Start by marking “Goodnight (Broken Heart, #4)” as Want to Read:
Goodnight (Broken Heart, #4)

Goodnight

(Broken Heart #4)

Life is pain.

That is the reality Goodie has had to accept since she was nine years old. Even before the night her childhood shattered she was never normal: her mind can process people and situations at lightning speed, she has the ability to recall anything she sees or hears with perfect clarity, she can separate from herself if she needs to – making her difficult to tort
Published April 28th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Goodnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goodnight

Rachel K
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it

Loved Goodie! So glad she got a story. She's definitely a survivor and I think Nick was the perfect match for her :)
Hollie
~4.5 star~

Talk about a badass heroine...........Goodie was that and then some. This was an action packed read and the romance between the hero and heroine was slow building and well executed. This made for a fast and intense read. The epilogue was amazing!!!!!
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
I liked the 3 previous Susie Tate books I've read (4 stars for series: Sticks and Stones, Broken Heart Syndrome, and Beyond Repair.) This one is a little different. This one has a Salt vibe to it. While it has heavier themes, it is not too dark though. There is a feel good element to this one as opposed to some of the dark, gritty, intense books I sometimes read.

I liked Goodie (h) and I rooted for her the whole way. Nick (H) is wealthy and spoiled, but is written as likeable. I liked Nick's fami
Alison
I don't know how I missed the release of this, the fourth book in the Broken Heart series, earlier this year. This book features the chilling all-round-baddass Goodnight, a Russian private security operative who works with Sam (from Beyond Repair).

Nick Chambers and his eccentric but brilliant business partner Ed have developed an alternative energy source. Nick seems to spend his time trying to compensate for the idiotic actions of his bumbling cousin Bertie (think Bertie Wooster) and Ed's other
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen

Blurb:

Life is pain.

Alexa
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**received from author in exchange for an honest review**

A great story for Goodnight, I had been rooting for her since Broken Heart Syndrome!

Goodie really lived up to the reputation she gained in the previous three S.T. books and then some. I found also that the way in which Goodies dialogue was written, you could almost feel her Russian accent coming through and was very cleverly done.
A definite 5 stars from me, the feelings between Goodie and Nick were realistic and a nice build-up. The amou
Susie
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great read by Susie Tate. Love Goody she is one strong, loyal, beautiful woman. A survivor who learns how to live with the help of Nick, our hero and all the beautiful characters who love her. Loved it.
Dr. Bronwyn Ph.D of Smutology
My favourite of the series!!
Elisa Wang
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was out of the world awesome!!!!!! Like, 6 starts awesome!

Omg, I'm still smiling like an idiot after finishing this book.
First of all, "Goodnight" was the perfect alpha heroine + alpha hero = who will win?
I loved everything about this book.

Goodie, who we get to know in the previous books, is a badass woman. She had to suffer unimaginable things as a child, things that made her who she is in the present. She's a hard and tough woman, a trained killer, who has distanced her from everything o
Norv
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the best

Wow. One of the best books I've read in a while and I read a lot of books. I had a problem for a few chapters after it moved from childhood to present time. I didn't know what was going on but when it quickly came together it was so so good. Great characters that were allowed to develop. And no three page sex description to read. A great book. I highly recommend.
Helen Dean
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book.

I love a strong female character. Goodie finally got happiness and love in her life. All the characters worked well together.
Angela Boone
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!!

Please keep writing!! Love all characters - even the dogs! Plot is awesome just enough twists & romance. Enjoy learning Welsh & Russian phrases!!
Caroline
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Goodnight!!

OMG I loved Goodnights book!! She's brilliant and Nick is made for her, a match made in heaven. Great back story and characters, especially my favourite Benji 😊
Angela_t
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm so glad I read this

This heroine was tough as nails and was fascinating in the previous book. I wasn't overly impressed by that book but I'm glad I gave this a go. I enjoyed the character development of both the hero and heroine.
She was an assassin and he was a tycoon who had to work so hard to win her over.

