Start by marking “Goodnight (Broken Heart, #4)” as Want to Read:
Goodnight (Broken Heart, #4)

Goodnight

(Broken Heart #4)

Life is pain.

That is the reality Goodie has had to accept since she was nine years old. Even before the night her childhood shattered she was never normal: her mind can process people and situations at lightning speed, she has the ability to recall anything she sees or hears with perfect clarity, she can separate from herself if she needs to – making her difficult to tor
Published April 28th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Goodnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goodnight

Start your review of Goodnight (Broken Heart, #4)
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
I liked the 3 previous Susie Tate books I've read (4 stars for series: Sticks and Stones, Broken Heart Syndrome, and Beyond Repair.) This one is a little different. This one has a Salt vibe to it. While it has heavier themes, it is not too dark though. There is a feel good element to this one as opposed to some of the dark, gritty, intense books I sometimes read.

I liked Goodie (h) and I rooted for her the whole way. Nick (H) is wealthy and spoiled, but is written as likeable. I liked Nick's fami
Rachel K
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it

Loved Goodie! So glad she got a story. She's definitely a survivor and I think Nick was the perfect match for her :)
Hollie
~4.5 star~

Talk about a badass heroine...........Goodie was that and then some. This was an action packed read and the romance between the hero and heroine was slow building and well executed. This made for a fast and intense read. The epilogue was amazing!!!!!
Alison
I don't know how I missed the release of this, the fourth book in the Broken Heart series, earlier this year. This book features the chilling all-round-baddass Goodnight, a Russian private security operative who works with Sam (from Beyond Repair).

Nick Chambers and his eccentric but brilliant business partner Ed have developed an alternative energy source. Nick seems to spend his time trying to compensate for the idiotic actions of his bumbling cousin Bertie (think Bertie Wooster) and Ed's other
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen

Blurb:

Life is pain.

Alexa
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**received from author in exchange for an honest review**

A great story for Goodnight, I had been rooting for her since Broken Heart Syndrome!

Goodie really lived up to the reputation she gained in the previous three S.T. books and then some. I found also that the way in which Goodies dialogue was written, you could almost feel her Russian accent coming through and was very cleverly done.
A definite 5 stars from me, the feelings between Goodie and Nick were realistic and a nice build-up. The amou
Susie
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great read by Susie Tate. Love Goody she is one strong, loyal, beautiful woman. A survivor who learns how to live with the help of Nick, our hero and all the beautiful characters who love her. Loved it.
Dr. Bronwyn Ph.D of Smutology
My favourite of the series!!
Elisa Wang
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was out of the world awesome!!!!!! Like, 6 starts awesome!

Omg, I'm still smiling like an idiot after finishing this book.
First of all, "Goodnight" was the perfect alpha heroine + alpha hero = who will win?
I loved everything about this book.

Goodie, who we get to know in the previous books, is a badass woman. She had to suffer unimaginable things as a child, things that made her who she is in the present. She's a hard and tough woman, a trained killer, who has distanced her from everything o
Norv
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the best

Wow. One of the best books I've read in a while and I read a lot of books. I had a problem for a few chapters after it moved from childhood to present time. I didn't know what was going on but when it quickly came together it was so so good. Great characters that were allowed to develop. And no three page sex description to read. A great book. I highly recommend.
Helen Dean
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book.

I love a strong female character. Goodie finally got happiness and love in her life. All the characters worked well together.
shms
another entertaining read from Tate. Enough said!
Angela Boone
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!!

Please keep writing!! Love all characters - even the dogs! Plot is awesome just enough twists & romance. Enjoy learning Welsh & Russian phrases!!
Caroline
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Goodnight!!

OMG I loved Goodnights book!! She's brilliant and Nick is made for her, a match made in heaven. Great back story and characters, especially my favourite Benji 😊
Angela_t
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm so glad I read this

This heroine was tough as nails and was fascinating in the previous book. I wasn't overly impressed by that book but I'm glad I gave this a go. I enjoyed the character development of both the hero and heroine.
She was an assassin and he was a tycoon who had to work so hard to win her over.

