Start by marking “Fury Rising (Dark Inside #3)” as Want to Read:
Fury Rising (Dark Inside #3)

Fury Rising

(Dark Inside #3)

The third and final novel in the Dark Inside series.

It’s been nine months since the earthquakes destroyed most of the world and the Baggers awakened. Now Aries, Mason, Clementine and Michael must fight the final battle for their lives. Only this time, the sides aren’t quite so clear. And it looks like the only people who can help, are the very killers themselves.

There’s a
Paperback, First, 404 pages
Published June 9th 2016 by JR Books Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Fury Rising, please sign up.
Phoebe If you don't finish the book, the plot will never be concluded. The climax pretty much occurs in this book. Before it was published, I always wondered…moreIf you don't finish the book, the plot will never be concluded. The climax pretty much occurs in this book. Before it was published, I always wondered how things would end, because there were a lot of unanswered plots in the second book. The idea of perspectives will always repeat, but that's more of the foundation of the book. The good thing though, is that in every book it's something different, and there are various conflicts and relationships that are explored within each novel. Wonderful book, all three of them in the series, to be honest. Worth the read.(less)

karen
Sep 17, 2016 marked it as to-read
it took a complete stranger emailing me to inquire why i hadn't reviewed this yet for me to even learn it existed.

thank you, stranger danger!

Sam
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oof my heart!!! What a excellent end to an excellent series!!!
Brittany
Apr 11, 2016 marked it as second-tbr
Oh my god! FINALLY!!!
Jenna
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ohh Wow what an ending, I kind off hope one day the author will change her mind and continue the series or a spin off series. I loved the books, the world building, the characters, the way they had their unique voice and story to tell. I was pulled me in, the books were action packed, fast paced and just a great series.
TheBookBabe
Apr 20, 2016 marked it as to-read
I am so pumped for this book! Now I will finally be able to hold it and cherish it when it comes out.
Pamem
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
The release of the book was a surprise, and it was a pleasant one!
A nice closure to the story, it left several open ends but otherwise it would have felt forced.

Cristina Roock
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-must-read
Amazing end to one of my favorite series. This book took longer to release because the author self published but it was well worth the wait.
Melissa **Just Really Loves Musicals**
Hmmm.. I have no idea what to write. I have very mixed feelings on this conclusion, and it's hard to say why.

I adored book 1, enjoyed book 2 a lot, but this one fell a little flat for me. It wasn't terrible. 3 stars isn't a bad rating, it shows I did enjoy it. But just, sadly, not as much as the previous books.

I think the main problem was the time. I picked this book up but just as I was half way through, ACOWAR came out, and I HAD to start ACOWAR straight away. Then, after ACOWAR, I just wasn'
♥ Marlene♥
Finally finished all 3 books. Perhaps because I had to re read the 2 other books again and then immediately (okay 1 book in between) began reading this I am not loving it as everybody else does.

There were weird jokes being made constantly while they were in danger. I think what is the biggest flaw of the books especially this one, is people do not act this way.
Someone who was on the verge of death and was not able to walk cannot beat an entire crew of meanies 15 minutes later.
People do not make
Demi
Jan 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, read-in-2017
lazy as hell ending but alrighty
Kelsy
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good ending to an incredible trilogy...So sad it's over, but loved the journey with Aries, David, Mason, Clem, Michael and many others. May the light continue to shine in humans.
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
May 16, 2017 rated it liked it
(This review may contain spoilers).

I've read (and now re-read) the previous two books in this trilogy. Even after reading this one, though, I would still consider book one to be my favourite.

While I did still find this book to be really engaging and I cared about more characters than just the main ones, while I was reading this, I felt like all I was doing was waiting for the real end to come.

I'll be honest. I liked Aries, Mason and Daniel as separate characters, but I was really off the love tr
Kim Smiley
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
I had to reread the first two books in this series since it was 5 yrs. ago that I had read this amazing story. I think it may have been even better the second time around. I had always wished for a third book in this series and I was thrilled to find out that one finally existed.

And it left me very happy, to revisit Aries, Clementine, Michael, Mason, Daniel, Jack, Joy and the others that followed in this group of survivors.

The only one I wasn't happy to read about was Colin. An ass from book one
Mona Lisa (ForestGreenReader)
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: personal-library
I don't like series/trilogies that have endings that feel incomplete, rushed, or leave me with more questions than answers.

There were inconsistency and tons of grammatical errors.

1. Jordan was such an interesting character, and he followed his brother across half the country. But by the end of the book, we don't hear anything else about him or his thoughts on his brother. After following his brother for so long and hoping there was a cure for him- he just forgets about him?
2. We've seen Clementi
Amy Braun
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
A pretty good conclusion to an action-packed series. There were definitely some suspenseful moments and lots of emotions, and no one was safe. The story flowed nicely and the characters were back doing what they did best. I really liked the introduction of the Ferals and almost wish they'd been more involved in the story somehow. I would have loved to know a little more about them! I'm totally going to miss Daniel and Mason's interactions, Aries's strength, and Clementine and Michael's romance. ...more
Faith
Jun 06, 2018 rated it liked it
First things first, The spelling errors and missing words were killing my focus so badly!

Still trying to figure why Aries was so obsessed over. Yea she has some kind of power, but that wasn’t really touched on that much and turned out to be anticlimactic when it came right down to it.

Honestly Clementine didn’t get the credit she deserved. She was bad ass and she got her brother back but at the same time she lost Michael. WHICH IM STILL MAD ABOUT!

