Start by marking “Ice Crypt (Mermaids of Eriana Kwai, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ice Crypt (Mermaids of Eriana Kwai, #2)

Ice Crypt

(Mermaids of Eriana Kwai #2)

Meela has just returned from the Massacre—the annual attempt to wipe out the mermaids threatening her people’s survival. After forming an unlikely connection with Lysi, a mermaid she was trained to kill, Meela is determined to stop the war between humans and merpeople for good. She knows of a legendary weapon that could bring peace if she uses it against King Adaro, ruler ...more
Published July 12th 2016 by Rogue Cannon Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ice Crypt, please sign up.
Cassandra J. Check her website, I think there is artwork and a title.
Stealing the Wind by Shira AnthonyBlood in the Water by Megan DerrLove Rising by Piper VaughnKraken by M. CaspianInto the Wind by Shira Anthony
Queer Merfolk
143 books — 175 voters
Ice Massacre by Tiana WarnerThe Seafarer's Kiss by Julia EmberThe Secret of Mermaid Cove by Megan DerrThe Witch Sea by Sarah DiemerOut of Her Depth by Pike Martell
Queer mermaids
24 books — 26 voters

More lists with this book...

Tiana Warner
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: mermaids
Not to be modest or anything, but this is my best book yet. *hugs pages*
lov2laf
Ice Crypt is a worthy sequel to Ice Massacre but different in style.

Ice Massacre was a dark edge-of-your-seat action packed adventure with two female armies fighting to decimate each other. It was a true grit blood bath that I loved and I'm not even a fan of blood.

In Ice Crypt we get a much slower, balanced story with alternating view points between the main characters Meela and Lysi. Lysi's storyline is more action based while Meela's is a meandering of sorts where we feel her frus
Nick
Feb 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
I finally have this book and I am so excited. The first one was awesome, I hope this one's too.
Tyler J [They/He] (Wickedjr Reads)
A Wonderful continuation of Ice Massacre! I've fallen in love with these characters! I mean I hate Dani but I love her characterization and understand where she is coming from even when I want to punch her. (view spoiler) Lysi, Meela, Annith, Tanuu, I love them so much! It made me think on several things while readin ...more
Eve Messenger
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm perplexed about why more book lovers are not reading the Mermaids of Eriana Kwai series. It's so fun! Okay, maybe I kind of get it. Some people are into mermaid stories; some aren’t. I honestly have no preference either way. I just really love this series. It's so much more than mermaids.

Here's the setup: human inhabitants of the island of Eriana Kwai are mortal enemies with merpeople/sea demons who are starving out the islanders and killing fisherman under the leadership of an evil, power-
Lo
in this house we love gay mermaids
Jhosy
This book was frustrating for me.
I didn't like the alternated povs. I didn't like the ending either.
I really wanted this to be a romance between a human and a mermaid and that the two would remain in this state even within a relationship.
That was disappointing.
And for these selfish and personal reasons, I can't force myself to give a greater note than this
fatima♐
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
An amazing sequel
💚🌊💚🌊💚🌊💚

I don't understand why this series is so underrated
rtc, maybe? (view spoiler)
Boston
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f
BadassCmd
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In the beginning I wasn’t exactly sure if I’d like it as much as the first part – but then it drew me in and I ended up reading through the nights once again.

What comes to my mind the most when I think about the book is the word ‘exciting’. It’s fast paced, there are mysteries and heroic deeds and shocking revelations all around.

I loved that we got two perspectives in this part. I liked to finally get more backstory and information on Lysi and to see how the society
Starsandsun18
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm learning a lot about mermaid/merman's here. And I'm interested to read more about them. I hope many will write something like this. I know we're used to read about dragons, witches, werewolves and vampires and I rarely see about mermaids.

A lot of great secondary characters which I'm beginning to love bout from Mee and Lysi's side.
I also like Blacktail and Tanuu's banters and I think they're cute together. I hope they're still on book 3.
I also like the nerdy Spio. I hope he can also f
Crazy4Books
After enjoying the first book in this series Ice Massacre I was really excited to read and review the sequel Ice Crypt. With well written characters and an entertaining plot it was easy to fall into this world again. The character developpement and world building was on point. When I was about half way it got intense. And I cant forget that glorious ending.

