Start by marking “Ahsoka (Star Wars)” as Want to Read:
Ahsoka (Star Wars)

Ahsoka

(Star Wars Disney Canon Novel)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  21,605 ratings  ·  2,550 reviews
Fans have long wondered what happened to Ahsoka after she left the Jedi Order near the end of the Clone Wars, and before she re-appeared as the mysterious Rebel operative Fulcrum in Rebels. Finally, her story will begin to be told. Following her experiences with the Jedi and the devastation of Order 66, Ahsoka is unsure she can be part of a larger whole ever again. But her ...more
Published October 11th 2016 by Disney Lucasfilm Press

To ask other readers questions about Ahsoka, please sign up.
Garrick Merriweather The show did start off kind of meh, but It has since become "must watch" Star Wars fare for me and my kids. They are slowly but surely attaching it to…moreThe show did start off kind of meh, but It has since become "must watch" Star Wars fare for me and my kids. They are slowly but surely attaching it to the larger lore of this universe.(less)
E.K. Johnston I mean, I have a pretty obvious bias, but Amazon says 8+, and I agree. There's canon-level violence, but no other "mature content" besides that.…moreI mean, I have a pretty obvious bias, but Amazon says 8+, and I agree. There's canon-level violence, but no other "mature content" besides that.(less)

·  21,605 ratings  ·  2,550 reviews

Start your review of Ahsoka (Star Wars)
Khurram
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good and nice story. I get the feeling this was aimed at younger readers. The story is well researched and thought out, it does fill in a few blanks on how and why Ahsoka became Fulcrum. This is a more of a companion book to the Rebels series, I would recommend reading this before watching season 2 of the series, simple as I am hoping a lot of the questions or blanks I have will be filled in there.

This is setting up the background to season 1 of Rebels. I am glad a couple of the side character
Helen 2.0
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, badass, scifi
I would probably sell my soul for the Clone Wars series. Yes, it's low-budget and silly at times, but I love it to bits. Honestly there was a time where if anyone mentioned Rex and Order 66 I would instantly tear up. Trust me when I say I'm a HOE for Clone Wars.
(Credit: djinn-world)
Ahsoka Tano is easily the most dynamic character in the series. She is given so much screen time and character development, probably because she doesn't show up in the movies and thus the writers had far more freedo
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
This was so good!! I loved the audio! Star Wars Audio books make you feel like you’re there with their effects! I also own the paperback and kindle. I used to have the hardback but who knows where that went. Anyhoo, I so much love Ahsoka and I love her love for R2 😊💕

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Elle (ellexamines)
mental health = 0
love for Ahsoka Tano = 100000

So, okay, when I heard that an author I love was writing a book about a character I love so much, I was obviously excited. And I ended up really liking this!

[THANK GOD.]

This story is an action-packed one primarily about found family. As Ahsoka reels from the destruction of Order 66 and the loss of her friends, she works to oppose an oppressive order on a planet she’s chosen to hide on. [I feel like such a nerd typing this.]

Guys, I adore Ahsoka Tan
Mogsy (MMOGC)
4 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2016/10/24/...

If you are a fan of Star Wars, especially the animated The Clone Wars TV series, then Star Wars: Ahsoka is certainly not to be missed. While that show may have ended a couple years ago, many were surprised when Anakin Skywalker’s young Padawan Ahsoka Tano, who left the Jedi Order near the end of the Clone Wars, suddenly resurfaced again in the current run of Star Wars: Rebels. This Ahsoka is older, wiser, and carries a lot
Alyssa
I was left a little disappointed. Writing style left much to be desired. (More telling than showing.) LGBT undertones. I'm pretty sick of authors cramming their agenda down the throats of readers. Honestly, Ahsoka deserves a better book. Solid 3.5 stars, but rounded up to 4. ...more
Ross Orlando
Immediate Review: Unrealized potential

Myself, along with many others, have fallen in love with Ahsoka Tano since she was introduced in the Clone Wars animated series. Headstrong, funny, a fierce warrior and an overall incredibly likeable character had me excited for this novel. Unfortunately, it largely fails to deliver.

