Start by marking “Inside the Office” as Want to Read:
Inside the Office

Inside the Office

I’m Liam Scott. I had everything. A good job, the perfect house, my dream girl that I was going to marry. I needed her to be mine, but fate had other plans. I watched her fall in love with someone else and my attempts to win her back just pushed her further away.

Left heartbroken, six months pass and fate revealed new plans for me.

Marissa Conner, a coworker and I, share an

To ask other readers questions about Inside the Office, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inside the Office

Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Inside the Office by FL Jacob
4 stars!!!

“You’re making it very difficult to be a gentleman.”
“Who asked you to?”

This is another short story from FL Jacob and if you have read Behind the Computer you will recognise Liam as the man that Sawyer left for her cover model. I have to admit, in Behind the Computer I thought Liam was a bit of an ass, but after reading his story my perception of him really changed and I actually felt sorry for him. It just goes to show that there are two sides to every
Renee at Book Happiness
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this for an honest review..I have to say I fall more in love with this author the more I read of hers...

I wasn't really sure how I would feel about this book and I have to say I loved Liam and Marissa's story although a shorter one I just found myself loving Liam and wanting more of him and Marisssa..

The only thing about this book I wished were different if it were a bit longer but otherwise a very wonderful story I just fell in love with!
Dana Busenbark
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
After Liam and Sawyer's breakup, what happens to him? One day, when he finally goes to the mall to return the last thing he had that reminds him of his relationship with Sawyer, who does he run into? Wow, after running into a co-worker, he invites her to lunch. What happens at lunch that he escapes to the restroom to call a buddy? Is the 'date' going that poorly? Marissa seems like a nice lady. What happens when they realize how much time has passed on their lunch date as they sat and talked whi ...more
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of the book from the author for an honest review.

This is a short story that had me turning the pages. I enjoy F.L. Jacobs writing style. You do not have to read Behind the Computer to read Inside the Office. However, after reading Inside the Office I want to go back and read Behind the Computer.

Liam is trying to get over losing his true love to another. He is even getting rid of the last memory of her when he runs into Marissa. He knew nothing about Marissa other than she wor
DianaC-Bookaholic And
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
●▬▬▬▬๑۩ 5 STAR REVIEW ۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Everyone has suffered a broken heart, but not everyone is lucky to find your true love in your place of work. Marissa Connor and Liam Scott will take you to a journey of healing their wounded hearts.

Liam didn't know his heart would jump start thanks to bumping into Marissa, a two-toned eye gorgeous co-worker. Neither of them knew their lives would change forever.

Being a fan of FL Jacob, I knew this book would be one hot steamy love story and she delivered. The bot
Elizabeth Clinton
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when you think you have everything and then you don't that's the question that Liam Scott has been asking himself for the past six months.
Finally tired of his life at a standstill he takes that last step to move on and what he doesn't see coming is bumping into his co worker Marissa at the mall and seeing her in a whole different light.
Marissa and Liam start on a whirlwind but can working together halt what they have or can they find a way to make it work. We see how much they wa
Tina Morgan
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another 4 star read from Sassy! I really enjoyed this book the only problem was it's a novella and I want so much more...lol
This is kinda of an extension of Behind the Computer where we meet Liam. But we only heard Sawyers pov and in this book it's all Liam. This can be read as a standalone but I think you would be able to get a better understanding of what's happening. Shows how some things are better off not working out the way you have planned. That things often work out for the better. This
Mayas
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Let me start from the end. Liam and Marissa handled that like a "BOSS". I am happy Liam got his story because his poor heart was broken but he had a point. Him and Skylar were comfortable not fully in love. I am happy he saw it and understood the difference, he felt his own happy. Experiencing a connection with a true soulmate is an indescribable feeling. Liam and Marissa clicked and he was more present in that relationship. Good job F.L. Jacob on giving him the woman of his dreams, his true par ...more
Recipe Fairy
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a whirlwind short-story romance that left me with some panting office fantasies! Short, sweet and spicy, it's a modern day fairytale with tons of hotness! Starting off with a bang, this novella was fast-paced and quickly chronicles a whirlwind affair without any dull moments. The romance was sizzling, and the storyline was realistic and completely believable. This was a perfect short read that fulfilled my spicy needs quickly! I can't wait to see what other works the author comes out wi ...more
Socially Book Nerd
I was given a free copy for an honest review, it took me a while to finish this book. It is generally well written and you get into the groove with the characters, But the Story just didn't do anything for me. Liam is really a sweet and genuine guy, wronged in the past. Melissa is sassy and cute. They work together and face lots I mean lots of challenges... I think that was my problem. But all in all an ok read.
Kimmy (Sinfully Snarky Reviews)
I absolutely loved Liam and Marissa's story. This story will suck you right in and not let you leave until the very last page.
Steph (A Brunette and Her Books)
***ARC received for honest review****

I was thrilled when FL first sent me the ARC for this book. While it took me a while to open my kindle to read (thanks, real life!), once I found the time to read Liam's story, I found myself getting through the book faster than I thought I would. Maybe I just read fast, who knows.