Meela and a mermaid named Lysi fall in love despite being raised to hate and kill each other. Once Meela comes back from her massacre, where
Diana
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book in exchange of an honest review. I have to say that having fallen in love with the first one, the second one had to be its equal or even better to get to be so great as the first. It did.
In ICE CRYPT we follow the adventures of Meela and Lysi. The first book followed Meela's POW, whereas this one is shared between the two girls. At earth, Meela is investivating and gathering clues in order to awaken the Host that Adaro wants in exchange of Lysi's live and to
Sara (Freadom Library)
Actual rating 4.5 stars

This review was originally posted at https://freadomlibrary.wordpress.com/

I received an e-ARC of this book from Rogue Cannon Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Critically
Plot – 4 out of 5 stars
The plot of this book is action packed and full of precious folklore. It’s filled with violence, war and death. It had it’s slow moments and while there was action, it wasn’t as packed as the first book. There were a lot of plot twists that kept me on my to/>
Alex
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved the first book! This follow up was... Okey. Story went from interesting, to the incredibly typical YA syndrome. Which means its an alright read, but as a standalone it would never do. I have to say the ending was satisfying enough, so the reader won't feel like they are left hanging. It could've even been the last book, and I'd be alright with that.

First off, what I liked, was reading about Lysi, its pretty good and entertaining, on the other hand... The story is split every other chapt
Karen
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018, f-f
Im DEAD... The Ice Crypt features a shift in point of view where we go between Meela and Lysi. While this book is still action-packed, it is less than what was in the first book. The relation between plot and characters were amazing and don’t even get me started on the plot twists! This was an incredibly fast and fun read.
“Maybe I couldn’t help everyone survive, but I could, at least, save this one life.”

Throughput the first half of the book, things moved slowly and the plot was fleshed ou/>
Nadra
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

Hands down this is one of the best book I have read all year. I truly hope this is not the last book in the series because there is just too much work for Meela and Lysi to do. The characters really shined in this series. The author went all out to expose the different characters range of emotions. Read the series. It is worth it. Please make a book 3!!!
Joseph
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: queer
Kelly
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was an incredible sequel to Warner's first book Ice Massacre. You really get deeper into who Lysi and Meela are as characters as well as both of their unique worlds. I was sucked in from page one and kept going with action and plot twists! I am so happy to be back in this universe that Warner has created and hope this series keeps going!
James
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book or watched a movie or played a video game and thought to yourself, 'I could stay in this world forever?' Upon finishing Ice Massacre by Tiana Warner, that is exactly how I felt with the world she had created. The story was gripping, the characters felt real, and despite being a male and probably one to be lured to my death by the mermaids, I wanted to be on that ship with those girls battling those sea demons for Eriana Kwai! Ice Crypt takes all the pros from Ice Massacre and tells an even ...more
Alice
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, fantasy
Just as with the first book, the feeling I was left with as I finished this book is most accurately described as: OHMYGOOOOOOOD.

I LOVE this book, and this series, with my whole heart. For the most part of the book I told myself I’d give it a 4 because while I really love it a lot - especially the fact that Lys now gets a POV and narrates every other chapter! - there were more little flaws than in the first book, but now that I’ve finished it I honestly can’t remember any issues other
Emma
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is definitely very different to the first book, but in some ways I almost liked it better? Aside from a lull in the middle of the book when both Lysi and Meela came up against some dead ends in their respective quests, the pacing was a lot sharper in this book, especially in the final chapters, which are a WILD RIDE. I did think a lot of the story got wrapped up too easily, but all in all this series is great fun, and a really lovely wlw romance!
Devann
A pretty good sequel to the first book. I liked how this one alternated POV between Meela and Lysi so we got a lot more information about how the mermaid society works. Also we got a bit more information about how things work on the island and their relation to the mainline as well [although I'm still kind of confused why they don't just like ...use helicopters and stuff? I guess because that would be too easy lol]. It's a pretty light read but I'm a sucker for a good F/F mermaid romance so I'm ...more
Alice
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt-to-read

look this isn't the best book ever written and there are moments that don't really make sense but i'm going to give it five stars because i loved it so much and there is nothing you can do to stop me

edit lowered this to a 4 because i've been sitting on it and this felt more right. still love this book <
Allie
Ban
I was given an advanced copy of Ice Crypt in exchange for an honest review.

