Start by marking “The Queen's Maid of Honour (The French Orphan, # 4)” as Want to Read:
The Queen's Maid of Honour (The French Orphan, # 4)

The Queen's Maid of Honour (The French Orphan #4)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
The year is 1643. The scheming Cardinal Mazarin is now Prime Minister of France, but on the other side of the Channel, unrest in England grows daily, as civil war is erupting. As the political situation in England deteriorates, the royal court flees London for Oxford, and King Charles is desperate to secure both funding and troops to come to his aid.

Mazarin, every bit as
Published March 31st 2016 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about The Queen's Maid of Honour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Queen's Maid of Honour

Jae Berry
Got this book, and the two preceding books, free from Amazon unlimited and I think they were overpriced. I'm a little embarrassed at having spent my time on these.

Now, don't get me wrong, the stories had their moments. I cared about the characters. The pace wasn't bad. But the writing was infuriating. My God, can't this guy get a professional editor? At one point, I started counting pages with cliches and ended up counting pages without cliches, because the latter was infinitely easier. I've won
Stuart Hargreaves
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Avery good historical novel set in the mid 17th century, full of intrigue, plots and counter-plots . I did have to concentrate reading this book but that meant I was fully focused and enjoyed it more.
Jim Hughes
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read.

A great read. I was excited to get to the next chapter of each book and was sad when the stories ended.
gerry staab
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Good young adult fiction. Am looking forward to reading next book in this series.the end of this story left us knowing that there will be more to come.
Stacey Schneller
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was good finish to a good series. I enjoyed reading this book and all the others as well.

Filled with Romance and adventure this story was a fun fast page turner till the end. The characters were very well written and definitely had me instreasted.

If you like historical fiction this book is for. You will not be disappointed.

I received a ARC of this book to give a honest review.
Cindy Woods
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best yet!

I said it before...this series should be made into a movie series. It's filled with intrigue, adventure and romance set in 1642 England and France during the political upheaval of the English regent. The characters are wonderfully described and come to life by the skill if this creative author. Love the use of historical events to form a very interesting and captivating plot. A fun read!
Roxanne
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a Goodreads win review. This very good book is set in 1643 France has a new Prime Minister and he is an evil person. King Charles needs to get of London because his situation is bad and the government in in trouble. But the Prime Minister wants to get The Queen who was a princess in France. The whole book deals with the royal court, politics, battles, love and war and the struggle between Prostestants and Catholics. I enjoyed this book.
Susan Pannell
Mar 24, 2017
carmen a hansel
Aug 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Balance (The Tales of Tim Hurtletuta, Book Two)
  • The Secret of Fatima (Father Kevin Thrall #1)
  • The Legend of the River Beast (How I Spent My Summer Vacation, #1)
  • Help Thou Mine Unbelief: Scientific, Historical, and Spiritual Evidence of God
  • Worth the Wait: Divine Island Book 1
  • A Tail of Camelot  (Mice of the Round Table, #1)
  • The Universe Between Us
  • The Tudors
  • Ichiro's Odyssey
  • Timeless Lust - Erotic Stories in the Ancient World
  • Touching Heaven: A Cardiologist's Encounters with Death and Living Proof of an Afterlife
  • The Dragon Throne (The Four Kingdoms #1)
  • Cat's Meow
  • The Testament of Sophie Dawes: The Queen of Chantilly and a Scandal at the Heart of Victorian Society
  • In Satan's Shadow
  • Mask of Duplicity (The Jacobite Chronicles #1)
  • Grumbles
  • Spellweaver (Olive Kennedy, Fairy World M.D., #2)
Born and educated in Europe, Michael has always been intrigued by the historical setting and the fact that what makes us human was as true in the 17th century as it is now.

He has been reading and writing about history for longer than he cares to recall...
More about Michael Stolle

The French Orphan (4 books)
  • The French Orphan (The French Orphan, #1)
  • The Secrets of Montrésor (The French Orphan, #2)
  • Under the Spell of The Serenissima (The French Orphan, #3)