Start by marking “Colin” as Want to Read:
Colin

Colin

Beauty is his obsession ...

Colin:

It started with the mannequin heads.
They were my escape, my solace, my companions in the darkness.
But the day came when they weren't enough. That's when I started taking the girls.
But Avery? She's not like the others.
She's beautiful -- so beautiful -- but I can't hurt her.
I need to keep her with me ... forever.

Avery:

He should terr
Published April 1st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Colin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Colin

Start your review of Colin
Julie
Wow this rating is kind of hard for me.

This is the first serial killer related book that I've ever read that the main focus IS THE SERIAL KILLER. Of course I've read many dark reads but not like this. It was very thoroughly written IMO.
Collin was a well developed character but to me Avery fell short. Normally it's not a big deal for me, but there was really no explanation of her background that allowed me to understand her
acceptance of a serial killer like it's no big deal. It's not impossible b
Danielle Harris
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a really good book. I do recommend this book it is a little creepy, and overall good read However this is a soft dark romance.
Shannon Davison
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a truly dark story. It was so twisted, like nothing I've ever read from Stella Noir yet. I just couldn't put it down until the last page. Then I sat there thinking WTF did I just read? I really want to read Landon's story now. I actually can't wait to read more like this from Stella and JB. They make me like dark and twisted. Grab yourself a copy to read.
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Tiffany
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first audiobook I've ever listened to and wasn't sure what to expect. I thought the narrator did a great job. Although it took some getting used to hearing the female narrator try to sound like male characters, she was able to make enough differences in her voice that I was able to tell which "character" was talking.

As far as the story goes, you need to heed the warning in the blurb. This is definitely "a dark romance with violent and unsettling themes of an adult nature that some ma
Kerry
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one certainly has creep factor and certainly pushes the boundaries of darkness. Colin is actually quite a loveable serial killer once you get past the creepy, serial killer qualities! I know, kind of funny but, you can see how Avery falls for him and wants him to be more than he is and see himself as she sees him.

Again, I didn't love this one as much as I have other of JB's works but again, this one is worth the read if you like your romances with dark, twisty elements that at times make y
Nicole Hamilton
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed it.

Even read it twice. It’s a sweet killer story if you can call it thought. Kinda insta love. A lot of internal dialogue. Author works hard to make them seem like good guys even though they kill people. But it seems to work if you over look it and just want a sweet love story.
Ashley Hedden
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Colin by J.B. Duvane was a great dark read. Colin is a very twisted person that you hope will change his ways and redeem himself. Avery is a naive girl who finds herself falling for her captor. I enjoyed reading this book and seeing if Colin could find his happily ever after.
Debbie
Apr 22, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm not real sure what I just read or how to rate this book so I'm gonna rate it in the middle. Colin was a messed up character and I didn't care for or like Avery at all. But like a car crash, I couldn't seem to look away and kept right on reading. I therefore guess it's fair to give it a couple of stars simply because it kept my attention long enough to finish it.

Oddly, I liked Colin well enough - although the man's this serial murderer who reminds me of that dude from the movie Silence of th
Megan (BookWifeReviews)
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-e-book
Well... I should have expected this being as the title says "A Serial Killer Romance" but I didn't. I enjoy a darker romance every once in awhile but I like them mixed with really hot dark sex. This book didn't have that. SO I was a little disappointed by that. It was just straight serial killer mixed with a little insta love.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the book. Colin was one of the best written characters I have read in awhile. They did a phenomenal job writing his mind. He had the min
H.R.
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
I was really excited to start this book and it started off well enough. It was getting pretty interesting, then about half way through it seemed like the book reached its climax and basically just flatlined from there.
After a certain point I was reading faster and skipping over whole pages so I could just finish it and move on.
Jane Stopes
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was a little strange to start, I know Colin is a serial killer with a obsession of beauty and for me it dragged on to long before we got any naughty bits lol. Avery is his neighbor and Colin has an obsession over her, although only meeting once and spying on her through her bedroom window. It's not as dark as I'd have liked lol I mean apart from being a killer that's it, no real details as to what Colin did to his victims. I feel it's tame, a good read but the most exciting thing I fel ...more
Corene
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
I couldn't really get into this book. The story line went so fast and just jumped so hard. One second Im meeting a new character and the next she's making a best friend and I just felt like the time line was messed up. I didnt feel like the two main characters were in love, I didnt see how they fit together and the story itself really didnt build to anything. It was just a straight line.

Maybe its just not my type of story, I made it through the book at least but that's about all I can say about
Tammy
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great dark read. Colin is beautiful on the inside but broken on the inside. Avery moves into a new into a new place and started college. She is intrigued by her new neighbor but never imagined she could become one of his victims. This is a fast paced, drama filled read. Colin is one of those character you know you should hate but can’t because there is good in him. I really enjoyed delving Colin’s mind.
Cassie Hess-dean
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It was so refreshing to see how Avery looked at the world and her perspective of people. Even though this was a dark romance, the yucky stuff took a backseat to the good stuff. Colin may have done some really bad things and had a horrible childhood, but his first meeting with Avery started to change his way of thinking. Will Avery be able to help Colin see the good in himself? Or will she become his next victim?
ARC provided for honest review
Tammy Wilborn
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Umm.. You know, I liked it. It was a first book of this type that I read. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it. Then I remembered it is just a book. Colin was a wounded man. He had many issues that made him do the things be did.

The book kept my interest, I enjoyed it. I would read this author again.

Christine
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC review For honest review. I don't normally read this kind of stuff, but it was good very dark or ok sick. Colin is a serial kill of women and even his friend is a serial killer .Avery changes a lot of things ,but let's just say read this it's really good but messed up .I also got this as a audible wow I loved the reader and listen again it's even better on audible.
Beth Morris
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow

This was one hell of a book. A little different from what I normally read but, still a very good book. I don't know gowns would react if someone that I was into was actually a serial killer.
Jan Hoskins
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
New for me

I've never read this kind of storyline before so I thought I would give it a try I'm glad I did I found it to be a really good read tastefully done and I will read more by the two authors
Akansha
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!
This is my first dark read and I really really like it.
I never knew I could be into serial killer romances. infact I didn't even know they existed.
I will be looking forward to more in this genre definitely and more from the author.
Sheena Roberts
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I HAVE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE THIS BOOK
Frances Demartinez
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

When you start reading this book, you start to really enjoy reading the story you have to finish reading the book
Becca Mitchell
May 30, 2016
Michelle Um
Jul 18, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Heavier The Chains...
  • Provoking the Enemy (The Enemy #4)
  • Battling the Enemy  (The Enemy #3)
  • Captive of the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #1)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Torture to Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes, #2)
  • Pretty Prize
  • Deviant (Deviant, #1)
  • Mist's Edge (The Broken Lands, #2)
  • Pieces of Us
  • His Obsession
  • Hunter
  • Booke of the Hidden (Booke of the Hidden #1)
  • Splintered Hearts
  • Conquering A Black Soul
  • Splintered Hearts: Harper & Kain's Story
  • One Temptation
  • Heart of Sin
Stella Noir is a new voice of dark romance. She loves everything forbidden, and enjoys pushing the limits of what readers enjoy. Her hope is to show readers the good in the bad.

If you have comments, suggestions, or just want to get in touch, e-mail Stella at authorstellanoir@gmail.com.

To sign up for her mailing list and be up to date with new releases, head to: http://eepurl.com/blxeCb

News & Interviews