Start by marking “It Runs at Night (The Water Boils, #1)” as Want to Read:
It Runs at Night (The Water Boils, #1)

It Runs at Night (The Water Boils, #1)

“Suddenly, I hear a low gurgling behind me, but still, at a distance. I quickly turn around, but all I see is the dry flat landscape. I realize that I’m short on breath. I feel anxious. The same anxiety I feel when I turn off the lights in a room and sense this weird prickling on my back, anticipating something to come from behind and pull me into the darkness.”

After her
Published March 22nd 2016

To ask other readers questions about It Runs at Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Runs at Night

Start your review of It Runs at Night (The Water Boils, #1)
Glen
I won this book in a good reads drawing.

When Lolita's brother, Federico disappears, she goes looking for him down in Mexico, which can be a very dangerous place.

She goes from being an innocent girl to a female Rambo very quickly.
Claire Luana
Jun 06, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a chilling and suspenseful short story about a young girl who goes looking for her brother. When Lolita's brother Frederico goes missing, she is filled with guilt and wants to find him. In the course of her journey, she finds herself lost and alone in a deserted valley...but maybe...not alone.

The story takes an eerie turn when Lolita starts hearing voices and sounds, though she thinks it is her imagination. But it turns out it is something much worse.

This was a fast read and the writi
James Dhanjal
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I thought this book was written well and I appreciate how the words flowed.

The story itself is intriguing and action packed although I think a sub-plot woven into the story may have given it some good pacing

The only small issue I have is that the protagonist narrator is accurate with time and measurement, for me that takes away some of the feelings of pressure that she is under. Other than that I'm looking forward to the second part.
CHRISTIAN AGUILAR
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story

Cant wait for the next one! Couldn't put it down at work and finished in only few hours lol love the metaphors Denny! Lmao
Jelena Milenković
Title: It Runs at Night
Author: L. Danny Perez
Review: 4.5/5 🌟's

Warning 📢

Do not read it at night by yourself!

I sure as hell didn't (it wasn't intentional, I was a bit sick, so I've read it in the middle of the day)

It turned out that that was a good decision!

This book gave me chills!

It was like a Supernatural and The X Files collision!

It was very well written and full of action and constant fear and looking over your shoulder.
But it ended so quickly! I want that part 2!
At the end of the novel we
Brittany
May 04, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It had a good premise, but it really fell flat for me.There was no character development. The main character was Lolita, but we do not know anything about her. Her age and looks are never mentioned in the book, so it was hard trying to picture her while reading. The story seemed very rushed and didn't have a conclusion at the end. We are just expected to buy Volume 2 to find out the ending to Volume 1. The book is only 81 pages , so I don't understand why it is even separated into multiple books ...more
Jelena
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book as a Giveaway winner, got a signature and a poster. It was the first book I read in the English language, I find it really interesting and am looking forward to part two.. :)
An Extremely Avid Reader's Reviews
The best description for this book/series in 10 words or less:
"Girl risks everything for the love for her brother."

I really enjoyed the writing style of this short story. It's very similar to the way I write when I write fictional pieces. The style of the writing is engaging and makes the book easy and it seems like it goes so fast when you read it. I wish it was longer because it felt so short, but that's also because it's a short story. I knew what I signed up for, but by the end of it, it ma
Jessica
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I won this book from a Goodreads Giveaway.

This was a very quick and easy read. I feel like this book might be better for younger readers, and that could be why I didn't enjoy it too much. It seemed like a lot of it was rushed. It jumps from one thing to the next very quickly and I wish some parts had been described in more detail.

It had potential. I liked the idea behind it. Maybe the next installment will be better, but I just don't think it was for me.
Abby Lewis
Francis Carrière
The story is very intriguing. Everything happens very quick and thats what kept me intrigued. You dont know whats going to happen. I'd like to read the second part to get some more details.
Susan Robjant
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was enjoyable to read. realy easy and a quick read. look forward to the next volumes of it.
Shannon
This is a very short introduction to a story. Lolita, while trying to find her missing brother, encounters danger. The writing was ok but the story needed more details. I felt like the back story was missing and it was hard to connect with Lolita and her adventure.

I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway, but the opinion is all my own
Madeline
Jun 28, 2017
Martin Joe Sullivan
Jul 30, 2017
Siga
rated it did not like it
Oct 03, 2018
Lace
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very well written book, that is very easy to read. It is super short which means I was able to read it in one day. The plot is original and really pulls you in to the book. I am really looking forward to volume 2. I would recommend this book to fans of thriller/suspense books.
Steven Ridgely
Jul 05, 2017
Susann
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy read but still got me chills sometimes. Curious to read more.
Tovah
Mar 31, 2016
Diana
Mar 03, 2017
Kristyn Stimach
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. A quick read, that did keep me intrigued throughout the whole story and I am looking forward to Volume II. There's a lot of potential for this to be such a great novel, just needs more development of the backstory and the plot. I did enjoy the story though.
Silvanna
Dec 17, 2016
L. DANNY PEREZ WAS BORN IN HUNTINGTON PARK, CA, THE YOUNGEST OF FIVE. HE BEGAN WRITING FAN FICTION AFTER READING HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE AT THE AGE OF TWELVE. SOON AFTER, HE BEGAN WRITING HIS OWN FICTIONAL STORIES, KEEPING THEM ALL PRIVATE. AFTER LIVING IN HIS CAR FOR A PERIOD OF EIGHT MONTHS, 21-YEAR-OLD DANNY BEGAN WRITING WITH A PURPOSE. HIS DEBUT SHORT STORY IT RUNS AT NIGHT VOLU ...more

News & Interviews