liked it! I liked both Caleb and Oli! Both characters were insecure; one afraid of opening up to someone and the other one scared of taki
.Lili.
Rating removed.

Original review under spoiler. (view spoiler)
DW
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5+++ stars

First and First is my favorite in the series so far!!

photo A2080571-4CDE-4D5B-91A2-8C3200344FB8_zpsmcstuuip.gif

photo AE9CD07E-A8F2-4C12-A455-8EE511979454_zpsovmgalai.jpg

We first met Oli in book two briefly as David's friend. So I wasn't sure how I was going to like him. Turns out, I really like him. He loves sex with several people at a time and pretty much does what he wants. He does not want a monogamous relationship but he really enjoys bringing Caleb out of his shell. He has a dirty mouth and is so good at rocking Caleb's world.

photo F9D7B56E-B836-47AD-8DD0-7F8F41EB8AC5_zpsk1zofghz.jpg

Caleb was David's ex. He was a bit of a downer. He was no fun an
Alisa
Oct 19, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Review deleted because the author may have have misrepresented themselves as ownvoices and accepted cash gifts from fans under potentially false pretenses.

Statement from publisher

Dia
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dia by: I~❤️~Books
5 BIG stars

I loved it!

The sex scenes were absolutely awesome! What can I say, Santino Hassell is sooo good at describing!!! I think I could read hundreds and hundreds of pages full of hotness and never get bored!

The beginning of the book made me smile. Caleb being so cold and uptight, but he did such an unexpected thing: get really drunk and had a crazy one night stand with a stranger - well not exactly a stranger, but he completely lost it and everything he did was so NOT him!

Oliver - Oli
Jaime
Jan 02, 2016 marked it as no-no-cuz-reasons  ·  review of another edition
Review and Rating Removed
Ulysses Dietz
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First and First (Five Boroughs series, #3)
By Santino Hassell
Five stars

I’m giving Santino Hassell five stars for being a unique voice in gay romance. As a bi man, he clearly understands some gay reality first hand. He’s also a fantastic writer, and creates intense, vivid characters. Moreover, in a world where I grow ever wearier of rote, perfunctory sex scenes, Santino makes it all about the emotional underpinnings. This book pushes into some sexual territory that might make people uncomfortable,
Shile
Rating removed

*******************************************************

Bumped to 5 stars.

I enjoyed this. My first read did not go so well I guess it was coz I was coming from Rayvid high. This time round I actually connected with Caleb and Oli.

Caleb Stone and Oliver Buckley these two have some serious daddy issues. Caleb’s insecurities were real and I felt sorry for him, he is a loner and doesn’t have many friends except for Charles. He is just a simple guy who wants to love and be loved.

Oli on t
Judith
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5+ Stars

"You're so sexy," Oli panted."And you don't even know it,and that just makes me want to destroy you.Take you apart and fuck you until you're trembling and begging and saying my name"

This series just gets better and better.This Author is becoming my favourite M/M Author.

I really didn't know what to expect from Caleb and Oli's story and while I've really enjoyed each book so far,this is definitely my favourite.Nunzio from Sutphin Boulevard is still one of my all time favourite Male cha
Jeanne
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jeanne by: *J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 stars!

"You're the guy I feel all of the feelings for."

This is a great series! I love when an author can take a flawed character I wasn't so sure about and change my mind. Oli and Caleb were perfect together. I'm glad I read the series in order, but I don't think you have to...this book could stand alone because the other characters weren't in it very much. It's one of the best MM series I've read, loved it!

Dani
I read this book a while ago but I had completely forgotten to review and to rate it.

Another amazing romance story from Santino. I didn’t know I was going to love it so much but Caleb hooked me from the very beginning and believe me when I say I didn’t see that coming because I hated him from Sunset Park. I thought he was a pretentious prick but Oh.My.God.
I just clicked with him so fast… I guess it was a combination of Santino’s amazing writing style and Caleb’s thoughts. His pain and the way
Line
Because of GR rules: http://riptidepublishing.com/a-statem...
See comments for the rest.
Vanessa North
Did a beta back in November--looking forward to reading the final version and writing a proper review then.

Until then--I'm just going to say YES, you want to read it. :)
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
[review and rating removed]
BR11
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kinky, mm, hot-sex
5 stars.

I loved this one by Santino. In a genre so full of mediocre and plainly bad books, his writing sparkles like a diamond in the bright sunshine.

In this one, the third of his Five Boroughs series, we see Caleb’s redemption. And what a redemption it is. From the previous books, Caleb comes through as an assholish character, someone to dislike. In this book, we see through Caleb’s armor and his true inner self. We see Caleb the good friend, Caleb the honorable person and Caleb, the man who’s
Elsbeth

*REVIEW AND RATING REMOVED*

Because of THIS I don't feel comfortable anymore for keeping my reviews up.
Mel
Jan 02, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This sucks.
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Favorite of the series!

Santino Hassell may just be my favorite MM author. There's just something about his writing. His words. His story-telling. And boy can he write some hot sex! Hands down some of the best!

These aren't even "hearts and flower" romances. They're raw and emotional. They're messy.

But...

Santino's characters aren't perfect. They're flawed. They're bruised....rich or poor. Yeah we went to a different borough for this book but the road for Caleb and Oliver wasn't any eas
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
Rating removed. Review under spoiler tag.

(view spoiler)
CrabbyPatty
Holy crap .... I loved this book. My favorite (so far) of the Five Boroughs series. I loved how Santino Hassell reinvented ... rehabilitated ... wrote his ass off to flesh out Caleb, a pretty universally despised guy in the series, and showed us his insecurities, his desire to love and be loved, his tone-deafness in relationships AND gave him a well-deserved HEA. And Oli .... omifuckingawd. Mere words don't do justice ...
Karen
May 24, 2017 marked it as read-mm-audible  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books-read
Rating & review removed

• Love and the Real Boy (Coming About #2)
  • Last Man Standing (Southern Scrimmage, #5)
  • Where We Left Off (Middle of Somewhere, #3)
  • Noah
  • Resistance
  • Black Hurricane (Boston Boys, #3)
  • Fast Connection (Cyberlove, #2)
  • A Long Time Coming (Perfect Timing #2)
  • The Interludes (In the Company of Shadows, #3)
  • Brave & Beautiful (Sassy Boyz, #3)
  • Special Forces - Soldiers (Special Forces, #1)
  • Inferno
  • Kage Unleashed (Kage Trilogy, #2)
  • Glitterland (Glitterland, #1)
  • Daylight Again (Hell or High Water, #3)
Santino Hassell was raised by a conservative family but grew up to be a smart-mouthed, school cutting grunge kid, a transient twenty-something, and eventually transformed into a grumpy introvert and unlikely romance author with an affinity for baseball caps. His novels are heavily influenced by the gritty, urban landscape of New York City, and his desire to write relationships fueled by intensity ...more

Five Boroughs (8 books)
  • Sutphin Boulevard (Five Boroughs, #1)
  • Sunset Park (Five Boroughs, #2)
  • Interborough (Five Boroughs, #4)
  • Concourse (Five Boroughs, #5)
  • Citywide (Five Boroughs, #6)
  • North Shore (Five Boroughs, #7)
  • Cross Island (Five Boroughs, #8)
“...There's not one way to to live or to love, and whoever tries to tell you any different will probably be dead in a decade or two anyway, so screw them!” 4 likes
“...these guys hate to be rejected. They think they've already found their place on Mt. Olympus. Your resting bitch face is reminding them that they're mortals.” 3 likes