Start by marking “The World’s Worst Children” as Want to Read:
The World’s Worst Children

The World’s Worst Children

(The World's Worst Children #1)

From the world’s favourite author, David Walliams – ten cautionary tales and a delightfully dreadful cast of characters; all in glorious FULL COLOUR!

(This ebook is optimised for Kindle tablets and the Kindle App. It is not suitable for e-Ink kindle devices, such as the PaperWhite. We recommend you download a sample to your device before purchase if in doubt.)

Are you ready

Published May 19th 2016 by HarperCollinsChildren’sBooks

To ask other readers questions about The World’s Worst Children, please sign up.
Samantha not really, it is basically about a lot of silly children who do silly things, (but learn for their mistakes most of the time).

Start your review of The World’s Worst Children
Michael Finocchiaro
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Although we miss Raj, we enjoyed these ten horrible children - lots of familiar and hilarious scenes from these kids but always with a wonderful moral and hilarious illustrations. A great way of showing your kid how gross nose-picking is for example, not that mine wasn't doing precisely that as I read that story...
Only sad thing? We finished all of Walliams books and have to wait for a new one!
Gemma
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So.... this book landed on my doorstep this morning for my 7 year old daughter. I was only going to flick through the book to see what it was like and I ended up devouring the whole book in one sitting. My daughter is a huge Walliams fan as the books have just the right amount of rudeness and grossness that kids find hilarious. I like that every Walliams story has a serious side to it. It makes kids ask questions and deals with tricky situations in a fun way.
In this book, the characters are bril
Rikke
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
DNF at 35% I really didn't enjoy any of the stories up until this point, I have no intention of returning to the rest of them either. Still, most might find them more than okay, especially if they are kids - and obviously that's who the book is written for. As expected. I won't go any higher, though..
Lucija The Reader
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Harper Reach for providing me a physical copy of this book for a review.

Such a weird but awesome combination of groseness and hilariousness. I love David Walliams' books because they are so entertaining and fast pace, this one was also entertaining and very fast pace (I've finished it in one sittung)but it wasn't as entartaining as the ones by David Walliams I've read before. Still, it was great and very enjoyable, and I am sure that younger readers will enjoy it.
Sophie Crane
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As all David Walliams books, this is brilliant! You can really picture the children and their terrible ways. Lots of laughs and gross things too.
Caitlyn
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
"Dahl finally has a worthy successor." ~ Telegraph
I don't know if I'd go as far as saying that David Walliams is Roald Dahl's successor, I don't even think by a long shot but I see why people may link the styles together, what with illustrations being somewhat similar. This is the first Walliams book I've read and although I didn't enjoy it - and thought it was utterly disgusting at some points - I can understand why the age group, especially boys, would enjoy it. This particular book is filled
Anna Branson
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book. I was talking to my mum about and then she suddenly announced she had it! I was very excited. I took the book before my brother even got to look at it and read it non stop. The stories are fabulous, and even though they seem childish I have seen my parents burst out laughing. An instant classic in our family!
Kristina
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've searched for a Roald Dahl replacement for such a long time and I can safely say David is a worthy successor!

These short stories were absolutely fabulous and bizarre! I highly recommend!

Krisi
Sparkle
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
so i think that this book is amazing i think my favorite part was sofia sofa
Izzy
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was crazy

If you don't like stuff that will make you hurl than don't read this

K!
Raj says this on the back: please, please, please, a thousand times pleases and yet one more please DO NOT READ THIS BOOK!

I didn't listen

I'm happy I read it
Katy Noyes
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would say that a younger audience than Walliam's usual will love this. It's a series of short epsiodes rather than one novel. Each chapter introduces us to a different child, each of whom has their own unique traits.

We get to meet a boy who dribbles and sleeps the day away, another who cultivates his own nits to become a super-villain, one girl who can't stop moving, another who never throws anything away or cleans her room. And of course, a boy who collects his bogeys.

It has a feel at times o
Liana
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sophia Luo
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this book in like an hour. That's pretty quick. I love it. It teaches people life lessons. If you haven't read this book, you're probably doing everything wrong.
Ed Cockerham
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A silly, hilarious book containing many small stories that would be perfect for a reading time with a class. There are many different stories that provide different morals and key messages within the story. These stories would provide a light hearted entertainment to all the pupils and teachers within the room, as there are many different and laughable adventures within the book.

The key messages portrayed within the book convey messages surrounding ‘working hard and you will succeed’, making fr
Elizabeth
This turned out to be a whole lot more enjoyable than I thought it would. We listened to the audiobook of the stories, spread over two days, all narrated brilliantly by David Walliams. Some were hideously gross and stomach churningly awful (to grown ups!) and some very very silly. Just the perfect amount of gross and disgusting to appeal to children's sense of humour. So much fun that my children are keen to get hold of the second book.
Clare
Listened to in audio format.

This was a collection of 10 stories about some very naughty children. Like most short story compilations some stories are better than others. I personally prefer his full length stories such a The Midnight Gang.

My favourite stories were the cautionary tales such as Ernest Earnest and Brian Wong was never wrong.

I think these stories are perfect for younger children to listen to before bed.

Kats
Everyone in my family enjoys David Walliams' naughty and silly sense of humour, and this collection of short stories about The World's Worst Children was great fun to read aloud during our half-term break. No surprise that my 10-year-old, who is a little stinker, particularly loved the story of "Windy Mindy"...... nuff said.
Soph
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this book with my class at school and it's really funny and I enjoyed it a lot my whole class was laughing and it's just a great book
Kirstie
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant illustrations and as you’d expect the comedy is perfect for kids with snot and trumps a plenty
Alan Allis
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
Very funny. Typical Walliams.
Tea
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in a series of three so far and I love them so much.
This book was released in 2016, when my son was 8 and we would read this together a lot He's 11 now, tells me he too big to be reading with me now :( So I have to relive the giggles we shared by reading them every so often. Enough about me. Lets talk about the book.

