Start by marking “Song for a Viking (Think of England, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Song for a Viking

K.J. Charles

Song for a Viking

(Think of England #1.5)

This story was written as part of a donation drive for Nepal after the devastating earthquake earlier this year . If you’re reading it and you haven’t already, please consider putting in a few pounds/dollars/currency of choice
for people in desperate and ongoing need.

‘Song for a Viking’ takes place during/just after the events of the last chapter of Think of England and wil
Published 2015

To ask other readers questions about Song for a Viking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Song for a Viking

Ingie
Review written September 2, 2016

3 1/2 Stars - Just a few pages but a long-awaited reunion

Book #1.5

At last!! I really liked, or actually loved, Think of England (4 1/2 stars) and it was great to meet these characters Daniel da Silva and Archie Curtis once again. (Still crossing my fingers for a full length sequel novel.)

Free to get here: http://kjcharleswriter.com/free-reads/

I LIKE - everything by K.J. Charles

photo image_zps2stys5j0.jpeg
Meep
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
Love this little re-visit to Daniel and Archie of 'Think of England' you'd need to read the book first to have any context. Not sure how I've managed to miss it's existence for so long.

Nice to see Daniel's pov and it was how I imagined him, the attempt to be aloof while his heart led him astray. And honest earnest Archie.

Lots of personality, wondering where the sequel will take us.
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
I love how much and how well Archie surprises Daniel. Tee hee!
and hummina hummina...

me want more, please.
M'rella
I am so tempted to attach "viking" tag to these books, lol

What a thing of beauty: love the writing, love the setting, love the characters. Please, dear God of all things historical and gay (original meaning implies too, of course) let there be book two! Please, dear God, aka KJ Charles, let there be more Daniel and Archie on our bookshelves.

Many many thanks for all the pages we already have :)

Kira, what would I do without you? ;)

UPDATE:
....and here I found Archie Curtis ♥♥♥

Don't argue with me.
Catherine
Man, Charles is a special writer. Even in a few short pages, she blows me away.
Lala
Daniel's POV, at last! And it's to die for!

I'm soooo looking forward to the sequel...hope it comes soon.
CrabbyPatty
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A short 12-page expansion of the end of K.J. Charles' simply wonderful "Think of England." More insight into Daniel and Archie. I would dearly love to have another book with Archie and Daniel!
Dαɴιjα

It's been almost a year since I read Think of England, so my memory of it is at best a bit fuzzy, but Song for a Viking reminded me of the most important thing about it: I want Archie and Daniel's story to continue in future books.

This story takes place during and after the last chapter of Think of England, so before starting Song for a Viking it is best to go back to ToE, and reread the ending, just like KJ Charles recommended.

I can't remember if ToE had few or no chapters written in Daniel's
Maya
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it

Ahh, I missed these two!

Anke
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short and fun and entertaining - and yes, the author's advice at the beginning was very good, as without re-reading the final chapter of the first book I would have been lost.
UltraMeital
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one was written solely from Daniel's POV, it was great being inside his head and seeing how much Archie meant to him and how much he wanted him in his life but couldn't see it happening, couldn't see Archie coming through and finding him. Yet he underestimated Archie.. Having Archie, surrendering to his secret wants and needs was sweet to read. Daniel isn't a brave man, though he is courageous in his own way, removing his guards in front of Archie is obviously one of the most difficult thin ...more
Jason Bradley
Jun 25, 2016 added it
Shelves: ebook, m-m
Perfect addition to Think of England.
Sunny
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5
Thesincouch
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, lgbtqia-2017
I'm so glad this exists, I did need a bit more to deal with the fantastic book-hangover that Think of England gave me.
⚣❣☙ Michaelle ❧❣⚣
4.1 Stars
Trix
Sep 30, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm so glad this little story was from da Silva's pov. I wish the sequel (if there will be one) is also from his point of view. Would make for a nice change.

But I digress. (view spoiler)
Kira
I've read this short a while back, last year, when it was shared in K.J. FB group, and completely missed its appearance on Goodreads.
It's a very well-crafted story, with an ending that returns to bite the beginning on its tail, and a must-read if you liked Archie and Daniel.
4 stars only because the full-length book would be better. :)
Lotta
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
A lovely look at Archie's and Daniel's reunion from Daniel's point of view.
Pépin Pomme
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical-gay
Aw, Daniel, poor little Daniel, I love him so much. It was great, having an opportunity to see things his way.
Ferus
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Think of England was the first KJ Charles book I read, and I was instantly hooked on her books. That having been said, I was unaware that she had written a short little coda to it, and so I've only just now read this one.

If you liked Think of England, then this gives the story a lovely sense of closure, especially since it seems like we're not going to get any more stories of Archie and Daniel. Which makes me sad, but given all the other books she's written, I can hardly complain.

The story picks
J.L.
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: november-2018
This story takes place immediately after the novel Think of England and is best read with the ending of the book in mind.

I enjoyed this view into Daniel's mind, and part of me wishes we'd seen his point of view during during the main novel. He is scathing of Archie Curtis in the most loving way possible, which is both humorous and poignant. This story makes me definitely want more of their continuing adventures.
Book  Minx
Glad to get Daniel’s POV, esp considering how problematic the noncon ending to ToE was. I am still left somewhat unsatisfied though.

Someone in a KJC forum suggested a sequel a few years down the road where the issues, including those around consent, have overcome the love and they’ve broke up and then must both actually grow in order to get back together and I would read TF outta that.
Kara
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-novel

A fun extra that ties-in with the end of Think of England.
Chancellor Fangirl
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun little follow up story to Think of England. Honestly, I would happily read a series of these two having spy adventures and great sex.
Lily
May 07, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
Chloé
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Too short ! I really want another story with Daniel and Curtis ❤ ...more
Marianne
This was a very sweet epilogue to Think of England. I loved the poetry.
Beth
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun peek at the last scene of Think of England from the other point of view.
Jojo
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WE GOT DANIEL'S POV!!
And it was all that I hoped for. Amusing and vulnerable and gorgeous.
HEARTS in my EYES!
Molli B.
Daniel POV!! ♥

Sweet follow-up to Think of England. These two are really hilarious.

Please let there be more!
I'm a writer of romance, mostly m/m, often historical or fantasy or both.

I'm also a freelance editor, and I blog about writing and editing at kjcharleswriter.com.

I live in London, UK, with husband, two kids, and a cat of absolute night.

Follow me on Twitter @kj_charles or friend me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/kj.charles.9

Think of England (1 books)
  • Think of England (Think of England, #1)