Start by marking “Accidental Makeovers (Rom-Com on the Edge #5)” as Want to Read:
Accidental Makeovers (Rom-Com on the Edge #5)

Accidental Makeovers

(Rom-Com on the Edge #5)

Twenty-something, single mom Bianca yearns for more. The cosmetology license she worked so hard to get is collecting dust while she waitresses for her mother’s catering business, but she has no clue how to turn her dreams of being a makeup artist into reality. Adding to her unhappiness is her dead-end relationship with her immature, video game-obsessed baby daddy, Max. Alt ...more
Published March 31st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Accidental Makeovers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Accidental Makeovers

Sophia
Mar 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Incomplete innuendo....oh never mind

I quite like the story line and I really got stuck into the characters lives. Although, every other line the author used ellipsis’s (...) and it got a bit tedious in the end. If they used this less I would have scored it 4 stars. Not sure about reading any of the other books if that’s their writing style.
Donna
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a nice change of pace from my current reading trends. I did find myself irritated with the characters in the book. None of the guys seemed to know how to listen. Overall, it was a good story and I enjoyed it.
M1ssb3rry
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Accidental Makeovers is book four in the Rom-Com on the Edge series. I love reading this series, it’s so fun! Everyone is insane (in a good way of course) so something ridiculous is always happening.

Bianca is not happy with her life: she has a baby daddy whose is more of a baby than their 15-month old son. She doesn’t have the job she wants, a makeup artist, instead she is a waitress for her mum who owns a catering business. She also still lives in her mother’s house. Her life changes when a run
Rachel Barnard
Jun 03, 2016 rated it liked it
“I just want to make people look pretty, for God’s sake.” (Kindle Location 2892).

Bianca isn’t satisfied with the turn her life has taken. She waitresses with her mother’s catering company and is in a relationship with her baby’s daddy. She would like to move out of her mother’s house and use her cosmetology license in her job. Her boyfriend and baby daddy Max is fine living in Bianca’s mother’s house, playing video games and playing in his rock band, until Bianca tells him it’s over this time. N
Melissa
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Carol has done it again. I absolutely love following the characters in the Rom-Com on the Edge series. When I read the first story in this series, I wanted to know how all of the characters stories continued past that book. I am so thrilled that Carol is continuing the series with all of the fun characters we have met in Claire and Brandon's circle. This book follows secondary characters that we met and loved in the first few stories, Bianca and Max. Bianca and Max have and on and off again love ...more
Alison
May 18, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the first book I have read in this series and I feel perhaps I would have benefited from reading them in order not only to glean some insight into the characters but also the writers style.

While it is portrayed as a rom-com I was left feeling as though I had attended a different party .. maybe a slight humour slant between US/UK. I have to say that doesn’t usually cause a problem for me so maybe this just wasn’t quite hitting my buttons on this occasion.

Yes, it is well written, snappy, f
Renee
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016, arc
This is the fourth book in the Rom-Com on the Edge series. I haven't read the previous books yet (but have book one sitting on my e-reader waiting for me), so I know this can be read as a stand alone, though if you've read the earlier books, I think you will enjoy revisiting these characters even more.

The story is told in first person, but split between several characters, so although you feel like you know exactly what's going on, you don't have the all seeing eye of the narrator and things st
Alexandra Smith
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Here and there are bit lengthy. But all in all a nice and enjoyable read. I will be looking into the other books in this series.
Felicia Eddy
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
So what really happens after the HEA - does life stop? In this book Carol Maloney Scott does a great job showing the life does move forward and what you thought was going to be bliss maybe its not. At least in the books we all love. The author does a fantastic job with Bianca and Max in showing that maybe life isnt perfect and maybe the guy you are with - you shouldnt be.
This to me was an honest betrayal of love and really relationships and how hard you have to work for both. I loved the growth
Kayla
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth book in the Rom-Com on the Edge series that I have had the pleasure in reading and it didn't disappoint! I could SO relate to Bianca in the whole baby-daddy/wanting more out of life storyline! It was great to catch back up with the past characters and get to experience life in another character's point of view in a new book! Each book offers a special twist on romantic comedy and none of them have disappointed! Great weekend read for the beach!

I received a free copy in exchang
Linda Buzard-Moffitt
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book #4 and I'm still loving this series. What a group of rowdy people to keep me entertained. This book focuses more on Bianca & Max and what is going on in their lives. These books are funny and real though I'm happy this stuff doesn't happen to me. I really enjoy reading these books and following them all in their lives. I want to just keep reading this series to see what else happens. I received a free copy of this book to Read & Review. The Review is my own thoughts and opinions.
Teresa Kander
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Another great rom-com from the author! Each book in the series leaves me wanting to know more about the various characters and their lives. The author does a marvelous job of combining the romance and the comedy. There are a lot of great lines and unusual situations, as well as some fantastic supporting characters. I look forward to seeing what Carol will share with us next about these wonderful people.
ToniAnn Papa
Jan 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm giving this book a 3.5 rating. I really enjoyed how it did small chapters of the characters involved. You got to see a sense of what they were thinking or feeling. But, it was a little much. The characters come together and show support for each other. Bianca and Max (the main characters) get a dose of reality when they break up and try to make it without each other. A fast week.
Teresa Morgan
Aug 17, 2018
Bob Jackson
Feb 14, 2017
Victoria
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is a great book to read
Malinda Robinson
Nov 07, 2018
DAVID SIBLEY
Jul 22, 2019
Wendy Barnes
rated it did not like it
Jun 19, 2016
Nov 04, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Two Widows and the Thrift Store Murders
  • Poison Ivy
  • What the Cat Dragged In (Jacques and Cleo: Cat Detectives, #1)
  • Accomodating Brocolli in the Cemetary: Or Why Can't Anybody Spell
  • Miz Scarlet and the Holiday Houseguests (A Scarlet Wilson Mystery, #3)
  • Vision of Shadows (Vision, #1)
  • The Ladybug Jinx (Grandberry Falls, #1)
  • House of Mirrors
  • Saddled with Trouble (Horse Lover's Mystery, #1)
  • Old Herbaceous: A Novel of the Garden
  • One Dog Too Many (Mae December, #1)
  • Leaving Green Island
  • Waking Up in the Land of Glitter (Crafty Chica Novels, #1)
  • Knock 'em Dead (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery, #2)
  • A Tine to Live, A Tine to Die (Local Foods Mystery, #1)
  • A Geek Girl's Guide to Murder (Geek Girl Mysteries #1)
  • Samson's Deal (Jake Samson, #1)
  • Entwined (The Erotic Adventures of Jane in the Jungle, #1)
My name is Carol, and I’m addicted to Romance.

I grew up in the Hudson Valley area of New York, surrounded by “city folk,” like my Manhattanite mom and Bronx-native Dad, who taught me to be sweet on the outside, yet tough on the inside.

As a result, I’m often gifted sassy labels like “firecracker” or “feisty,” which I choose to take as a compliment, due to my Irish/Eastern European heritage.

My ro

Rom-Com on the Edge (5 books)
  • Dazed and Divorced (Rom-Com on the Edge #1)
  • There Are No Men (Rom-Com on the Edge #2)
  • Afraid of Her Shadow (Rom-Com on the Edge #3)
  • The Juggling Act (Rom-Com on the Edge #4)