Start by marking “The Adventures of Sir Edric (The Hero of Hornska #1)” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of Sir Edric (The Hero of Hornska #1)

The Adventures of Sir Edric (The Hero of Hornska #1)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  15 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Sir Edric’s Temple:

When Sir Edric Greenlock, the Hero of Hornska, is summoned to attend the King in the dead of night he fears imminent execution. The King, however, has something else in mind. Priceless royal seals have been stolen, and the King dispatches Sir Edric to retrieve them in a mission that could optimistically be described as suicidal.

Along the way he'll batt
Published 2013 by Thaddeus White

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of Sir Edric, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of Sir Edric

Brian Wilkerson
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thaddeus White asked me to read his novel "The Adventures of Sir Edric". It is about a knight who is far from chivalrous going on adventures similar to such a knight. I want to say it is a parody of epic adventures. It is certainly a comedy. It is also the third book by Mr.White that I have reviewed and I have thus gained a high opinion of his ability as an author. This book is no exception. I will examine Plot, Character and Polish and then assign a grade.

PLOT

First, this book is actually two
The Tattooed Book Geek (Drew).
I received a free copy of this book courtesy of the author in exchange for an honest review.

I’m not going to go into detail or write separately about the two stories included in the book as I wouldn’t want to give away any spoilers, but suffice to say that in both cases are intrepid, courageous and gentlemanly hero or in this case Sir Edric Greenlock the Hero of Hornska and his trusty, faithful man servant Dog go on adventures meeting an assortment of weird and wonderful characters along the way
T.I.M. James
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Adventures of Sir Edric is a comedy fantasy that hits the ground running and does not really let up until the final page. As with many such novels it is not just a question of being funny but it has to have a strong story to carry it.

Sir Edric manages with some aplomb to balance this, although it is unfair to call it a novel, as it is two stories, albeit with strong connections to one another.

It is refreshing to have a lead character who is not a young chosen one, rather a middle aged vetera
L.K. Evans
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It was important to give a pre-battle speech. It made the commander look like he knew what he was doing and made the chaps about to die feel like it might be worth it.

...After being kicked in the cullions...
“Sir, are you injured?” Dog asked.
“No, I’m incubating a muskrat in my trousers and don’t want to wake it up,” Sir Edric replied. “Of course I bloody am!”

Heroism: a brand of stupidity so extreme it’s frequently fatal to the man in question.

I’m so excited to review The Adventures of Sir Edric!
Bella
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book free in exchange for an honest review.

My Review of Sir Edric's Temple: This was a far shorter story for White, but that works for the book. It was about what I’ve come to expect from him in over-all enjoyableness, although it was funny–as it was meant to be a comedy, he achieved it, though only for those who like somewhat morbid humor and frequently bawdy quips. As I do, it worked for me. His meandering style remains but I’ve come to enjoy it, and his penchant for funny and
Leo McBride
Apr 06, 2016 rated it liked it
FLASHMAN. Blackadder. The Stainless Steel Rat. Soltan Gris. Nary a hero worth the name among them. Cowards and scoundrels all.
There's something appealing about rooting for a hero you would want quickly locked away in real life – and Sir Edric is as worthy of a good set of irons as any you might meet.
When first we encounter him, he is in flagrante dilicto with his King's wife – and from there on, we follow the adventures of a man whose two loves are gold and sex, or any opportunity to pursue ei
Chris Guillory
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sir Edric is a guy who’s either hated or loved by those around him. See typically, a person would behave a certain way because they want to influence the feelings of another. Or to put it another way, when they want someone to like or dislike them, they act accordingly. I think that’s called empathy. Sir Edric doesn’t care about any to any of that. If empathy and scruples were sand, Sir Edric would have enough of each combined to have around two grains of sand.

What Sir Edric cares about is Sir E
Michelle
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
I abandoned the book :/

While the part that I read (more than half way) was entertaining and fairly funny, I just couldn't get to grips with Thaddeus' writing style (sorry, Thad - it's me, not you).

But if humorous fantasy is your thing, and you yearn for a good old-fashioned rollicking licentious adventure that includes an entire cast of characters from elves and golems to giants and dragons, this is the book for you.

I was please to receive a mobi review copy from the publisher, Tickety Boo Pre
Jan 20, 2017
Phil
added it
Apr 05, 2016
Making Connections: 4302. - THE ADVENTURES OF SIR EDRIC by Thaddeus White 1 11 Apr 10, 2016 10:49AM
“If I wanted a life of chastity I’d live with my wife.” 0 likes
“A golden dragon. Splendid. My life expectancy has just become shorter than a gnome’s todger.” 0 likes