I’m glad Mason survived he deserved to survive a
Erica Patricia
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Meh seemed a bit rush and choppy. Wasn't as smooth as her last 2 books were. The chracters are the same but I really didn't care about them this time. Maybe? Because it took 4 years to finally get the last novel??
Also I think the version I got was not the completed consumer copy. It had wrong words and sentence required restructuring.

The ending is meh nothing special. I don't know if the publishers rushed Roberts to close the series. It didn't have the same excitement as the other 2.
Jen Ru
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Meh - no real reason other than some.of my favorites died and this just felt forced more so than the other two and it was published by a weird publisher without the previous font Changes for characters like the first two. LOVED how the whole series started - I was hooked but it was just kind of a slow let down.
Mel
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exbrarian Dave Howard
Flawed but fun

Recommended! It’s far from perfect, but it’s fun post-apocalyptic YA that’s worth your time if that’s your thing. An editor could have made this a 4 star review, but the abundance of errors and omissions pulled me out of the story too often.
Adriana
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ashley Tomlinson
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't know how I didn't know this book existed. I loved the other books in this series and honestly gave up hope of this book ever coming out. So I ask again how the hell did I not know about this book? It was so good and had a great ending that really gave me some closure. I always hate when the end of a series leaves me with questions and I think this one pretty much closed all of the gaps.

The same old characters are back again this time with a newbie that *gasp* has a freaking gun. It's ab
Tamera Crutcher
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
So I’ve waited on this book for over 3 years and I read it in 2 hrs with over 400 pages. The ending was perfect (this was the last book of the series — I would recommend everyone to go read this series!!). I do think that Jeyn felt pressured in writing this book because I did feel like it was really rushed but not in a bad way. It’s just that when I’m reading a book that I get so invested into these characters and their lives. Like when I finish a book that doesn’t have a sequel (like for exampl ...more
Henri Moreaux
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story from Dead Inside & Rage Within continues with Fury Rising; once again we follow Aries, Mason & Clemintine and company as they face upto a collapsing society and seemingly possessed people ('Baggers') who have been overtaken with the darkness inside them turning into monsters with no regret, restraint or remorse.

There's more action with an attack on Aries' home base and Bagger HQ. More of the group sadly drops away and Colin the douchebag true colours are shown.

I very much enjoy
Bittie
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So I started this trilogy a few years ago and it has quickly become a favourite. I love the characters and have watched them struggle, genuinely feeling it. No book as made me feel more. But after a reading slump I never read the last... until today. And I couldn’t stop.

I’ve cried. I’ve laughed. I’ve witnessed it all. And I will never get over this book. It’s not happy. It’s not joyous. But I love it and it’s amazing. It’s hard to believe it’s over.

Phenomenal writing, and powerful words. A fav
Maggie
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yes!!!! I wanted another book in this series ad it happened. I was so pumped when I saw Fury Rising was published and I couldn't wait till I had time sit down and read it. I wasn't disappointed. I was confused this whole trilogy who NOTHING was but that was solved with the last insert of the book, which just gave me a smile. It's sad that there were so many deaths in this installment but those I loved the most did survive, and some even went beyond that. I am extremely satisfied :)
Kim
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: borrowed, to-insta
Book number 3 in the Dark Inside series

The group has grown since the last book still trying to survive and those Baggers which are still around.

I enjoyed this book its tied up loose ends, and the ongoing story in the series finally comes to a climax! The story is told from different perspectives so you can get a rounder and more in depth story. The chapters are varied but quite fast paced.

Definitely will keep an eye out for other works by this author
Cassie W
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect Ending to a Great Trilogy

I’ve been waiting for this book for a while. I couldn’t find it in the library, but I had to get it so I could find out what happened to all the characters I fell in love with in the first two books. And boy, I was not disappointed. This book was action packed and full of emotion. I might have cried a little, too. But I’m glad it was a fairly happy ending.
Bri Taylor
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am so sad that the series is over. I loved the world that Jeyn created, and I loved the characters. For most of the time. I did have a few issues with this book, a lot of them being the fact that I felt it was like a second draft with many typos, but I’m still giving it 5 Stars because of how well the series captured my attention and tugged my heart strings.
Blue
This book was so hard to find as it seems the publisher did not publish it the same way it did books 1 and 2.

I had to re-read the first two books in the series multiple times before I managed to get my hands on this one.

While I preferred the first two this was still a great book and a great "ending" to the series.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Fata Morgana
  • The White Raven
  • All Fall Down: The Landslide Diary of Abby Roberts
  • Turn (Humanity's Edge Trilogy #1)
  • Stars In Her Eyes (Sparkstone Saga #1)
  • Logan und Gwen  (Das verbotene Eden, #2)
  • The Zom-B Chronicles
  • Shadow in Hawthorn Bay
  • The Girl at the Center of the World (Islands at the End of the World, #2)
  • The Maestro
  • The Boy Who Reversed Himself
  • The Giant (Quarantine, #4)
  • Valley of Fires (Conquered Earth, #3)
  • A Year in the Life of a Total and Complete Genius (Arthur Bean #1)
  • Untitled (Annex, #4)
  • The Three Sisters Bar and Hotel
  • Ghosts (Hell Divers, #2)
  • The Worlds We Make (Fallen World, #3)
Jeyn Roberts (pronounced Jen - the Y is silent)grew up in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, and started writing at an early age, having her first story published when she was 16 in a middle-grade anthology called LET ME TELL YOU.

When she was 21, she moved to Vancouver with dreams of being a rock star, graduating from the University of British Columbia with a degree in Writing and Psychology. For the next

Dark Inside (3 books)
  • Dark Inside (Dark Inside, #1)
  • Rage Within (Dark Inside, #2)