Anyway, we first start off with Liam's days after his world collapses from Sawyer breaking up with him. Now, in order to read Inside the Office, you should definitely first pick up
Ebbie ~Author Groupies
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Inside the Office is a continuation of Behind the Computer. Liam is the boyfriend that Sawyer left for Caleb, her cover model. ITO is Liam’s story about what happens in his life after the breakup. Will he be able to move on from Sawyer and get his HEA?

I must admit that in the beginning of BTC I wasn’t the biggest fan of Liam; then in the end I felt guilty for those feelings and wanted to see him happy. Liam has pretty much given up on love since Sawyer but as soon as he decides to let go of the
Jenny Brightman Harris
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you read Behind the computer than you will remember Liam he was dating Sawyer in the first book. Since the break-up Liam has been a little lost unsure of himself even until one day he bumps into a woman from his office in the mall. Liam has but hasn't really seen Marissa in the past. However on this day he feels a crackle between them that he has never felt with any woman including Sawyer. However after his time with Sawyer he is a little insecure and a little gun shy to put a label on what t ...more
Diane Holtry
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: purchased
Work place fraternization at its best - the desk never looked so good!

FL Jacob has given us yet another amazing story and she's managed to tie it to the Black Hollywood series. Liam and Marissa work in the same office, but don't really "notice" each other until a chance encounter. After the first accidental run-in, their chemistry is undeniable. The ease at which their relationship develops is portrayed effortlessly on the pages and when they come together, it's down right combustible.

Liam's re
United Indie Book Blog
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
This story is about Liam and Marissa. This book is a second chance book that was really good. When I read the blurb about this book it caught my attention and I couldn’t wait to start it . I Really liked this book but I thought it could have been so much more to it. Don’t get me wrong the passion, the romance, a touch of drama all of that was there but it felt a little rushed to me. This story had the potential to go anywhere it wanted but it went way too fast.
The plot, the characters everything
Chip
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it

It takes Liam Scott 6 months to recover from Sawyer; the one woman he truly believed would hold his heart forever. But after an unexpected collision with co-worker Marissa Conner and an unforgettable night together, it soon transpires to feelings and emotions rousing like never before.

Liam is soon realising, Sawyer is in his past for a reason and Marissa could be the future he didn't foresee. The only thing standing between the two are their jobs, and sooner or later decisions will have to be m
Sassy Southern
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kim
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, waiting-arc

I have to say I loved Liam and Marissa's story although a shorter one I just found myself loving Liam and wanting more of him and Marissa.. You really did not hear anything about Marissa. You get get that Liam and her works together and then starts dating/

Jaime
“I’m in trouble.” ~ Liam
“How much do you need and where do I need to send the bail money?” ~ Zach
“…I think I’m on a date.” ~ Liam

Liam and Marissa bump into each other (literally) at the mall. Their whirlwind romance while intense happily lacked too much of the "we can't be together because we work at the same company" drama.

This was a quick and enjoyable office romance.
Karrie Mellott Puskas
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure if I was going to like Liam after Sawyers book. But I was pleasantly surprised that I ended up liking his story. I wish we had a longer book with Liam and Marissa. I enjoyed their relationship as it progressed. I would like to see more of this couple. Sawyer and Caleb story takes a backseat to this couple.
Ashley Stevenson
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received advanced copy from United Indie Book Blog for my honest review. Liam and Marissa attraction sparks after one night between them. This story was like no other and special in its own way. No one can't help who they love but always enjoy the second chances been giving to you. Each character didn't give up on finding true love even if it wasn't to the other person from their past.
Marie Carlisle
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Insta love!

Finally he got a woman who was all his!! I loved this story and the insta-love. It was perfect. The way they just knew that they had to be together I could feel it. I'm so glad this story ended the way it did.
Taylor Freeman
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
It was alright. Too short to flesh out the main characters. I knew nothing about them other than their immediate past and what was developing in the moment.

Wasn't bad or anything just could have been better.
Raj
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it

1st Person - Hero's POV
Interesting story
not boring
I like the story flow, the characters and the drama.
I was waiting for a time that the story would drag...but it didn't happen!
It was enough and I like it.
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

Short and sweet about inter office romance. Its super feast paced but its still good enough to hold your interest.
Marissa Michaelsen
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pretty cool ARC.
I adored Liam. Marissa was a pistol in the beginning.
The relationship between these two had me rooting for them the entire time..
Tiffany
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series!! Everyone needs to read this book!! Need a short story one click !
Andrea
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this book!

This was a sweet hot short read! I was intrigued with him in the first book and fell in love with him! I highly recommend this series!
Jamie  Leigh
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
a great, sweet, short story.
I am a mommy of two, wife to an amazing man, and full time employee. Life is crazy and busy! I started writing again during a group write on a Facebook group. They brought back my passion for writing that I haven’t felt since high school.

Starting this process was tedious and nerve-wracking, but my amazing ladies and my fabulous husband have inspired me to take my love for writing to the next ste