Start by marking “Mr. Snuff” as Want to Read:
Mr. Snuff

Mr. Snuff

Russell Wheeler, an enforcer-turned-contractor, spirals into a violent tailspin when his daughter is slaughtered for a snuff film. With his limited resources, including his trusty framing hammer and his criminal connections, Russell hunts the people responsible for his daughter's vicious death. He finds himself digging into the pits of hell, delving into a world of unimagi ...more
Published May 12th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Snuff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Snuff

Tim Miller
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another great book. This one isn't as gory as Family of Violence, at least not right away. Once things do get going though the blood flows nicely. This is a mix almost of a crime thriller and extreme horror. Reminded me a little bit of Survivor by JF Gonzalez, though this one didn't have the psychological trauma that one did. Still highly enjoyable and was never boring.
Mary Grissom
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

It’s an extremely riveting and disturbing book, I was so hoping for the character Russell to win. But he did manage to put a hurt on Wu regardless of the outcome. And detective Taylor was an interesting add to the story.
Mercedes
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author and let me say I was pleasantly pleased. The start of this book kept me glued to the pages. First and foremost you must know when starting this book it’s going to be full of blood and gore and horror. The story follows Russell as he tracks his daughter’s killers. Violence laces every page of this book in page turning goodness. I never saw the twist in the end coming. For lovers of gore and shock this book is perfect for you. I can’t wait to read more by this ...more
Jenn
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Extreme horror...

The book is good as long as you enjoy reading dark extreme horror. It does make you think what would I do in a situation involving someone I love. Some parts were hard to read imagining the scene in my head. My only complaint is everyone was constantly "bitting his/her lip" that got old reading but overall good read, the ending was good too, left it open for a 2nd book!
Patricia Ward
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Depraved

Could not put down. I read in one night, covers every depraved act and addiction I have heard of. If you like sick books. Don't miss this one.
Jesse Bollinger
Feb 19, 2019 rated it liked it
This novel had a lot of promise for me. The plot reminded me a lot of the 8 mm movie. However it lacked the emotional depth of that film. There was violence and the storyline was dark, but it just felt like it was lacking. It didn’t give me the gut punch I expected when I started. In some ways it felt like it promised brutality and violence but we got the PG-13 version of that. It wasn’t horrible, it just didn’t give me what I expected completely.
Ed [Redacted]
May 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was a book that could have been better. The author moves the story along nicely, but it is consistently derailed by incorrect vocabulary. The author could use an editor, but I have hope for his future.
Tam French
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Demented

Thank you, Jon, for another cringe worthy book. You have done what others have only alluded to...given me skin crawling horror at its twisted AF finest!!!! Your books truly deliver when it comes to depravity!! Off I go to read another one of your books!!!
Martin Edgar
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Made me think

Thoroughly enjoyed the book and its premise. Seemed more real to me because the subject matter exists in the real world and I could imagine the scenarios and actions of the protagonist
CARLEEN
Apr 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
DISAPPOINTING!

I really didn't care for this Jon Athan book. I was excited by the buildup but sadly, I was let down by the ending. Russell did get his revenge BUT needed one more death to close the circle.
Imma Booker
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Grimy, gruesome tale. I liked Athan's story telling ability, though he used the word "reverberate" a gazillion times throughout the book. I enjoyed it.
Laura Dame
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mr Snuff

I chose this book because Jon Ethan has become one of my favourite authors. His books include violence and horror without being repetitive and becoming boring.
James Howell
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another "killer" book

Jon athan knows how to get inside your head. As previously stated, it's not for the faint of heart. If you like vigilantes, then this book is for you.
cassandra Fleming
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mr Snuff

Never disappointed with this guys novel's. So glad I stumbled across him. Will keep reading his books and recommend you give him ago.
JENNIFER FOREMAN
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

Read it in 2 days. Good book. Be prepared to not be able to put this book down.
He's a great author!
Tam
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The twistedness that is this book is made even more shocking and appalling by the fact that the "snuff film" industry actually exists. It would seem that man's depravity truly knows no limits, and Athan does a stellar job of bringing it both to light and to life.
John
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Holy Smokes!

Wow! This is definitely far ranging from the type of books I normally would read! I like the the idea of the fathers revenge for a daughter who was slaughtered for someone's entertainment! My only problem was with how the ending came about. I would most certainly have figured out a way for the "good" detective to have encountered Wu. Not for the squeamish, after it gets going there is a LOT of violence. But if you watch the news every night, it's nothing new!
Lois Mae
Sep 30, 2018
Ann Cassel
Apr 13, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
“Taylor didn't see an arsonist or a killer. He saw a caring father searching for answers. He saw a dedicated man with a lust for justice” 0 likes
“The video, Carrie's video, was a snuff film, Russ. A fucking snuff film.” 0 likes