Start by marking “The Edge (FBI Thriller, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Edge (FBI Thriller, #4)

The Edge (FBI Thriller #4)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  7,576 Ratings  ·  284 Reviews
Baffled by a seemingly supernatural connection to his critically injured sister, an FBI special agent heads to the Oregon coast in search of a more plausible explanation for his sudden ESP, only to discover more puzzling mysteries.
FBI agent Ford MacDougal - Mac - is recovering from a terrorist car bombing when his sister appears to purposely drive her Porsche off an Orego
Audio, Unabridged, 10 pages
Published August 9th 1999 by Brilliance Audio (first published August 2nd 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Edge

Selena
Sep 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have ever read from Catherine Coulter. It is #4 in a series. I never read any of the previous book of this series but it was very easy to understand. I really liked this book, loved the characters, the action and the suspense. A very good mystery book for anyone who is a fan of mysteries.
Patrick
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My second C.C. read (listen) and it was not disappointing. I must say that in some areas the storyline dragged a bit but did spin out of it into other twists and turns. If I had a complaint, which I truly don't, it would be a little less romance and a spot more action. However, the characters are rich and there is the usual blood (mostly the bad guy's) and one does move around via auto, planes and even via boats. I really liked the protagonist, Ford McDougal, not quite a 'Reacher' type with the ...more
Vanessa
Dec 17, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read, own, series, hb, coulter
I love Catherine Coulter and the 1st three books in this series were excellent. But I was disappointed with this one. The character development was poor. I didn't really feel any connection to any of the characters, except Sherlock and Savich who are repeating characters in the series.

The romance was flat and just all of a sudden, it was there. Also, I found the fact that as soon as Mac started the romance, he seemed to forget about his sister, who was missing.

The mystery thriller aspect start
Nancy Bandusky
Sep 09, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This novel began with intrigue but it didn't take long for only the hope of maybe somehow getting a somewhat satisfactory resolution kept me reading. The author gets us to a small town with apparently some deep secrets. We wander (and wonder) for the remainder of the book; only to have many things never explained or resolved and a quick wrap-up to end the main part of the story.

The characters aren't even sure who they are. The hero was seriously injured before the story began but manages to do
Merredith
Oct 11, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: FBI Series readers
Shelves: crime-mysteries
This book is #4 in the FBI series. I wasn’t feeling too well yesterday, and also had trouble sleeping, so I read it all in one day. I think so far this was the worst book in the series, but it was still a good book. Sure, the main guy is a little bit slutty but I think that's realistic, especially after he's been in the hospital for a few weeks (he could try using some protection though!!). The story was a little muddled, but maybe that was my state of mind. If you like the series, youll want to ...more
Dee
Two-haiku review:

His sis drove off cliff
She lives but then disappears
He investigates

Odd dark characters
Well written but not my style
Didn't make me care
Jonetta
Ford "Mac" MacDougal is recovering at Bethesda Naval Hospital from injuries sustained following a car bombing when he is awakened from his realistic dream involving his sister. He calls her the next morning and finds she was involved in an car accident and is in a coma in Edgerton, Oregon. Two days later, Mac is on his way to see his sister and find out what happened.

I had such high hopes for this story after The Maze and The Target but it was not to be. This story had a good, solid start with
Linda Munro
This book was chosen because I enjoy Catherine Coulter’s work and decided to try some of her earlier pieces which I had skipped over previously. I chose this book because it was an FBI thriller which normally features Savich & Sherlock a married couple working together for the FBI. While this novel did bring the couple in, they were basically absent throughout most of the novel.

This book deals mainly with FBI Agent Ford “Mac” McDougal who at the beginning of the novel is hospitalized for in
Dotti Elrick
I've read this series several times, and overall I like it. This book however, is not one of my favorites.
We first met our main character, Ford MacDougal, as Lacy Sherlock's training partner in The Maze. He was shipped overseas and injured. While in the hospital, he has a dream/vision that his sister has been injured. He rushes to her, they live in a small town on the west coast called Edgerton. There he finds things with his sister and her husband are not what it seems to be. Things are pointin
Maureen
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I know that an author cannot "hit a home run" with every book, but rarely have I been so dissatisfied with a "series" book.

This book tries to involve multiple plotlines, and becomes so implausible as to be unbelievable. The characters are, for the most part, one-dimensional. This makes the reader indifferent to what happens, and renders the fancy plot twists laughable.

It feels more like Coulter was following an outline on "How to write a thriller" than using her own original style. It made me fe
  • Impulse
  • Kiss the Moon
  • Jade Island (Donovan, #2)
  • Killing Her Softly (Griffin Powell, #5)
  • Sense of Evil (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #6)
  • Fatal Tide
  • Tall, Dark, and Deadly
  • Murder List (Buchanan-Renard #4)

FBI Thriller (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • The Cove  (FBI Thriller #1)
  • The Maze (FBI Thriller, #2)
  • The Target (FBI Thriller, #3)
  • Riptide (FBI Thriller, #5)
  • Hemlock Bay (FBI Thriller, #6)
  • Eleventh Hour (FBI Thriller, #7)
  • Blind Side (FBI Thriller, #8)
  • Blow Out (FBI Thriller, #9)
  • Point Blank (FBI Thriller, #10)
  • Double Take (FBI Thriller, #11)
“Buddhists make it very simple for you to reach your heavenly reward. To reach Nirvana, all you have to do is live right, think right, and deny yourself just about everything.” 0 likes