However, saying that, I am conflicted. For the first 280 or 290 pages of the book, this is a story that is just the daily life of Ahsoka after Order 66. She primarily interacts
CF Dracarys
Feb 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book did not turn out as bad as I predicted. It had a nice solid story and I think Johnston actually did a pretty good job at capturing Ahsoka's spirit. I think it still could've been better. It just seemed... Shallow? If that makes sense.

But despite that, there were scenes that had me excited and some reveals and connections to other Star Wars media that were executed very well. So many references to Padme! The inclusion of the Sixth Brother!

If you like Ahsoka, I would recommend read the
Tosh
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, sci-fi, ya
In this fight, there will be people...who are focused on the past...And there will be other people who focus strongly on the future...ours must be the middle road.

Very light, enjoyable read. I definitely like Ahsoka a lot more than I previously did.

After watching The Clone Wars some of the very first episodes of the show, I really didn’t care to continue with all the seasons. As much as I wanted to get in touch with my inner child, I couldn’t get into them. One reason being, the y
Siona St Mark
I didn't love this as much as I did Dark Disciple, however I think that's only because I have a really personal connection to Asajj. However, that's not to say that I this book wasn't really good.

You mainly follow Ahsoka in this novel, but there are a few other view points every now and then. They're all fine, but Ahsoka is the best perspective in this book. It was interesting to hear Ahsoka's evolved thoughts and beliefs about the Force, since she isn't a Jedi anymore.

Anyway, this was definitel
Ryan Michael
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it

When I first read that there would be an Ahsoka novel added to the new wave of Star Wars canon novels, I had mixed feelings. As is with most fans, my two experiences with the character were in the Clone Wars series and in the current series Rebels. Although the younger Ahsoka in Clone Wars grew on me (at least to the point where I didn't find her as annoying as the series went on) I have liked her limited appearances on Rebels a lot better, having seen what leaving the Jedi order and, a
R.J.
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book chiefly because I like Star Wars generally and know that E.K. Johnston is an excellent writer, rather than because I know or care that much about Ahsoka in particular. (It's not that I dislike her, I hasten to add; it's just that I haven't been able to get through more than one episode of Clone Wars and have yet to watch any of Rebels either, so this book is really my first exposure to Ahsoka as a character.)

For that reason, I can't say whether E.K. Johnston captures Ahsoka's
Holly (The Grimdragon)
Ahsoka watched. Ahsoka waited. Ahsoka was not afraid.

Not to state the obvious, but this is a book for people that are already familiar with Ahsoka Tano. Ahhh. My beloved Ahsoka, the young Padawan of Anakin Skywalker. We are introduced to Ahsoka (Snips) in The Clone Wars. Although not the most popular character at the beginning, she quickly became a cherished fan favorite! Hence why she has a full book dedicated to her story! I absolutely adore her. Full of snark, Ahsoka is a kickass, savage warr
Zac
Mar 31, 2016 marked it as to-read
I had a humongous crush on Ahsoka when I saw her in the Clone Wars movie back in 2008, and it continued for the next 6 years throughout the TV show. She's such a fierce, strong and determined heroine (can you see why I like her?), and I can't wait for this more in-depth foray into her character. This book is going to blow me away. I can't wait! ...more
Nessie McInness
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: star-wars
I feel 2 stars might be a bit too harsh, but I really struggled to finish this book.
Like many other Star Wars fans, I love Ahsoka. She's feisty, brave and super badass. When she appeared in Rebels I was ridiculously happy.
So when my husband brought this baby home, I was over the moon.

HOWEVER

This is really, really, REALLY slow.

The first half of the book is pretty much this: Ahsoka leaves a planet. Ahsoka moves to a new planet. Ahsoka finds a job.

Honestly, nothing remotely adventure-y or star wars
Greg
Jul 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Dear God In Heaven.

The Star Wars version of Hermione Grainger.

Coming soon to a bookshop near you.

I can't freakin' well, frackin' well, Nerf-Herdin' well wait.

