Start by marking “Truthsight” as Want to Read:

(The Outcast Mage #1)

Doctor Amy spends her nights running a secret clinic for supernatural creatures. When she is forced to use her magic to save the lives of a centaur infant and its mother, she vows never to regret her decision, no matter the consequences. Not even when the Mages capture her, beat her, and condemn her to die.

Before the sentence can be carried out, Amy is abducted by a myste
Published September 6th 2016 by City Owl Press

To ask other readers questions about Truthsight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truthsight

Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
3.75 star rating

Compelling from the get go! I love a fresh perspective in a fantasy world. I think it’s much needed in this massively popular genre.

Truthsight kept the momentum ‘til the very last page; it’s filled with a wide range of characters and worlds combining to make a well thought-out story. My only criticism is that I wanted more. More inner dialogue from the main character, Doctor Amy. I wanted to spend more time in her head, really getting to the heart of who she is and what makes he
Mara
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy

Bit of a weird book with uneven pacing and a shaky world building. The heroine came out too often as a martyr, the "yes please kill me for my sins" type. A pity as both she and the book started strong and fresh with a healer as a main character. The "romantic thread" seemed to be an afterthought.

But it's unusual enough if you are looking for something different.
JadeShea
This story begins with Amy helping out at the clinic she has, but when one of her patients may end up dying she uses her powers to help save her. That ends up bringing a world of trouble to her door, and she must do what she can to save those around her.

This book was okay. I liked the over all idea of the story, but I had a hard time connecting with the characters. And I was a bit annoyed with how they skipped from one thing to another, I got lost a little along the way. Other than that, it was
Kelly Moore
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Truthsight is very well written and imaginative. It takes you on a journey of mythical creatures from Centaurs, leshies to mages all with different magical powers. They form a bond together to fight bad magic and to save Dr. Amy's life, who has saved many of theirs. Dr. Amy is a healer and is both blessed and cursed with her power of Truthsight. She made a quick decision that helped one, but inadvertently caused the deaths of others so she is being hunted.
I don't want to give any spoilers away.
Anna Hirsch
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Truthsight by Miriam Greystone
5 Stars

Miriam Greystone weaves an enchanting tale of ancient supernatural creatures. The characters and their stories are so real it's as if you are there beside them. I was intrigued from the moment I started the book and remained enthralled until the very end. I couldn't put the book down, needing to know what would happen next. I loved the fact that she used mythical creatures such as centaurs, pixies and gnomes instead of the usual vampires and werewolves. She
Kerry
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Truthsight By Miriam Greystone
4 Stars * * * *
Truthsight is an enchanting story about Dr Anna or Asa as she is also known who is a Doctor in ER during the day and a Doctor that runs a night clinic for the supernatural. She is forced to use her magic to protect others.
She is captured by mages and condemned to death. Whilst hanging from the tree awaiting for the arrival or her impending death, Rowan comes to Dr Anna’s rescue. Knowing of her abilities he needs her to save his father’s life by heali
Jen
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

Now THAT was a story! What a freaking amazing book! The world building and details...so intricate. I was in the worst story slump, trying to find a new book...but finding each to be as repetitive as the last. Until this. Thank God!
Heather McCorkle
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A unique take on paranormal romance with unexpected creatures in a fully fleshed out world with characters to live for. It's like the love-child of Harrison's Hollows' series and Briggs's Mercy Thompson series. I loved it and can hardly wait to see what else Greystone has in store for us.
Sue
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Author Miriam Greystone
5 Stars

Not normally my type of book but I have to admit as soon as I started reading it couldn’t put it down until it was finished.

