Start by marking “Pork” as Want to Read:

Read Book

"Ready?" Sandy asked.

Steven's heart hammered in his chest. He turned to her and placed his hands on her shoulders, a solemn look on his face. "Look, if something gets me in there, I want you to run and save yourself. Don't tell anyone. If you don't see me at school tomorrow, then you should alert people in town, okay?"

"Steven, you're making me scared."

"Just do as I say.
Published March 31st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Pork, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pork

Start your review of Pork
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story is raw,gritty, intense and completely addicting. I absolutely loved the author's writing style. The ease with which thriller and dark themes were blended, to give the story a very unique feel, was worth celebrating, but then the author added in detail and background that just completely sucked you into the read, making it one I could not put down.

Yes, the book is filled with dark themes, know that in advance to starting. However, if this is an area that you feel deeply about and you
Harmony Kent
May 25, 2016 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Pork is the story of a teenaged boy struggling through the turmoil of an absent father, an alcoholic mother, and bullying. When he discovers a tree-house in the local woods, this becomes a refuge for him; although, he fears going any deeper into the dense trees, where he's convinced something lurks. One day, he finds a little girl lying unconscious. Steven helps and befriends her. Meanwhile, the bullies grow bolder and more
A.M. MSW
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pork is an eerie thriller that is both entertaining and terrifying. The sharp writing helped to intensify the story well, and even though the beginning was a bit slow I couldn't help but yearn to finish this book. The reader quickly becomes engrossed with Steven, and it is hard not to fall into his position and imagine his experiences for yourself.

R.S. Anthony writes with the voice of an observer; a writer who deeply understands the human experience and what teenagers and children go through.
Sandra Knapp
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing!

The cover and the title caught my eye, so I just had to read it.
Very different from anything I've read before, but I was caught in the first chapter, and ended up reading the entire book in one afternoon. I guess you could say I was spellbound.
Wonderful characters, and you want everything to work out for the best, for them.
The ending caught me totally off guard. It seemed so abrupt, but it was not a bad ending, just not what I was expecting. Yes, I recommend it! Anything that I
Aly
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book caught me with the cover. I was interested to find out more in the pages. The eyes in the woods had me guessing the whole book. I was very excited to find out more and wanted to keep reading until the end. I did not figure it out. I would read more from this author. I expect more great stories in the future! * I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*
Alicia Marie
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
RS Anthony's "Pork" is a book that evokes almost every emotion throughout the read. This was a quick, enjoyable, thought provoking read and I thank the author for allowing me a free digital copy to read and review.

To read my full review on this and other book please visit my blog at www.booklovinalicia.blogspot.com
Susan Lee Thuener
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A study of abnormal behavior.

This book was a surprisingly different sort of story. It was not until the end that abnormalities suffered by the main character became apparent. I liked it and will be reading more of them in the future.
Marlys Unrau
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good story!

It kept me wanting to keep reading. I would read more of this author's books. I think young people to older people would enjoy this boo.
Tracy Johnson
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pork

Liked the book. Ended on a short note. Would have liked to have to known more of the main character's life. Hopefully another book ? ---smiles
Bookmafia
Apr 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Genre: Horror/Thriller (it was for me at least)

Age: 18+

Recommendation: Yes, this one is a good mix between disturbing and thrilling. With heavy themes, this book is pretty cringe worthy.

Type: Stand-alone

Summary: +interesting plot +/-disturbing themes +descriptive -rushed ending +unpredictable +well built main (Steven).

Description:

“Ready?” Sandy asked.

Steven’s heart hammered in his chest. He turned to her and placed his hands on her shoulders, a solemn look on his face. “Look, if something gets
Jeff Jellets
Jul 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, freebie

More a family psychodrama than horror story or thriller.

Downloading free ebooks is the literary equivalent of roulette – when the download icon quits spinning, you’re never quite sure what you’ve got – and that’s the fun of it, I guess, especially when you discover a hidden gem.

R.S. Anthony’s Pork isn’t exactly one of those surprise diamonds, but it’s far from coal either. The story sets-up nicely as lonely teenager Steven stumbles upon an unconscious little girl in the woods. With the decidedly
Chanda
Dec 18, 2016 rated it liked it
It was ok

The story was decent, a quick cover to cover read for me. It was entertaining and held my attention. The ending with the big reveal felt rushed. The story ending needed to be developed and expanded more. I don't regret grabbing this book, free on Amazon at the time. I would try another book from this author
TheWelshbird
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. The author has a lovely writing style with clear, sparse prose that allows the story to breath. Bit by bit each character plays a part in unraveling the mystery of where Pork has come from.

My only gripe is I would have liked more of an emotional punch to the ending.

But overall a satisfying read.
Glasgowgal
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
There is lots of sandwich making, eating sandwiches and talking about sandwiches going on here. I thought it was going to be a horror story based off of the cover art, but that wasn't the case. Not bad, just okay.
Katy Wall
Jul 16, 2016 rated it liked it
In all these reviews I see, they state this was kind of dark and a thriller. I didn't see that really. It was an enjoyable read though. It did end abruptly with and unexpected ending. But dark and thrilling is not what I would use to describe this book.
Janice Kujawa
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved This Book

Pork was so believable. Poor Stevie with the life he led just looking for a friend. He found one in Pork. Good reading all the way through. Looking forward to next book by Anthony.
Viki George
Jul 23, 2016
Kareninsacramento
Jul 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hallow Graves (Rue Hallow Mysteries #1)
  • Curses & Cupcakes (A Stella Storm Cozy Witch Mystery Book 1)
  • Inconvenient Murder (Inept Witches #1)
  • Waterfell Tweed Cozy Mystery Series: Box Set 1 (Books #1-3)
  • An Old Fashioned Murder Mystery (Cloverleaf Cove Mystery #2)
  • The Devil's Daughter: Books One - Three (The Devil's Daughter, #1-3)
  • The Art & Craft of Murder (Whistler's Cove #1)
  • Pick-Up Line: A New Orleans Love Story (Formerly Side Effects)
  • The Perfect Recipe for Murder (Cloverleaf Cove Mystery #1)
  • Pineapple Pack: Pineapple Port Mystery Series Books 1-3
  • Angeli Trilogy (Angeli #1-3)
  • The Final Arrangement (Flower Shop Mystery #1)
  • Life Without Shoes (Father Ambrose #1)
  • 7th Street Crew: Books 1-2 (7th Street Crew, #1-2)
  • A French Girl in New York (The French Girl #1)
  • Massage & Murder (A Cozy Spa Mystery #1)
  • The River Witch (The River Witch #1)
  • Edwina
Rosemary Anthony writes suspense fiction with a twist. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Management from the University of Science Malaysia and recently made the jump from writing official documents to writing fiction novels. Blessed with 17 nephews and nieces, she finds the world of young adults to be a thrilling source of inspiration for her books.

Rosemary lives in a small town in Malaysia and