In 2014 I was lucky enough to stumble across Ice Massacre, the prequel to Ice Crypt. Instantly, I fell in love with the world Tiana Warner had created, and knew I’d be following this series.

Ice Crypt did not disappoint. For those of you yet to read Ice Massacre, please go and give it a read and don’t miss out on such a unique YA novel that has much to offer in story and characters. You won’t regret it. This review conta
K
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The worst part of this book is the long wait until the next book comes out.

Ice Crypt does us the magnificent service of splitting off into two separate journeys. We follow Meela as she teams up with her friends, Annith, Blacktail, and Tanuu to search for the Host of Eriana, and we follow Lysi as she suffers Adaro's punishment for her rebellion and copes by... rebelling even further.

Even though the two women spend most of the book apart, you really get a sense for exactly how much they care abo
Dee Holmes
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic sequel to Ice Crypt! I was so happy to have Lysi's point of view and getting to see the ocean (and mermaid life) through her eyes. There's an ancient mystery, battles, an incredibly scary monster, and the cutest romance. Total win!
Hollow Well
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I felt that it would be difficult for the author to achieve the sense of peril that she did in the first book of this series. I believe that she was wise not to try to mirror the first book's tone. This effort gives the reader two points or view. First, there is Meela, the human woman freshly recovering from her ordeal in Ice Massacre. Then there is Lysi, the mermaid who Meela loves. Both are working frantically to figure out a way to get rid of Adaro, the Mer-people despot who stands between th ...more
Ari
AAAAH I loved this one so mich better than the first one, n I loved the first one as well, mind u, but the double pov narrative is sO gOoda and !!!!! there's PLENTY OF FISH IN THE SEA TANUU was so ducking funny, god,,,I just love,,,,them lesbian mermaids!!!! Well done, tiana ((and every single blackmail tanuu interaction out there is priceless, lov it))
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Die Suche beginnt (Die Chroniken der Seelenwächter, #1)
  • Lightspeed Magazine, June 2015: Queers Destroy Science Fiction! Special Issue
  • Forgotten Suns
  • Dissonance (Aurora Renegades #2; Amaranthe #5)
  • Thornfruit (The Gardener's Hand, #1)
  • Crossfire (Crossfire, #1)
  • Near + Far
  • Out of Eden: The Surprising Consequences of Polygamy
  • Earth 2788 (Earth Girl, #0.25)
  • The Winter Boy
  • Das Siegel des Feuers (Grim, #1)
  • The Rules of Love (Rulebook, #1)
  • Wiedźma opiekunka, Część 1 (Wolha Redna, #3)
  • Fall of Sky City (Devices of War, #1)
  • Into the Parallel (Parallelogram, #1)
  • The Polyamorists Next Door: Inside Multiple-Partner Relationships and Families
Tiana Warner is the best selling author of the Mermaids of Eriana Kwai trilogy. Her books have been acclaimed by Writer’s Digest, Foreword Reviews, and the Dante Rossetti Awards. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from the University of British Columbia. Tiana enjoys riding her horse, Bailey, and is an active supporter of animal welfare.

tianawarner.com
Twitter
Facebook

Acclaim for Ice Massacre:

Mermaids of Eriana Kwai (3 books)
  • Ice Massacre (Mermaids of Eriana Kwai, #1)
  • Ice Kingdom (Mermaids of Eriana Kwai, #3)
“My people had never been willing to believe mermaids had minds like ours. But they did. Mermaids fought like humans, laughed like humans, and loved like humans.” 2 likes
“In that moment, everything in my life came together. Everything I’d ever felt made sense, like the world had opened before me. Lysi was my childhood, my teenage years, and now my future.” 2 likes