Asa who is for now going by the name of Amy is hiding from her mage clan who are trying to find her for being a traitor. She is safe enough if she doesn’t use her Truthsight. Asa currently has a medical clinic at her home for all the species out there that may need her help. She runs the clinic with the help of Jason who all his life
Myriam
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: miriam-greystone
This is a story of Asa, a person with magic who escaped her clan and lives among ordinary humans. There is a certain palpable melancholy about her character, which she fights off by helping people during the day in the ER and supernaturnals at night at her own clinic. She is on the run, hiding from her past and her people and assumed name Amy. She is ridden with guilt based partially on incomplete information and partially on ignorance on her part.
The build up is slow and thorough, and we get to
Amber
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Truthsight is a standalone book (as of now) and can be read as such. I have to start off by saying that I REALLY enjoyed this book. The writing was great and the characters were well written. I really liked Asa the mage and the fact that she was a healer who wanted to help everybody and I really liked Rowan and how after just meeting Asa he claimed her and basically protected her. This book has all kinds of creatures and is a super fun fantasy. Asa has a clinic that she helps all the prenaturals ...more
Ash
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good.

Fantasy. Strong, caring, stubborn, mage healer heroine. Asa is a traitor to her clan. She has been in hiding for years. She works at an ER during the day and runs a clinic for supernaturals at night. While helping with a birth of a centaur, she has to use her mage ability to save both mother and baby. Having clued her clan on her location, she leaves to protect the clinic she built and the people she's helped. The clan captures her to be executed for her betrayal. Hanging in wait, Asa is
Bee
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has everything I love about reading. A book that you're sad to read to reach the end of....the romance is the only bit that feels a bit disjointed, but I fell in love with the characters and I think that's far more important. The plot twists and turns and branches off without being confusing and everything is tied together in the end (except Tany! I want to know what happened to Tany!). Highly recommend for anyone who likes fantasy.
T.
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truthsight was a pleasant surprise-- a unique storyline, imaginative world-building, and characters the reader will root for (and loathe). A new author for me, but I've already added book 2 to my TBR and downloaded another book of a different series. Great author with an engaging writing style.
Scott Drummond
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very nice read. Truthsight has very interesting world building, Fae races and characters. I very much enjoyed the interactions with the earth in the story. I look forward to book 2!
LZW
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Truthsight is Book One of the Outcast Mage series by Miriam Greystone that I gave 4 out of 5 stars. This is a paranormal romance series that I couldn’t put down! It is written in first person narrative by the main character, Amy. She is a physician in charge of a clinic that treats only the supernatural. She is also a mage with extraordinary healing skills, but the creatures she treats think that she is just a human.

Amy is hiding her powers from the supernatural world relying solely on modern m
Brittany
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is not my particular type of book I usually read. I had read another series from this author and thought it was fantastic so I figured I would give this one a try.

This book surprised me. It was so good! I had no idea what some of the mythcial creatures were in this book. (Apparently folklore isn't my strong suit) but by the end of the book I had a pretty good grasp on them. I found this book to be orginal and a breath of fresh air.
There is a bit of romance in this book but it's more about
Jenni Bishop
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truthsight (Outcast Mage Book 1) by Miriam Greystone is the first book in the series and is great. Miriam's magical world is a unique take on paranormal romance. The creatures are different and wondrous, from mythical creatures such as Centaurs and Leshies, Pixies and Gnomes to Mages and magical powers. Dr. Amy, who is a magical healer and who has the power of Truthsight, helps save the creatures who come for help. But the evil is let loose and she is being hunted. Will she be able to keep all t ...more
S
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn’t put it down. Miriam Greystone has used her extensive skills for rich world building to create an amazing fantastical world with an extensive cast of characters so fascinating that I didn’t want to leave.

The journeys of Amy and Rowan were so interesting each on their own. Putting them together, their challenges mirror each other. I loved the way Amy and Rowan each had to find their own strength. And how for one of them strength was having a friend to fight by your side while for the ot
Sunday
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Truthsight by Miriam Greystone, brings such a colorful and vast description of mythical creatures in this debut book. Truthsight is a fast paced book that I couldn't put down. Amy is a strong heroine whose kindness leads her into trouble with her distant Clan who she is running from. Rowan is looking for a home to call his own, and the two of them take the reader on a fantastic adventure. I don’t know how she does it, but Miriam brings alive a whole new universe of pixies, centaurs, mage and les ...more
Linda Dolven
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So original