---------------

Book finished and i found it oddly disappointing. I might gave been expecting too much from what is essentially a YA novel, but it was more of an ASHOKA TANO SEARCHING FOR A NEW PUPOSE IN LIFE WHILST BATTLING THE EMPIRE than a standalone true star wars tale. The book was beautifully produced, the writing pitched well at its
Josh
As someone who didn't know much about Ahsoka aside from a handful of Clone Wars episodes I wasn't sure what to expect heading into the self titled novel. What I ended up with was a deep appreciation of the diversity in Jedi characters in the ever expanding universe whilst discovering a likable and unique character in Ahsoka Tano sans Anaki Skywalker.

The plot is simple and linear. Fleeing following Order 66, Ahsoka seeks refuge on a little known moon, only to find herself in front of the Empire a
R.F. Gammon
A less than enjoyable writing style (more telling than showing in just about everything) and what I think was supposed to be LGBT undertones marred my approval of what could have been an amazing book. The plot was well-paced, although the characters all kind of faded into one another. I very much loved getting to see Bail Organa again, though, no matter how brief it was. And Artoo never fails to disappoint.

But as far as a story about Ahsoka goes... forget it. Meh.
Donna
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
This was a fun little Star Wars book to listen to. It had solid characters and it also had a wholesome view of friendship that was warm and fuzzy. And as always, the audios are fun because of the sound effects. I'm not familiar with all of the Clone Wars stuff, and I'm glad that this knowledge wasn't needed to enjoy this one. So 4 stars. ...more
Jessica
If you know who Ahsoka is, this is a must read.

(If you don't, move along.)

(Actually, wait. If you even marginally like Star Wars and don't know who Ahsoka is, get to a TV, watch the Clone Wars, and you're welcome.)

But if you do know who Ahsoka is, THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU. Because, as it says in the title, it's her book. It's what happened to her after the betrayal of the Jedi. And of course it's wonderful, written by someone who is a huge Star Wars fan, who has made a name for herself in the l
Shadowdenizen
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars
Another excellent entry into the Star Wars queue, albeit one that relies heavily on the readers foreknowledge of the Clone Wars saga.

Strangely, depsite being tied so strongly to canon, I still liked this book better than "Bloodlines" which I also read recently: though both authors have excellent writing styles/prose, this feels less constrained, like the author was given more freedom. in her writing.
C.T. Phipps
May 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately, I'm going to say this is probably my least favorite of the canon novels which have been released so far. This is doubly unfortunate because I'm actually a big fan of the Ahsoka Tano character and really enjoyed her retconned insertion into the Clone Wars as she enriched the story of Anakin Skywalker in a way which I felt the Prequels failed to do.

Like plenty of other adult fans, I enjoyed watching Ahsoka be inserted into the story of Star Wars: Rebels even if I did feel she detrac
V.E.
Review coming soon! This book kids.... So many feels...
Andreas
Ahsoka is one of my favourite characters, not only in Star Wars, but in any sort of fiction. I will follow her to the ends of the galaxy and beyond the Outer Rim if necessary. So when I found out that she had her own book I just had to read it. More specifically listen to it. Who better to narrate this book than Ahsoka herself: Ashley Eckstein. Most perfect narration ever.

The book itself functioned brilliantly as a bridge between Clone Wars and Rebels. I could easily have imagined this storyline
Brad
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I feel no guilt at all that my second favourite character in all the Star Wars Universe is Ahsoka Tano. I love Han Solo the most -- always have and always will (and he knows) -- but you may be surprised to hear that my second place finisher is not even a close run contest. Ahsoka is my second fave by a considerable distance.

And if Rosario Dawson ever plays Ahsoka in some live action incarnation of Star Wars, Harrison Ford will finally have some true competition for my Star Wars heart.

All this
Jennifer Kelly
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
E.K. Johnston won't disappoint you as she brings Ahsoka's story to life! As a huge Star Wars fan, I always worry about reading new stories about the phenomenal characters. It was amazing. I always admired the fierceness and strength of Ahsoka, so I loved reading more about her story after leaving the Jedi Order. You want to add it to your Want to Read List now! ...more
Ben Brown
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: star-wars-canon
A novel about Ahsoka Tano, trying to make her way in the galaxy in the immediate aftermath of Order 66? What an awesome-sounding premise…it’s just too bad that “Ahsoka” as a novel doesn’t really live up to it.