I laughed and also shed a tear or two. It was that engaging. I only wish I could've seen more action out of this heroine. Which is why I didn't give this a full 5 stars. This type of her
Rebecca
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well written with complex characters

The main character in this story, having been introduced in a previous book, is a complex character. Without giving any spoilers, I will only say this character's story is amazingly well done. Good editing, a fast pace and just enough humor to lighten the storyline, this is a very good book.
Pam Kohler
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Happily surprised

When I started reading I immediately thought this was not going to be a good read. However I always finish a book after I've started. As it turned out I am really glad I did. This was very different from the typical romance which was a fantastic surprise.
Lauren Stewart
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

A fantastic read. Gripped me from start till end..
Only disappointment was last few chapter's rushed.. but over all enjoyed
Kimberly
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This author is a def must-read whenever a new book comes out.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

Goodnight
By Susie Tate
4 Stars

Goodie lives her life closed off and devoid of attachments. Her past has made her the perfect mercenary and bodyguard, nearly indestructible both mentally and physically. With all that she has been through and seen in her life and she still never saw Nick Chambers coming.
When Nick's life is in danger, an elite team is hired to protect him. He can't help but be intrigued by the strong and rough around the edges woman in charge of his protection. The more he gets t
Helen Ward
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Goodnight is an awesome tale. I first met the enigmatic and mysterious Goodie in the Broken Hearts Series also written by Susie Tate. I had high hopes for Goodie's story and I was not disappointed. Goodie is a very special security agent who prefers to work alone. She is unusually loyal and particularly talented in all areas of protective services. Basically she could kick your butt anywhere she chose or creatively kill you. Goodie had horrific things happen in her life. life She made a deal wit ...more
Bookgyrl
The books of Susie Tate have a real British feeling to it and I like them a lot.

Goodie is 9 when her mother is murdered (in Russia). Twenty years later she is part of Nick Chambers' security team and he is intrigued about the female bodyguard with the cold eyes as he senses there is so much more to her. What is the background of this beautiful but detached woman? She is highly intelligent, speaks many languages fluently and can disarm men bigger than her.
But when Nick is making her walls crumb
United Indie Book Blog
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Goodie is different, always has been and this has been both a blessing and curse . I look at her and see a gift.
Goodie is likable and you can't help but root for her . Nick ,well he's rich and spoiled and used to getting his own way but again he's so well written you can't help but like him .
I wouldn't call Goodnight a dark read more but more of a grey read and having dragon blood in my veins (Welsh) I appreciate the "representation".
The only "critic " I have is that although Goodnight is a stan
Dana
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Goodie was all kinds of perfect, the plot itself was amazing.

My only reason for not giving this a full five stars was Nick. Trust me, there have been more than a few moments where I myself would have liked to "carve his balls out with a spoon".

But overall, it has been one of the better books in the series. I think it might actually rival how much I love Stick and Stones. Lou and Goodie are definitely my favorite heroines so I guess with the pattern Susie Tate takes with her writing, it isn't sur
Ann
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was really excited about getting this book. Goodie was a mystery, she was amazing and could kick ass and know we finally get a story about her. I wasn't disappointed at all, from beginning to end I was hooked and it was hard to put it down. It is sad to leave these stories, but I look forward to rereading them sometime again.
Heidi Sturgess
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-books-read
Goodie is different, always has been and this has been both a blessing and curse . I look at her and see a gift ........

Goodie is likeable and you can't help but  root for her . Nick ,well he's rich and spoilt and used to getting his own way but again he's so well written you can't help but like him .

I wouldn't call Goodnight a dark read more but more  of a grey read
Norma Reasor
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Undercover

Absolutely loved this book. I do believe it's the very best one in this series. But, then, books with strong female characters do hold my attention completely. Goody's story is enthralling and fascinating. Highly recommend, if you love good, clean, but very exciting takes.
Marise
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Interesting Character. Interesting Book

All of Ms. Tate's books are wonderful, entertaining, unique and worth the time it takes to read them. This book is especially wonderful due to the unique main character. The plot line is smooth and reads quickly with no jarring or disjointed twists or turns.
Read this book. It is so worth your attention
Jill Blake
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well-written, though way over-the-top romance, with a great kick-*ss heroine and adorable hero. Suspend your disbelief from the outset and enjoy this wild ride--totally worth it! And the epilogue? EPIC!
Susie Tate is a general practitioner and when she's not working she's looking after her four yummy boys under five (okay, well one is actually over thirty-five but it's the mental age that counts!). Before becoming a GP she worked her way through a fair few hospital specialities including A&E, general medicine, elderly care, cardiology, general and orthopaedic surgery and psychiatry.
Maybe it'

Broken Heart (4 books)
  • Broken Heart Syndrome (Broken Heart, #1)
  • Sticks and Stones (Broken Heart, #2)
  • Beyond Repair (Broken Heart, #3)
“Don’t ever let someone who does not know your value dictate your worth,’ Goodie told her. ‘You and your daughter are worth ten of him.” 2 likes