The worlds worst Children contains ten stories about the most frightfully children. with hilarious out comes. this book includes:
Dribbling Dew, (Who like to
gemsbooknook  Geramie Kate Barker
The fantastic David Walliams has done it again.

The World’s Worst Children is a fabulously funny collection of short stories. The ten stories about five naughty boys and five equally awful girls creates a very addictive book. A wonderful read for children and adults alike.

David Walliams is a wonderful author. The World’s Worst Chilfren is proof of that. This book is filled with genuine laugh out loud moments. And quite a few eww gross moments. The stories are so captivating, you won’t want the b
Andrew McDiarmid
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The funniest book EVER!!!

I chose this rating because I found this book hilariously funny and cool!!! I would recommend this children, but also to adults, to remind them that their children are not as bad as all of these!!!
I think David Walliams comes a close 2nd to Roald Dahl and his books will just get better and better!!! I think this is a severe reminder to children; to obey their parents otherwise they could end up being eaten by the dirty clothes monster, or, even worse, being rolled in a
Lily Jane
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Adele Broadbent
May 21, 2016 rated it liked it
David Walliams has done it again, but this time in 10 silly short stories about 10 truly awful children, and all in colour!

Whether it’s dribbling Drew, a nose-picker, a liar, or a girl who never washed anything, a know-it-all, a girl who likes to blow off, or a boy who only smiles at other people’s misfortune, these are funny tales about these terrible children’s reign of terror.

Great read-a-loud for Year 2-3’s (6-7 yr olds)
Julie Hudson
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Having read a couple of David Walliams's other books (Billionaire Boy and currently reading Mr Stink) I was a bit disappointed in this. Then again, I'm not a fan of the short story. Of the short stories I read I liked Brian Wong who was Never Wrong best. The other stories I read seemed to predominantly be about collecting vast amounts of bodily stuff and using them harshly against others (dribble, snot, nits).
Noah
Jun 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: david-walliams
I rated this book a three out of five stars because it was a good book but not one of David Waliams best books. Think it was a good idea to ten short story in his big book. This made it an more achievable goal to finish the book. It was very fun to read because of the way he used the English language in describing the caricatures. The bad comment i have that made me give it a bad rating is because out of ten short stories there where only two that i liked.
Charlie
Aug 07, 2016 rated it liked it
I think I like Walliams' longer stories a lot more than the shorter ones. The humour is well present. How sad though, that the only main East Asian character presented here is quite the stereotype (I.e a math genius).
Overall still would recommend to kids and younger teens I know. Grubby Gertrude has to be my favourite story in there.
Niamh
Jan 04, 2020 rated it liked it
I was about 8 when I read this book, and honestly the stories in it weren't great. It seemed like the author was trying too hard to make them humorous, and when the second and third books came out I had no intention of reading them.
Rachel
Jul 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: humour, childrens
My kids loved it - lots of grossness. I liked Raj's introduction best.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Parent Agency
  • Kid Youtuber (a hilarious adventure for children ages 9-12)
  • The Person Controller
  • Would You Rather Game Book: For Kids 6-12 Years Old: The Book of Silly Scenarios, Challenging Choices, and Hilarious Situations the Whole Family Will Love (Game Book Gift Ideas)
  • I'm Stuck in Your Kindle!
  • Birthday Boy
  • The 13-Storey Treehouse
  • The Try Not to Laugh Challenge: Joke Book for Kids and Family: Kicks and Giggles Edition: A Fun and Interactive Joke Book for Boys and Girls: Ages 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 Years Old
  • The 65-Storey Treehouse
  • The 52-Storey Treehouse
  • Spectacular School Trip (Really...) (Tom Gates #17)
  • 49 Excuses for Not Tidying Your Bedroom (The 49... #1)
  • Head Kid
  • The 26-Storey Treehouse
  • The Boy Who Could Do What He Liked
  • The 39-Storey Treehouse
  • The Brilliant World of Tom Gates (Tom Gates, #1)
  • Yes! No (Maybe...) (Tom Gates #8)
David Walliams is an actor and writer best known for his work with Matt Lucas in the multi-award-winning sketch show Little Britain. His debut children's novel, The Boy in the Dress, was published in 2008 to unanimous critical acclaim and he has since developed a reputation as a natural successor to Roald Dahl.

The World's Worst Children (3 books)
  • The World’s Worst Children 2
  • The World's Worst Children 3

News & Interviews

“Please tidy your room this instant!” Gertrude’s mother would plead. The poor lady was in torment. She prided herself on keeping the rest of her house utterly spotless. If a single biscuit crumb dropped on to the carpet, Mother would get the vacuum cleaner out. The grubbiness of Gertrude’s bedroom was absolutely horrifying to her. How had she, a lady who always kept a vase of fresh flowers on the dining table, given birth to a child who chose to live in a… swamp? “BOG OFF!” Gertrude would reply with a laugh. She knew that her mother (always immaculately turned out with her hair in a swirl and a string of pearls round her neck) loathed her saying the word ‘BOG’. So Gertrude always, always, always made sure she used it when speaking to her. “Daughter! I forbid you from using that foul word!” Mother would wail. “What?‘BOG’?” Gertrude would answer mischievously. “Yes. It’s a frightful word that has no place in my otherwise delightful home. Now, young lady, I need you to tidy your room this instant!”“BOG OFF!” Gertrude would shout back. 135” 0 likes