It’s not that “Ahsoka” is bad, so much as it is just aggressively “fine” – none of the characters really stand out or make an impression, and the story itself is standard-issue “hero-on-the-lam-falls-in-with-a-community-and-helps-them-with-their-problems” fare. Some things work – writer E.
Melissa | melisthereader
Jul 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars
I really enjoyed reading about Ahsoka, but felt the story fell really flat and did not like some of the characters. The writing did not do it for me at all...Really wanted to like this book more but It was so rushed and could have been a way better story if it weren't YA. I'll probs talk more about this in my July wrap-up later. ...more
Emilee Hone (Emilee Reads)
5/5 - Full review at emileereads: http://emileereads.com/blog/2020/3/3/...

Ahsoka is amazing and one of my favorite fictional characters ever. The writing is a little YA but I thought Johnston did a great job capturing her voice and connecting the dots between Clone Wars and Rebels. (Don't read until you've watched Clone Wars! Otherwise Ahsoka won't mean much to you.)
Vanessa
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tk421
She was alone, something she was never meant to be. Her people were tribal, blood and bond, and her ability to use the Force gave her a galaxy of brethren from all species. Even after she left the Jedi Temple, she could feel the others when she wanted to---the ebb and flow of them in the Force around her.

Until, of course, she couldn't.

I don't think I'm alone in saying that Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker's one time padawan who was screwed over by the Jedi Order and thus evaded Order 66, is on
Star Wars Legends...: Ahsoka by E.K. Johnson 27 18 Jan 28, 2021 01:19PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #77 Ahsoka (Star Wars) by E.K. Johnston 1 3 Jul 07, 2018 08:59AM
Space Opera Fans : October 2017 - YA - Ahsoka 3 16 Oct 04, 2017 01:25PM
Star Wars Bookwor...: Ahsoka is our October book 10 63 Nov 02, 2016 09:40AM

• Dark Disciple (Star Wars)
  • A New Dawn (Star Wars)
  • Thrawn (Star Wars: Thrawn, #1)
  • Master and Apprentice (Star Wars)
  • Lords of the Sith (Star Wars)
  • Light of the Jedi
  • Lost Stars (Star Wars)
  • Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
  • Leia: Princess of Alderaan (Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi, #3)
  • Tarkin
  • Thrawn: Alliances (Star Wars: Thrawn, #2)
  • Dooku: Jedi Lost (Star Wars)
  • Bloodline (Star Wars)
  • Thrawn: Treason (Star Wars: Thrawn, #3)
  • A Test of Courage (Star Wars: The High Republic)
  • Kenobi (Star Wars Legends)
  • Rebel Rising (Star Wars)
  • Chaos Rising (Star Wars: Thrawn Ascendancy, #1)
E.K. Johnston had several jobs and one vocation before she became a published writer. If she’s learned anything, it’s that things turn out weird sometimes, and there’s not a lot you can do about it. Well, that and how to muscle through awkward fanfic because it’s about a pairing she likes.

You can follow Kate on Twitter (@ek_johnston) to learn more about Alderaanian political theory than you really

Star Wars Disney Canon Novel (1 - 10 of 56 books)
  • Light of the Jedi
  • Into the Dark (Star Wars: The High Republic)
  • The Rising Storm (Star Wars: The High Republic)
  • Dooku: Jedi Lost (Star Wars)
  • Master and Apprentice (Star Wars)
  • Queen's Peril (Star Wars)
  • The Phantom Menace (Star Wars: Novelizations, #1)
  • Queen's Shadow (Star Wars)
  • Attack of the Clones (Star Wars: Novelizations, #2)
  • The Clone Wars (Star Wars: Novelizations, #2.1)

News & Interviews

“That was where he was wrong. She wasn't weaponless. No Jedi ever was.” 15 likes
“You have to remember every piece that's been played, even the ones removed from the board, because some of them might count against you in the end.” 12 likes