Loved this. Very unique and creative. There were some aspects of Amy that bugged me a bit, but that’s probably more because the heroines I usually read about are more kickass and aggressive. Amy is a healer, which doesn’t work so well when those you’re wanting to care for are trying to kill you. But it’s true to her nature and her loving and kind soul, so I guess I can forgive her for not being blood thirsty :-) I love Rowan! What an interesting character he is! I don’t want to spoil
jessica
Oct 18, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No spoilers

This book has a great summary but has to be one of the slowest books I've ever written. I'm not a quitter so I finished it but I won't read further into the series. The whole book could have been written in a chapter and been great, stretched out into a book made it a painstaking read. Unless you like being bored to tears don't read this book. Good premise, horrible book
Adrienne Testa
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fascinating and powerful story, that has the reader turning the pages. You can't help but cheer for Amy and Rowan, as they face the prejudices and overcome each of the obstacles that stand in their way. As Amy slowly learns the truth about Meri and Shani, she also learns the truth about herself. She is a healer that helps who ever needs help. Even if the mages and other paranormal feel other wise.
Arlene
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally found a good one

I've been having this phase where I can't seem to find a good book to really connect with. I've read like 3 samples and discarded them not even finishing before I stumbled into this one.
Really interesting premise with all sorts of fae and paranormal characters I haven't encountered before.

Will be reading book 2 now.
Julie
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worth Reading!!!

This is my first book that I have read by this author and I was not disappointed. This story has a very well written world that the author brings to life. The characters personalities are very good and the action scenes can be followed by the reader. Recommend you buy this book. This is a very well written story!
Katy Kendrick
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So intriguing

This book really held my attention. The story building and fantasy factors of the world compiled with the great story line made this truly enjoyable.
The author has a way of sucking you in and hanging on to see how everything unfolds b
Michelle
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating

This story was fantastic. The characters were entertaining and engaging and intriguing. The storyline was captivating and interesting. Definitely a series I want to continue.
April Lambert
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG, what a fantastic world with breathtaking creatures and delightfully flawed characters. It has been a long time since I've so completely fallen in love with a fictional realm. Hope there are many more to come in the series. Thank you, Miriam for sharing this amazing place with us!
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Truthsight

Wow! A fantastically unique paranormal fantasy that was enchanting! I loved the characters and how selfless and strong hearted they were.
I really enjoyed the mythology and all the different and unique creatures!
I can’t wait for more!!
Airwreckah
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heroines self recrimination was too much.
Goodreads Librari...: Book Cover help 4 11 Dec 28, 2017 01:58PM
  • Destroy
  • Hidden By Faerie (Stolen Magic, #3)
  • The Wild Rites Saga Boxed Set (The Wild Rites Saga #1-4)
  • The SEAL's Second Chance (Alpha Ops, #3)
  • Undercover Magic (Shifty Magic, #2)
  • Branded by Fire (Blood & Magic, #4)
  • Bone Deep (No Mercy, #3)
  • Way of the Warrior (Troubleshooters, #16.7; Deep Six, #0.5; Elite Force, #4.5; Justiss Alliance, #3.5; West Coast Navy SEALs, #3.5; Night Stalkers, #11.1; Protect and Serve, #0.5; Endgame Ops, #0.5)
  • Keelzebub (Keeley Thomson, #2)
  • Dirty Boxing (Blood and Glory, #1)
  • Night Sins
  • Deeper Than Dreams (Love & Steel, #1.5)
  • Norse Jewel (Norse, #1)
  • Tooth and Claw (The Harry Russo Diaries, #2)
  • Darkest Heart (Dominion, #1)
  • Girl Three
  • Rebound Remedy
  • With Ties That Bind (With Ties That Bind: Broken Bonds #1)
I write urban fantasy stories filled with magic, romance and the occasional centaur. I generally fuel my creativity with an insatiable appetite for reading and frequent episodes of Doctor Who. (And lots and lots of Diet Coke.) My love for language is expressed, both in my writing, and in my day job as a sign language interpreter. I live just outside of Washington DC with my husband, my kids, and m ...more

The Outcast Mage (2 books)
  • Winter's Mage (The Outcast Mage, #2)