I laughed and also shed a tear or two. It was that engaging. I only wish I could've seen more action out of this heroine. Which is why I didn't give this a full 5 stars. This type of her
Rebecca
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well written with complex characters

The main character in this story, having been introduced in a previous book, is a complex character. Without giving any spoilers, I will only say this character's story is amazingly well done. Good editing, a fast pace and just enough humor to lighten the storyline, this is a very good book.
Pam Kohler
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Happily surprised

When I started reading I immediately thought this was not going to be a good read. However I always finish a book after I've started. As it turned out I am really glad I did. This was very different from the typical romance which was a fantastic surprise.
Lauren Stewart
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

A fantastic read. Gripped me from start till end..
Only disappointment was last few chapter's rushed.. but over all enjoyed
K.
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This author is a def must-read whenever a new book comes out.
ImABookAddict
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Goodie is a badass heroine. I normally like my H's to be the warrior in the story but I just couldn't help but love that Goodie is so strong. She is also incredibly wise. Though slightly standoffish, her heart is huge and always in the right place. I love how she sees the value every person brings, even the not-so-bright Bertie that everyone else makes fun of. It was Goodie that made this book so great. And it's still Goodie that makes me reread this book every couple of months.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

Goodnight
By Susie Tate
4 Stars

Goodie lives her life closed off and devoid of attachments. Her past has made her the perfect mercenary and bodyguard, nearly indestructible both mentally and physically. With all that she has been through and seen in her life and she still never saw Nick Chambers coming.
When Nick's life is in danger, an elite team is hired to protect him. He can't help but be intrigued by the strong and rough around the edges woman in charge of his protection. The more he gets t
Helen Ward
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Goodnight is an awesome tale. I first met the enigmatic and mysterious Goodie in the Broken Hearts Series also written by Susie Tate. I had high hopes for Goodie's story and I was not disappointed. Goodie is a very special security agent who prefers to work alone. She is unusually loyal and particularly talented in all areas of protective services. Basically she could kick your butt anywhere she chose or creatively kill you. Goodie had horrific things happen in her life. life She made a deal wit ...more
Bookgyrl
The books of Susie Tate have a real British feeling to it and I like them a lot.

Goodie is 9 when her mother is murdered (in Russia). Twenty years later she is part of Nick Chambers' security team and he is intrigued about the female bodyguard with the cold eyes as he senses there is so much more to her. What is the background of this beautiful but detached woman? She is highly intelligent, speaks many languages fluently and can disarm men bigger than her.
But when Nick is making her walls crumb
United Indie Book Blog
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Goodie is different, always has been and this has been both a blessing and curse . I look at her and see a gift.
Goodie is likable and you can't help but root for her . Nick ,well he's rich and spoiled and used to getting his own way but again he's so well written you can't help but like him .
I wouldn't call Goodnight a dark read more but more of a grey read and having dragon blood in my veins (Welsh) I appreciate the "representation".
The only "critic " I have is that although Goodnight is a stan
Dana
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Goodie was all kinds of perfect, the plot itself was amazing.

My only reason for not giving this a full five stars was Nick. Trust me, there have been more than a few moments where I myself would have liked to "carve his balls out with a spoon".

But overall, it has been one of the better books in the series. I think it might actually rival how much I love Stick and Stones. Lou and Goodie are definitely my favorite heroines so I guess with the pattern Susie Tate takes with her writing, it isn't sur
Marise
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Interesting Character. Interesting Book

All of Ms. Tate's books are wonderful, entertaining, unique and worth the time it takes to read them. This book is especially wonderful due to the unique main character. The plot line is smooth and reads quickly with no jarring or disjointed twists or turns.
Read this book. It is so worth your attention
Norma Reasor
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Undercover

Absolutely loved this book. I do believe it's the very best one in this series. But, then, books with strong female characters do hold my attention completely. Goody's story is enthralling and fascinating. Highly recommend, if you love good, clean, but very exciting takes.
Heidi Sturgess
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-books-read
Goodie is different, always has been and this has been both a blessing and curse . I look at her and see a gift ........

Goodie is likeable and you can't help but  root for her . Nick ,well he's rich and spoilt and used to getting his own way but again he's so well written you can't help but like him .

I wouldn't call Goodnight a dark read more but more  of a grey read
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Big Bad Wolf's Ex
  • Handfuls of Shattered Pieces (Pieces of Us, #1)
  • Ashes (Ignite, #3)
  • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
  • Marco's Redemption
  • Shortcake
  • Give In
  • Junkyard Dog (White Horse #1)
  • Straight, No Chaser
  • Dance Away with Me
  • My Name is Anton: A Novel
  • Fangs
  • Hate You (Not)
  • Under the Cowboy's Control
  • Men to Avoid in Art and Life
  • I Will Not Beg (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #6)
  • Corrupt Kingdom
  • Looking to Score
Susie is a general practitioner in Dorset. Things have been a little crazy in the NHS of late for both her and her husband (also a doctor working in anaesthetics). Reading and writing has kept her sane. She is so grateful to all her fab readers and reviewers for their ongoing support - it really has meant the world to her.

When she's not working or writing she's looking after her four scrummy lit

Broken Heart (4 books)
  • Broken Heart Syndrome (Broken Heart, #1)
  • Sticks and Stones (Broken Heart, #2)
  • Beyond Repair (Broken Heart, #3)